• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The "N" word.

Oh yes here in MAGA world. It's the first thing we say before we get up and the last thing we say before we go to sleep. 😐
I've heard this is how MAGA members traditionally greet each other. Is this true?

An NBA team owner was fined and suspended for using the N word (among other things).

This surprised me. Its 2022 and people use this slur?
I have seldom in my life heard it used. The last time was the 70s.

How about you, do people you know still use it? Be honest?
I honestly believe this is used far far more on MAGA world. Is this the case?

I got in trouble at work for using it, but actually someone else told me a black coworker is a nigger and I replied, "She is NOT a nigger." Nobody knows who told the black coworker in question I called her a nigger. It was a learning experience because at the time I had no idea whether "N word" is for nigger or Negro and why one word is okay, but the other is not.

An NBA team owner was fined and suspended for using the N word (among other things).

Do not use it. Have never used it. Couldn't fathom ever using it.

I've heard this is how MAGA members traditionally greet each other. Is this true?
You must have someone working undercover. It's suppose to be a secret. 😝

Don’t hear any friends or family use it. I only hear it from blacks to blacks and not from mymblack friends. The quicker we remove the word from everyone’s vocabulary the better.

Do not use it. Have never used it. Couldn't fathom ever using it.

Why is it so offensive when said by white people, but not other black people?

And if the "N word" really is that bad, why don't any forums replace the letters with six asterisks?

And if the "N word" really is that bad, why don't any forums replace the letters with six asterisks?
Because decent people who post on those forums use the phrase the "N-word." May I add it's just as you've done in your query. Good on you for not being a rotten human being!

Because decent people who post on those forums use the phrase the "N-word." May I add it's just as you've done in your query. Good on you for not being a rotten human being!

There is nothing indecent or rotten about me for asking a very simple, honest question about people using the word.

It doesn't matter if you don't understand why it's offensive. In a nutshell, you don't get to decide what should or should not offend other people.

I have no doubt it is but i wouldnt say just the maga world, its the racist bigoted and ignorant world, that existed before maga and unfortunately will be around after it also

and yes sadly i have heard people use it recently

You really don't get out much, I guess.

You hear that word anytime you encounter a group of young/younger black people. Blacks call each other by that word constantly and have for decades now.

I don't see what jackass Biden's hatred of 'maga' has to do with anything unless you and your democrat coalition are now trying to associate maga with neo nazis or something like that.

That would then mean that since BLM members are democrats, all of you are complicit in their crimes as they are a terrorist organization.
Black people claimed ownership of the word similar to the way gay people claimed the word queer.

MAGA is a racist ideology, specifically anti-immigrant.

BLM isn’t a terrorist organisation. Other than that, great post.

It's rarely used today, but still makes national news. In that case, a principal was comparing it to "cracker" and not using it as an insult. While it's usage is certianly uncouth, I think there's too much emphasis placed on it, and this is because we're avoiding the main issue as a society - a lack of respect for Blacks.

Think about calling someone with Down Syndrome a retard. It was accepted a few decades back, now we use nicer terms. They still hold the same low place in society. Why is this the case if they aren't retards? The new name is superficial and fake.

"Indians" versus "Native Americans". We pen them inside reservations just the same.

So if Blacks aren't "n*ggers" (perish the term), why are they segregated when whites could choose to move into Black neighborhoods and send their white kids to mostly Black schools? Discussion of terminology avoids the core issue, but this is likely by design.

It doesn't matter if you don't understand why it's offensive. In a nutshell, you don't get to decide what should or should not offend other people.

It absolutely does matter that I know what the reason is. Otherwise I would not ask the question.

I use it frequently. And savor it. Especially the 'Hard R.'

Black people claimed ownership of the word similar to the way gay people claimed the word queer.

MAGA is a racist ideology, specifically anti-immigrant.

BLM isn’t a terrorist organisation. Other than that, great post.
Its primary fundraiser and board member Susan Rosenberg is a convicted terrorist.

I use it frequently. And savor it. Especially the 'Hard R.'

Its primary fundraiser and board member Susan Rosenberg is a convicted terrorist.
Susan Rosenberg isn’t a BLM board member. And even if she was, it wouldn’t make BLM a terrorist organisation. Try real news sources, not Facebook.

Susan Rosenberg isn’t a BLM board member. And even if she was, it wouldn’t make BLM a terrorist organisation. Try real news sources, not Facebook.
She isnt in name only, the org shes vice chair of, Thousand Currents, in their own words:

“In 2016, BLM Global Network approached Thousand Currents to create a fiscal sponsorship agreement. Thousand Currents, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization, provides the legal and administrative framework to enable BLM to fulfill its mission. Fiscal sponsorship is a common structure utilized by nonprofit organizations. Oftentimes, nonprofit initiatives seek fiscal sponsorship to be able to have the fiscal sponsor handle administrative operations while the organization focuses on its programs and builds up its own organizational infrastructure. In this capacity, we provide administrative and back office support, including finance, accounting, grants management, insurance, human resources, legal and compliance.”

Its not an exaggeration to say that the overwhelming majority of BLM fundraising was done by and through Thousand Currents and that the entirety of BLMs legal organization is administered by them.

How often the word's heard depends upon the setting [public vs. private] and the location within the country. There are a number of other ethnic slurs which also belong in History's dustbin.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

You really don't get out much, I guess.

You hear that word anytime you encounter a group of young/younger black people. Blacks call each other by that word constantly and have for decades now.

I don't see what jackass Biden's hatred of 'maga' has to do with anything unless you and your democrat coalition are now trying to associate maga with neo nazis or something like that.

That would then mean that since BLM members are democrats, all of you are complicit in their crimes as they are a terrorist organization.
I’ve wandered past groups of younger blacks many times and don’t hear it very often.

You claimed “anytime”.

Me thinks you aren’t being truthful.

He was born into wealth yet lost his dad at 16.
Seems it left him a crude undisplined jerkoff.

Could be any number of reasons, I would agree.

She isnt in name only, the org shes vice chair of, Thousand Currents, in their own words:

Its not an exaggeration to say that the overwhelming majority of BLM fundraising was done by and through Thousand Currents and that the entirety of BLMs legal organization is administered by them.
The association between Thousand Currents and BLM ended in 2020. So in conclusion, Rosenberg is not on the board of BLM. The company she is on the board is of no longer affiliated with BLM. Even if these things weren’t true, that still wouldn’t make BLM a terrorist organisation. Thanks for playing.

The association between Thousand Currents and BLM ended in 2020. So in conclusion, Rosenberg is not on the board of BLM. The company she is on the board is of no longer affiliated with BLM. Even if these things weren’t true, that still wouldn’t make BLM a terrorist organisation. Thanks for playing.
Which is to say Thousand Currents succeeded in getting BLM its own 501 status so this was no longer legally needed, then gave them another 90 mil grant just for the laughs and then like a year later the chick in charge of handling the money for BLM internally was on the hook for embezzling some ridiculous amount of donations.

I guess being primarily funded and organized by a terrorist doesnt, per say, make one a terrorist yeah. Thats a fair point. Id argue the massive organized politically motivated violence we saw in 2020 might fit the bill. But if it doesnt then Id have to concede. Its simply a charity group funded by a domestic terrorist and somehow when they do "activism" in a city that city has a habit of 1)burning down 2)having a huge spike in murders for years to come because of pressure against enforcing the law. I should add by the way that if you read a really really good book called Days of Rage you can find out more about Susan Rosenberg and what she and her friends believed in.

Things like:
Kiling white children to stop the spread of white supremacy! Did I mention she was in jail for participating in a murder?

But Days of Rage in particular goes into detail about "awakening the dragon." A reference to Ho Chi Minh and the VC emerging from the vietnamese prison system. The idea was that white americans lacked "revolutionary potential" (Bill Ayers tried to recruit some white HS teenagers for a riot and they put him in the hospital), so they needed to focus on arming and enabling black criminals with the idea that this violent underclass could be riled up and used against the white population. For them Black Radicalism wasnt just a dude in a Dashiki throwing up a fist, it was any form of black on white crime. Especially rape. They go into great detail about that. One of their best friends, KGB asset, Black Panther President and future failed Republican Presidential Candidate Eldridge Cleaver went into great detail about this in his book Soul on Ice.

Sould on Ice is worth reading just to understand how shameless the lie that the Panthers were these innocent activist types who got slandered by the police out of racism.

Deeply intertwined organizations like the National Lawyers guild also explicitly said their goal was to keep black radicals on the street, and that they considered black criminals to be radicals.

So I actually like, read into it when an organization is funded by these people and then results in massive outbursts of peaceful protests with bodycounts that leave city blocks looking like Iraq War photos. I do read into that. Idk again, maybe terrorist isnt the precise word here but, whatever the right word is definitely isnt kind.

Which is to say Thousand Currents succeeded in getting BLM its own 501 status so this was no longer legally needed, then gave them another 90 mil grant just for the laughs and then like a year later the chick in charge of handling the money for BLM internally was on the hook for embezzling some ridiculous amount of donations.

I guess being primarily funded and organized by a terrorist doesnt, per say, make one a terrorist yeah. Thats a fair point. Id argue the massive organized politically motivated violence we saw in 2020 might fit the bill. But if it doesnt then Id have to concede. Its simply a charity group funded by a domestic terrorist and somehow when they do "activism" in a city that city has a habit of 1)burning down 2)having a huge spike in murders for years to come because of pressure against enforcing the law. I should add by the way that if you read a really really good book called Days of Rage you can find out more about Susan Rosenberg and what she and her friends believed in.

Things like:
Kiling white children to stop the spread of white supremacy! Did I mention she was in jail for participating in a murder?

But Days of Rage in particular goes into detail about "awakening the dragon." A reference to Ho Chi Minh and the VC emerging from the vietnamese prison system. The idea was that white americans lacked "revolutionary potential" (Bill Ayers tried to recruit some white HS teenagers for a riot and they put him in the hospital), so they needed to focus on arming and enabling black criminals with the idea that this violent underclass could be riled up and used against the white population. For them Black Radicalism wasnt just a dude in a Dashiki throwing up a fist, it was any form of black on white crime. Especially rape. They go into great detail about that. One of their best friends, KGB asset, Black Panther President and future failed Republican Presidential Candidate Eldridge Cleaver went into great detail about this in his book Soul on Ice.

Sould on Ice is worth reading just to understand how shameless the lie that the Panthers were these innocent activist types who got slandered by the police out of racism.

Deeply intertwined organizations like the National Lawyers guild also explicitly said their goal was to keep black radicals on the street, and that they considered black criminals to be radicals.

So I actually like, read into it when an organization is funded by these people and then results in massive outbursts of peaceful protests with bodycounts that leave city blocks looking like Iraq War photos. I do read into that. Idk again, maybe terrorist isnt the precise word here but, whatever the right word is definitely isnt kind.

I hope typing all that out was cathartic for you but I don’t really see the point of it. The history of the Weather Underground is well known as is the Black Panthers.

As far as Rosenberg is concerned, Politifact observes “It’s not clear how involved, if at all, Rosenberg was in the group’s work for Black Lives Matter. According to Thousand Currents most recent tax return filed in March of 2021, Rosenberg was listed as its vice chair of the board. The return shows Rosenberg did not receive any compensation from Thousand Currents and that she averaged about two hours of work per week.”

Anyway, as you’ve acknowledged, her involvement to whatever degree doesn’t make BLM a terrorist organisation. Your descriptions of the riots which sometimes followed the protests oddly doesn’t mention Antifa and the well documented actions committed by agents provocateur. A puzzling omission which I think betrays your real motivation in posting this long screed in response to a throwaway line I made to another poster.

Back
Top Bottom