• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Negative Income / Perfectly Progressive Flat Tax

Post 98 and a bunch of bigger-picture stuff on the first and second pages.

This thread is the kind of political discussion I had hoped to find in this Debate Forum. But no one seems to have much interest in things which need fixing in ways most fair and beneficial to all.

The political parties keep us arguing along party lines leaving us to deal with the consequences created by which ever one wins an election and creates or changes laws to grow or maintain their base.

If you're still interested in pursuing change to our tax system, perhaps starting a new thread would help? I'd really like to see our elected politicians begin representing ALL citizens once elected, rather than keep us divided against one another for their own benefit.

Raise the minimum wage until the Poor pay their fair capital share of taxes.

What do you consider fair?
The problem is the rich have way more ways to avoid taxes than the poor and many times end up paying much less tax.
This is especially obvious with large companies. Amazon and Apple end up paying almost no tax because of loopholes that small and medium companies just don't have access to.

It's why the EU and UK is about to put a new tax on digital sales to try and redress that imbalance.

He wants the government to pay him to stay at home and do nothing for the rest of his life. He turns every conversation in that direction if he can. ;) fair warning.

1. This isn't a flat tax - it's a perfectly progressive tax because every additional dollar someone makes above 200% of the Federal Poverty line slightly increases their real tax rate. It benefits from the simplicity, predictability, and growth potential associated with the structures of flat taxes, without being flat itself.

2. I think that was the FairTax debate :) Wow, blast from the past :D

I wish this was the debate again

I wish this was the debate again
I sometimes fantasize about how, on Earth One, we are currently all arguing about school uniforms, or flag-burning, or something similarly inconsequential.

The problem is the rich have way more ways to avoid taxes than the poor and many times end up paying much less tax.
This is especially obvious with large companies. Amazon and Apple end up paying almost no tax because of loopholes that small and medium companies just don't have access to.

It's why the EU and UK is about to put a new tax on digital sales to try and redress that imbalance.

How much revenue do we need to raise? Besides, higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.

No one seems interested in having a civil discussion on making changes to our tax system.

Until the right wing stops complaining about the Poor not paying enough in taxes. Raise the minimum wage until the Poor, pay their share of taxes!

Back
Top Bottom