• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The new message: 'Improve' health care, don't talk cost

Re: New Dem message: 'Improve' health care, don't talk cost

btw, premiums increased by 119% from 1999 to 2008. that's NOT a small amount.

have a great weekend.

http://www.kff.org/insurance/upload/7692_02.pdf

13.2% per year average.......... nice try if they went up 26% this year, that would be a 200% increase in rate inflation compared to pre-health care bill passage.

Thanx for making that point.

Last edited:

btw, premiums increased by 119% from 1999 to 2008. that's NOT a small amount.

have a great weekend.

http://www.kff.org/insurance/upload/7692_02.pdf

13.2% per year average.......... nice try if they went up 26% this year, that would be a 200% increase in rate inflation compared to pre-health care bill passage.

Not to mention an eight year comparative analysis was applied by her to argue against the one year increase. Liblady, you do realize that was a laughable comparison right? Using an 8:1 ratio without even showing the year to year data this year was still roughly 13% HIGHER than the average over eight years. Again, this IS Obamacare(less) healthcare legislation.

IF?

IF not?

?????

What do we have that is?

IF?

IF not?

?????

What do we have that is?

The 26% increase was supplied by personal experience of a poster here of a rate increase since HC passed.... that is why I said "if". That figure was validated by another poster that works in the health insurance industry.

Refute it if you can.

The 26% increase was supplied by personal experience of a poster here of a rate increase since HC passed.... that is why I said "if". That figure was validated by another poster that works in the health insurance industry.

Refute it if you can.

I don't need to refuted it. I need verifiable evidence. None of us should accept anyone's word for it. My insurance hasn't gone up since the bill passed, but did long before it passed. So, what we need is something we can view and verify. your willingness to accep unverified information speaks to your bias and little more.

I don't need to refuted it. I need verifiable evidence. None of us should accept anyone's word for it. My insurance hasn't gone up since the bill passed, but did long before it passed. So, what we need is something we can view and verify. your willingness to accep unverified information speaks to your bias and little more.

Article about rate hikes is here

Anything else you need verification for?

With a knock out in the first minute of the first round...... and still the champion,

jalllllllllllmannnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is where I get pissed off around here: the whole supportive link thing shouldn't be an obstacle to debate. It shouldn't be a stall tactic to curb discussion and it shouldn't be asked for to punctuate disagreement. We're all adults here of at least moderate intelligence who know how to use google. If you take exception to something, rather than stall everyone in the conversation while you send people jumping through hoops to satisfy your obtuse requests, why not just hit the browser yourself and see if there is any mention of a rate hike? And if that doesn't work...then ask for the link.

Instead, I see the typical "well I don't believe you because I am not required to, so there! Nah-nah-nah-nahnah-naaaaaahhhh!"

All it does is break down rational discussion and leave everyone involved not even wanting to bother.

Democrats have, apparently, finally come to the conclusion (I assume internal polling) that Obamacare is a big political loser and the number of people supporting repeal is growing. Why else go through all the trouble of trying to move people from the "repeal" camp to the just "improve it" camp?

BTW, it seems their strategy is just to continue to lie to people about the benefits of the reform. i.e. slide 8. HIPAA already prevents a new employer from denying benefits for a pre-ex condition when the employee had coverage with a previous employer.

New Dem message: 'Improve' health care, don't talk cost - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Lipstick on a pig. :neutral:

Article about rate hikes is here

Anything else you need verification for?

Again, this doesn't support you at all. You have one single state rasing prices with no logical link to the new health care bill. Logically, there would be no reason for them to raise rates yet based on that bill, and there s no claim in your article that they are for that reason. So, you have rates in one state going up because of the high cost of health care, before any refom.

That's why it is important for you to link, so someone can determine what it is you're presenting.

Again, this doesn't support you at all.

Actually, it does support everything I said about having personally been subjected to a rate hike, in my own state, from the provider I use.

But then we all knew that verification wasn't really what you were after at all.

Actually, it does support everything I said about having personally been subjected to a rate hike, in my own state, from the provider I use.

But then we all knew that verification wasn't really what you were after at all.
He has the rare and distinct dishonor of being on my ignore list because of things like above. He shakes off rock solid factual evidence in the most obnoxious and obvious ways by decree instead of actually learning something and debating. He's got that smug "your facts aren't accurate" defense that is almost never applied correctly.

But back to topic; Thank you for the info Jall, I hope that the supporters of this bill and especially the partisans will take a second to process it.

Which is meaningless to the debate unless linked to the new bill. Seriously. This is a hike with no relationship to the bill passed by congress. What I was after, which was clear, was something that supported a claim made concerning the topic. You actually support the need for reform, reform the bill offers.

Shoot, our company plan increased by almost 26% this year. Our organization is seriously considering getting rid of the insurance plan once Obamacare kicks in because they simply won't be able to afford to keep carrying us. And that's coming from the Finance department...

I though I would note this as I wasn't responding to you when you jumped into the conversation. Again, as the 26% came without the reform in place, it is fair to suggest with that kind of increase not linked to reform, they would likely have been considering doing away with it regardless.

This is the comment that needs support. He seems to be comparing pre care care refom with post health care reform. What Jallman presents is not post health care reform.

I hope this clarifies.

Which is meaningless to the debate

I think you need to go back and read what was said, this time paying a little closer attention to trying to actually UNDERSTAND the conversation.

I think you need to go back and read what was said, this time paying a little closer attention to trying to actually UNDERSTAND the conversation.

Perhaps you can sow me my error.

I'll be the first to admit there's always room for improve. It's the very reason I was so upset to learn that despite accepting some Republicans ideas (contrary to what we've been told) and including them in health care reform legistlations, most Republicans still refused to vote in favor of it. So much time wasted trying to stop it instead of putting forth the very best ideas based on sound research to put forth the very best legistlation Congress could draft. Sad really when you stop and think about it.

Simply because some of the GOP idea's were put into this Bill, presumably as an inducement for the GOP to support the Bill, does not mean that the GOP are not entitled to disagree with other parts of the Bill, and thus disavow the entire Bill.

Back
Top Bottom