• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:910] THE MOST POWERFUL EVIDENCE FOR GOD: PERSONAL TESTIMONIES

"Assumed" - perhaps, that's the keyword?
Many atheists here had assumed they are atheists - but their responses suggest they're more agnostics!
Atheists and agnostics are the same thing. Most always.

Some speak of "hard atheists" vs. "soft atheists"... but I'm not much into the nomenclature game.

Of course, they can also be wrong.
But - who's to decided that a person's experience is wrong? YOU?

You're still missing the point. The logic is going over your head.
That you believe his experience is not true.......................... is irrelevant.
That you doubt his interpretation of his experience, is irrelevant.

What matters is that......................................... to the person who's had the experience - it was a powerful evidence TO HIM, which made him believe.

So what? Lots of personal experiences of other persons mage them NOT “believe”. Your entire thread really doesn’t have much of a point other than that people have personal experiences. Yes, we all know that.

Irrelevant to this thread.

Create your own thread for that. Then we can analyze what you're on about.
Please quit whining. It is perfectly appropriate to discuss the personal experience of ANYONE in this thread. If you can’t carry your part of the discussion, just give up instead of constantly whining about others.

No.

This thread is not meant to debate with you, in order to change your view.

This thread is just to show that people have found their own powerful evidence for God.

It's not meant to try to convince you. It could or it may not. Their own personal experience is not up for debate.
Take it or leave it.

You do know that DP and this particular forum are for discussion and debate, right? That is the whole purpose of this place, If all that you want to do is to “witness”, then find a website dedicated to Christianity. And for God’s sake, stop your constant whining about it!

OSCAR NAVARRO

😁
This site is not for teenagers. It's for adults.

Listen buddy....

This is MY thread.
MY TOPIC!

I have a say that we stay ......................ON TOPIC!

Otherwise, I'll have to report you.
And, you could get dinged.

Go ahead and make a fool of yourself by reporting someone. I dare you. You will be laughed at because you don’t seem to understand there you don’t OWN these threads, that they are available for more in-depth discussion whether you understand that or not. So put your money where your mouth is—report someone.
And in the meantime, geez, stop whining!!!!!!

Does it always have to be a debate?
If you want to debate or discuss - find some angle you can debate with................................ BUT it has to be on-topic.

It is on topic. The topic is personal testimonies. You don’t get to shut down discussion in a DISCUSSION FORUM just because you are unable to present alternative information,

It is on topic. The topic is personal testimonies. You don’t get to shut down discussion in a DISCUSSION FORUM just because you are unable to present alternative information,

I'm not shutting down RELEVANT discussion.

What do you want to discuss that's related to the OP?

See post #458.

@AmbiguousGuy

You said:
“From Preacher to Atheist: Losing Faith in Faith” by former fundamentalist preacher Dan Barker. Maybe it will open your mind to alternatives.

That's irrelervant to this thread.
This topic is about............................................ people who had personal experience that made them believe!

I told you - if you want to discuss about theists who became atheists - you have to create your own thread.
That's the opposite of my subject!

Last edited:
Irrelevant to this thread.

Create your own thread for that. Then we can analyze what you're on about.

So if testimony is so credible, a whole town full of people witnessed this miracle. Why aren't you worshipping the Lord Krishna?

Disclaimer: I have not read the entire thread, just the first two pages, so if my point has already been addressed I apologize in advance.

I don't understand how personal testimony could in any way be construed as evidence for God. Beyond the objection that subjective interpretation of events is notoriously unreliable as well as untestable or verifiable, other logical inconsistencies crop up. If one were to accept personal testimony as evidence of the Christian God, then one would also have to accept personal testimony as evidence of Allah, Ahura Mazda, Shiva, or Odin. As an atheist, I can personally testify that I have not experienced God. That's my personal testimony and should be counted as equally valid evidence.

At best, personal experience can only be "evidence" for that person. Never for anyone else.

So if testimony is so credible, a whole town full of people witnessed this miracle. Why aren't you worshipping the Lord Krishna?

Because I'm a Christian, and Jesus Christ had warned us about false teachings.
We are advised to.................TEST THE SPIRIT.

I'm not shutting down RELEVANT discussion.

What do you want to discuss that's related to the OP?

You are indeed. You clearly do not understand “off topic”. It means if someone would want to start talking about politics or science or music or TV shows instead of “personal testimony”. You are just embarrassing yourself with your constant whining about “off topic. In matter of fact, it is those comments that are actually off topic because they stray from discussing the centrality of the topic.
Fact is that not a single debate response in this thread has been “off topic” as you claim. Every single one has been a discussion of “personal testimony”. If you don’t think so, then report every single atheist in this thread for not following your dictates as to what responses MUST be made to satisfy your claims. Go ahead. I dare you. It will only mean farther embarrassment for you.

You said:
“From Preacher to Atheist: Losing Faith in Faith” by former fundamentalist preacher Dan Barker. Maybe it will open your mind to alternatives.

That's irrelervant to this thread.
This topic is about............................................ people who had personal experience that made them believe!

I told you - if you want to discuss about theists who became atheists - you have to create your own thread.
That's the opposite of my subject!

See post #468. You don’t get to shut down discussion such that only extremely narrow responses are “allows”. Please quit your whining,

Disclaimer: I have not read the entire thread, just the first two pages, so if my point has already been addressed I apologize in advance.

I don't understand how personal testimony could in any way be construed as evidence for God. Beyond the objection that subjective interpretation of events is notoriously unreliable as well as untestable or verifiable, other logical inconsistencies crop up. If one were to accept personal testimony as evidence of the Christian God, then one would also have to accept personal testimony as evidence of Allah, Ahura Mazda, Shiva, or Odin. As an atheist, I can personally testify that I have not experienced God. That's my personal testimony and should be counted as equally valid evidence.

At best, personal experience can only be "evidence" for that person. Never for anyone else.

Please refer to post #413.

There are literally billions of people on this planet who don’t give a hoot about your Jesus the Christ.

There are literally billions of people on this planet who don’t give a hoot about your Jesus the Christ.

What more can I say?
You're totally missing the point.

Bye watsup - until you've got something worth responding to.

What more can I say?

Bye watsup - until you've got something worth responding to.

I am responding directly to the statements that you are making. If you are unable to justify them, that is your problem, it mine.

What more can I say?
But you won't tell us the point.

I've asked you repeatedly: "What is the issue under debate in this thread?"

Why won't you answer that simple question? Then we can make posts on (what you claim) is the issue under debate.

So how do you know yours is not the false teaching?

I suspect it's simply because of the particular cultural mythology that you grew up with. I can't see any other reason to favor one set of eyewitnesses over the other. But let me know if there is.

Back
Top Bottom