• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The new discriminated against minority...Americans that love their country.

RetiredNSmilin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I am fairly new to DP, and it was a lot of fun hearing opposing views from others in a respectful discussion.

However, recently, I have found I think there is a new minority in this country that is hated and reviled for everything they hold dear and stand for.

I am talking about Americans who genuinely LOVE their country and the symbol of that country in the flag of our nation.

I am standing alone on this grassy hilltop asking if there are any others here on this forum that also love the United States, and it's flag as a symbol of this country. It is only a piece of cloth made in China, but that is not what I am talking about. I am talking about what it SYMBOLIZES. The United States of America.

Is there any here that can boldly say OUT LOUD, and in public, that they love this country?

Even in the 60's the hippies did what they did out of love for their country and wanted to change the path it was on. History proved them right and they won, but they won because they still loved their country and needed to change its course. They did not win because they hated it and wanted to see it destroyed like so many do right now.

So, anyone...LEFT...RIGHT...CENTER...DEMOCRAT...REPUBLICAN...LIBERTARIAN...or whatever...how many of you can say you love this country and stand with me on this hill?

(sitting down on the grass with a glass of sweet tea and a fried chicken leg. I got a whole bucket, but don't just come for the chicken.)

Hating America is "in vogue" these days and generally brought on by people who can make a living at it.

I am much like you on this.

Let's hope that a voice of reason will come along fairly soon.

Hating America is "in vogue" these days and generally brought on by people who can make a living at it.

I am much like you on this.

Let's hope that a voice of reason will come along fairly soon.

This super heated steam needs to vent soon or there will be no winners.

Care for some chicken?

Americans who genuinely LOVE their country

Those bastards. Everyone knows that Australia is the best country! ;)

Seriously though, you recognise that hippies loved their country and because of that wanted to change its course, but think that most Americans now hate their country and want to see it destroyed? Where'd you get that from?

Seriously though, you recognise that hippies loved their country and because of that wanted to change its course, but think that most Americans now hate their country and want to see it destroyed? Where'd you get that from?

I LOVE Australia too. Been to Perth and Brisbane (briz bun). Hated to leave. Kinda reminded me of California in the 70's.

I got the FACT that there are those that HATE the US from their very own words posted right here on DP. Visit my flag desecration thread "down under" and you can see it very clearly. There is a HUGE majority that outright HATE the US and have no problem saying so.

This thread is to not debate that fact, but to see who will stand up and be counted as someone who says they love the United States.

So far, there are only two souls standing on this hill.

...and both of us are Navy veterans.

Last edited:

Michelle Obama said:
for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country

My from the first lady who is only proud of her country when her husband is president.

With respect to all....

Can we not make this into some debate.

All I am asking for is a ROLL CALL of DP members who are not afraid to say the love the United States....and not ashamed to say so publically and out loud for all to see.

So far the count is only 2 on this grassy hill.

Kinda not much of a suprize after all the venom I heard from everyone else that HATES the United States.

I did not expect too many to stand on their own two feet and stand with me and say the opposite.

It is not popular to do that. "The Crowd" (majority of DP members) is too busy burning flags and spitting on veteran's memories under their 1A rights of the US Constitution.

Which, by the way, will be the very first thing they burn if they ever get in power. I think I am the only one that sees that fact.

First burn the symbol of the US in its flag....next burn the basis of the US in the Constitution....then burn anything and everything they do not like. Without US Constitutional law there is nothing holding them back.

Last edited:
With respect to all....

Can we not make this into some debate.

All I am asking for is a ROLL CALL of DP members who are not afraid to say the love the United States....and not ashamed to say so publically and out loud for all to see.

So far the count is only 2 on this grassy hill.

Kinda not much of a suprize after all the venom I heard from everyone else that HATES the United States.

I did not expect too many to stand on their own two feet and stand with me and say the opposite.

It is not popular to do that. "The Crowd" (majority of DP members) is too busy burning flags and spitting on veteran's memories under their 1A rights of the US Constitution.

Which, by the way, will be the very first thing they burn if they ever get in power. I think I am the only one that sees that fact.

Here's the problem with your premise and why you probably won't get much of a response. I love my country. But for many (not I), if you disagree with THEIR vision of how the country should be, you DON'T love your country. If you can accept that loving your country is NOT contingent on what your vision of the country should be, I'd bet you'd get MANY saying they love their country.

This super heated steam needs to vent soon or there will be no winners.

Care for some chicken?

Let's just burn a few American Flags to push the steam over into the super heated.

Then toss Trump and Hillary into a small room over the boiler, and when the sneering and screeching toggle the Leidenfrost effect, there will be pieces.... and eventually peace.

-

Here's the problem with your premise and why you probably won't get much of a response. I love my country. But for many (not I), if you disagree with THEIR vision of how the country should be, you DON'T love your country. If you can accept that loving your country is NOT contingent on what your vision of the country should be, I'd bet you'd get MANY saying they love their country.

Thank you, we are now 3.

I am not asking anyone their opinion on how the US should be. That is up to the system is it stands.

but I said right there in my opening post it does not matter HOW you love the US, just that you DO, and are not afraid of saying so.

My point is, us Americans are used to internal family fights, but as long as they personally are fighting for THEIR PERSONAL LOVE OF COUNTRY, I am good with it.

and am asking them to stand up and say so.

What I am also trying to reveal is a certain core that completely HATE this country and would LOVE to see it destroyed and burning. Those people disguise themselves amongst the sheep who are doing what they do out of genuine love for their country and DO NOT want to see it destroyed.

That is why they are welcome on this grassy hill with the rest of us. Hell, its just politics.

In the Navy I served with, fought with, and got drunk with all of them. No matter what political leaning, they were all patriotic Americans.

I just want to see how many there actually are here on DP that are not ashamed to say so.

(tossing Capt a chicken wing in a biscuit)

Last edited:
No hate here but I’ve never really understood this kind of unconditional nationalism and “love of a country” personally.

It’s only your country because you were born there (presumably – you tend not to get this style of nationalism from immigrants). If you’d been born and brought up somewhere else, you’d probably love there rather than America. Also, a country as a concept encompasses a massive range of different things, especially a country as big and diverse as America.

I suspect there are actually lots of things in and about America that you don’t love at all. What you’re really talking about here is a political concept that you’re just attributing to the country as a whole. The general purpose of that (intentionally or not) is to be able to say that anyone who disagrees with your political concepts is disloyal and hates the country and anyone who disagrees with you hates people who love their country.

That’s not to say you shouldn’t celebrate and promote good acts, ideas and principles (not withstanding disagreements of what is actually good) but simply attributing it all to the concept of a particular nation doesn’t seem to make any sense. There is also the issue that blinkered nationalism can cause major problems when there are bed things done by governments of existing within a nation.

Thank you, we are now 3.

but I said right there in my opening post it does not matter HOW you love the US, just that you DO, and are not afraid of saying so.

My point is, us Americans are used to internal family fights, but as long as they personally are fighting for THEIR PERSONAL LOVE OF COUNTRY, I am good with it.

and am asking them to stand up and say so.

What I am also trying to reveal is a certain core that completely HATE this country and would LOVE to see it destroyed and burning. Those people disguise themselves amongst the sheep who are doing what they do out of genuine love for their country and DO NOT want to see it destroyed.

That is why they are welcome on this grassy hill with the rest of us. Hell, its just politics.

I don't really see this as accurate. There are some who may fit the bill, but there are many who don't. Their vision of the US is different. I believe it was you who were upset about the flag burning issue. I agree with you, but one who supports flag burning my also love their country... a country that so honors the right of free speech that even burning a symbol as important as the flag is allowed.

I am fairly new to DP, and it was a lot of fun hearing opposing views from others in a respectful discussion.

However, recently, I have found I think there is a new minority in this country that is hated and reviled for everything they hold dear and stand for.

I am talking about Americans who genuinely LOVE their country and the symbol of that country in the flag of our nation.

I am standing alone on this grassy hilltop asking if there are any others here on this forum that also love the United States, and it's flag as a symbol of this country. It is only a piece of cloth made in China, but that is not what I am talking about. I am talking about what it SYMBOLIZES. The United States of America.

Is there any here that can boldly say OUT LOUD, and in public, that they love this country?

Even in the 60's the hippies did what they did out of love for their country and wanted to change the path it was on. History proved them right and they won, but they won because they still loved their country and needed to change its course. They did not win because they hated it and wanted to see it destroyed like so many do right now.

So, anyone...LEFT...RIGHT...CENTER...DEMOCRAT...REPUBLICAN...LIBERTARIAN...or whatever...how many of you can say you love this country and stand with me on this hill?

(sitting down on the grass with a glass of sweet tea and a fried chicken leg. I got a whole bucket, but don't just come for the chicken.)

I'll gladly stand at the top of that hill, even though I'm only 50% american. I love the country and it's people even though sometimes they can get on my nerves :lol:. Their heart is in the right place, that has to count for something.

What I don't agree with is the patriotic "we're number 1" mentality. It's ok to love your country, it's not ok to think it's better than others.

EDIT : give me that chicken.

I'll gladly stand at the top of that hill, even though I'm only 50% american. I love the country and it's people even though sometimes they can get on my nerves :lol:. Their heart is in the right place, that has to count for something.

What I don't agree with is the patriotic "we're number 1" mentality. It's ok to love your country, it's not ok to think it's better than others.

EDIT : give me that chicken.

Thank you...that makes 4. I also agree with you on all counts. This is too small a world to think one country has a monopoly on anything.

Cisero...isn't it kinda funny that asking people to say they love their country is now considered something weird, strange and to be ashamed of. Much less said out loud and in public?

(handing you the biggest breast in the bucket)

Last edited:
Michelle Obama said:
for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country
My from the first lady who is only proud of her country when her husband is president.

Some quick Googling suggests that that was in February 2008, before her husband even had the Democrat nomination. And, obviously, that's a far cry from the attitude described in the OP. If you had a father who was, say, a lifelong dole-bludger but who finally one day decided he was going to look for work, you might well say something like that (with "hope," even before a complete "change", as it were); but it wouldn't mean that you didn't love your father, and certainly wouldn't mean that you hated him and wanted him destroyed! Whether or not you agree with Michelle Obama's opinions, that clearly isn't an example of what the OP was talking about.

##

With respect to all....

Can we not make this into some debate. . . .

If that's your idea of respect, I'd hate to see what your disdain looks like :lol:

I don't really see this as accurate. There are some who may fit the bill, but there are many who don't. Their vision of the US is different. I believe it was you who were upset about the flag burning issue. I agree with you, but one who supports flag burning my also love their country... a country that so honors the right of free speech that even burning a symbol as important as the flag is allowed.

Then let them come up on this hill and say so. I already cover the cloth vs symbol issue in my OP post.

Note ZERO have done so. It is not because of the made in China cloth. They burn it because they HATE what it symbolizes. I have said that like 5 or 6 times now.

Then let them come up on this hill and say so. I already cover the cloth vs symbol issue in my OP post.

Note ZERO have done so. It is not because of the made in China cloth. They burn it because they HATE what it symbolizes. I have said that like 5 or 6 times now.

Just because YOU say it doesn't make it true. No one HAS to say why they do it anymore than your assumption of why they do it has any value. You are doing exactly what I said. Placing YOUR value on why someone cares about their country on others.

Back
Top Bottom