• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The new Civil Conservation Corp included in the jobs act...

GDViking

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
It was just brought to my attention this morning in another thread that included in Biden's jobs bill is a resurrection of the very popular CCC from FDRs new deal.
This is a great program that will really help cut down on flooding and forest fires.

I still fish stream improved sections of trout streams where their work is visible.
This is fantastic news!!!

It was just brought to my attention this morning in another thread that included in Biden's jobs bill is a resurrection of the very popular CCC from FDRs new deal.
This is a great program that will really help cut down on flooding and forest fires.

I still fish stream improved sections of trout streams where their work is visible.
I suspect the only people who sign up for this will be illegal aliens.

I would suspect you are very wrong.
There is a waiting list to join americorp a similar much smaller program started by Clinton.
I have worked with them on the upper Mississippi a few times.
They were all college students working over the summer...

Good! If it is true, as Benjamin Franklin taught us, that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, then these programs will be worth every penny spent, and yield many times their costs in return.

Good! If it is true, as Benjamin Franklin taught us, that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, then these programs will be worth every penny spent, and yield many times their costs in return.

And give much more exciting work with great experiences than typical fast food jobs for kids...

Early on I saw a $1.50 ROI for the 8 years of implementation, increasing for the next seven years where the plan continues to be paid for and then an undetermined length of greater return while the improvements are simply used. It's a good deal.

I mean listen to these people. Look at the wild ass shit they think.

Man.

I mean listen to these people. Look at the wild ass shit they think.

Man.
Even if we do use migrant workers, so what I s work that is long overdue...

I have worked with migrant workers, a d they are always on time and always worked harder than my other friends.

I would rather work side by side with someone who risked his life to get here for the opportunity to get that job and prove themselves, than some redneck that is pissed off that picking pumpkins is the only job he could get after dropping out of high school and feeling entitled to a job so he can buy his bush light...

Even if we do use migrant workers, so what I s work that is long overdue...

I have worked with migrant workers, a d they are always on time and always worked harder than my other friends.

I would rather work side by side with someone who risked his life to get here for the opportunity to get that job and prove themselves, than some redneck that is pissed off that picking pumpkins is the only job he could get after dropping out of high school and feeling entitled to a job so he can buy his bush light...
Your bigotry is noted.

Your bigotry is noted.
Not bigotry at all...

I am a hippy redneck hybrid who has worked beside migrant workers doing many different jobs.

You want it done, you don't hire someone from your high school, you hor someone from halfway across the world that appreciates the work.

Where I live the local farmers have to import workers to milk the cows because their own kids are too busy riding ATVs and hitching they can't find deer...

Back
Top Bottom