• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The most humane form of death penalty?

Originally posted by ngdawg
Yo, Bill! pittsBERG??

DUDE! it's PITTSBURGH!!!
I know that. I can't capitulate everything to Navy Pride.

You guys just don't understand.

The dealth penalty isn't supposed to be, "humane." That's why it's the dealth penalty.

If some viscious, sick, and demonic sociopath murders children, why are we concerned with how humane our form of punishment is on him? What about the victims? What about the crying mothers and fathers that will never see their children go to their first proms, graduate highs school, or get married?

Punishment for crimes isn't supposed to be a freakin country club experience, for Christ Sakes.

George_Washington said:
You guys just don't understand.

The dealth penalty isn't supposed to be, "humane." That's why it's the dealth penalty.

If some viscious, sick, and demonic sociopath murders children, why are we concerned with how humane our form of punishment is on him? What about the victims? What about the crying mothers and fathers that will never see their children go to their first proms, graduate highs school, or get married?

Punishment for crimes isn't supposed to be a freakin country club experience, for Christ Sakes.

Well said, GW. I couldn't agree with you more!

Death is a release, not a punishment.

Having said that, I vote for 800lbs of TNT. Some monsters humanity just can not deal with nor risk keeping around.

Child-rapists......kill them all, let God sort them out.

SKILMATIC said:
Screw that. I want to give them pain. I wish we could torture them before they die. That way they will regret what they did and so will everyone esle. People will think twice before committing the crime. We have crime problems because we make the way out too easy. I say crucify them with more pain. There should be no death row, no repeal, and no time. When you get convicted you should be taken out to the last place you will live. Then let the fun begin. HAHAHAHAHA!

Maybe now criminals will get the hint.

As for child rapers we should stick 2by4's up their a$$es. :rofl

I totally agree with SKILMATIC. Criminals that are sentenced to death should endure a 30 day torture regimant 5 times per day for at least 2 hrs per day until their exicution. The exicution should be at least a bullet to the head, but nothing more "humane." Humane? Now isn't that an interesting word.

TimmyBoy said:
Yeah, I would have to agree with Naughty Nurse, that their is no humanity in the death penalty.

How can you say its not humane when "say" the person they killed was horribly raped beaten then killed because that doesnt sound very humane to me. Any way if you don't think its humane why should it b why should they get any better then the person they killed?

George_Washington said:
What about the victims? What about the crying mothers and fathers that will never see their children go to their first proms, graduate highs school, or get married?

But killing the killer will bring the child back? We all die. If someone were to kill any of my family/friends I'd want them to face solitary confinement for the rest of their life.

George_Washington said:

I think an 8x8 room with no wndows, no tv, no books and nothing more than a suicide-proof cot and toilet is an adequate dwelling for the murderers/pedophiles/lowest scum of society. Again, YMMV.

Maybe a one-way intercom where they can be insulted, cursed and mocked too.

I think an 8x8 room with no wndows, no tv, no books and nothing more than a suicide-proof cot and toilet is an adequate dwelling for the murderers/pedophiles/lowest scum of society. Again, YMMV.

Maybe a one-way intercom where they can be insulted, cursed and mocked too.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me!!!! i dont know if you know this but almost all cells now have color tv with cable even solitary confinment also if you think they cant have books and stuff like that your wrong they can have anything approved by the state. and if you think solitary is just sitting in your cell no they can still go out and work out and go to the little yard or whatever idk what its called but they must be by themselves.

bushrules91 said:
Are you kidding me!!!! i dont know if you know this but almost all cells now have color tv with cable even solitary confinment also if you think they cant have books and stuff like that your wrong they can have anything approved by the state. and if you think solitary is just sitting in your cell no they can still go out and work out and go to the little yard or whatever idk what its called but they must be by themselves.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the luxuries enjoyed by societies' scum. I was offering my POV on an appropriate dwelling for these individuals.

Busta said:
Death is a release, not a punishment.

Having said that, I vote for 800lbs of TNT. Some monsters humanity just can not deal with nor risk keeping around.

Child-rapists......kill them all, let God sort them out.

What about torcher? That is a pretty cruel method of punishment. I would gladly volunteer for the job of torchering.

@_girL........ said:
What about torcher? That is a pretty cruel method of punishment. I would gladly volunteer for the job of torchering.

And how would you feel if later it was proved that the convicted "criminal" was actually innocent?

Naughty Nurse said:
And how would you feel if later it was proved that the convicted "criminal" was actually innocent?

What about people who are obviously guilty of their crime like Osama Bin Laden,Saddam and othe people who are obviously guilty?

jamesrage said:
What about people who are obviously guilty of their crime like Osama Bin Laden,Saddam and othe people who are obviously guilty?

I prefer to let a thousand guilty men rot in jail than risk killing one innoccent person.

Naughty Nurse said:

Those are special cases, but anyways, if there is no reasonable doubt that the person is guilty, then hey, Im for it. If there is any doubt what so ever, then of course I wouldn't torture someone like that, no fun.

Naughty Nurse said:
I prefer to let a thousand guilty men rot in jail than risk killing one innoccent person.

Like the thousands of peopel that they have already killed? With keeping them in jail, there is a chance of them escaping or somehow becoming free, would you like to risk that?

There is no humane way of executing someone, you Bush supporting fascists. Every day, innocent murderers are put to death by the Bush crime family. Murderers are really good people, who just make a mistake and kill a bunch of people once in a while. A more fit punishment would be sentencing these people to 2 weeks of community service, and taking special classes on why killing people is moderately bad. Murderers are great members of society and deserve the same rights as non-murderers.

The Real McCoy said:
The most humane form of death penalty?

Which is it, folks? Gas chamber? Lethal injection? Firing squad? Electric chair? Guillotine? Hanging? Crusifixtion? Burning at the stake?

Personally, I think lethal injection.

I would say whichever is quickest. ;)

In all honesty the death penalty is not humane for it is never "humane" to take a person's life. That doesn't mean that the death penalty isn't necessary. Call me a romantic...but I favor the guillotine or firing squad. :smile:

Guilliotine is the best option. Why? Few moving parts, thus, very unlikely to malfunction. Never heard of anyone ever surviving it, and it does make a very dramatic statement.
Kind of messy, but, in reality, it is the most painless method available, as well as being foolproof.
Hanging people is nice, but, as I've said before, there are mitigating factors that can cause problems.
If the knot is not perfect, or the person's throat is exceptionally thick, then you get a twitcher. Hangings would be a lot like NASCAR. Boring as hell to watch, but then something goes wrong and everyone is talking about it for days.

Blue Collar Joe said:
Guilliotine is the best option. Why? Few moving parts, thus, very unlikely to malfunction. Never heard of anyone ever surviving it, and it does make a very dramatic statement.
Kind of messy, but, in reality, it is the most painless method available, as well as being foolproof.
Hanging people is nice, but, as I've said before, there are mitigating factors that can cause problems.
If the knot is not perfect, or the person's throat is exceptionally thick, then you get a twitcher. Hangings would be a lot like NASCAR. Boring as hell to watch, but then something goes wrong and everyone is talking about it for days.

Actually, as with the French Revolution, many people survived the first chop due to poor maintenance of the guillotine. As long as the upkeep is properly administered, the guillotine is quick, but it was more designed for show than for justice. If you want a graphic way to execute people, you could not have picked a more perfect medium, short of draw and quartering people.

True, but I was going off todays technology. It would be very easy now, to make a razor sharp guillotine that would end the problem in one fell swoop. No possible way to survive.

Blue Collar Joe said:
True, but I was going off todays technology. It would be very easy now, to make a razor sharp guillotine that would end the problem in one fell swoop. No possible way to survive.

It would quick and painless and therefore not cruel.

jamesrage said:
It would quick and painless and therefore not cruel.

Actually, the argument then becomes the total lack of dignity left to the executed, and that the state is flaunting death in order to maximize media attention. Guillotine is just a bit messy and graphic.

Datamonkee said:
Actually, the argument then becomes the total lack of dignity left to the executed,

Dignity? The murderer deserves no dignity.

and that the state is flaunting death in order to maximize media attention. Guillotine is just a bit messy and graphic.

As far as I am concerned they can do it behind closed doors,it does not have to be public,although it would be a better deterant if it was done in public.

jamesrage said:
Dignity? The murderer deserves no dignity.

As far as I am concerned they can do it behind closed doors,it does not have to be public,although it would be a better deterant if it was done in public.

Oh, I agree with you.. I think executions should be pay-per-view, and the proceeds should go to the very prison system that holds the execution. Murderers, rapist, nor child molestors deserve no human consideration or dignity.

Back
Top Bottom