• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The New Stain, when it takes hold, will be biblical.

noonereal

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
I recall when I was watching the national news at the end of last February in reference to the shutdown in Italy and China. It was pretty surreal and I understood then, we were in for a world of hurt. Kind of was a punch in the stomach to intellectually understand what was about to happen.

Well boys and girls, pay attention to this new strain and prepare NOW.
This has just happened again.

I just did some reading on the new strain and we can expect cases to quadruple, yes I said quadruple.
This will put daily deaths at about 15,000.

England has had the quadrupling while in a total lockdown.

Try and get your heads around this. 4 fold increase in spite of a full lockdown.

Folks, this is going to be biblical.

You have been warned, best of luck to all.

I recall when I was watching the national news at the end of last February in reference to the shutdown in Italy and China. It was pretty surreal and I understood then, we were in for a world of hurt. Kind of was a punch in the stomach to intellectually understand what was about to happen.

I just did some reading on the new strain and we can expect cases to quadruple, yes I said quadruple.

Try and get your heads around this. 4 fold increase in spite of a full lockdown.

I saw the thread title and quickly clicked on it. What in the world kind of stain could be biblical? o_O:LOL:

Total letdown when I saw it was Corona.

I also heard that the masks need to be much better than what most of us are using. I've been wearing two masks, when I'm out, for a couple months now.

Because im lazy have any links?

Because im lazy have any links?

Links on what is going on are readily available. You would need to dig into the numbers and extrapolate as I have. The OP is not a repeat of one story put into my words.
It's the result of much reading and assimilating of numbers and articles.

Peace

Thus far there is little data available on the latest strain of the Covid-19 virus to be detected. It is, if my sources are correct, one of several. It is apparently more contagious but not necessarily more lethal. The efficacy of existing vaccines has not yet been determined.

Meanwhile, another class of vaccines are being developed which will be more 'broadband' with regard to the virus.

While it is possible to develop 'worst case' scenarios, we do not know enough to tag them with a probability number. Meanwhile, patience and personal protective practices are our best line of defense.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the prophylactic Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Reminder. I try to respond to all who quote my posts. If you do not get a response from me, it may be that you've made it onto my 'Ignore' list.

Thus far there is little data available on the latest strain of the Covid-19 virus to be detected. It is, if my sources are correct, one of several. It is apparently more contagious but not necessarily more lethal. The efficacy of existing vaccines has not yet been determined.

Meanwhile, another class of vaccines are being developed which will be more 'broadband' with regard to the virus.

While it is possible to develop 'worst case' scenarios, we do not know enough to tag them with a probability number. Meanwhile, patience and personal protective practices are our best line of defense.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the prophylactic Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Reminder. I try to respond to all who quote my posts. If you do not get a response from me, it may be that you've made it onto my 'Ignore' list.
Pfizer have been quoted as saying that the existing vaccine is not only efficacious with the new variant, but is easily modified to cope with any other variants which may emerge. The Moderna vaccine is apparently equally modifiable.

Pfizer have been quoted as saying that the existing vaccine is not only efficacious with the new variant, but is easily modified to cope with any other variants which may emerge. The Moderna vaccine is apparently equally modifiable.

Hi!

Thank you for the update to my info file in my wetware!

Regards, best to you and yours.

yes, this is a simple disease to create a vaccine for as we saw

it took but 6 days after it teh Chinese released the sequence to produce the virus

(it had zero to do with Trump's Warp Speed. The vaccine was done before we even had our first case here)

And Biden will be 100% responsible for it.

We are now losing people at teh rate of 1.2 million a year.

This, without teh strain which is 70% more contagious taking hold yet.

We are doing nothing to combat the current rise in infections so there is no reason to think this will do nothing but get worse.

What is your guess?

As I said we are at a pace now to lose 1.2 million in 2021.
How much worse do you think it will get?

We are doing nothing to combat the current rise in infections so there is no reason to think this will do nothing but get worse.

What is your guess?

IF today's daily average holds through the rest of 2021, THEN that would result in around 456,520 COVID-19 deaths during 2021.

That means (assuming you apply Mashemathematics) that it will be four times worse than you suggest since 4 is four times larger than 1.

21-01-16 A2 - COVID vs Other Causes TABLE.JPG

What is your guess?

My estimate back in April or May was approx 650 000 deaths with 60 million infections. I can't remember if I provided a time frame

IF today's daily average holds through the rest of 2021, THEN that would result in around 456,520 COVID-19 deaths during 2021.

That means (assuming you apply Mashemathematics) that it will be four times worse than you suggest since 4 is four times larger than 1.

Your number saree always off. We have been losing over 4,000 people a day most days.

--------------------------

Now you are saying we will lose 450,000 a year when we will lose that many for the first full year and we are at the highest lose by far now.

You make no sense.

We lost 3,744 people yesterday. 3,973 before that, 3,930 before that and 4,406 before that.
This is 4013 a day.

At 4,000 a day times 365 we would be at 1,460,000.

This is simple stuff

This is why it's always important for a population to fight to reduce infection rates, period. No matter if it's very virulent or not, whether it only affects mostly people you dont value (see: many Americans and their elderly), if it's damaging to the economy, etc.

Because the more cases there are, the more chances for mutation. Most mutations are harmless, even deleterious to the microbe. But when there are trillions of microbes multiplying, the chances of a more virulent mutation go up.

So far we've only seen mutations for higher communicability. That's one microbe strategy. Another, esp. when a microbe has plenty to feed on, is to become more virulent, because with a secure food supply, it can afford to kill.

We are only one year into this virus. The Spanish Flu stuck around for 2 years and travelled in about 4 different waves. It changed in virulence as it went. People should be praying it doesn't mutate towards something even more dangerous.

My estimate back in April or May was approx 650 000 deaths with 60 million infections. I can't remember if I provided a time frame

That was the estimated number for the deaths in 1918-19. Also the civil war.

This is why it's always important for a population to fight to reduce infection rates, period. No matter if it's very virulent or not, whether it only affects mostly people you dont value (see: many Americans and their elderly), if it's damaging to the economy, etc.

Because the more cases there are, the more chances for mutation. Most mutations are harmless, even deleterious to the microbe. But when there are trillions of microbes multiplying, the chances of a more virulent mutation go up.

So far we've only seen mutations for higher communicability. That's one microbe strategy. Another, esp. when a microbe has plenty to feed on, is to become more virulent, because with a secure food supply, it can afford to kill.

We are only one year into this virus. The Spanish Flu stuck around for 2 years and travelled in about 4 different waves. It changed in virulence as it went. People should be praying it doesn't mutate towards something even more dangerous.

The strain in Africa has already escaped which means teh vaccine is not the perfect match it is for teh current strains.

Looks like we can expect a Tide of new cases.

The strain in Africa has already escaped which means teh vaccine is not the perfect match it is for teh current strains.
How do you know that? Did you see that published? Because I'm pretty sure they have not come close to fully vaccinating in that region yet.

How do you know that? Did you see that published? Because I'm pretty sure they have not come close to fully vaccinating in that region yet.

"Within the South African COVID strain scientists have found what they're calling an “escape mutation” named E484K. It's feared that this escape mutation will do just what the name implies—allow 501.V2 to escape vaccine antibodies."

https://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/view/e484k-mutation-might-make-covid-strain-vaccine-resistant

Back
Top Bottom