• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Myth of the Clinton Surplus

Last edited:
Actually Obama did raise taxes on the top bracket and then cut the deficit by more then half. Under GOP control the deficit is climbing back up to the trillion mark in an all too typical manner. It is unsustainable to have these high deficits in a supposedly "good" economy. What will happen to them if it goes sour?
Cutting the deficit in half and adding 9.3 trillion to the debt, thank you Obama for giving us Trump

Let me know when Trump's debt exceeds Obama's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

He's also yapping about a year over surplus and a 4 year presidential term in the same breath.
Yapping about the lies regarding Clinton's so called surplus yet adding 1.4 trillion to the debt

No he added 1.4 trillion to the Social Security trust fund. Money that was paid in withholding by millions of American workers.
IOU'S, thank you Clinton

IOU'S, thank you Clinton

How has the deficit changed since 2016? I predict you're going to squirm around the issue so I'll make it simple for you. Has it gone up or down? Up or down?

How has the deficit changed since 2016? I predict you're going to squirm around the issue so I'll make it simple for you. Has it gone up or down? Up or down?
Interest rate increases and entitlement increase had no affect right? Almost 1100 increase in DOW today too

Interest rate increases and entitlement increase had no affect right? Almost 1100 increase in DOW today too

You're so predictable and pathetic.

Thank you, so sorry that facts get in the way of what you want to believe

Ahh yes tell me again what has happened to the deficit? Has it gone up or down since 2016? Up or down?

Ahh yes tell me again what has happened to the deficit? Has it gone up or down since 2016? Up or down?
Stop acting like you care about the deficit

This is where we are in this thread:

giphy.gif

Is the horse supposed to represent a moron?

You only cared about the deficit from 2008-2016. Why is that?

This thread is about the Clinton surplus myth, diversion doesn't change the reality that he had 1.4 trillion in deficits and Obama 9.3 for a total of 10.7 trillion more than Reagan, GH and GW Bush combined

This thread is about the Clinton surplus myth, diversion doesn't change the reality that he had 1.4 trillion in deficits and Obama 9.3 for a total of 10.7 trillion more than Reagan, GH and GW Bush combined

But here you include US debt to Soc. Sec., only with Clinton and not the others.

Which means Reagan, Bush I and W all also added to Soc. Sec. debt not included in the numbers.

So in accounting terms, apples and oranges.

But here you include US debt to Soc. Sec., only with Clinton and not the others.

Which means Reagan, Bush I and W all also added to Soc. Sec. debt not included in the numbers.

So in accounting terms, apples and oranges.

No, that has never been the case as the link I continue to provide shows both thus the total. No such thing as apples and oranges when it comes to debt service

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

Trump is on pace to add 5.6 trillion to the debt in just 4 years. How is this acceptable?

Trump is on pace to add 5.6 trillion to the debt in just 4 years. How is this acceptable?
Then that would be less than 9.3 trillion Obama created! Do you support the Trump budget proposal?

Then that would be less than 9.3 trillion Obama created! Do you support the Trump budget proposal?

Is that really what you're thinking. 5.6 in 4 years < 9.3 in 8 years. This is what I mean by mental gymnastics. Don't you ever get tired lying to yourself?

Is that really what you're thinking. 5.6 in 4 years < 9.3 in 8 years. This is what I mean by mental gymnastics. Don't you ever get tired lying to yourself?
Interesting how you want to blame Trump for the budget deficit without supporting his budget how do you explain that? Has Trump proposed less spending? Has Trump economy generated more Revenue?

A couple problems here, first your post has nothing to do with the thread topic. Second 5.6 trillion is a projection based upon budget expense growth, not the budget that Trump submitted. Support the budget Trump submitted then you can hold him accountable for the deficits that actually occur not what is projected. How do you hold someone for spending that he never authorized?

Back
Top Bottom