• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The new anti-semitism

Somehow I think there are two forces at work here: one is the notion that criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic. The other is like a card that’s held in our back pocket, the anti-Semitic card, that we gentiles pull out too often. A friend of mine, naturally Jewish, said “Why is it that I, who have been removed from Israel for a thousand years, can go back to live there, but Palestinians who were born there cannot.”

Israel is a tiny part of the area. Jews and Arabs lived in Palestine for many centuries. There never was an Arab Palestinian nation.

Most of the conflict stems from the fact that Arabs have HATED Jews for hundreds of years.

Wrong. Ethiopian Jews were regularly injected with what they were told were mandatory vaccinations but were actually doses of long-lasting contraceptives. It’s pointless to deny it. This practice was admitted by the Israeli government after the massive and prolonged decline of Ethiopian Jewish birth rates in Israel blew the scandal wide open.

Calling it sterilization is a LIE. And we don't know exactly how and why it was done. Maybe the Ethiopians had an extremely high rate of reproduction. Maybe the Ethiopian women did not understand what the injections were because of language differences

It's very easy to magnify and distort the facts when you are trying to demonize.

Calling it sterilization is a LIE. And we don't know exactly how and why it was done. Maybe the Ethiopians had an extremely high rate of reproduction. Maybe the Ethiopian women did not understand what the injections were because of language differences

It's very easy to magnify and distort the facts when you are trying to demonize.

Calling it sterilization is calling it what it is. Injecting Ethiopian women with contraceptives for 10 years resulting in a 50% decline in birth rates is sterilization. And, according to the women themselves, they were told the injections were inoculations and were forced accept them as a condition of immigration. We know exactly why it was done - racists operating at the highest levels of the Israeli government who can’t stand the idea of black Jews.

Calling it sterilization is calling it what it is. Injecting Ethiopian women with contraceptives for 10 years resulting in a 50% decline in birth rates is sterilization. And, according to the women themselves, they were told the injections were inoculations and were forced accept them as a condition of immigration. We know exactly why it was done - racists operating at the highest levels of the Israeli government who can’t stand the idea of black Jews.

I am sure you fact checked this carefully?

And I am sure you are a mind reader, and you know the true motives behind the injections.

I am sure you fact checked this carefully?

And I am sure you are a mind reader, and you know the true motives behind the injections.

Yes, in fact I did. It’s not very hard to discern the motives of a State singling out one race of people for mandatory injections of contraceptives for 10 years and lying to them about what you’re injecting them with. Especially in a country where racism is still a very public and violent problem.

Yes, in fact I did. It’s not very hard to discern the motives of a State singling out one race of people for mandatory injections of contraceptives for 10 years and lying to them about what you’re injecting them with. Especially in a country where racism is still a very public and violent problem.

Maybe it had nothing to do with their race. Maybe they have a cultural tendency to over-reproduce. Every nation should keep its population within reasonable limits. Especially a tiny nation like Israel.

Maybe it had nothing to do with their race. Maybe they have a cultural tendency to over-reproduce. Every nation should keep its population within reasonable limits. Especially a tiny nation like Israel.

That’s absurd. The fertility rate of ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel is double that of Ethiopian women. Stop trying to make excuses for racist population control.

And calling it sterilization is a LIE.

The Big Lie: Involuntary Sterilization of Black Ethiopian Women | Raymond M. Berger | The Blogs

"The charge of involuntary sterilization makes no sense. If Israel wanted to limit the Jewish Ethiopian population why did they spend millions of dollars to bring tens of thousands of Ethiopian Jews to Israel in the first place? And why did they then provide the new immigrants with housing, free health care, and schooling for their children? And if Israel’s aim was population control, why did they extend the state’s generous child welfare allowances to these Ethiopian immigrants, a practice that encourages large families? The final proof of the absurdity of the forced sterilization charge is that, since their immigration, the Ethiopian population of Israel has grown in leaps and bounds."

The Big Lie: Involuntary Sterilization of Black Ethiopian Women | Raymond M. Berger | The Blogs

"The charge of involuntary sterilization makes no sense. If Israel wanted to limit the Jewish Ethiopian population why did they spend millions of dollars to bring tens of thousands of Ethiopian Jews to Israel in the first place? And why did they then provide the new immigrants with housing, free health care, and schooling for their children? And if Israel’s aim was population control, why did they extend the state’s generous child welfare allowances to these Ethiopian immigrants, a practice that encourages large families? The final proof of the absurdity of the forced sterilization charge is that, since their immigration, the Ethiopian population of Israel has grown in leaps and bounds."

That’s a silly opinion piece. Israel “brought” Ethiopians into Israel because, after decades of struggle for recognition of the legitimacy of their Jewishness, the Chief Rabbinate of Israel judged that they are Jews entitled to live in Israel under the Law of Return. But the racism that formerly precluded them is still very much alive and very prominent. There is no question that Ethiopian women were exclusively targeted to be unwittingly injected with long lasting contraceptives every three months for 10 years until the scandal was made public by an Israeli investigative journalist. It is a fool’s errand to try to rationalize away the inherent racism in that and profoundly stupid to assert that forces within the government and medical community can’t be racist because children go to school. Racists don’t have to do anything but wait while they’re decimating fertility rates.

That’s a silly opinion piece. Israel “brought” Ethiopians into Israel because, after decades of struggle for recognition of the legitimacy of their Jewishness, the Chief Rabbinate of Israel judged that they are Jews entitled to live in Israel under the Law of Return. But the racism that formerly precluded them is still very much alive and very prominent. There is no question that Ethiopian women were exclusively targeted to be unwittingly injected with long lasting contraceptives every three months for 10 years until the scandal was made public by an Israeli investigative journalist. It is a fool’s errand to try to rationalize away the inherent racism in that and profoundly stupid to assert that forces within the government and medical community can’t be racist because children go to school.

It is stupid to say they are racists when they voluntarily brought the Ethiopian Jews into their country. And gave them free housing and healthcare. Just stubborn anti-Israel bigotry.

It is stupid to say they are racists when they voluntarily brought the Ethiopian Jews into their country. And gave them free housing and healthcare. Just stubborn anti-Israel bigotry.

They didn’t voluntarily bring them in. Ethiopian Jews were allowed to immigrate because the Chief Rabbinate judged it to be their legal right. The racists didn’t want it, and they argued against it, but they have no choice in the matter. If secretly injecting black women with contraceptives is your idea of healthcare then you can keep it.

They didn’t voluntarily bring them in. Ethiopian Jews were allowed to immigrate because the Chief Rabbinate judged it to be their legal right. The racists didn’t want it, and they argued against it, but they have no choice in the matter. If secretly injecting black women with contraceptives is your idea of healthcare then you can keep it.

I can't blame you for hating Jews. We are trying to take over the world, after all.

Calling out racist sterilization practices = hating all Jews. Good to know :lol:

Hey now!

"They" hate Jews.

I have no idea who "they" are, but "they" may be the same people who caused Hillary to lose, or killed Elvis, or caused the Cleveland Indians to fall into their current slump.

So, you know, "they" are evil.

Super-evil.

:eek:

Hmmm.

Maybe "they" are people like these guys - they're EXTREME anti-Semites:

The settlers who beat me didn't care that I am an observant Jew - +972 Magazine

On October 16 a group of approximately 15 masked Jewish settlers, armed with metal crowbars and rocks, attacked volunteers from Rabbis for Human Rights as they helped the Palestinian residents of Burin harvest their olives. I was one of those volunteers.

The attackers hit me on my back and shin with crowbars, and threw a stone at my head that split open the skin, causing a wound that required four stitches. Even as we yelled that we were leaving and pleaded with them not to harm us, they continued to attack. Then they set fire to the olive grove.

The victim speaking above?

An American Jew.

"They" REALLY hate him, and attacked him like a group of SS sociopaths.

So maybe we SHOULD fear this "they?"

Who knew?

Republicans think, "Hey, we're the most aggressive supporters of Israel, so Jews have to line up behind us." But then they've also got the "Jews will not replace us" and the "Jew coup" crowd. Between them and the Democrats, who condemn Israel pretty hard, these are the two parties we have to choose between.

You've gotta consider the short term interests here. Do we go with the party that can be very critical of "the Jewish homeland," or do we go with the party that harbors incredibly frightening anti-semites who carry torches and blow up synagogues?

If you're an American Jew, the decision isn't as complicated as one might think.

Which is worse, blowing up synagogues or blowing up federal buildings? Why has homeland terrorist Obama pal Bill Ayers never gone to prison for the crimes he still celebrates having committed?

I don't agree with all of the government's policies either. But I sympathize with Israel in general, and its right to exist. I do NOT see the Palestinians as innocent victims. I do NOT see the Arabs as peaceful and cooperative.

Some of them are, some of them aren't. I don't like Hamas, but it's not fair to tar all Palestinians with that. I'm not big on Iran's government (but they aren't Arab anyway). Jordan's been pretty quiet though, and the Saudis.

Some of them are, some of them aren't. I don't like Hamas, but it's not fair to tar all Palestinians with that. I'm not big on Iran's government (but they aren't Arab anyway). Jordan's been pretty quiet though, and the Saudis.

Every individual person is different from all others. But there are general tendencies. Arabs have a tradition of hating Jews.

Israel is a tiny part of the area. Jews and Arabs lived in Palestine for many centuries. There never was an Arab Palestinian nation.

Most of the conflict stems from the fact that Arabs have HATED Jews for hundreds of years.

That’s it? There hadnt been a Jewish state in the region for thousands of years. And Arabs haven’t been the only ones. After the holocaust, why not carve out a Jewish state in, say, Bavaria? Or Alsace-Lorraine? France and Germany squabbled over that region for a long time. I support Israel, but it is not perfect. Settlements violate international law, which Israel generally supports. Maybe Joshua was justified in invading back in the day, but seemed unfair to me even then. And it seems that these is a demographic clock ticking, so in a generation Israel may end up looking more like old South Africa or Rhodesia in a few generations, with a majority still having fewer rights than the minority that controls things.

Every individual person is different from all others. But there are general tendencies. Arabs have a tradition of hating Jews.

Whoopsie.

That's anti-Semitism.

How ironic.

:shrug:

More anti-Semitism = More irony

And yet more anti-Semitism.

This is past ironic...

Back
Top Bottom