• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The NEA and public schools must be abolished NOW!

Paradoxical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Dennis Prager talked today about the recent NEA convention and I couldn't believe my ears so I looked it up. Here is a link from a teacher which confirms what he said.

"The NEA seems to think there are many gender options, and that’s why teachers and students must always address themselves with their “preferred” pronouns. It thinks this pronoun practice is essential and will create a more inclusive society.

However, as I read the 70 new business items and 40 amendments of bylaws, legislation, and resolutions, and listened to the platform speeches, it was obvious the NEA only represents those who hold the same ideologies and radical leftist political views.
From what I observed, the NEA’s goal is for public education to be a training ground for political activism, while demonizing anyone—including students and their families—who does not share those same political and sociological beliefs.
Its priorities were apparent, because of the 110 motions discussed and voted on, only four remotely addressed student academic achievement. Those four dealt with student financial literacy and resources for English learners and language acquisition.
Nearly half of the motions dealt with identity politics, social justice, and ways to promote the goals of the Democratic Party.
Some examples: broad-brushing police as biased and corrupt; mocking the Second Amendment as a societal harm; fighting for preferential treatment for any and all groups considered “marginalized,” especially nonconforming genders and infinite sexual identities; fighting misinformation in the media (that is, any media outlets that do not agree with their views); increasing abortion rights; adding seats to the Supreme Court; and advocating for more queer representation on school boards.
Some other outlier items addressed environmental issues, hiring illegal immigrants as teachers, funding research concerning autism as it relates to gender identity, and funding global feeding programs.

Close to 40% of the motions were related to protecting teachers’ jobs and increasing their benefits and their right to be social justice cadres."

It is little wonder that society is turning out little Marxists instead of critical thinkers and it is apparent that the teacher's unions have little interest in the welfare of their students and humongous interest in their security and pay. In reading the link, I can see now what so many left-wingers on this board lie about private schools costing more (they don't) and rail against what would happen if public schools ceased to exist because they know what would happen is we would no longer be turning out indoctrinated Democrats.

Conservatives here.....you should be afraid and VERY afraid of what is happening to your children. get a second job and yank them out of school right now. America is at stake. We need to not only ruin the public schools but destroy them forever.

Yeah, July was their Conference on Racial and Social Justice.

If anyone thinks the NEA is actually about education…they aren’t. They are openly activists.

Directly from their website:

At least the right wing extremists aren't hiding what they're plans are anymore. Overturn Roe v Wade. Control women. Make us a Christian Nation. Get kids out of public schools. Get kids into Christian and right wing schools. Ban gay marriages. Criminalize gay sex. Ban The Morning After pill. Get rid of as much birth control as possible. Brainwash kids with far right wing propaganda and hate.

Hell, CPAC in Texas has a prime minister from another country as a headliner who is against race mixing and is an authoritarian so overthrowing our government can't be far off in their plans.

Yeah, July was their Conference on Racial and Social Justice.

If anyone thinks the NEA is actually about education…they aren’t. They are openly activists.

Directly from their website:

Hold the **** up, you're telling me that during a conference on Racial and Social Justice, they talked about those things!??

It just suddenly occurred to me that I'm old enough to remember when republicans condemned nazi bullshit like the OP.
Me too. In fact, I'm old enough to remember when Republicans weren't living in a disinformation cave, licking bat shit of stalagmites.
But it seems like a very long time ago.

Hold the **** up, you're telling me that during a conference on Racial and Social Justice, they talked about those things!??
Just sharing their website.

It wasn’t a conference on education. Most of their conferences aren’t.

They’re politically focused and their purpose is to advance their political agenda.

Dennis Prager talked today about the recent NEA convention and I couldn't believe my ears so I looked it up. Here is a link from a teacher which confirms what he said.

"The NEA seems to think there are many gender options, and that’s why teachers and students must always address themselves with their “preferred” pronouns. It thinks this pronoun practice is essential and will create a more inclusive society.

However, as I read the 70 new business items and 40 amendments of bylaws, legislation, and resolutions, and listened to the platform speeches, it was obvious the NEA only represents those who hold the same ideologies and radical leftist political views.
From what I observed, the NEA’s goal is for public education to be a training ground for political activism, while demonizing anyone—including students and their families—who does not share those same political and sociological beliefs.
Its priorities were apparent, because of the 110 motions discussed and voted on, only four remotely addressed student academic achievement. Those four dealt with student financial literacy and resources for English learners and language acquisition.
Nearly half of the motions dealt with identity politics, social justice, and ways to promote the goals of the Democratic Party.
Some examples: broad-brushing police as biased and corrupt; mocking the Second Amendment as a societal harm; fighting for preferential treatment for any and all groups considered “marginalized,” especially nonconforming genders and infinite sexual identities; fighting misinformation in the media (that is, any media outlets that do not agree with their views); increasing abortion rights; adding seats to the Supreme Court; and advocating for more queer representation on school boards.
Some other outlier items addressed environmental issues, hiring illegal immigrants as teachers, funding research concerning autism as it relates to gender identity, and funding global feeding programs.

Close to 40% of the motions were related to protecting teachers’ jobs and increasing their benefits and their right to be social justice cadres."

It is little wonder that society is turning out little Marxists instead of critical thinkers and it is apparent that the teacher's unions have little interest in the welfare of their students and humongous interest in their security and pay. In reading the link, I can see now what so many left-wingers on this board lie about private schools costing more (they don't) and rail against what would happen if public schools ceased to exist because they know what would happen is we would no longer be turning out indoctrinated Democrats.

Conservatives here.....you should be afraid and VERY afraid of what is happening to your children. get a second job and yank them out of school right now. America is at stake. We need to not only ruin the public schools but destroy them forever.

A quick search on the author, Brenda Lebsack, tells the informed just about everything they need to know about this tripe.. Ussanews? Good lord, man... How do you find such obscure bullshit... LMAO... The Tea Party's front page... :ROFLMAO:

A quick search on the author, Brenda Lebsack, tells the informed just about everything they need to know about this tripe.. Ussanews? Good lord, man... How do you find such obscure bullshit... LMAO... The Tea Parties front page...

Feel free to browse the actual NEA website.

The conference was on racial and social Justice. Not academic achievement.

So the OP source doesn’t need to be “favored” - the NEA conference was on racial and social Justice from their own mouths.

It is one of their top priorities.

Feel free to browse the actual NEA website.

The conference was on racial and social Justice. Not academic achievement.

So the OP source doesn’t need to be “favored” - the NEA conference was on racial and social Justice from their own mouths.

It is one of their top priorities.

Do you oppose racial and social justice?

I oppose the NEA.

I’ve been quite clear about that in other threads.

Who cares... Do you oppose racial and social justice? Why the butt hurt over an NEA convention where this is the topic? Do you oppose teaching history honestly?

No shit, sherlock. That's why math wasn't the subject.
It’s not even a topic with a link on their website. I wouldn’t expect the NEA to hold a conference on math.

Then again…we are ranked 31st globally in math. So not a surprise there either.

Who cares... Do you oppose racial and social justice? Why the butt hurt over an NEA convention where this is the topic? Do you oppose teaching history honestly?
The NEA no longer applies whatsoever to my life as my son spent his last day in a public school.

So they can teach whatever they want.

I teach in public schools but Algebra is fairly non-political.

Not surprising that Prager, a far right wing 'talk show host' believes.... From what I observed, the NEA’s goal is for public education to be a training ground for political activism.
So it was his far right opinion

This is why school choice is important. Parents should have a funded choice to get their kids away from these wack jobs.

Wild misinterpretations and truck loads of misinformation does not make for practical and sensible conversation.

Dogs and cats, living together!! Mass Hysteria!!

At least the right wing extremists aren't hiding what they're plans are anymore. Overturn Roe v Wade. Control women. Make us a Christian Nation. Get kids out of public schools. Get kids into Christian and right wing schools. Ban gay marriages. Criminalize gay sex. Ban The Morning After pill. Get rid of as much birth control as possible. Brainwash kids with far right wing propaganda and hate.

Hell, CPAC in Texas has a prime minister from another country as a headliner who is against race mixing and is an authoritarian so overthrowing our government can't be far off in their plans.

Wild misinterpretations and truck loads of misinformation does not make for practical and sensible conversation.
Visit the NEA’s own website. This was a conference on racial and social Justice. One of the top objectives of the NEA.

It just suddenly occurred to me that I'm old enough to remember when republicans condemned nazi bullshit like the OP.
True, but they've been hammering the public school system for ages.

Anyone as old as us can look back and see all their doom and gloom predictions for what they are: fear mongering nonsense

Public education is a best bang for the tax bucks. No one is necessarily forced to attend a public school.

After all there is a vast selection of private schools throughout the USA..... yes thousands. This is what is known as choice though conservatives claim choice does not exist. Yes yes yes they are wrong again.

Don''t want to send your children to public schools .......... we live in America the land of choice.

We chose to homeschool our children at our own expense NOT because public schools were no good no way jose'. We could see the convenience of homeschool working with our lifestyle of extended vacations visiting relatives and friends. Suddenly the entire USA became a giant classroom....... it was enlightening and fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom