• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The New GOP

Who those opposing conspiracy theories survive in the GOP

• Yes

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • What Conspiracy Theory? These are facts!

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
It really elevates my respect for people like Walsh, Cheney, Kristol, Schmidt, Cindy McCain, Rick Wilson, et al who said, "No!" to this crap.
BUT do that group of people have the backbone to actually leave the GOP and campaign against them if they feel they have been corrupted?

Who is Joe Walsh? Also, what is your poll even asking?
Google can answer your fist stupid question. And, it should not be hard to work around the typo in the poll. Just think of another word beginning with a "W" that fits better with the rest of the words.

That actually isn't a fair characterization. Lots of whites voted for Biden. Lots of whites are leftists.
What you meant to say is "The Party of White Bigots."

:cool:
?

The Black Guy who spoke in the GOP Rebuttal to Biden last week isn't a "White Bigot". He just wishes he was White. So, no, I disagree with yours - and mine stands. It is the party of Whites Only.

Mine is inclusive to self-hating minorities. Yours isn't.

BUT do that group of people have the backbone to actually leave the GOP and campaign against them if they feel they have been corrupted?
A good number of them have. I believe the only exception on my list is Liz Cheney, and she just might join the rest of the team after this week.

Google can answer your fist stupid question. And, it should not be hard to work around the typo in the poll.
Your type-o doesn't fix the problem. Your answers don't match the poll.

For example: How those caught in a riptide survive?
1. Yes
2. No
3. What riptides? All water is moving.

Wish I had the power to tell them no, especially when they get to pick their voters in lotsa states.
Not if they hang on to Trump though, there is only the chance they may convince the Mind and the fight is to control the Mind.

So you do have the power to say no, the measures the Republicans are passing are inconsequential.

That is the narrative I want, that is what I will accept and discriminate.

Why should I accept some smiling Republican?

?

The Black Guy who spoke in the GOP Rebuttal to Biden last week isn't a "White Bigot". He just wishes he was White. So, no, I disagree with yours - and mine stands. It is the party of Whites Only.

Mine is inclusive to self-hating minorities. Yours isn't.
the party of Whites ONLY implies ALL whites, because you won't distinguish between whites who are GOP and whites who aren't.

It's very scary to watch it happen. I never would have imagined ... but this is it.
Yeah, because there were no gas chambers and no one ran around in long black leather coats with red armbands, most people said, "Nah, they aren't Nazi."

Four years later, those same people get it, and now say, "Ah, so this is how guys running around in long black leather coats with red arm bands start building gas chambers."

Lincoln must be turning in his grave :(
Look at a Civil War map and a current political map. The the blue states are still blue but the grey states are now red.

the party of Whites ONLY implies ALL whites, because you won't distinguish between whites who are GOP and whites who aren't.
I didn't say Whites ONLY.

I said Whites Only. The party happily takes-in self-hating minorities who vote against their own interests.

I didn't say Whites ONLY.

I said Whites Only. The party happily takes-in self-hating minorities who vote against their own interests.
ok I am not about to get into semantics, suffice it to say if people said the Dems were the party of blacks only you would find that offensive, but have no issue of saying Repubs are the party of white only.

I know a LOT of American whites who are NOT GOP, so I will leave it at that.

Look at a Civil War map and a current political map. The the blue states are still blue but the grey states are now red.
the point being, Lincoln was a certain kind of Republican, and the modern GOP is totally not representative of Lincoln's Republicans.

That actually isn't a fair characterization. Lots of whites voted for Biden. Lots of whites are leftists.
What you meant to say is "The Party of White Bigots."

:cool:
I totally disagree. There were good faith reasons to be R before 2000 (just to stake out the easy ground), and from 00 to 12 it was still relatively defensible, and from 16 on the idea was that you defend some semblance of intellectual conservatism against the ravages of modernity. I wasn't with my pasty brothers for this part of the timeline, but I reject the idea that they were necessarily bigots. And now, in 2021 ... yeah, they're just bigots, I'll move on to better things than asserting intellectually possible defenses for ****ing racists.

I totally disagree. There were good faith reasons to be R before 2000 (just to stake out the easy ground), and from 00 to 12 it was still relatively defensible, and from 16 on the idea was that you defend some semblance of intellectual conservatism against the ravages of modernity. I wasn't with my pasty brothers for this part of the timeline, but I reject the idea that they were necessarily bigots. And now, in 2021 ... yeah, they're just bigots, I'll move on to better things than asserting intellectually possible defenses for ****ing racists.
Anyone who is still supporting the Trump version of the GOP, is a bigot. I am NOT talking about those who have disassociated themselves from the Trump version of the GOP.

At this point, it even worse than just being a racist. Nowadays, to support Trump you must be anti-democracy.

the last i heard, it's still possible to leave a party. they should do that, IMO.

the last i heard, it's still possible to leave a party. they should do that, IMO.
It's really the only option. Many of us did exactly that.

True. And guess who says so...the membership of the Republican Party.

The Republican Party is a club, and the club members write the rules.
And your rules have lost you everything. Mitch is trying to hang on to what little power he has but just saying no in the end will also cause his downfall. The gop is killing itself with its insistence of hanging on to trump. Wait till his trials start, I'm sure that will help the image of those who still support him.

It’s the way it’s suppose to be done. You don’t represent your constituents you are subject to being recalled. Like CA gov and what’s happening to Cheney. Seems I recall Davy Crockett getting called back from DC when he screwed the pooch

And your rules have lost you everything. Mitch is trying to hang on to what little power he has but just saying no in the end will also cause his downfall. The gop is killing itself with its insistence of hanging on to trump. Wait till his trials start, I'm sure that will help the image of those who still support him.
They are not my rules. I don't give a shit about Mitch. It remains to be seen what happens to the GOP. I don't think there'll be any trials.

It’s the way it’s suppose to be done. You don’t represent your constituents you are subject to being recalled. Like CA gov and what’s happening to Cheney. Seems I recall Davy Crockett getting called back from DC when he screwed the pooch
I guess it sucks if your constituents are Nazis when you are not.

Nazis led by liars preying on crazy

Lying Newt

Back
Top Bottom