• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Murder Rate in Sweden. Murder Most Swedish

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
How is the U.S. like Sweden? In its low murder rate. That is, if you include in the statistics only non-blacks in the U.S. legally. [...] In round numbers, there are about 250 million non-blacks in the U.S. legally. So their murder rate is about 1.0 per 100,000 [per year], or the same as Sweden´s. A murder rate of 1.0 is in the same league as the Europeans who like to call us gun-crazy cowboys. But it´s not the "cowboys" who are doing the killing. (In fact, Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming have murder rates significantly lower than the U.S. average.)

Geez. I'd have never considered this if the President wasn't a half black man who held forth the promise that his election would mean that we had entered a post-racial era only to see, with his election, the country become roiled by complaints of racism over nothing all the time. But now that we are all thinking about it how about it if we took a look at the actual facts? Like, who is it that is killing young black men all the time? Who is it that is perpetrating all the crime and violence? Who is it that ought to be responsible for correcting this? Who is it that is constantly shifting blame and failing to take responsibility for what is going on?

But then a "nation of cowards" can't handle the truth.

Were Kurds and other mideastern immigrants removed from Sweden's rate?

Were Kurds and other mideastern immigrants removed from Sweden's rate?

Sweden is not having a murder spree problem because of immigrants from the ME and Africa. It's having a rape epidemic.

I prefer to think of it as a problem of Americans killing Americans not blacks killing blacks.

I'm sure I will be called a racist but facts are facts and the minority populations, especially blacks skew our violent crime stats in this country along with our incarceration, unemployment, out of wedlock birth and welfare stats not to mention giving the DNC a slight edge in votes. If America was all legal and all white we would be an entirely different country with a very low crime and poverty rate and a very low rate of democrats in our government. I know the haters will attack me on this but it is true so the question is what now. I think the first place to start is by not passing this so called immigration reform act and securing our border with Mexico. Then we have to do something about our worthless public education and get the minorities up to speed. We have a real mess here and it's time to clean house.

Sweden is not having a murder spree problem because of immigrants from the ME and Africa. It's having a rape epidemic.

I hear things have gotten worse, 1997-2001:

Immigrants are overrepresented in Sweden's crime statistics. In a study by the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention in 1997-2001, 25% of the almost 1,520,000 offences were found to be committed by people born abroad, while almost 20% were committed by Swedish-born people with a foreign background. In the study, immigrants were found to be four times more likely to be investigated for lethal violence and robbery than ethnic Swedes. In addition, immigrants were three times more likely to be investigated for violent assault, and five times more likely to be investigated for sex crimes. Those from North Africa and Western Asia were overrepresented.

Immigration and crime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you want to find a source for high crime, you need to look at poverty, not skin colour.
I bet there is a higher crime rate between poor white people than wealthy black people.

Yeah. Sweden is the rape capital of Europe, as a country.

City-wise, Brussels, the EU 'capital' and home to the largest muslim community in Europe (nearly half the population) is the city with the largest sex offences done in a week in Europe. But it does have low murder rates. Big sex offence rates, low murder. Well... lower murder rates. That's not a consolation, but it's a worthwhile difference to note.

If you want to find a source for high crime, you need to look at poverty, not skin colour.
I bet there is a higher crime rate between poor white people than wealthy black people.

This.

Poverty=crime.

I'm sure I will be called a racist but facts are facts and the minority populations, especially blacks skew our violent crime stats in this country along with our incarceration, unemployment, out of wedlock birth and welfare stats not to mention giving the DNC a slight edge in votes. If America was all legal and all white we would be an entirely different country with a very low crime and poverty rate and a very low rate of democrats in our government. I know the haters will attack me on this but it is true so the question is what now. I think the first place to start is by not passing this so called immigration reform act and securing our border with Mexico. Then we have to do something about our worthless public education and get the minorities up to speed. We have a real mess here and it's time to clean house.

The fact that 1% of whites and 5% to 7% of non-whites commit most of the crime in the US does not justify comming down on any race/ethnicity, as the vast majority of all people in the US never commit serious crimes. If whites were equally predisposed to not report crime or come forward as witnesses then the white crime rate would rise as well. IMHO, it is using the excuse of preventing a "brother" (or "sister") from being placed under the "control of the man" that contributes greatly to the US crime problem. When "street justice" is swift and assured for those that "snitch" and long delays and wrist slaps result from using the criminal justcie system it should surprise noone that we have a significant crime problem in the lawless areas (tribal zones?) of major US cities.

Yeah. Sweden is the rape capital of Europe, as a country.

City-wise, Brussels, the EU 'capital' and home to the largest muslim community in Europe (nearly half the population) is the city with the largest sex offences done in a week in Europe. But it does have low murder rates. Big sex offence rates, low murder. Well... lower murder rates. That's not a consolation, but it's a worthwhile difference to note.

Who cares?

One cannot remove minorities from the US stats and not remove them from Sweden's. That's just flat-out BS.

Who cares?

One cannot remove minorities from the US stats and not remove them from Sweden's. That's just flat-out BS.

Well... yeah, ok, I grant you that, it's a bit silly.

But I personally don't put much stock in what the outlet which published that information has to say.

American Thinker

I see this website to be presented by a great deal of people from the conservative side. And sometimes it's ok. But then there are the articles that Wehrwolfen posts which are outright stupid and that makes me think the site is a bit bipolar. So I wouldn't really engage in a serious discussion based on what this article has to offer.

Let's kick the drug offenders out of prison and make room for the gang bangers.
Then, let's make the prisoners do hard labor, and make prison unpleasant enough that, if we ever do let them out, they won't want to come back.

That should lower the murder rate some.

We can't go back and undo slavery, so comparisons between white murders and black murders do nothing but add fuel to the racist fire that we'd be so much better off if only everyone had a white skin. That is just nonsense, and there is nothing we can do about it anyway.

That is PART of the equation, not the whole equation. It is more like poverty + culture = crime.

The culture develops from poverty though. Blacks in the US were economically disadvantaged for the better part of 200 years, this lead to the development of the modern culture that perpetuates poverty. Were there no economic disadvantage, black culture would not have needed to develop around an aversion to authority, or the need to find money regardless of method.

The culture develops from poverty though. Blacks in the US were economically disadvantaged for the better part of 200 years, this lead to the development of the modern culture that perpetuates poverty. Were there no economic disadvantage, black culture would not have needed to develop around an aversion to authority, or the need to find money regardless of method.

You see I can't really buy this argument as the immigrants that landed on Ellis Island landed with nothing and most of them made a better life for their children.

Why can't blacks do that when they have generations living in the country?

I prefer to think of it as a problem of Americans killing Americans not blacks killing blacks.

I'm sure a lot of people prefer to think of it that way. Otherwise, there is an acknowledgement that black on black violence is a real problem and drives the murder rates that gun-grabbers rely on for political propaganda. It just feels wrong to see the problem for what it really is.

The fact that 1% of whites and 5% to 7% of non-whites commit most of the crime in the US does not justify comming down on any race/ethnicity, as the vast majority of all people in the US never commit serious crimes.

If blacks and illegal immigrants are committing a grossly disproportionate number of the murders in this country, calling a spade a spade doesn't require justification. It just is what it is. It's a problem and we need to figure out some way to solve it.

If whites were equally predisposed to not report crime or come forward as witnesses then the white crime rate would rise as well.

That is a very strange remark because if whites were less inclined to report crime, the crime rate for whites would be lower. And the fact that witnesses don't come forward merely means that there are more unsolved crimes, not more crimes.

The fact that 1% of whites and 5% to 7% of non-whites commit most of the crime in the US does not justify comming down on any race/ethnicity, as the vast majority of all people in the US never commit serious crimes.

If blacks and illegal immigrants are committing a grossly disproportionate number of the murders in this country, calling a spade a spade doesn't require justification. It just is what it is. It's a problem and we need to figure out some way to solve it.

If whites were equally predisposed to not report crime or come forward as witnesses then the white crime rate would rise as well.

That is a very strange remark because if whites were less inclined to report crime, the crime rate for whites would be lower. And the fact that witnesses don't come forward merely means that there are more unsolved crimes, not more crimes.

Are you kidding me? If a criminal gets a free pass to commit crime (is never turned in/held accountable) then that does not reduce crime, it simply reduces the arrest/conviction for those crimes already committed and alows them to remain at large to commit even more crime.

Are you kidding me? If a criminal gets a free pass to commit crime (is never turned in/held accountable) then that does not reduce crime, it simply reduces the arrest/conviction for those crimes already committed and alows them to remain at large to commit even more crime.

Have another cup of coffee. If the crime isn't reported, it never shows up in the statistics, so the rate is "lower" than if it had been reported.

The object of accusations of racism and so on is to stop the discussion and keep it from going where they don't want it to go, such as towards recognizing more responsiblity for their own problems. We should follow AG Holder's advice and refuse to be silenced. Take the conversation where facts, reason and logic dictate no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom