• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Most Watched Cable News Programs in August Were…

jmotivator

Computer Gaming Nerd
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The Most Watched Cable News Programs in August Were… - TVNewser

"Fox News had the top 13 programs in August in total viewers, and the top 11 programs in the key adults 25-54 demo. “The O’Reilly Factor” was the number one program in cable news in both total and demo viewers, averaging 2.36 million total and 369,000 demo viewers. “The Five” and “Special Report with Bret Baier” rounded out the top three in total viewers, while in the demo “Hannity” was second and “The Five” was third."

Rachel Maddow was the first to place of the non-Fox programs coming in at #12. THis means that she is losing to Red Eye which airs on Fox News at 3:00am.

"Fox News had the top 13 programs in August in total viewers, and the top 11 programs in the key adults 25-54 demo. “The O’Reilly Factor” was the number one program in cable news in both total and demo viewers, averaging 2.36 million total and 369,000 demo viewers. “The Five” and “Special Report with Bret Baier” rounded out the top three in total viewers, while in the demo “Hannity” was second and “The Five” was third."

Rachel Maddow was the first to place of the non-Fox programs coming in at #12. THis means that she is losing to Red Eye which airs on Fox News at 3:00am.

This comes as no surprise to ANYONE with half a brain.. I like to think of myself as a fair minded person on most issues, but I can't even stomach the alphabet news and or CNN or MSNBC. The fact that anyone watches MSNBC is completely insane to me.

Tim-

Rachel Maddow is actually pretty bright. Though I disagree with her almost all of the time, she does show glimpses of insightfulness, which means she'd actually make a pretty good reporter if the she wasn't so blinded by the Left. Quite frankly, I have no idea why she hangs around that s***hole MSNBC.

Is the popularity of TV "news" programs now considered media bias? I don't see your point of bias, if there is one.

This comes as no surprise to ANYONE with half a brain.. I like to think of myself as a fair minded person on most issues, but I can't even stomach the alphabet news and or CNN or MSNBC. The fact that anyone watches MSNBC is completely insane to me.

Tim-

Yeah but their veiwership is one is the most uniformed as well. That happens when you cater to the Palin/Bachmann crowd, birthers, and racist. The only time I watched Fox was on election night that was funny as hell!! I havent laughed that hard since Billy Crystal was on SNL!

I suppose you have to crow about something; the right has the ratings on cable TV, the Left has a Democrat residing in the White House. :mrgreen:

I'd be hard pressed to call any of those "news programs".

Yeah but their veiwership is one is the most uniformed as well. That happens when you cater to the Palin/Bachmann crowd, birthers, and racist. The only time I watched Fox was on election night that was funny as hell!! I havent laughed that hard since Billy Crystal was on SNL!

Oh boy. :lol:

birthers and racists, Eh?

You are more than welcome to come to my mothers for Thanksgiving. Bunch of racist and birthers are going to be there. My stepfather actually thinks that a Beck/Palin ticket would be a good think.

Not the biggest fan of Ailes and Murdoch's politics but they are really good at what they do.

I will point out though....besides the political stance Fox News and it's success has changed 24 hour cable news in a lot of ways.

It's a lot more about opinions, it's a lot more sensational, and it includes a lot of kitschy graphics.

Murdoch is a genius when it comes to taking something boring (24 hour news) and creating a media empire.

That's his legacy and what has led to Fox New success. It's the New York Post of television.

Not to mention he spouts that "most uninformed" line of bs, that was based on 4 politically biased and irrelevant questions asked in a bogus study conducted a few years back...

But you know how it is... It doesn't have to be true, it just has to prop up their beliefs.

The dim light bulb Maddow thinks she's clever, funny and informed but doesn't realize the only reason why she has a job is because of affirmative action....

You knew what direction MSNBC was going when they booted Tucker Carlson 7-8 years ago in favor of that mega clown Maddow.

Tim-

I watch MSNBC a lot but probably CNN the most. I've never understand the notion that audience size has any bearing on accuracy, trustworthiness, etc. I will acknowledge it does represent profitability in selling advertising. I was almost going to say it represents influence too but I'm doubting that more and more since modern pundit based media is really about affirming the opinions of people already likely to hold the same views and not about reaching new people and helping them see things from another possibly better perspective; just look at the last 2 Presidential Elections.

Bandwagon: The "bandwagon" approach encourages you to think that because everyone else is doing something, you should do it too, or you'll be left out. The technique embodies a "keeping up with the Joneses" philosophy.

Recognizing Propaganda--Guide to Critical Thinking--Academic Support

So does this mean we never have to hear again about the leftwing media bias?

As an aside, I'd like to point out that people who rely on the most partisan news sources viewers are less informed than people who watch no news at all. The implication being that relying on confirmation bias can make you stupid.

Read more: STUDY: Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider
They found that someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer 1.04 domestic questions correctly compared to 1.22 for those who watched no news at all.

The problem with our society is the majority of our populace don't watch the news at all. So all they know about it is what some commercial tells them.

Popularity does not mean the programming is smarter. More people know about American Idol judges rather than their own representatives. Not exactly something to be bragging about.

So.. that every conservative only has one utterly biased channel to watch, vs the rest who have tons of different channels to watch... this result is not shocking at all. And this is cable news... the most viewed news is still network I believe no?

Popularity does not mean the programming is smarter. More people know about American Idol judges rather than their own representatives. Not exactly something to be bragging about.

Well sure, and having absolutely embarrassingly low ratings doesn't make a show smart, either.

The dim light bulb Maddow thinks she's clever, funny and informed but doesn't realize the only reason why she has a job is because of affirmative action....

You knew what direction MSNBC was going when they booted Tucker Carlson 7-8 years ago in favor of that mega clown Maddow.

Oh here comes the sexism!

By the way, doesn't this make Fox News Mainstream Media?

I can't tell if they are calling "The O’Reilly Factor" a news program or not. I certainly hope not though because it is nothing more than an opinion show and NOT a news show....

I suppose you have to crow about something; the right has the ratings on cable TV, the Left has a Democrat residing in the White House. :mrgreen:

When the GOP takes the White House, are we supposed to start praising MSLSD??? :roll:

You are more than welcome to come to my mothers for Thanksgiving. Bunch of racist and birthers are going to be there. My stepfather actually thinks that a Beck/Palin ticket would be a good think.
I'd return the favor and let you visit my older brother, an leftist aparatchik who absolutely hates "niggers", and thinks Che and Hillary would make a grand ticket for the left, if only Che wasn't dead. I believe he'll be serving crow for Thanksgiving.

When the GOP takes the White House, are we supposed to start praising MSLSD??? :roll:
Absolutely, even though it's just a microdot on the screen, or the Sacrement of the Neo-American Church, or the purple haze on your screen, or....

Perhaps liberals just don't watch any news programs at all?
That would explain why no one watches the lame stream media?

Back
Top Bottom