• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The most humane form of death penalty?

Datamonkee said:
Oh, I agree with you.. I think executions should be pay-per-view, and the proceeds should go to the very prison system that holds the execution. Murderers, rapist, nor child molestors deserve no human consideration or dignity.

How would making it a paper view event be public?These things should be free and it should be a like a public service annoucnement on TV with messages that say "If you murder a innocent person, this will happen to you and crime does not pay"

How about a baseball bat with a blunt nail?......

Or make em watch reruns of Oprah!

Next on Oprah, The moon, my a$$ which is bigger?

cherokee said:
Or make em watch reruns of Oprah!

Next on Oprah, The moon, my a$$ which is bigger?

That would be considered extream cruelty.

I think the best idea is just to lock the criminals up in a cell with no windows or light or human contact for the rest of there lives.

Naughty Nurse said:
Of course it is. Good family entertainment, in fact.
I don’t like you. I don’t like your picture. Who was your photographer?! I don’t like how you are dressing. What thrift shop you got your hat from? It is completely out of my taste.
But ….I don’t know how to say it better than you did.. Only in front of all the public. On all TV channels. Including Family Channels. Look at it and face it. Don’t hide behind. Or don’t do it.

Che said:
I think the best idea is just to lock the criminals up in a cell with no windows or light or human contact for the rest of there lives.

Hey, we agree!

there is no "humane" way to kill a person. humane is defined as merciful or compassionate; death is neither of these. how do we know that firing squad isnt really less painful than lethal injection? the only people that have any insight on the matter are dead.

Naughty Nurse said:
Personally I think the death penalty is inhumane and uncivilised.

Personally I think you're a moron who doesnt know what their talking about.

Ryuken said:

Really? How interesting. :roll:

Ryuken said:
Moderator's Warning:

Please take a moment to review the Forum Rules. In particular, #3:

3. Flaming -
In a forum with sensitive topics such as this, derogatory flaming is bound to happen. Common sense will prevail, yet this is not an invitation to flame. e.g. You stupid *****ing moron is completely unacceptable and could lead to a suspension of posting privileges.
If you find your self forcibly compelled to resort to name-calling and other taunts, please avail yourself of The Basment where such things are more easily tolerated.

SWM

Well techically i didnt say "you stupid ******* moron. I said MORON. And I was running out of time for my initial message i wrote...hit back and it wasn't there, and bell rang...I apologize.

But really, I think that the death penalty is perfectly fine. I dont care if people say that its inhumane, it was inhumane of the people getting the death penalty to kill someone. Oh boy, look at me, I just killed someone, please dont do the same thing to me. Its humane that we dont shoot them on the spot and hang them, or maybe slit thier wrists.

okay so lets see...

original convict murders someone.
he gets the chair - now the person who turned on the current is a murderer.
so in a perfectly fair world, he also gets the chair for murder.
now whoever turns the current on during his execution is also guilty of murder.
and the cycle goes on and on, until someone decides to commit suicide.

clone said:
there is no "humane" way to kill a person. humane is defined as merciful or compassionate; death is neither of these. how do we know that firing squad isnt really less painful than lethal injection? the only people that have any insight on the matter are dead.

People who have been shot know how it feels. Yes, some have been shot in the head and still live, they know how painful it is. Lethal injection...Ask a drug user how needles feel. People executed arent the only ones that have that stuff happen to them.

Plus, you are taking "humane" out of context. You know very well what people mean when they say "humane". They mean not cruel punishment, such as maybe drowning them, or gassing them in a chamber like the Nazis did.

clone said:
okay so lets see...

original convict murders someone.
he gets the chair - now the person who turned on the current is a murderer.
so in a perfectly fair world, he also gets the chair for murder.
now whoever turns the current on during his execution is also guilty of murder.
and the cycle goes on and on, until someone decides to commit suicide.

"Muder" is killing someone out of hate. A man pulling the switch for a chair is not doing it out of hate, he is doing his job, and the person in the chair deserves it.

Now if I murdered someone, it would be out of hate, not because its my job to go murder someone. Gang members have jobs to do it, but its murder. I dont care if they didnt hate that person in particular, they still killed someone. You cant compare murderers to people doing electric chairs and lethal injections, they are 2 completely opposite things.

when people die, there is proof of some endorphins being released into their system. For all we know, they could be going through a state of ecstacy while they die. We dont know. Even if we used the best scanning machines out there to see what signals the brain was recieving, we still would not be able to tell exactly what that person is feeling. There are too many variables.

Ryuken said:
"Muder" is killing someone out of hate. A man pulling the switch for a chair is not doing it out of hate, he is doing his job, and the person in the chair deserves it.

Okay, so its not murder. its manslaughter. He is still killing someone. Who are you to decide who "deserves" death and who doesnt? Laws should be standardized. If you are going to go with the "eye for an eye" rule, apply it to everyone, even the person who is "doing his job", because he is still killing someone.

John Locke stated that all men have the natural right to life. No one should be able to take that away and get away with it; not even if you're killing a serial rapist who brutally tortured and murdered thousands.

Ryuken said:
it was inhumane of the people getting the death penalty to kill someone. Oh boy, look at me, I just killed someone, please dont do the same thing to me. Its humane that we dont shoot them on the spot and hang them, or maybe slit thier wrists.

And of course with the perfect systems of justice we have, no innicent people are ever wrongfully convicted of murder. :roll:

So you want to slit the wrists of people "on the spot." How lovely.

clone said:
when people die, there is proof of some endorphins being released into their system. For all we know, they could be going through a state of ecstacy while they die. We dont know. Even if we used the best scanning machines out there to see what signals the brain was recieving, we still would not be able to tell exactly what that person is feeling. There are too many variables.

Okay, so its not murder. its manslaughter. He is still killing someone. Who are you to decide who "deserves" death and who doesnt? Laws should be standardized. If you are going to go with the "eye for an eye" rule, apply it to everyone, even the person who is "doing his job", because he is still killing someone.

John Locke stated that all men have the natural right to life. No one should be able to take that away and get away with it; not even if you're killing a serial rapist who brutally tortured and murdered thousands.

So what your saying is that if I murdered someone you loved by torturing killing them slowly, you'd still want me to live? Something is seriously wrong with you if you want murderers to live. Countless times they've been sentenced to prison, where they got parole and went out and killed other people. They are not fit to live, they're animals...and sons of bitches that need to die.

Naughty Nurse said:
And of course with the perfect systems of justice we have, no innicent people are ever wrongfully convicted of murder. :roll:

So you want to slit the wrists of people "on the spot." How lovely.

No, we do not have a perfect justice system, but just because small amounts of people (hardly any compared to ones rightfully convicted) are killed wrongly, doesnt mean that we should immediately stop the death penalty and let murderers and rapists go to prison, where they can live life better than that of many good Americans, and even get parole to live life like they did before, without any chance of death. I could go murder you, without any worry of death myself, because I am a good human being that just murdered someone. Hell, maybe I'll get out of prison and do it again to someone else.

Do you watch Americas Most Wanted?No? I guessed as much. Most of the cases on there are cases where someone got parole and went out and murdered more people, and have now escaped and are living out there, waiting to kill more. It could be you next for all you know.

Also, you seem to have a bad habit of taking things out of context. I never said that we should slit their wrists, I merely said "be glad we dont" because we actually do humane forms of execution.. How about you actually READ my posts before you look at one phrase and try to form it into something else.

Last edited:
Ryuken said:
No, we do not have a perfect justice system, but just because small amoiunts of people (hardly any compared to ones rightfully convicted) are killed wrongly, doesnt mean that we should immediately stop the death penalty and let murderers and rapists go to prison, where they can live life better than that of many good Americans, and even get parole to live life like they did before.

Just ONE innocent person executed degrades your country.

Ryuken said:
Also, you seem to have a bad habit of taking things out of context. I never said that we should slit their wrists, I merely said "be glad we dont". How about you actually READ before you make accusations to make yourself look good.

You're misquoting yourself there!! But I take your point.

Naughty Nurse said:
Just ONE innocent person executed degrades your country.

But then again, letting killers go free also degrades your country, a lot more than killing a few innocent people. Plus, I'm pretty positive that every country in the world has done that (killed innocent people, knowingly or unknowingly). We kill them unknowingly, so its not like we're a country that goes out and kill people for the hell of it. Take China for example. Shot in the back of the head for nothing. Every country CANNOT be perfect, only do the best that they can.

America does the best that it can, and thats more than I can say for 3rd world countries of the world.

Naughty Nurse said:
You're misquoting yourself there!! But I take your point.

You posted right before I fixed that a little. Yea, I didnt go back and check my quote exactly, but its the same thing as I said previously in that. Check the fixed one....

Last edited:
I would have to agree with Naughty Nurse. An innocent person being executed or going to prision is very sad.

Many that live deserve death; but some that died deserved life.-Gandalf

I would want to be executed, should I ever have to be executed and I could choose the manner, by firing squad. You die pretty quick from getting shot int the chest and head multiple times. I have heard they use firing squad as to not pin the execution on one person.

I am for the death penalty for several reasons: It deters criminials; is more humane than life in prision, and Is cheaper. Plus, murderers and terrorists and child rapists deserve death. Crime rates were lower back in the days of death penalty. I realize there still is a death penalty, but it is not used near as often as it should be.

Judge said:
I would have to agree with Naughty Nurse. An innocent person being executed or going to prision is very sad.

It's unavoidable, there is no way to tell exactly if they are innocent or not, the lie detector tests arent perfect either. At least for every thousands of people executed here, theres only 1 or 2 killed wrongly...Unlike most other countries.

Judge said:
I Crime rates were lower back in the days of death penalty. I realize there still is a death penalty, but it is not used near as often as it should be.

I expect crime rates probably were lower in the past. But is there any proof that this relates directly to the death penalty?

Last edited:
Uh..read other topics on here, has facts aboutm Saudi Arabia having almost no murders because they swiftly kill people if they murder someone. Also, with the Mafia, where gang members are killed often, they dont like to double cross their leader for fear of death. Its one of the more recent ones, and their good points.

Also, do you have any proof that it doesnt relate directly to the death penalty.

Last edited:
Why would you want it to be humane? The whole point is to punish and deter others.

"Humane" death penalty is expensive as hell. A bullet in the head or a 10 cent machete knife would do the trick. And afterwards the state could sell the organs and make it a productive industry, nothing should go to waste.

DD7 said:
Why would you want it to be humane? The whole point is to punish and deter others.

"Humane" death penalty is expensive as hell. A bullet in the head or a 10 cent machete knife would do the trick. And afterwards the state could sell the organs and make it a productive industry, nothing should go to waste.

Great point.We should not give two shits what is and is not humane for these vermin.

Ryuken said:
Uh..read other topics on here, has facts aboutm Saudi Arabia having almost no murders because they swiftly kill people if they murder someone.

Saudi Arabia is world apart from the Western world. Are you suggesting we implement a draconian theocracy here in the states?

Back
Top Bottom