• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Needler and the Damage Done

Logician Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
How long do you think it will take for the United States to recover from all of the damage Trump has done, and is doing to America ?

How long do you think it will take for the United States to recover from all of the damage Trump has done, and is doing to America ?

Trump's election has given tacit permission for some real scumbags to just let their freak flag fly and openly be the racist, misogynist heels they've always been, and part of it is actually good. Now we know who to utterly ostracize from society once the sane people take the wheel again.

The USA indebtedness is what will kill us. When Reagan ran a huge deficit, the USA discovered that it could print limitless amounts of USA paper with no collaterol and nobody seemed to notice or care. Like a drunken sailor in a tit bar. If you think that we operate an economically sound house, you have been soaking up the MSM. I don't think we can pay back our current debt, $22 trillion plus a couple hundred trillion unfunded liabilities. Is the challenge to see how far we can get indebted before the World starts thinking, "we better unload our US Dollar denominated securities before the crash." Trump may be a moron, but he'll only be part of the problem. When Politics stops becoming the dream occupation of sociopaths and psychopaths we'll be saved.
/

Nice Neil Young reference! :thumbs:

I thought this was an RPG game question, almost get excited.

As they say, it's easier to destroy than to create. It only took Trump 2 years so far to tear stuff down, I figure it will take 2-3x that to built it back up.
The culture still may get back to pre-Trump then, but it may not. Right wing media is not going away, and it has "won" the presidency, so its tactics will likely be pushed again. However, finding someone so deplorable as Trump, and so skilled at being that deplorable, will be difficult I believe. Thankfully there simply aren't a lot of people like Trump in this country.

I thought this was an RPG game question, almost get excited.

As they say, it's easier to destroy than to create. It only took Trump 2 years so far to tear stuff down, I figure it will take 2-3x that to built it back up.
The culture still may get back to pre-Trump then, but it may not. Right wing media is not going away, and it has "won" the presidency, so its tactics will likely be pushed again. However, finding someone so deplorable as Trump, and so skilled at being that deplorable, will be difficult I believe. Thankfully there simply aren't a lot of people like Trump in this country.

I wish I thought you were right.

How will we ever recover from the record-breaking stock market, lowest unemployment, excellent job numbers, gdp and economy. Oh, the horror!

screaming.jpg

Ask the 312,000 people who got new jobs last month. Or the half million manufacturing workers who've got new jobs in the past two years. We can use MORE "damage" like that.

How will we ever recover from the record-breaking stock market, lowest unemployment, excellent job numbers, gdp and economy. Oh, the horror!

View attachment 67248340

So who is correct about Russia meddling in our elections...ALL of our U.S. intel agencies, or Trump who sides with former KGB leader Putin and the Russians ?

I wish I thought you were right.

I have no doubt there are millions just as deplorable.
It's just that he also had:
- celebrity status outside of politics
- charismatic, great rallies for his base
- fake, but believed at the time by some, business credentials (CEO material..but not really!)
- independently wealthy
- pathological liar, lifetime of conning people and winning
- unafraid of legal troubles, having been in basically constant legal fights for decades

I feel that he's a rare bird...Trump is pretty unique IMO. That's just my take.

Ask the 312,000 people who got new jobs last month. Or the half million manufacturing workers who've got new jobs in the past two years. We can use MORE "damage" like that.

While we are doing that, ask the 800,000 federal workers and their families who are lining up for meals how they feel about Trump shutting down the government and telling the American populace he owns the shutdown. Deal or no Deal ?

View attachment 67248340

The economy is all Trump has. He inherited an upward moving economy and it is just a matter of time before he mucks that up. Psycho indeed!

So who is correct about Russia meddling in our elections...ALL of our U.S. intel agencies, or Trump who sides with former KGB leader Putin and the Russians ?

Well Obama, obviously, who told his intelligence to stand down when they presented him with a plan to counter Russia's meddling. If Hillary won, you'd be living in blissful ignorance of all of this.

Well Obama, obviously, who told his intelligence to stand down when they presented him with a plan to counter Russia's meddling. If Hillary won, you'd be living in blissful ignorance of all of this.

deflection duly noted and summarily dismissed. defeat accepted....

deflection duly noted and summarily dismissed. defeat accepted....

Who's defeated? Me? Certainly not. You chicken littles who start thread after thread, beating the same dead horse, lamenting your lives because muh Trump and boohoo Hillary lost? You have my pity, truly. I can't imagine choosing to be so miserable every.single.day.

The Russians did meddle.

As they have been meddling in the past and will in the future.

Just as the US has meddled in more than one election.

But nary a thought was wasted on the concept until Trump came to office.

I have no doubt there are millions just as deplorable.
It's just that he also had:
- celebrity status outside of politics
- charismatic, great rallies for his base
- fake, but believed at the time by some, business credentials (CEO material..but not really!)
- independently wealthy
- pathological liar, lifetime of conning people and winning
- unafraid of legal troubles, having been in basically constant legal fights for decades

I feel that he's a rare bird...Trump is pretty unique IMO. That's just my take.

....take the money away and he’s trailer trash......

While we are doing that, ask the 800,000 federal workers and their families who are lining up for meals how they feel about Trump shutting down the government and telling the American populace he owns the shutdown. Deal or no Deal ?
I don't deal with red herring.

I don't deal with red herring.

You don't acknowledge that the 800,000 Families being affected by the Needler's government shutdown he publicly stated he owns is damaging the country, which is the thread topic ?

You don't acknowledge that the 800,000 Families being affected by the Needler's government shutdown he publicly stated he owns is damaging the country, which is the thread topic ?
Nope. I acknowledge the absolute refusal to bargain on the part of the Dems is doing that.

Nope. I acknowledge the absolute refusal to bargain on the part of the Dems is doing that.

Did Trump tell the American populace he would own the shutdown on live national TV? Yes or No ?

Did Trump tell the American populace he would own the shutdown on live national TV? Yes or No ?
But he lies, right? Isn't that what you guys always scream? He's the one making the overtures, proposing deals - Schumer disappeared and Pelosi went to Hawaii and then attempted to flee the country - it's all Dem now.

Back
Top Bottom