• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Mueller Investigation

As I said, Dershowitz explained that ANYONE who owns a large business can be found guilty of crimes. This could set a precedent preventing business owners from running for US president. Democrats would love that, because, in general, they despise business.

No, Democrats do not despise business in general. That is a really, really, illiterate, fallacious claim.

No, Democrats do not despise business in general. That is a really, really, illiterate, fallacious claim.

IN GENERAL, I said. It is well known that Republicans are generally more friendly toward business. That is why a businessman was elected as a Republican.

It is well known that Democrats generally prefer big government and regulations, while Republicans stand for the opposite.

Ok, maybe Democrats don't all "despise" business, but a lot of them do.

I just watched a Rachel Maddow interview of Elizabeth Warren. There was not a single mention of the importance of private business for a successful economy. It was all about how unfair it is that some people are rich and others aren't. Well, ok, it is unfair. But there was not a single mention of how things could be made more fair, aside from government programs. Not a single mention of what really makes this country a decent place to live for some, but not all. No mention of why the middle class is struggling. Just the assumption that somehow the rich are stealing our money.

IN GENERAL, I said. It is well known that Republicans are generally more friendly toward business. That is why a businessman was elected as a Republican.

It is well known that Democrats generally prefer big government and regulations, while Republicans stand for the opposite.

Ok, maybe Democrats don't all "despise" business, but a lot of them do.

I just watched a Rachel Maddow interview of Elizabeth Warren. There was not a single mention of the importance of private business for a successful economy. It was all about how unfair it is that some people are rich and others aren't. Well, ok, it is unfair. But there was not a single mention of how things could be made more fair, aside from government programs. Not a single mention of what really makes this country a decent place to live for some, but not all. No mention of why the middle class is struggling. Just the assumption that somehow the rich are stealing our money.

Your post is silly nonsense, and your claim Trump was elected 'because he is a businessman' is also silly. How many times did he file for bankruptcy ?

Your post is silly nonsense, and your claim Trump was elected 'because he is a businessman' is also silly. How many times did he file for bankruptcy ?

Trump's supporters like the fact that his experience is in business. I didn't say I feel that way. But it is a fact that his supporters do. Your misinterpretation of my statement is silly.

Trump's supporters like the fact that his experience is in business. I didn't say I feel that way. But it is a fact that his supporters do. Your misinterpretation of my statement is silly.

How did I misrepresent your statement ?

Let me start by saying that Trump IS a crook and has been a crook all his life. The task of the FBI is to prove without a shadow of a doubt that he's a crook. Roger Stone is a self-professed 'dirty trickster' and has been employing shady campaign tactics since the early 1980'd when he, Manafort and Lee Atwater started their lobbying firm. He's a serial liar just as Trump, Manafort, Flynn, Popadopoulis and Gates are. A leopard never changes his spots.

Opposition research is normal and legal. What is illegal are litigious accusations that damage a person's character or credibility by perpetrating stories that are nothing but false allegations and the hacking into personal computers by a foreign adversary to the United States is the culprit of that hacking.

So far, the FBI investigation under the direction of Robert Mueller has resulted in ;
Paul Manafort - indicted
Michael Cohen - pleaded guilty
Michael Flynn - pleaded guilty
George Papadopoulos - pleaded guilty
Rick gates - pleaded guilty
Alex Van der Zwaan - pleaded guilty
Richard Pinedo - pleaded guilty
Konstantin Kilmnik -indicted
Roger Stone - indicted
13 Russian Nationals - indicted
12 Russian Military Officers - indicted

An example of voter suppression propagated by Russian trolls. People were encouraged to 'tweet' their vote using a link, of course that's illegal but people believed they could do that. Many 'votes' for HRC were made this way which of course negated their vote entirely.

920x920.jpg

Here's another example of Russian 'click-bait'.

fakenews.jpg

QG3OQV6FXRD4NDKPVWR4YSILQ4.png

YourNewsWire_IG_report_Clinton_hoax_ads.jpg

Leftist democrats are outraged when non-democrats post fake news that is not supportive of the democrat fake news narrative. I particularly liked the Richard Blumenthal touch. The stolen valor lying fake Vietnam hero democrat pretends to be outraged by those who lie. Are democrat lies good lies and lies by others bad? Don't ask Pocohontas Warren, she doesn't have a clue.

Last edited:
Yeah, really.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/brea...-hillary-s-private-emails.html#post1064879865

Again, not all of us are partisans. Some of us actually judge politicians by their behavior, not their party affiliation.

Fair. We've exchanged a number of times, and my impression of you isn't one of a partisan.

Most concerning in the DP citation you've posted there, is that the US now has a two tiered justice system, patently in opposition to one of the nation's founding principals, and while that's being tossed out of the window, presumed innocence until proven guilty being tossed right along with it. We've also seen government power, LEO and intel agencies being used to spy on, and frame, a political opposition candidate and campaign. We've seen a LEO investigation abusing its powers by bankrupting those against whom they find slim evidence of criminality, again not related to the campaign or the present presidency, nor to their mission, namely Russian collusion and election influence, of which evidence of neither has been found.

It is legitimate to question their behavior, their motivation, and their legitimacy.

All quite disturbing.

Yeah, really.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/brea...-hillary-s-private-emails.html#post1064879865

Again, not all of us are partisans. Some of us actually judge politicians by their behavior, not their party affiliation.

I don't believe it, you never answered my questions. I repeat

"Oh really. Do you think, Crooked Hillary paid for a Russian drafted dossier against Trump? Do you think Comey was right in giving Crooked Hillary a pass, all based on "there was no intent"? If you go through a red light and an officer stops you for a violation and starts to write you up, and you say wait a minute "I didn't intend to go through that red light. OK Bob I'm sorry for stopping you, have a good day. Do you think Crooked Hillary by acid washing her hard drives and destroying 30,000 e-mails was done just for fun. Or do you think she had something to hide that would put her in jeperity with our laws."

I don't know all the details about this, first of all, because it is so boring, but I have general ideas about it. Democrats are desperate to find something criminal somehow related to the Trump campaign.

It doesn't look as if they will find anything. They arrested Roger Stone because somehow he supposedly had something to do with the wikileaks Clinton emails. And he made some kind of wrong statement, maybe because he didn't have a photographic memory for every detail.

Was the Trump campaign hoping to dig up negative information about Clinton? Probably, that is what political campaigns do.

Alan Dershowitz thinks Mueller won't find anything. He also thinks civil liberties are being threatened, regarding the Infowars ban, for example. He thinks this is all political. And the ACLU is not exactly a right-wing Christian organization.

Dershowitz thinks crimes committed by Trump will be found, but only because anyone who owns big businesses has inadvertently committed crimes.

Obama is proud of the fact that he was never investigated -- well, for one thing, the Democrats obviously weren't out to get him. And he never owned a business. So big deal.

I am not a Trump supporter. But I am seeing the president being mobbed and persecuted.

In an interview, Alan Dershowitz said backing President Donald Trump in certain cases has been harder than defending O.J. Simpson and other celebrity clients. When asked, "Is this actually worse than when you defended O.J. Simpson?" of his defense of the president, Dershowitz replied: "Of course. Or Claus von Bulow or Leona Helmsley or Michael Milken or Mike Tyson. This is much worse than all that."

If you've been paying attention to the types of clients that Alan Derschowitz has defended in his career, it's always the indefensible. He likes the challenge of taking a client that appears to be guilty just so he can show that his legal prowess is superior to prosecutors, and he has certainly won cases even when the subjects of those trials or investigations are murderers, women abusers, tax evaders or the developer of junk bonds that robbed millions of people legally.

Since the O.J. trial, I've had zero respect for this man. He'll defend Satan himself because it will bring him publicity and notoriety which is what people like him live for.

I don't believe it, you never answered my questions. I repeat

"Oh really. Do you think, Crooked Hillary paid for a Russian drafted dossier against Trump? Do you think Comey was right in giving Crooked Hillary a pass, all based on "there was no intent"? If you go through a red light and an officer stops you for a violation and starts to write you up, and you say wait a minute "I didn't intend to go through that red light. OK Bob I'm sorry for stopping you, have a good day. Do you think Crooked Hillary by acid washing her hard drives and destroying 30,000 e-mails was done just for fun. Or do you think she had something to hide that would put her in jeperity with our laws."

Yeah, I have reached my tolerance level for obtuseness. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom