• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Most Watched Cable News Programs in August Were…

This doesn't surprise me. If there's one thing conservatives tend to love, it's some good old-fashioned self-affirmation, and Fox News provides that in spades.

Not the biggest fan of Ailes and Murdoch's politics but they are really good at what they do.

I will point out though....besides the political stance Fox News and it's success has changed 24 hour cable news in a lot of ways.

It's a lot more about opinions, it's a lot more sensational, and it includes a lot of kitschy graphics.

Murdoch is a genius when it comes to taking something boring (24 hour news) and creating a media empire.

That's his legacy and what has led to Fox New success. It's the New York Post of television.
Liberals trash Fox News but they never miss watching it.

This doesn't surprise me. If there's one thing conservatives tend to love, it's some good old-fashioned self-affirmation, and Fox News provides that in spades.

Fox News has as many Liberals on as they do Conservative.

I always wanted to see Rachel Maddow but every time I turn on her show, Keanu Reeves is hosting.

I suppose you have to crow about something; the right has the ratings on cable TV, the Left has a Democrat residing in the White House. :mrgreen:

Having a narcissist and an incompetent Democrat sitting in the White House is nothing to gloat about.

So does this mean we never have to hear again about the leftwing media bias?

As an aside, I'd like to point out that people who rely on the most partisan news sources viewers are less informed than people who watch no news at all. The implication being that relying on confirmation bias can make you stupid.

Read more: STUDY: Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider

There were a few problems with that study, one being that 1/3 of those who watch Fox News identify themselves as being liberals. But the biggest problem with the study and wasn't revealed, they polled those who watch Fox News commentary programs like O'Reilly and Hannity, not their news programing. For some strange liberal reason, Professor Dan Cassino who was behind the study wasn't able to distinguish news programing from commentary programming. Maybe he isn't that stupid, just was dishonest and had an agenda ?

If Mr. Cassino would have polled the Comedy Channel the same way he polled Fox News, instead of polling those who watched the Daily Show he should have polled those who watched South Park instead.

But to go a little further, TRR has reproduced some of the actual data from FDU PublicMind Poll below to illustrate the serious flaw in their methodology and believing a study such as this, is the type of thing that will truly render a person, stupid.
: Unscientific Rubbish: Fox News Makes You Stupid? FDU’s Data and Methodology are an Incoherent Mess | The Reactionary Researcher Blog

Rachel Maddow is actually pretty bright.
That's not the impression I get. She seems to have very poor logical reasoning skills which is and indication of a low IQ.

If Liberals don't watch Fox, what else could they be watching? The Liberal news talk shows have comparatively no viewers at all. All of the Liberal radio stations have gone bankrupt.

The comedy channel maybe. A lot of them think that pop culture entertainment/gossip shows are actually news. They also have strange, unknown Internet sites and blogs they get all hot eyed about. They like the HBO sexual shows and Bill Maher.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom