• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The most important reason for the impeachment action?

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
It is been a thing to figure out why the D's in he House did impeachment. Some say that they are so delusional that they thought that they could win but then we saw that the House managers did not give a tinkers damn about changing any minds on the jury, this was conducted as a PR stunt or was the tossing of red meat to their base. Clearly tossing res meat to their rabid base was part of the plan, but their base is so exhausted, they could barely get interested. Some say that this was about "softening up" trump and if so they completely blew it,,,,and it seems like they should have known that it would not turn out well with all the chatter we heard last summer from them "Trump wants to be impeached"....seems like they should have had a clue why Trump was itching for this fight, which he has demonstrated well.

But here is why I think they did it...the real reason....the big reason......this was all about giving electors in the electoral college cover for refusing to honor the citizens vote. Probably half of these twits actually believe that the last election was not far because of Russian interference and other Mob Boss action, and a lot of the rest need to be concerned that the straight up UTOPIA agenda the radical POTUS candidates are pushing will alienate voters. Then we have all the people running around saying how hard Trump will be to beat, this after most of them spent 3 years mocking him as an incompetent even though they just watched him do what no one else has ever done which is steal a party and get a wild hair up his ass to be President....AND MAKE IT!

So OK.....Assume that Trump wins, and then remove him at the EC. We know that the only thing the left cares about is power, they dont give a damn about truth or decency or rules.....it is all about getting power right now to completely change America into their Utopian dreams , regardless of what the citizens think. We are going to UTOPIA, it has been decided. So all Hell breaking lose in America as the EC betrays the people is just part of the casualties of war they will deal with that as required..

WHADDYA THINK?

Last edited:
It is been a thing to figure out why the D's in he House did impeachment. Some say that they are so delusional that they thought that they could win but then we saw that the House managers did not give a tinkers damn about changing any minds on the jury, this was conducted as a PR stunt or was the tossing of red meat to their base. Clearly tossing res meat to their rabid base was part of the plan, but their base is so exhausted, they could barely get interested. Some say that this was about "softening up" trump and if so they completely blew it,,,,and it seems like they should have known that it would not turn out well with all the chatter we heard last summer from them "Trump wants to be impeached"....seems like they should have had a clue why Trump was itching for this fight, which he has demonstrated well.

But here is why I think they did it...the real reason....the big reason......this was all about giving electors in the electoral college cover for refusing to honor the citizens vote. Probably half of these twits actually believe that the last election was not far because of Russian interference and other Mob Boss action, and a lot of the rest need to be concerned that the straight up UTOPIA agenda the radical POTUS candidates are pushing will alienate voters. Then we have all the people running around saying how hard Trump will be to beat, this after most of them spent 3 years mocking him as an incompetent even though they just watched him do what no one else has ever done which is steal a party and get a wild hair up his ass to be President....AND MAKE IT!

So OK.....Assume that Trump wins, and then remove him at the EC. We know that the only thing the left cares about is power, they dont give a damn about truth or decency or rules.....it is all about getting power right now to completely change America into their Utopian dreams , regardless of what the citizens think. We are going to UTOPIA, it has been decided. So all Hell breaking lose in America as the EC betrays the people is just part of the casualties of war they will deal with that as required..

WHADDYA THINK?

You may be right...after all, the Dem's unwritten motto is, "The ends justify any means...no matter how corrupt."

You may be right...after all, the Dem's unwritten motto is, "The ends justify any means...no matter how corrupt."

"No matter how many need to get run over and thrown overboard along the way, this is an existential war, the destroyed are casualties of war!".

See Sig

WHADDYA THINK?

WHADDYA THINK?

I think it was all "soap opera"

America continues to decline

It was definitely the multiple crimes and the series of unethical behavior unbecoming of the office of President. Presidents have been impeached for much less.

I think it was all "soap opera"

America continues to decline

Well now there is that argument that most of us have it ass backwards..... we have it that the media is the propaganda arm of the party, but the argument has it that the party is the political arm of the media, and the media is full of recent Failed University indoctrinated new generation marxists....they who have been trained up in the DIE Religion (Diversity/Inclusion/Equity). Under this theory the media ordered up the impeachment, and when Pelosi balked they informed her on who was in charge.

It was definitely the multiple crimes and the series of unethical behavior unbecoming of the office of President. Presidents have been impeached for much less.

Evasion, the reason that usually happens is well known.

I will check back later....I understand fully the quality problems at DP these days which mirror the quality problems in America now but I am hoping that someone can offer me some insight,,,,,I am particularly wondering if someone has a killer argument that I am wrong.

I have always liked most hanging out with the free spirits who dont agree with me, intelligent of course....they are more fun than the others and I learn more from them than the others..

WIN/WIN

Well now there is that argument that most of us have it ass backwards..... we have it that the media is the propaganda arm of the party, but the argument has it that the party is the political arm of the media, and the media is full of recent Failed University indoctrinated new generation marxists....they who have been trained up in the DIE Religion (Diversity/Inclusion/Equity). Under this theory the media ordered up the impeachment, and when Pelosi balked they informed her on who was in charge.

. we have it that the media is the propaganda arm of the party, but the argument has it that the party is the political arm of the media,

I know what you mean(LOL)

I will check back later....I understand fully the quality problems at DP these days which mirror the quality problems in America now but I am hoping that someone can offer me some insight,,,,,I am particularly wondering if someone has a killer argument that I am wrong.

I have always liked most hanging out with the free spirits who dont agree with me, intelligent of course....they are more fun than the others and I learn more from them than the others..

WIN/WIN

The free spirits...

Were you kicked out of the Truth Teller Zen Rebellion Tribe?

WHADDYA THINK?
I think if enough faithless electors defected to the extent that it change the results of the election in either direction it would result in an actual civil war.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WIN/WIN
I have an alternative perspective for you. I suspect this was damage control for the democrats. Trump is trying to bite into their support with 3 groups that democrats heavily rely on in elections.
1. Suburban women
they have children in the military and generally support the person most likely to keep their children safe.
2. African Americans
He is hammering home jobs, wages, prison reform, all things that are important to the miniority communities
3. Union workers
Tariffs are their freinds and domestic manufacturing is a big deal for them
If he makes significant strides in those 3 demographics that will be catastrophic for the Democrat party. I think they made a calculated decision to convince those people that it would be immoral for them to vote for their self interests. Democrats are in jeapordy of losing what they once considered safe districts.
If Trump continues to have sucess and the country is happy with him the demovrats are going to end up in the back seat for the next 8 years. Trump will get elected and the next gop who will run on continuing his sucessful policies will get at least 1 term out of it.
I think thats the game that democrats are trying to defend against.
What i wonder is how well did it work. The polls have moved slightly in favor of Trump but have basically remained static. I think thats a win for the Democrats. They are trying to keep their base from defecting.

WHADDYA THINK?

I get this part of your post... I think I may get the gist of the first part

in any case, I tend to think the Ds just wanted a dark cloud over Trump... you know... put Q marks in the minds of the voters.. ("He was acquitted but... hmmmm.. Could he actually be guilty of something impeach-worthy just the same?? hmmmmmmmmmm")

I LOL finding out that his approval ratings went UP right after the impeachment debacle ended--maybe even b4??

I get this part of your post... I think I may get the gist of the first part

in any case, I tend to think the Ds just wanted a dark cloud over Trump... you know... put Q marks in the minds of the voters.. ("He was acquitted but... hmmmm.. Could he actually be guilty of something impeach-worthy just the same?? hmmmmmmmmmm")

I LOL finding out that his approval ratings went UP right after the impeachment debacle ended--maybe even b4??
How much higher would his approval ratings be if they had not impeached him is what i wonder about. I think looking at his approval rating in a vacuum is a mistake. More than just the impeachment influences it.

WHADDYA THINK?

There are 2 super easy reasons off the top of my head......

A) So the history books tag trump as one of only 3 presidents to be impeached by congress..

See even from a conservative view of reality, the liberal Illuminati runs all the scientists, academia , computer programmers, Hollywood, exc... right??

Guess who writes the history books lol???

There is no scenario where our children and grandchildren will not consider trump and his supporters an embarrassment..

Just imagine those who read his transcripts NEXT TO OTHER PRESIDENTS later?!?!

BWAHAHAHAHA

“I’m the greatest person ever, I am just the smartest person... everyone tells me I’m sooo smart. Confefe”

Lol

Future generations will think he was retarded..

B) just to release as much data on trumps malfeasance to the public as possible..

No impeachment trial means none of the witness statements and stuff are official public record..

Just wait till future generations read that trump and the gop said...

“It is perfectly fine for the president to US the federal government to pressure foreign nations to attack his political opponents?!?!”

Lol... that is a precedence that is guaranteed to suck for everyone later..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much higher would his approval ratings be if they had not impeached him is what i wonder about. I think looking at his approval rating in a vacuum is a mistake. More than just the impeachment influences it.

None......

No one is undecided about trump...

I would bet my whole pay check that not .0002% more Americans support trump today , relative to his election..

That is the bad part about such a well known and controversial candidate...

Everyone already “knows” them and no one is changing their opinion...

I have not seen ONE celebrity/regular type person swap to being a trump supporter.

Evasion, the reason that usually happens is well known.

What crime did Andrew Johnson commit??

None..

Lincoln chose a conservative pro-slavery running mate (Johnson) who didn’t agree with him on anything but secession as a show of bi-partisanship..

So after he was assassinated that left Johnson as a fairly hard right conservative as president, with a very liberal Republican Party..

That is why he was impeached... not a crime. Just him being too out of step with the rest of the government and American people.

None......

No one is undecided about trump...

I would bet my whole pay check that not .0002% more Americans support trump today , relative to his election..

That is the bad part about such a well known and controversial candidate...

Everyone already “knows” them and no one is changing their opinion...

I have not seen ONE celebrity/regular type person swap to being a trump supporter.

Kanye West is unknown to you?

WHADDYA THINK?
Just for your edification, it's tinker's dam, not damn. I think most people agree that Trump did something that would have gotten Obama impeached and removed. We now know that senate Republicans are unredeemablely corrupt.

One person..lol and a crazy person at thAt lol

I think that is still well below my 00002%. Lol

Last edited:

Also....

Just as the normal trend..

Presidents do not get more popular as their term continues.. usually their higher approval ratings are before their actions started pissing some portion of their voters off..

It is the back up quarterback dynamic.. the sky is the limit before they officially get the job..

There are short term exceptions... bush after 911..but it usually goes away before long..

Just for your edification, it's tinker's dam, not damn. I think most people agree that Trump did something that would have gotten Obama impeached and removed. We now know that senate Republicans are unredeemablely corrupt.

For sure?!?!

The left will bail on someone instantly for some BS principle that doesn’t even make sense...

Aka al franken while the gop/trump went to bat for Roy Moore

One person..lol and a crazy person at thAt lol

I think that is still well below my 00002%. Lol

Way to move the goal posts. You said you didnt know ofnany celeberities that openly switched to endorsing Trump. Now you want to twlk about your dumb claim that Trump will get less than 13k new votes. I will be happy to take your welfare check if younreally want yo bet on it.

Edited my math was off the real number is only 13k

Back
Top Bottom