• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The New Technology that Will Cut the Price of Oil in Half?

What is the future of this technology?

• Total voters

markwit3

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
New technologies are arriving in the world at a rapid rate as borders disappear between societies and countries, and the worldwide web continues to expand. These innovations come from the progressive human consciousness that includes us all. Meanwhile large organizations are shaping and editing where they will fit into the picture. How else can they make sure that they can keep on expanding and exploiting the society? The dinosaurs that guard the gates of the past might possibly lose billions of dollars, if the new technologies dare to affect their bottom lines negatively. This lesson is true for all fields of human involvement but mostly for the oil industry. The major corporations that pull oil from the ground have had a greater negative impact on the earth than any other industry.

Oil can be attributed as a cause to war, to natural disasters, to global climate change, to smog and pollution, as well as corruption in government and economic policies that have spun the world toward an economic collapse. Imagine what you could be doing with the money if you weren't spending a large portion of it weekly on getting to and fro. You could buy a better Christmas gift for your kid or a cooler car for yourself. You could get a nicer house or buy a new TV. If countries weren't fighting each other for oil then militaries would not end up wasting so much of the taxpayers’ dollars keeping their war machines up and running.

Oil obviously is an essential part of the current world’s daily routine. It is a necessity. Mainly because corporations have worked so hard to make it so. Progressive ideas in the United States have been squashed so that oil will stay a central part of the U.S. way of life. Take for example the electric car or light rail, wind energy and solar power. All these new technologies lack funding from the federal government mainly because corporate lobbyists from big oil, auto, and steel work so hard to keep the new technologies off the table and away from the public eye.

With that in mind a new technology that could revolutionize the oil industry and make oil more affordable to everyone is on the table. Testing has been taking place in California on a new "Viscoil Technology" that is capable of increasing the yield of distillates from heavy and medium petroleum crude and petroleum crude blends. This new technology is the optimum solution that will make the life of the burdened consumer much easier. Viscoil has developed a proprietary method that will cut the cost of oil processing in half. It means that instead of paying 2.3 USD a gallon at a gas station, you might be paying 1.5 USD a gallon. It means that you might spend your gas money on groceries, vacations or whatever you, and just you, will choose to spend it on. This method is known as "Viscoil Technology" and has the U.S. Patent Application number 61/295.225.

This money-saving technology is available for everybody, not only the US or Europe. The people of countries such as Ecuador or Bolivia could benefit greatly from this technology. The new technology could mean better access to education, healthcare, and social programs that mean so much to people who have so little.

Unfortunately the oil industry has no desire to see this new technology implemented. Why would it? This technological advance would cut into their profits and cause them to possibly lower the price they charge for the oil they sell. The dinosaurs that lobby in the halls of Congress have no intention of making less money even if it would serve a greater public good. They have their own interests at heart. They have no intention of helping the U.S. lower its carbon footprint or pull out of the Middle East. After all would the U.S. really be there if they didn't have oil. The oil industry has helped shaped the misguided U.S. foreign policy that has led to so much death and misery. Oil is sadly the Achilles Heal of the West. Western powers chase it like a drug addict chases his next fix, abandoning principles and morality along the way. I give the oil companies one year to destroy the basic principles of the technology or to change it so that we, people, will never benefit from it. Just one year.

I am proposing an experiment. Let us watch to see what the oil industry chooses to do over the coming year with the new technology at their disposal. Will they embrace it? Will they ignore it? Will they make it go away? I bet they will attempt to make it go away. For utilizing it would thin their already fat wallets. I’m curious what others think. Hence, this post. The future is wide open. Let's see what happens.

IMO, theyll still charge the same(allegedly what the market will bear) and double the margin on refinement. theyll be even more wealthy and powerful.
there is nothing to force them to do any different.

i wonder who paid for the technology development.

I would expect the howls of pain to come mainly from the "Green Energy" scams that depend so heavily on government subsidies.

Between the Oil Companies wanting to make all the money they can while the oil lasts, and the Phony Environmental Groups doing everything they can to stop any progress it is going to take someone who is smart enough to stand up to both sides and say sit down and shut up this is how it's going to be, the n lay out a plan to utilize what we has and encourage new developments that don't cost an arm and a leg and do not require massive taxes to pay for them.

Everything we need is available today to make a huge difference but the Environmentally ill try to block progress because it threatens their existence if oil stops being used and is replaced by another form of energy.

They are fighting wind because of birds which is nonsense. I used to live near the San Gorgonio near Palm Springs where there are thousands of wind generators and more birds then I have ever seen any place ever.

They fight Solor because of some trumped up threat to an gnat or rat or who knows what, and it's all bogus, because th3ey want to keep the high paying jobs and have all the protesting done by volunteer people who think they are fighting for a real environmental cause and don't know it's about money, for the CEOs and others who make good pay and do nothing but lie and put out memos.

IMO, theyll still charge the same(allegedly what the market will bear) and double the margin on refinement. theyll be even more wealthy and powerful.
there is nothing to force them to do any different.

i wonder who paid for the technology development.
I'd totally agree with you. The question is - how can we prevent them from messing up something as cool? I guess nothing - even though sometimes it all seems so wrong... I'm not sure who paid for the technology - the company has the website and all - I googled them. VISCOIL HOLDINGS, LLC Home - it's based in California.

I would expect the howls of pain to come mainly from the "Green Energy" scams that depend so heavily on government subsidies.
Well, I would imagine that green energy people aren't the main enemy, are they? Oil corporations would mainly suffer from this technology. That's why I think they'll do their best to mess it up.

Between the Oil Companies wanting to make all the money they can while the oil lasts, and the Phony Environmental Groups doing everything they can to stop any progress it is going to take someone who is smart enough to stand up to both sides and say sit down and shut up this is how it's going to be, the n lay out a plan to utilize what we has and encourage new developments that don't cost an arm and a leg and do not require massive taxes to pay for them.

Everything we need is available today to make a huge difference but the Environmentally ill try to block progress because it threatens their existence if oil stops being used and is replaced by another form of energy.

They are fighting wind because of birds which is nonsense. I used to live near the San Gorgonio near Palm Springs where there are thousands of wind generators and more birds then I have ever seen any place ever.

They fight Solor because of some trumped up threat to an gnat or rat or who knows what, and it's all bogus, because th3ey want to keep the high paying jobs and have all the protesting done by volunteer people who think they are fighting for a real environmental cause and don't know it's about money, for the CEOs and others who make good pay and do nothing but lie and put out memos.
It sounds like you're contradicting yourself. Oil companies are bad, and environmentalists are bad - who's good then? You want everything, but you don't want to pay for it. That's not the way it works, and that's not what we're discussing here. We're talking about how we can save money on the new technology that IS environmentally friendly. And believe me - progress can never be stopped.

As a proponent of Viscoil, a company specializing in state-of-the-art oil refining technologies, I would suggest that developing countries be more involved in the production and refining of their own medium and heavy crude oils. Such self-sufficiency would contribute to the economic well-being of developing countries, while simultaneously causing large petroleum corporations to see their profit margins decline.
For example, Brazil produces 2.4 million barrels of oil per day, including 2 million barrels of heavy crude from offshore. If we assume that the utilization of Viscoil technology would increase profits before taxes by $7 per barrel (due to increases in distillate yields), the additional profit would then be $14 million per day, which is equivalent to $5 billion per year. This would mean that the government-controlled petroleum company Petrobras, which is a major oil company in Brazil, could buy expensive drilling equipment and refineries, while also investing in the development of Brazil’s critical infrastructure. Consequently, the Brazilian government would no longer need support from foreign oil companies to develop its oil fields.
In addition, developing countries would be able to independently operate vertically integrated companies involved in the production, refining, and transportation of crude. These new companies would be able to conduct policy at the world oil market, as well as defend their economic interests at international summits. At the same time, the influence of large petroleum companies, such as ExxonMobil, Shell, and ConocoPhillips would significantly decrease or fade way completely. Judge for yourself: in 2009, ExxonMobil earned $19.7 billion in net profits, while Shell earned $12.7 billion, and ConocoPhillips earned $4.9 billion. All three companies received approximately 80% of their net income from international operations. Now, let us assume that developing countries could independently produce and refine their own crude oil, and then sell it as gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel to the world markets. This would mean that the net incomes of ExxonMobil, Shell, and ConocoPhillips would decline to roughly $4 billion, $2.5 billion, and $1 billion, respectively. At the same time, the net incomes of developing countries would rise by $30 billion annually, as a result of reallocation of resources from only these three companies. Furthermore, due to the utilization of economically-efficient Viscoil technology, net incomes could increase by at least $10 billion, which would aggregately total $40 billion annually. Therefore, the net incomes of petroleum companies from developing countries would be at least five times higher than those of the (former) petroleum giants. Consequently, companies such as ExxonMobil, Shell, and ConocoPhillips would become medium or small companies, or would be acquired by newly emerged petroleum holdings.
If developing countries could become more self-sufficient in the production and refining of their own medium and heavy crude oils, they would experience widespread economic benefits. Income from the oil sector would enable them to develop their national economies, create new jobs, and carry out more effective social programs. At the same time, the well-being of American families would also increase due to lower oil prices resulting from the utilization of Viscoil technology. Taking into consideration the fact that a typical American family spends about 18% of its disposable income on gasoline and motor fuel, Americans would benefit significantly. Question: who would not benefit from the utilization of Viscoil technology? Answer: top managers of petroleum companies, brokers, and speculators who do everything possible to keep oil prices at the highest-possible level. Obviously, this is because high oil prices result in higher profit margins for them. For example, in 2005 ExxonMobil declared the highest profit among American corporations in the history of the USA. At the same time, top managers and speculators are the ones to blame for the global economic crisis of 2008, and the subsequent deterioration of the well-being of American families. The notorious Enron case is another example of my point. Therefore, I am asking for help for all those who are interested in the prosperity of citizens all over the world, including developing countries, and global economic development to write to me at croossvm@gmail.com.

Why is there no technical data on the internet about this?

Furthermore, unless it can double yields, it won't do much. Total aggregate demand is rising globally at alarming rates. We're better off switching to Thermal depolymerization.

Back
Top Bottom