• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Murder Rate in Sweden. Murder Most Swedish

I think that blaming it on poverty alone ignores the cultural elements that unique challenges to the black community.

Geez. I'd have never considered this if the President wasn't a half black man who held forth the promise that his election would mean that we had entered a post-racial era only to see, with his election, the country become roiled by complaints of racism over nothing all the time. But now that we are all thinking about it how about it if we took a look at the actual facts? Like, who is it that is killing young black men all the time? Who is it that is perpetrating all the crime and violence? Who is it that ought to be responsible for correcting this? Who is it that is constantly shifting blame and failing to take responsibility for what is going on?

But then a "nation of cowards" can't handle the truth.

Complete trash, what basis is there for just not counting a massive segment of the population? Does it mean that those murders magically go away and we are on par with much more peaceful countries? Obviously not.

Hey I bet if you cut out all the murder victims from your statistics than there will be no murder victims in the US! Brilliant!

Complete trash, what basis is there for just not counting a massive segment of the population? Does it mean that those murders magically go away and we are on par with much more peaceful countries? Obviously not.

Hey I bet if you cut out all the murder victims from your statistics than there will be no murder victims in the US! Brilliant!
It's used to show that guns in this country are not the problem it's the larger societal issues that drive gang wars and black on black crime that are the problems.

It's used to show that guns in this country are not the problem it's the larger societal issues that drive gang wars and black on black crime that are the problems.

Being black is a societal issue? And I wasn't aware that so many of these shootings could be so accurately described as part of "gang wars" just because the victims were black.

Talk about generalization

Being black is a societal issue? And I wasn't aware that so many of these shootings could be so accurately described as part of "gang wars" just because the victims were black.

Where did you get that all I said is that gang wars are and issue and black or black violence is a problem your the one that linked the two not me.

Currently we have people in the media and academe wringing their hands and gnashing their teeth about the death of a young black man. If there is real concern out there for the lives of young black men it behooves us to find out what the problem really is. But so many people just don't have the courage to do that.

And if there is real concern for young black men we ought to be making a big deal out of it when any of them are murdered, not just the one case in which the bruhaha appears to be nothing more than an excuse to drag up racial grievances and enrich certain race mongers.

The factoid about Sweden just makes you look where you don't want to look.

And here I was thinking that gangs probably were largely responsible for the high rates. But it seems you're implying that it's not the gangs. That seemed to be the least unflattering explanation because now you're pointing at a wider black culture and not merely "gang" culture. So do you think it's just how their culture is that they're much more violent? Is that what you were trying to point out?

Being black is not what the OP was talking about, simply that without the black victims/perps that the US crime rate would be much lower. 93% of black homicide victims are killed by another black, 83% of white homicide victims are killed by another white.

Gangs play a huge part in urban crime accounting for as much as 90% in some areas.

In 1999, Hispanics accounted for 47% of all U.S. gang members, African Americans for 34%, whites for 13%, and Asians for 6%

Gangs in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This.
N

Poverty=crime.

True or crime equals poverty....either way why are some cultures more suceptable to poverty and crime ?

Sweden use to be a peaceful Country, one of the better places to live in the world.

Well, the Liberals their really screwed their own with their diversity iniative.

Last edited:
Great debate tactic, you're high school teacher would be so proud.

Nah, my high school teacher would be embarrassed that I even gave you credence with a smart ass comment. :lol:

You see I can't really buy this argument as the immigrants that landed on Ellis Island landed with nothing and most of them made a better life for their children.

Why can't blacks do that when they have generations living in the country?

Many of the European immigrants ended up in association with organised crime. But they could make a fresh start, they had both the drive and the opportunity. Blacks didn't get equal economic footing everywhere until the 60's, they couldn't make a fresh start because of generations of discrimination, and that left its mark on the black culture.

Around here, we have Asian gangs, black gangs, Hispanic gangs, and white gangs. What I haven't seen so far are integrated gangs.

and yes, they account for an overwhelming percentage of the murders locally. Story after story appears in the media about some guy being shot dead in the street, in his house, car, wherever, with the tag: gang related.

If you want to find a source for high crime, you need to look at poverty, not skin colour.
I bet there is a higher crime rate between poor white people than wealthy black people.

That old leftist canard has been discredited for decades. The principal cause of entrenched poverty is immorality and dependency. Out-of-wedlock births for black babies, for example, is over seventy percent. It's a catastrophe! Criminal behavior is merely the most caustic expression of immorality. They go hand-in-hand, poverty and crime, alright, but immorality/crime is the cause of entrenched poverty. But don’t expect leftists to ever admit the truth, as the old lies that poverty causes crime and all the poor are victims and the myth of the zero-sum-gain economy is the premise of leftist welfare politics.

From the OP...

Via World Net Daily, "Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa....."

Um, Rep. Steve King is the congressman that Boehner recently had to apologize for and said he doesn't represent the views of the Republican party. So if he's coming out with his own statistics now....look out.

"....Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) has never been shy about discussing immigrants in the crudest, most vile terms possible. Back in 2006, for instance, in a discussion of a border fence, he talked up the benefits of electrifying it, because we "do that with livestock all the time." ....read...."
Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) Makes Me Ashamed to Be an American and Proud to Be Descended From Immigrants - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Last edited:
Many of the European immigrants ended up in association with organised crime. But they could make a fresh start, they had both the drive and the opportunity. Blacks didn't get equal economic footing everywhere until the 60's, they couldn't make a fresh start because of generations of discrimination, and that left its mark on the black culture.

Nonsense. The black community well on its way to social and economic maturity via its own bootstraps. The worst thing that ever happened to black America was Johnson's Great Society.

currently we have people in the media and academe wringing their hands and gnashing their teeth about the death of a young black man. If there is real concern out there for the lives of young black men it behooves us to find out what the problem really is. But so many people just don't have the courage to do that.

And if there is real concern for young black men we ought to be making a big deal out of it when any of them are murdered, not just the one case in which the bruhaha appears to be nothing more than an excuse to drag up racial grievances and enrich certain race mongers.

The factoid about sweden just makes you look where you don't want to look.

bump!

I don't beleive the jews joined up with the mafia. They put in the hard work to make a better life for their children and it worked for the most part.

What opportunites were denied to blacks in California in the 20s and 30s and even on into the 50s and 60s?

Were blacks discriminated against from getting Jobs in California?

I don't beleive the jews joined up with the mafia. They put in the hard work to make a better life for their children and it worked for the most part.

What opportunites were denied to blacks in California in the 20s and 30s and even on into the 50s and 60s?

Were blacks discriminated against from getting Jobs in California?

No, but the Japanese were, back in the 1940s, and now look at the sad plight of the Japanese Ameri... what? doing as well as or better than the majority whites? Oh, never mind.

I'm glad I came upon this forum as last night I posted on another social networking site the out of control rate of murder, and especially, sexual assaults in Sweden (and Norway). I was, with no surprise, immediately called "racist". Although I find it interesting how it's always a White person. (*By always I mean one time my mother was standing in line at the grocery store and a Black woman shoved her to get ahead of the line, and the woman called my mom a cracker. I posted this other story on the other networking site and was called "racist" by a fellow White person). Unfortunately, the debate last night caused me a lot of stress.

Anyway, I'm happy I found this particular thread because I wanted to share a few things. I don't think people can judge if they aren't up to speed on what's going on in Scandinavia. I find it interesting that any time I make a statement stating something negative White people do, nobody (meaning White liberals) bats an eye or responds. But the moment White liberals hear the word "Black" or "non White" they immediately want to cry racism, even when the facts are presented in front of them, such as in the case with Scandinavia.

The immigration to Norway and Sweden, and only European nations, is only going to create problems as the cultures are so vastly different. Now, I have no issue with non-European immigrants moving into Europe if they adapt to the local culture. However, you have men coming in who think of women as property, you have Sharia law, etc.

I spent a year living in Scandinavia and miss it terribly. That was 10 years ago, and I'm amazed at how fast time flies. I feel since I have left it has gotten worse because of the open immigration.

Now, back to here in the USA I have worked with and mentored (mostly voluntarily) students from East African countries such as Somalia. While I won't negate what is going on in Sweden, I will say some of my brightest and sweetest students have been from East African nations. I think White liberals are afraid that if us conservatives speak about a handful of bad apples from a group that we are representing that entire population, which simply isn't the case.

As for here in the USA I find it interesting when working in some capacity with East African populations that White liberals will call me "racist" when I state that FGM is a severe issue. Or people, including women, from that population vehemently deny FGM. The fact of the matter is 97% of girls from Somalia are brutally altered through FGM including when living abroad such as in the US, France, the UK, etc.

I see the cultures changing in Scandinavia and I find it sad. The people there, the locals, have been brainwashed to believe this land of multiculturalism is a good thing. Some nations, like the USA, Brazil, Argentina, Hungary, are nations that have many, many types of people. But places like Finland, which are so extremely homogenous, are going to lose that value as they start to intermarry. Intermarriage is fine for places like here, not places like Sweden and Finland where people can go back 1,200 years to being of the just 1 ethnicity and then suddenly that strain is morphed.

As for here in America (and the UK) I've been told by Black people multiple times there is a "Black on Black" crime epidemic (ie Chicago, Birmingham, Detroit). In my city, with a very high Black population, many Black people, usually through churches, are trying to stop the Black on Black violence. Yet, funny, when a White conservative is saying that Black on Black crime needs to end and that Black on Black crime is higher than other racial demographics White liberals yell racism.

As for the person who said poor Whites commit more violent crimes than wealthy Blacks. Well, this is true however the rate of violent crimes by poor Whites is still significantly lower than poor Blacks. With poor Whites, here in the US, the issue more so is the meth epidemic, child abuse, etc. not homicides.

Last edited:
I'm glad I came upon this forum as last night I posted on another social networking site the out of control rate of murder, and especially, sexual assaults in Sweden (and Norway). I was, with no surprise, immediately called "racist". Although I find it interesting how it's always a White person. (*By always I mean one time my mother was standing in line at the grocery store and a Black woman shoved her to get ahead of the line, and the woman called my mom a cracker. I posted this other story on the other networking site and was called "racist" by a fellow White person). Unfortunately, the debate last night caused me a lot of stress.

Anyway, I'm happy I found this particular thread because I wanted to share a few things. I don't think people can judge if they aren't up to speed on what's going on in Scandinavia. I find it interesting that any time I make a statement stating something negative White people do, nobody (meaning White liberals) bats an eye or responds. But the moment White liberals hear the word "Black" or "non White" they immediately want to cry racism, even when the facts are presented in front of them, such as in the case with Scandinavia.

The immigration to Norway and Sweden, and only European nations, is only going to create problems as the cultures are so vastly different. Now, I have no issue with non-European immigrants moving into Europe if they adapt to the local culture. However, you have men coming in who think of women as property, you have Sharia law, etc.

I spent a year living in Scandinavia and miss it terribly. That was 10 years ago, and I'm amazed at how fast time flies. I feel since I have left it has gotten worse because of the open immigration.

Now, back to here in the USA I have worked with and mentored (mostly voluntarily) students from East African countries such as Somalia. While I won't negate what is going on in Sweden, I will say some of my brightest and sweetest students have been from East African nations. I think White liberals are afraid that if us conservatives speak about a handful of bad apples from a group that we are representing that entire population, which simply isn't the case.

As for here in the USA I find it interesting when working in some capacity with East African populations that White liberals will call me "racist" when I state that FGM is a severe issue. Or people, including women, from that population vehemently deny FGM. The fact of the matter is 97% of girls from Somalia are brutally altered through FGM including when living abroad such as in the US, France, the UK, etc.

I see the cultures changing in Scandinavia and I find it sad. The people there, the locals, have been brainwashed to believe this land of multiculturalism is a good thing. Some nations, like the USA, Brazil, Argentina, Hungary, are nations that have many, many types of people. But places like Finland, which are so extremely homogenous, are going to lose that value as they start to intermarry. Intermarriage is fine for places like here, not places like Sweden and Finland where people can go back 1,200 years to being of the just 1 ethnicity and then suddenly that strain is morphed.

Welcome aboard, Meg.

I think on this forum you can at least bring up the subject of race without being called a racist, and you can discuss a black racist without being labeled as well. Check out the thread about Jessie Jackson, as an example.

Ah, public education. I could literally write you a book on my experiences, but I'll try to condense much of it. In my state the way of getting a teacher certificate is by having a high enough GPA. Although mind you the bulk of the classes have nothing to do with education or teaching, so your GPA could be too low and therefore you won't be able to get a certificate even if you are just .01 under the necessary requirement. So, there you have it the only necessity to becoming a teacher (in most states) is a high enough GPA. It doesn't matter if you can actually teach or connect with kids. Where I live we have a teacher arrested for sexting a 12 year old, a teacher arrested for snorting lines while the 1st graders were in her class, a superintendent arrested for homicide, and 3 teachers on PAID leave for having phone conversations in class with a gang banger arrested for murder (who btw murdered in front of a bunch of little children). What about these educational classes in college? Well, there is no thinking of your own allowed. First, they are incredibly liberal. Second, they are extremely political. What I mean by this is if that particular year the new fad is saying that children learn best by watching something on TV vs doing something with their hands you have to agree with it. If you don't agree with the latest fad, you're going to get points off.

Now, I have worked or volunteered in classrooms as a substitute and assistant. Funny though, sometimes like in one school, assistants do more work than the head teachers but get paid only $10 an hour, or less. I have worked with preschool through 12th grade in: Catholic, private, psychiatric alternative, charter, and public with public being literally every economic and ethnic background you can think of. When it comes to public I've been in rich schools with mostly Jews, East Asians, some Catholics, and a few Blacks. I've been in very poor White schools. I've been in a mix of poor Black, middle class Black, and a few poor White (that was actually public charter). You get the idea.

I've gotten to the point where if a parent has the means or is willing to make sacrifices, and the parent can provide an enriching environment for their child(ren) that it's better to unschool. Unschool is where the child chooses what they're going to learn. Such as that day they might want to study about dinosaurs or they might want to learn how to cook. That or parents homeschool their children not using a public education curriculum.

But, as for the kids stuck in public schools, there are a few things I'm going to recommend from my experiences since 2005 being in the trenches.
1. Parents are mandated to reply to emails and phone calls and go to at least 1 PTA meeting a year. If they can't attend the PTA they must meet with the teacher at another location (ie library). Failure to do so and you homeschool your own. However, some states like NJ and NH don't check to see if children are being educated. I'm all for unschooling where a child chooses what they want to learn, but not raw unschooling where a child chooses if they want to learn at all.

2. Parents are mandated to get their kids on the school bus for K-8th. HS students are required to get themselves to school. Failure to do so more than 3xs results in 1 year of homeschooling.

3. When I was in college we read blogs about White teachers working in predominately Black classrooms where the teachers dealt with racism. The White teachers called it "insightful" but none ever had the guts to mention it was racism. For the most part, I got along with Black students but I will say the behavior of African students is FAR better than the behavior of Black American students in pretty much every economic background of a school. This is just a fact. I've worked with Black American young students who would tell me things like "I like you, you're nice, but my grandma wants me to hate you cuz you're White." (2007, child's name Demair).

4. Let the money follow the student. If a school is failing a child this would allow them to go anywhere else including charter and public. They do this in AZ.

5. Eliminate standardized testing. I know some people are so gung ho about making sure a school is up to standards, but the thing is every brain is different. Every person is different. That the standards don't really mean anything. A unit test on a subject and end of the year testing on everything is more than enough.

6. Start kindergarten at age 6. We are pushing it more and more. 2 yr olds starting preK, 4yr olds starting K. Starting earlier can actually hinder productivity and results later on.

7. Have gym class and recess every day in K-8th.

8. Allow HS students to choose the order in which they do their academics, with seniors getting preference. For example, Tim may want to take chemistry his first year while Jane may want to take biology her first year.

9. Test students for dyslexia. Dyslexia is more prevalent than autism yet public schools don't test for it.

I have to go and I could write 50 more things.

Thank you. Well, last beautiful day here so I'm heading outside to meet up with some people. :)

Back
Top Bottom