• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The New Age Decadence: Are we doomed?

Should this **** be shown on daytime tv?

• Hell yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • hell no

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • other, explain

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

LiberalAvenger

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
I just saw this slut, named Kasha, on the today show this morning. The audience was full of children grooving on her filthy performance.

Read the lyrics and decide. I wish John Lennon were still alive to explain it all. No wonder kids are so ****ed up today.

KESHA - TIK TOK LYRICS

It's Ke$ha :2razz:

And she's a talentless hack, and without the advent of autotune wouldn't have a career in the music industry. She'll probably fade away as soon as she arrived. Nothing to see here.

I just saw this slut, named Kasha, on the today show this morning. The audience was full of children grooving on her filthy performance.

Read the lyrics and decide. I wish John Lennon were still alive to explain it all. No wonder kids are so ****ed up today.

KESHA - TIK TOK LYRICS
i am a 58 year old fart
and your post reminded me of my Dad railing against Jimi Hendrix: "that ain't music!"
as he was listening to his merle haggard
kids today are no more screwed up than your generation or my generation or my Dad's generation
now get off my grass

I don't believe there should be any censorship on TV.

i am a 58 year old fart
and your post reminded me of my Dad railing against Jimi Hendrix: "that ain't music!"
as he was listening to his merle haggard
kids today are no more screwed up than your generation or my generation or my Dad's generation
now get off my grass

I have a 21 year old niece who lives by these lyrics. She wrecks her car all the time. Mooches off of her hard working mother and contributes very little to society. If fact she will probably drive her mother to suicide some day.

I have a nephew who is now 20 years old. He drove his mother to her death. He came home one day and she was dead on the couch from unknown reasons He inherited 150k from her. Less than a year later he was broke. He called me on the phone for help then and I told him to go **** himself.

Jimmie Hendrix was in no way comparable to this slut. Jimmie was a musical genius who preached love and was a military veteran.

Her message leads to hell and social diseases.

Of course I am sure the beer industry loves her message$

I have a 21 year old niece who lives by these lyrics. She wrecks her car all the time. Mooches off of her hard working mother and contributes very little to society. If fact she will probably drive her mother to suicide some day.

I have a nephew who is now 20 years old. He drove his mother to her death. He came home one day and she was dead on the couch from unknown reasons He inherited 150k from her. Less than a year later he was broke. He called me on the phone for help then and I told him to go **** himself.

Jimmie Hendrix was in no way comparable to this slut. Jimmie was a musical genius who preached love and was a military veteran.

I agree comparing her to Hendrix is a crime. But she's just a crappy pop singer, nothing more. Just because teens hear the word sex, or Jack Daniel's doesn't mean it's going to screw them up. If you have screwed up kids, blame the parents.

I agree comparing her to Hendrix is a crime. But she's just a crappy pop singer, nothing more. Just because teens hear the word sex, or Jack Daniel's doesn't mean it's going to screw them up. If you have screwed up kids, blame the parents.

wiser words hath never been spoken.

The record companies are the creator of this Frankenstein. Thanks to the modern technology of the auto-tuner, they can simply take any attractive young person off the street and manufacture them into a pop-sensation assembly-line style. Makeup, clothes, clothes, a few dance lessons later and you have all the talent you need. Throw in some tuned vocals, an electronic beat, some marketing-department created lyrics and unleash your monster upon the radio. Decent shot at a platinum album, millions of dollars in profit, and all without the need to go searching for someone who actually can make music.

The children will be fine.

I hope you are right.

I knew a guy in the army who was really influenced by music. One time he wanted to fight me for singing, "Strangers in the whore house" instead of strangers in the night by Frank Sinatra.

He claimed to hate the army but was so influenced by the song, "Green Berets" that he volunteered for the Green Berets, went to Viet Nam and got himself killed.

It's music. Relax. If people are so easily swayed by Kesha's message, that speaks volumes about those people and their lives.

KESHA - TIK TOK LYRICS

If you don't like it don't buy it or change the channel. NPR does still exist. I don't support Ke$ha and neither should you/anyone. But if the rest of America, thinks is music, that is just sad.

KESHA - TIK TOK LYRICS

Here, I thought this was going to be something serious, but it's nothing. It was like the 90's when the 14 or something year-old Leanne Rimes was singing about having champagne with her breakfast.

If you want to criticize our society's descent into hedonistic decay then come up with something better. This stuff is actually old compared to what you put up:

Christina Aguilera - Dirty Lyrics

Nelly - Hot In Here Lyrics

Lil' Jon & the Eastside Boyz - Get Low Lyrics

You'll here this music played at high school proms, though the expletives are censored. With Get Low they play the version that repeats "skeet" a few more times instead of saying "mothe****ers" after the first two times. Do you know what skeet means?

Yeah there is a lot I hate on TV nowadays too. I'm only 25 this month and I can't believe half the **** they got on TV and yeah it is ****ing things up. Why do all these little girls keep getting kidnapped and raped? I'm not saying they were "asking for it" but when you dress like Hanah Montana and all this other bull**** weren't you kind of well, asking for it? Then there is this show:

The TV Series : Toddlers & Tiaras : TLC

I mean seriously WHAT THE ****

Also what the hell happened to cartoons? When I was a kid we had looney tunes, ninja turtles, garfield, power rangers, darkwing duck, tale spin, ghostbusters, scooby-doo, spider-man, batman. Whats up with all these ***** cartoons and cartoons that make you think every kid has ADD?

Last edited:
My sister went to Jamaica a few years ago and attended a big reggae festival there. She said there was one song that came on that was in Patois and everyone was really grooving to it, waving their hands back and forth in unison and dancing. She took part, only to later find out that part of the chorus said, "Everyone come down and kill the gays!"

You'd be surprised how often people mindlessly ignore lyrics because a song is catchy. Do you think if someone near you were saying, "I brushed my teeth with jack this morning," or "Boy trying to touch my junk, I'll smack him if he's getting too drunk," or, "The police are coming to shut us down," you'd be like hell yeah that chick is awesome let's go hang with her!

But when it's said to a catchy tune it's easy to not notice. :)

KESHA - TIK TOK LYRICS

Right, cause the Beatles never did any songs about sex or drugs. What a ****ing hypocrite. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Kesha, but it has nothing to do with her being a slut, or her performances being 'filthy'. She simply isn't very talented and doesn't sing songs that I enjoy.

There should be no censorship on TV.

It's nothing new. Max Romeo had a 1960's hit with a song banned around the globe, called "Wet Dream"

"Every night, I go to sleep, I have wet dreams....." ......... The chorus is interesting too!

I suspect the censor is messing with the youtube link.

Last edited:
Just because teens hear the word sex, or Jack Daniel's doesn't mean it's going to screw them up. If you have screwed up kids, blame the parents.

Umm... yes and no.

When you come upon a screwed up teenager, yeah the odds are the parents could have done better. In some cases it may be largely or entirely the parents who screwed the kid up or let them get that way... but not always.

BUT, having a society whose pop culture is literally overflowing with glorification of intoxication, promiscuity, irresponsibility, mooching on others, violence, disdain for law, courtesy and custom and parents, it doesn't make parenting a child into a responsible adult an easy task... in truth it probably makes it a lot harder. In the latter case, the parent not only has to struggle against normal teenage impulsive behaviors, but the reinforcement of the worst of those behaviors through peer group, and popular music/culture/games/movies/imagery glorification of same.

I've heard the arguments as to whether such things are a cause or a symptom of our decadence. I'd say they are both: the debasement of our culture causes worse and worse "entertainment" to be produced, and that "entertainment" helps reinforce the bad behaviors in a sort of vicious circle.

When you consume the vast amounts of media that our young people do, you would have to be MUCH stronger-willed and self-possessed than almost any kid or teen can be, to resist being influenced to some degree.

Parents tend to find limiting this negative inluence to be an uphill battle. If they try to insulate their kid from pop culture, they get called Right Wing Extremists or Religious fanatics, or... GASP...homeschoolers!! :mrgreen:

Yeah I'm not for censorship or anything, but standards need to be raised up again a little more, I mean TV just kind of sucks half the time now.

Jimmy Hendrix injected every ****ing drug on the planet, eventually leading to his death. I'm sure Ke$ha singing about drinking tequila is going to ruin the kids.

Objectively, musicians in the 60's and 70's were far more poorly behaved than musicians today.

Jimmy Hendrix injected every ****ing drug on the planet, eventually leading to his death. I'm sure Ke$ha singing about drinking tequila is going to ruin the kids.

Objectively, musicians in the 60's and 70's were far more poorly behaved than musicians today.

I think you underestimate the toxin, alcohol.

One of the main differences in the music of today and the Beatles era is that the old hippy music was not shown early in the morning on a national news show like "Today". Most of it was kept from the kids seeing it.

Would you want your young children watching the S%M trash of today.

Yeah, there were a lot of drugged out hippies but they had a different message and a lot of it was anti-war. Today it is all about decadence and popping some junk. It's mindless and most of it has no melody to it.

As Simon and Garfunkkel sang, "You got to hide it from the kids, Goo, goo, ka choo"

I think you underestimate the toxin, alcohol

The fact that he actually died of alcohol and pills doesn't mean that his heavy use of other drugs didn't help lead up to that.

One of the main differences in the music of today and the Beatles era is that the old hippy music was not shown early in the morning on a national news show like "Today". Most of it was kept from the kids seeing it.

Would you want your young children watching the S%M trash of today.

Probably about as much as parents would have wanted the same thing back in the 70s.

Yeah, there were a lot of drugged out hippies but they had a different message and a lot of it was anti-war. Today it is all about decadence and popping some junk. It's mindless and most of it has no melody to it.

Here's the real issue - you just don't like that gosh darn music.

The fact that he actually died of alcohol and pills doesn't mean that his heavy use of other drugs didn't help lead up to that.

Probably about as much as parents would have wanted the same thing back in the 70s.

Here's the real issue - you just don't like that gosh darn music.

That's right. It has no social redeeming qualities and it just plain sucks. The only one who I like from that genre is Lady Gaga.

Back
Top Bottom