• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The National Debate, DNC/RNC Racket

TheHammer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If the crooked duopoly of the Democrat & Republican parties and their main stream media pimps had an ounce of honesty and fairness about them, Any candidate for, and who’s name will appear on enough ballots to possibly capture enough electoral votes to win the election should be automatically included in any and all media sponsored national debate for the Presidency.

The libertarian ticket for the Presidency will appear on all 50 ballots for the Presidency. The duopoly’s rules to be included in the national debate is a candidate must poll 15 %. By what authority do the duopoly party’s get to set the rules for the national debate and particularly such a draconian requirement as the 15% rule which is controlled by the fact that to reach 15% a candidate must get media exposure and the main stream media is controlled by the DNC/RNC racketeers. How much media coverage do you suppose will be allowed to the libertarian ticket and the fact that they will qualify for, and be on all 50 ballots? By what means do you recommend that non-duopoly candidates garner the required 15% to join the national debate? Do you even care that your only choice to observe the national debate belongs to the duopoly’s Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, two known felons?

Yeah, it's been a racket ever since the League Of Women Voters lost the sponsorship.

If the crooked duopoly of the Democrat & Republican parties and their main stream media pimps had an ounce of honesty and fairness about them, Any candidate for, and who’s name will appear on enough ballots to possibly capture enough electoral votes to win the election should be automatically included in any and all media sponsored national debate for the Presidency.

The libertarian ticket for the Presidency will appear on all 50 ballots for the Presidency. The duopoly’s rules to be included in the national debate is a candidate must poll 15 %. By what authority do the duopoly party’s get to set the rules for the national debate and particularly such a draconian requirement as the 15% rule which is controlled by the fact that to reach 15% a candidate must get media exposure and the main stream media is controlled by the DNC/RNC racketeers. How much media coverage do you suppose will be allowed to the libertarian ticket and the fact that they will qualify for, and be on all 50 ballots? By what means do you recommend that non-duopoly candidates garner the required 15% to join the national debate? Do you even care that your only choice to observe the national debate belongs to the duopoly’s Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, two known felons?

Yeah, because 15 % is such a high bar....

Here is a suggestion: if you want your party included in the debate, maybe you should try and make your party appeal to people. Until then, it is libertarians own fault they are not included at the big boy events.

Yeah, because 15 % is such a high bar....

It’s a higher bar than you might imagine when the duopoly owns the mainstream media and intentionally ignores and blocks out the vast majority of opposition 3rd party messages. How would you suggest any opposition candidate gain a 15% poll number while being intentionally ignored by the MSM, unless he/she is a billionaire capable of financing his/her own media message, ala Ross Perot?

Here is a suggestion: if you want your party included in the debate, maybe you should try and make your party appeal to people. Until then, it is libertarians own fault they are not included at the big boy events.

That’s your opinion and an absurd one. First I have no party, I’m a libertarian, (small l). Secondly you have yet to advise rationally how one portrays a political message while being ignored by the duopoly owned MSM or being Ross Perot wealthy. Thirdly, “until then” your individual liberties will be regulated and trounced. Your share of the national debt will continue to grow by leaps and bounds. Your tax dollars will be fleeced by the private dyuopoly parties to pay for their private party primary elections that you will be denied voting in, unless you’re a member of their corrupt private party. Their elections will be rigged and controlled by the duopoly elite and your only choice in their elections will be a democrat or a republican, the duopoly parties that have destabilized the middle east nd made America less safe. The duopoly parties that have created 19 trillion $ of national debt. The duopoly parties that have corrupted the capitalist system and turned it into a crony corrupt capitalist bribery system. The duopoly parties that consistently violate the Constitution of the United States, minimize the States powers and maximize unconstitutionally federal powers.

My suggestion for someone trying to run a third-party candidate is to have a platform that isn't as childish as libertarianism.

My suggestion for someone trying to run a third-party candidate is to have a platform that isn't as childish as libertarianism.

Libertarianism is fundamentally socially liberal and economically conservative.

Any fool can make accusations. Presenting a rational case to back up accusations is another animal.

I'll look forward to your extensive presentation of evidence revealing the "childish" political positions of libertarianism. I won't hold my breath!

The two parties exist to assure that the two parties exist.

Libertarianism is fundamentally socially liberal and economically conservative.

Any fool can make accusations. Presenting a rational case to back up accusations is another animal.

I'll look forward to your extensive presentation of evidence revealing the "childish" political positions of libertarianism. I won't hold my breath!

Libertarianism takes a sixth grader's level of economic knowledge and applies it blindly and stubbornly. It's taking the first couple weeks of econ 101 and deciding you understand how an economy functions. This is like taking Physics 101 and deciding you can be an engineer now. it's not that physics 101 is wrong, it's that it leaves you in a world of frictionless planes in a vacuum and instantaneous forces applied to perfectly rigid points of mass. It's inadequate to really describe the complexities of the world.

Libertarian is a wide range of ideas about exactly how small a government "should" be, but inevitably the ideology takes precedence of practicality. There's some strange underlying assumption that the "invisible hand" knows what's best, and that the market will sort out its own issues when there are uncountable numbers of historical precedents to the contrary.

Worse. When you say stuff like that last sentence, libertarians seem to translate this as "liberals think the government knows best/is the answer to everything"

A libertarian president will not do much of anything in DC. Both the Dem's & Repub's will bloody him mercilessly for 4 years.

i think that we'd be better off without any political parties. run on your ideas, not your team.

Libertarianism takes a sixth grader's level of economic knowledge and applies it blindly and stubbornly. It's taking the first couple weeks of econ 101 and deciding you understand how an economy functions. This is like taking Physics 101 and deciding you can be an engineer now. it's not that physics 101 is wrong, it's that it leaves you in a world of frictionless planes in a vacuum and instantaneous forces applied to perfectly rigid points of mass. It's inadequate to really describe the complexities of the world.

Actually, constitutional libertarianism promotes the idea that truly free markets are self-regulating by the condition of free competition and the simplistic truth of supply and demand and the only actual regulatory system otherwise necessary is an honest court system and the constitutional rules of law and guarantees therewith of individual rights and liberties.

I contend that when government takes authority over and above the aforementioned, i.e. a regulatory system fashioned by politicians beholden to monied supporters is when the crony capitalist corruption becomes prevalent and intentionally complicated and morphed into the system America has today that you so proudly proclaim as the normal intellectually ordained as perfected by the elitist know it all crooks of human kind.

Libertarian is a wide range of ideas about exactly how small a government "should" be, but inevitably the ideology takes precedence of practicality. There's some strange underlying assumption that the "invisible hand" knows what's best, and that the market will sort out its own issues when there are uncountable numbers of historical precedents to the contrary.

Actually, constitutional libertarianism, is a simplistic range promoting the idea that the federal government should be as small as and limited to the powers delegated to it by the Constitution and anything beyond that must be ratified by 3/4 of the States by amendment. Constitutional libertarianism promotes the idea that “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people”, i.e. America is a constitutional republic designed as a union of several States governing themselves within the confines of the national Constitution and instituted as a national laboratory of governmental experimentation that each could learn from the other and thereby hopefully create the best of necessary government, and at the very least government whereby the people could vote with their feet and live in the State that they individually believe is governed best according to their individual opinions and beliefs.

Worse. When you say stuff like that last sentence, libertarians seem to translate this as "liberals think the government knows best/is the answer to everything"

Actually, it’s the leftist that think government knows best but only when government is controlled by the left.

Leftist aren’t “liberals,” libertarians are the only true traditional classical liberals and true conservatives, believing in the “conservation” of the Bill Of Rights.

A libertarian president will not do much of anything in DC. Both the Dem's & Repub's will bloody him mercilessly for 4 years.

Could they take his/her "VETO PEN" away from him/her?

Actually, Americans are better off when the federal government isn't doing something! What they do cost blood, treasure and our freedoms.

i think that we'd be better off without any political parties. run on your ideas, not your team.

George Washington and I had, have those same sentiments.

George Washington and I had, have those same sentiments.

Fair enough.

I think we'd have to revamp the 'winner take all' aspect of our national election. For example, what if a Libertarian candidate took enough electoral votes to deny anyone a majority of the Electoral College votes?

Then the House decides, and no one wants that.

Fair enough.

I think we'd have to revamp the 'winner take all' aspect of our national election. For example, what if a Libertarian candidate took enough electoral votes to deny anyone a majority of the Electoral College votes?

Then the House decides, and no one wants that.

The Constitution allows for amendments.

Back
Top Bottom