• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Mystery of Global Warming's Missing Heat

It's laughable that you are putting this 'hidden-agenda on people who are trying to look out for you and the rest of the world.

Here in the UK I'm being green taxed to the tune of 25% on my energy bills due to this 'conspiracy to tax people' garbage' . This is set to rise to 40% by 2020. The corrupt green agenda is there to see with the lightening of my wallet and in other countries who sign up to this de carbonization 'garbage'.

Here is why our government ministers are so keen on it

How MPs in the pay of subsidised eco-firms set insane new carbon targets that send your heating bills sky-rocketing | Mail Online

And all this is being introduced nearly two decades after the warming stopped ! And you guys over the pond worry about the corruption of fossil fuel companies ? You should count yourself lucky you live in the US ! :lol:

Last edited:
Here in the UK I'm being green taxed to the tune of 25% on my energy bills due to this 'conspiracy to tax people' garbage' . This is set to rise to 40% by 2020. The corrupt green agenda is there to see with the lightening of my wallet and in other countries who sign up to this de carbonization 'garbage'.

Here is why our government ministers are so keen on it

How MPs in the pay of subsidised eco-firms set insane new carbon targets that send your heating bills sky-rocketing | Mail Online

And all this is being introduced nearly two decades after the warming stopped ! And you guys over the pond worry about the corruption of fossil fuel companies ? You should count yourself lucky you live in the US ! :lol:

Fossil fuel companies are the most corrupt in the world. You should be happy to live in a country which is moving in the direction it is concerning energy.

Fossil fuel companies are the most corrupt in the world. You should be happy to live in a country which is moving in the direction it is concerning energy.

The fossil fuel companies arent robbing me blind the corrupt eco politicians and thier lobbyists are and you think i should be happy about this !! :shock: If you had actually read the article you would have worked that out. If you are only here to preach rather than to learn then stop wasting my time

The fossil fuel companies arent robbing me blind the corrupt eco politicians and thier lobbyists are. If you had actually read the article you would have worked that out. If you are only here to preach rather than to learn then stop wasting my time

The fossil fuel companies are robbing me blind, as well as every other American. I am sure there are people who are taking advantage of the 'green' movement. I have not experienced it here. I am not trying to preach to you, you needn't lash out.

The fossil fuel companies are robbing me blind, as well as every other American. I am sure there are people who are taking advantage of the 'green' movement. I have not experienced it here. I am not trying to preach to you, you needn't lash out.

You guys moan about $4 per gallon we get charged $12 per gallon yet despite that I'm actually getting something from paying it. I get a useful resource which actually benefits my existence. What is it I'm getting for the near doubling of my energy bills through carbon taxation ? Thats a high price to pay for having the cozy moral superiority of watching my nation commit economic suicide on the alter of an environmental scam embraced and promoted by corrupt self serving politicians. :(

You guys moan about $4 per gallon we get charged $12 per gallon yet despite that I'm actually getting something from paying it. I get a useful resource which actually benefits my existence. What is it I'm getting for the near doubling of my energy bills through carbon taxation ? Thats a high price to pay for having the cozy moral superiority of watching my nation commit economic suicide on the alter of an environmental scam embraced and promoted by corrupt self serving politicians. :(

I am sorry to hear that it is a corrupt movement in your country.

Either way, fossil fuel is a finite resource. We have to move away from it.

Even if it is called settled science, how is that affecting you at all?
It probably only has minimal effects on us now, but if this agenda goes through, it will impact all of us.

I believe in watching out for the future? Do you?

You are changing the subject now. The subject is how people who believe AGW is settled science is effecting me.
You are changing the subject farther than it has already strayed. It would be a good topic for a new thread.

Nonsense .I've been hearing this weary refrain for 40 years. Finite reserves are greater today than ever thanks to more cost effective methods of extraction. I sometimes think the fossil fuel companies themselves started this 'shortage' scam in order to artiificially inflate prices and increase thier profits. Even if oil were to run out tomorrow Coal/oil synthesisation will last at least two centuries after that and thats just based on currently known reserves ! We are finding more all the time.

Last edited:
Honestly, if I had realized the last post was yours I wouldn't have responded at all. Regardless of what I post you will do your best to misinterpret it, so don't expect further replies from me.

Stop crying.. Your problem is you made numerous attempts to prove back-radiation and all of them was flawed..

gslack, I agree with Mo here. In my dealings with you, you are intellectually dishonest in your replies. You restate what someone says in a way that changes the meaning. Everyone see it. I don't know what you think you are gaining.

And you did the same thing he did, and reacted the same way... Getting mad at somebody because your analogies are incorrect is real mature. So is a personal attack post which serves no further purpose...

Are you not open minded enough to consider that human beings have affected the climate?

If not, tell me why.

Human beings effecting the climate isn't the topic,the topic is AGW theory. We effect the climate but how much, and in what manner? Attributing global warming to a trace gas that does not actually show any traits that would allow this mechanism to take place in any form like they claim is the issue here.

Like I asked sawyer, what is this research doing to affect your life in any way?

Its proponents perpetuate this false science to get legislation and taxes on things they otherwise couldn't tax or regulate. Hence the desperation to hide any doubts and exaggerate findings.. I said this all before and here it is again. Simple one-line responses do not answer for this or cover it any way. You can dismiss my saying this again and again but it will still be there.

So what if this AGW talk has people start recycling more, using alternative energy sources, buying hybrid or all electric cars, etc... those are all good things!

It's laughable that you are putting this 'hidden-agenda conspiracy to tax people' garbage on people who are trying to look out for you and the rest of the world.

No what's laughable is you thinking theory is fact despite the fact no one can prove it, the denial of any differing opinions in the scientific community, and the attack of any body willing to speak against it, the exaggeration of claims, the fact that a carbon tax will be a tax on life, and still calling it science...

No one wanting to "look out for me" will be proposing a carbon credit or tax scheme. If it were for me, why is it coming with a carbon trade market instead of all the proceeds going to the environment? Al gore, and virtually all the people peddling this nonsense mainstream stands to make billions on this market.

So please spare me the "looking out for me" nonsense..

Sawyer, diesel prices are going to continue to get higher and higher, and the supply of diesel is going to run out - if not for you, then for future generations - it is a certainty. Fossil fuels are dirty, inefficient, and not renewable. We all have to change the way we live. Wouldn't you enjoy driving a truck which you did not have to spend $100+ to fill up? It's possible.

Diesel engines are roughly double the efficiency of a comparable gasoline engine. Whats more diesel fuel has about 14 percent more energy than gasoline by volume.

Gas vs Diesel Engines in Fuel Economy – Gas or Diesel for Environment - Popular Mechanics

You can call diesel dirty and state its getting more scarce, but you cannot say it is less efficient..

You are changing the subject farther than it has already strayed. It would be a good topic for a new thread.

How it effected me was the question I was responding too. I started the GD thread and even I forgot what the OP was, thanks for reminding me.:lol:

I am sorry to hear that it is a corrupt movement in your country.

....and I'm sure we will when it becomes economically sensible to do so.

....and I'm sure we will when it becomes economically sensible to do so.

but failing to plan for the end of fossil fuels, refusing to begin the building of a new infrastructure - will ultimately cost far more than beginning to make changes now. Far too many look at the quarterly balance sheet in preference to 5 year or 10 year projections. Immediate profit does not always lead to long term success.

but failing to plan for the end of fossil fuels, refusing to begin the building of a new infrastructure - will ultimately cost far more than beginning to make changes now. Far too many look at the quarterly balance sheet in preference to 5 year or 10 year projections. Immediate profit does not always lead to long term success.

Nobody is against researching alternative energy sources and merging into them as fossil fuel runs low sometime in the future, what we are against is putting the cart ahead of the horse and shutting off the spigot of fossil fuel to force us into technologies that are not yet ripe.

but failing to plan for the end of fossil fuels, refusing to begin the building of a new infrastructure - will ultimately cost far more than beginning to make changes now.

Says who?

No one here is against planning for the future without fossil fuels. What is at issue is the claim a trace gas is warming the globe to dangerous levels when there is no real world evidence that it can even do such a thing. Further the theory means to impose some extra taxes and fees onto using fossil fuels which not only will place unnecessary burdens on people already feeling the crunch of a shortage, but do nothing to effect the environment, and only line the pockets of certain people.

This constant back and forth is silly when you guys continue to alter your position on it. You say it's about the science, and when we show you the science is flawed, you say its about being prepared. What's it going to be next? How many times does the theory and concepts have to be proven wrong before someone can man up and call it what it is and quit making excuses for it..

Why do you think that? Fossil fuel isn't going to just stop flowing one day. There will be a gradual change in supply vs. demand. As it is now, oil prices are rising as Asia industrializes and creates more demand. The capitalists of the world will shift over to other energy sources on their own. We don't need authoritarians like yourself imposing your will and viewpoint on them, and those of us who disagree with you.

If you know you are correct, then gather a group of like minded individuals, and invest your own money. Since you know you are right, you can be the saviors of humanity and either become multi-billionaires, or give it away. Your choice. Please stop trying to impose your viewpoint on the rest of us.

Back
Top Bottom