• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Myth Of GOP Role In ACA

Because if they don't I'll switch employers. It's that simple. I'm a
qualified civil engineer and anywhere I go to work will give me health insurance benefits. So I won't put up with them dropping them. If they dropped them and I had to go to the individual exchange I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to pay parts of my premiums, but if they just dropped our current insurance and switched to the small business insurance exchange because the policies are cheaper (which is something that they are currently looking at) then I would still expect them to cover the same portion they do now.

The rest of your post is a bunch of crap and I'm not going to waste any more time trying to bring you back to reality.

Oh well then your situation is under control.

What about everyone else ? Some people havn't lost their coverage all together, they've had their dependants dropped and now instead of it being part of a package for compensation, they will be forced to go shopping for very expensive health insurance

And a employer reimbursment wont mean that much since they've now lost the cost advantage insurance companies give to large blocks of individuals.

Its the dirty little secret the Dems have been and are currently trying to hide from everyone.

Its not the "rich" or the poor that will financing all of these subidies, its going to be middle class Families in the midst of a Obama economy who are going to have to carry the load via increased cost on premiums or on coverage that once came as a part of their compensation.

Oh well then your situation is under control.

1.) What about everyone else ? Some people havn't lost their coverage all together, they've had their dependants dropped and now instead of it being part of a package for compensation, they will be forced to go shopping for very expensive health insurance

2.) And a employer reimbursment wont mean that much since they've now lost the cost advantage insurance companies give to large blocks of individuals.

Its the dirty little secret the Dems have been and are currently trying to hide from everyone.

3.) Its not the "rich" or the poor that will financing all of these subidies, its going to be middle class Families in the midst of a Obama economy who are going to have to carry the load via increased cost on premiums or on coverage that once came as a part of their compensation.

1, Some people, not very many though. Almost all quality health insurance plans are expensive, and they got that way long before ObamaCare. But at least with ObamaCare they can get a subsidy if they don't make a lot of money. But I would argue that the companies that are dropping dependents aren't doing so because of ObamaCare. Health insurance rates have been rising for a long time, and employers have been dropping health insurance benefits for a long time. This is nothing new. At least with Obamacare these people have an open, competitive marketplace like the exchange to find a good affordable plan, receive subsidies, and if they have pre-existing conditions then at least they can get insurance, unlike before.

2. The cost advantage is made up for by the fact that all of these insurance companies are competing with each other on the exchanges. Lets just say that in your state 10,000,000 people will be signing up for insurance through the exchanges, and lets assume that the majority are going to be going with the company that offers the lowest price on the plan (bronze silver gold whichever) that they want. Now those insurance companies have a much higher incentive to offer a competitive price because customers will see their price right next to all the other companies. In the past you would have had to call up every company, spend hours getting quotes from each, then compare all of the different plans because they are all different in coverage in different aspects etc. The insurance companies used to charge more for individuals because they had to do work just to get the business of one customer. So you paid for the extra paperwork, customer service etc. Now that's no longer the case for the exchanges. Customers are coming to them in a simple and systematic process. Wouldn't you offer good prices if you knew that you had 10,000,000 customers that you could get a portion of?

3. Everyone's already paying for health care for others. Everyone pays alot of extra tax dollars and premium dollars that all go towards unpaid emergency room and hospital visits. This is nothing new. We can either help these people get health insurance which will provide them with preventative medicine and let them live healthier or we can pay for the very expensive emergency room visits that they will eventually have. Either way the money is being paid.

1, Some people, not very many though.
Almost all quality health insurance plans are expensive, and they got that way long before ObamaCare. But at least with ObamaCare they can get a subsidy if they don't make a lot of money. But I would argue that the companies that are dropping dependents aren't doing so because of ObamaCare. Health insurance rates have been rising for a long time, and employers have been dropping health insurance benefits for a long time. This is nothing new. At least with Obamacare these people have an open, competitive marketplace like the exchange to find a good affordable plan, receive subsidies, and if they have pre-existing conditions then at least they can get insurance, unlike before.

2. The cost advantage is made up for by the fact that all of these insurance companies are competing with each other on the exchanges. Lets just say that in your state 10,000,000 people will be signing up for insurance through the exchanges, and lets assume that the majority are going to be going with the company that offers the lowest price on the plan (bronze silver gold whichever) that they want. Now those insurance companies have a much higher incentive to offer a competitive price because customers will see their price right next to all the other companies. In the past you would have had to call up every company, spend hours getting quotes from each, then compare all of the different plans because they are all different in coverage in different aspects etc. The insurance companies used to charge more for individuals because they had to do work just to get the business of one customer. So you paid for the extra paperwork, customer service etc. Now that's no longer the case for the exchanges. Customers are coming to them in a simple and systematic process. Wouldn't you offer good prices if you knew that you had 10,000,000 customers that you could get a portion of?

3. Everyone's already paying for health care for others. Everyone pays alot of extra tax dollars and premium dollars that all go towards unpaid emergency room and hospital visits. This is nothing new. We can either help these people get health insurance which will provide them with preventative medicine and let them live healthier or we can pay for the very expensive emergency room visits that they will eventually have. Either way the money is being paid.

These people that couldn't afford health care are I'm assuming those who didn't earn enough to afford it but were not poor enough to qualify for medicare/medicaid ?

How many people in that category do you think exist ?

And how many of those people, even with a subsidy are going to still be able to afford plan ?

And OF-COURSE obamacare drove up prices. It's what happens when Govt mandates purchases arbitrarily and inflicts harmful regulations on private industry and Companies have been advertizing why they're dropping coverage.

And you're basing all of your assumptions on participation numbers which I guarantee are going to be a fraction of what the plan requires to stay solvent.

There is nothing stopping someone from paying a fine and then signing up when they're sick.

What makes you people think that people in THIS economy have the extra income needed to handle a extra 2 to 400 dollars a month increase in premiums ?

Back
Top Bottom