• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The most humane form of death penalty?

The Real McCoy said:
A man inherits 10 million dollars... he donates 99% of it to charities, homeless shelters, etc. He was one of the most honest men to walk the face of the Earth and if he ever let a lie slip, he'd always fess up to it. He never drank, never smoked, never had sex til he was married. Never stole anything, never intentionally harmed someone and refused to kill even the most annoying fly. He was always willing to help anyone in need no matter who they were. This man had understandable doubts about the divinity of Christ and the Bible but he believed in a higher power somewhere. He died peacefully but then found out he was to be tortured and tormented in indescribable pain for eternity with no hope of escape.

Another man started smoking crack at the age of 18. He started to steal from strangers, then his friends and then his family, lying to all of them to save his ass. He eventually killed his parents and then went on a streak where he raped/murdered 5 people. One of them was a 7 year old girl. He forced her to watch him rape and burn her parents alive and then he ate her alive. He was eventually caught by police and sentenced to death row. He started reading the Bible and the day before his execution he fell on his knees, believing in Christ and asking forgivness. The man was executed by lethal injection and he went heaven, spending eternity in blissful paradise where he'd never have any worries ever again.

According to Busta and 'GodisWholly', the crack addict would be the only wretch who would have 'eternal salivation'.

Somehow these guys know just what God would do. I wonder why??

haha!!

"Man has given a false importance to death. Every animal, plant or man
that dies adds to natures' compost heap; becomes the manure of which
nothing can grow, nothing can be created. Death is simply part of the
process. Every death, even the cruelest death, drowns in the total
indifference of nature. This passionless spectator, this unbreakable
us face that can break everything........Nature teaches man to fight
for his own happiness, and if he must kill to gain that happiness well
then murder is natural. Haven't we always crushed down those that are
weaker than ourselves?"" --- The Marquis de Sade

Busta said:
Kal-el;
"Dude, there are probably thousands of religions saying, come follow me- going by your "faith", you would follow any of them."
That statement is proof that you do not have even the most fundamental understanding or comprehension of what you claim to oppose.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of my faith.
See my sig.

K- "Well, if he is an "all knowing" god, he would know we would suffer, right?"
Right.

K- "Then since he is "omnipotent" and can do anything, he must be evil, to take pleasure in our suffering, and not stopping it."
That would be correct if God took pleasure in our suffering. But since He doesn't, it isn't.

K- "He designed us to?"
We were set up so as to be capable of choosing our own path. God knew what was going to happen, and He knew it needed to happen, so He let it happen.

K- "So, I guess a perfect entity, created an imperfect human, correct?"
If by "imperfect" you mien less than God, then yes. If you mien "imperfect" as in flawed relative to our purpose, then no. We were made perfectly relative to our purpose and function.....which is to become perfect relative to God.

K- "He must be vengeful then, for if he is "all-knowing", he would know that we would suffer from sinning, and doing nothing in the way to help, just sit back and watch, he must not be "all powerful" because if he is, he gets off on watching us suffer. That's insane to think that a divine entity, in control of everything, is like that."
Good thing I don't believe in a God like that.
That post is further proof that you do not have even the most fundamental understanding of what you claim to oppose.
See my sig.

K- "But why do people feel the need to engage in marriage?"
It is a basic operation of the human Psyche.

K- "It's like it's expected, or something."
It's not a requirement, no.

K- "You cannot unite 2 living individuals by signing a binding contract."
Exactly.
Marriage is so much more than a "strictly legal contract".

K- "People change. You can't deny it- it's a fact of life. Just because you love someone now, who's to say you'll feel the same way 30 or 40 years down the road?"
Righteous marriage brings a deeper love and appreciation between man and wife. Yes, you do change....for the better.....unless you give up.

K- "Me, personally, I feel perfectly content, actually happy not being owned by a single person."
And there is nothing wrong with that at all.

K- "Quasi Crystals don't prove a "supernatural" entity exists...."
It wasn't presented as "proof" that a supernatural entity exists. It was presented as evidence of the higher reality, or frequency, or dimantion that said God would primarily operate.
See the difference?
Proof of God -vs- evidence of a higher reality.

K- You might want to be careful when you say "science cannot prove anything"- Science has proven allot of things. We cannot see the wind, yet science has proven it to exist. We can't see gravity, yet it is a reality, thanks to science. Science has proven that Diabetes is a genetic (in most cases) illness, and can trace it back.
I learned that science can not absolutely (I said) prove anything from Mikkel when I challenged him to prove the theory of evolution (origin of the species) and he could not.

K- "How can he be the very thing he created that he cannot lift?"
That is explained in the links that I provided.

K- "If he is "omnipresent" then he has to be everywhere, correct?"
Correct.

K- "Then, he can't intervene (in prayers) in any one place, hence he's not "all powerful"."
It is precisely because He is omnipresent that he is capable of answering any one or many prayers simultaneously at any place(s) at any time(s). He can do this because He is all powerfull.

K- "If he does intervene somewhere, he's not "omnipresent.""
Intervention is not a requirement of presence. If God does not intervene, there is a just reason for it.

K- "And that is????? There's no logic behind "blind faith", as faith actually requires supporting evidence."
Reread my previous posts. While you're at it, read the links I provided too.

K- Correct, if the obvious is logical.
Exactly.

K- "As you should know, the earth is a closed system, hence it allows no energy in, just radiation from the sun. So, I guess by breaking through our atmosphere, god is indeed breaking laws of physics."
More like He's using laws of phisics that we haven't discovered yet.

K- "Why not? According to you guys, he already shows emotion, hence "loving"."
What "you guys". I'm the only one sitting at my computer, I don't go to church......who are you talking about?

K- "I guess he has emotions, since he must hate innocent victims of atrocities. If you say he answers your prayers, why not the innocents? Why favor some and not the other?"
3rd. piece of proof that you do not know what you are talking about.
See my sig.

K- "I have rejected nothing. The only thing even remotely used as proof of anything, you give me quasi crystals."
The bible verifies itself through accurate history and fulfilled proficy. You would know this if you bothered to read what you claim too oppose.

K- "I have, and I see it's a load of ****. It's rather funny reading those stories."
4th. proof that you do not know what you are talking about.

K- "Dude, this is just a timely convince, that's all. Not a big conspiracy here."
One of many thing that thousands of years ago the bible said would happen.
Again, you are summarily dismissing actual, physical, tangable proof.
Your posts are no better than 'reborns' who dismiss scientific evidence of evolution.

And they call me illogical.

K- "If George Bush requests that all citizens mark 666 on their right hands, I'll believe you, but for now, it's more wishful thinking."
I said "a Roman Jew from either the U.N or the E.U." not a Caucasian Methodist from the U.S.

The fool hath said in his heart, "There is no God."

But God never argues with a fool. God's book was not written for fools. It does not appeal to fools.

God says: "Come now, let us reason together." Isa. 1:10, but fools do not reason. They throw all reason and evidence to the winds.

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament showeth his handiwork." And with such evidence -- reasonable evidence -- at hand, the divine writer says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Gen. 1:1.

And we take it from there. "He that cometh to God must believe that he is and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb. 11:6.

Fools do not enjoy or entertain evidence, nor a logical and reasonable weighing of facts and evidence. The idea of diligently seeking God is not for them. They have no desire to "feel after him and find him, though he be not far from every one of us; for in him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:27, 28.

Two things are clearly evident:

First, God and the Bible do not appeal to fools, and second, fools do not appeal to God and the Bible.

Are you daily making your appeal to God for light, wisdom and guidance?

Or, do you just go along as if there were no God?

I look forward to the day when you are open to obvious, factual, tangable evidence and seek knowledge and wisdom. Perhaps then you and I can host an exchange of ideas.

Allow me to interpret: God gave men will so they can screw up and find 'HIM' -- that way they will KNOW that "HE' is the ultimately coolest dude of all and then they can live together in Heaven and have sex or play golf or something.

It's all just a lie so that people can feel better about themselves and to try and make sense of this mess. But the REALITY is that we exist in a Universe that is MUCH more complex than the trite sophomoric moral ramblings of the Bible could ever dream up. We live in a Universe in which ANYTHING is possible, so simpletons choose religion and ancient rantings when they've given up. When they have been able to go on no more using their own good judgement and they wish to have it all just END. And end it does. Religious people can't dream, because they think they already KNOW what the 'Truth' is, and why dream at all?

To me, it's a very fatalistic view of the a Universe that is already perfect without silly superstition, and GOD is much more than all of that. There IS no 'prize' at the end of this lifetime so you better grab what you can from this one, and become incredibly hedonistic -- GRAB your pleasure!! ;->)) THAT is what life is for -- smell the roses, drink from the fountain. Cuz it's better to be getting drunk ON life than from passing out and crying FROM life.
"Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as secrets to reveal. A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh." Leonard Cohen

God-Is-Holy said:
Now you're just being hypocritical.

Did you ask? I don't recall that you had asked.

Another silly response. Try again. You apparently feel that the world needs to prove itself to you, young lad.

Try defining what god actaully is, before you spew rabid nonsense.:lol: Uhh, no not the world, I just am in the habit of asking for proof, not going on faith all the time. If you didn't ask for proof, you or anyone for that matter, could claim anything. Like I said before, if someone said they were abducted by a UFO, you would ask for proof, right? Or would you just beleive them, or have faith?

sissy-boy said:

There IS no 'prize' at the end of this lifetime so you better grab what you can from this one

Correct, IMO it is rather simplistic not to mention, naive to think something better awaits us when we die. IMO we need to make the most of this life, because it could be the only one we may have. There is no "pot of gold" at the end of the rainbow.

Busta said:
That statement is proof that you do not have even the most fundamental understanding or comprehension of what you claim to oppose.

What? I think that was a rather correct assesment of your 'faith.'

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of my faith.
See my sig.

*One only becomes mad at others for what they, them selves, are guilty of.
*You can always tell what a Liberal is up too because they accuse you of doing it.
*Only those who are not comfortable in their own mind will seek to silence others.
*If guns kill people, then I can blame bad spelling on my keyboard.

That says nothing about your faith, just that you are a Republican.LOL

We were set up so as to be capable of choosing our own path. God knew what was going to happen, and He knew it needed to happen, so He let it happen.

Of course he knew, hence he is all knowing. He let things happen, because he couldn't stop it, hence he isn't "all powerful", or he gets his jollies from watching humanity suffer, because if he is able to stop it, but dosen't, he isn't loving, he's vindictive and bloodthirsty.

If by "imperfect" you mien less than God, then yes. If you mien "imperfect" as in flawed relative to our purpose, then no. We were made perfectly relative to our purpose and function.....which is to become perfect relative to God.

A perfect entity, can't create an imperfect being, that word imperfect is not in such an entity's vocabulary. If it is, he is not perfect.

That post is further proof that you do not have even the most fundamental understanding of what you claim to oppose.
See my sig.

Again, what does your signature have to do with the topic at hand? Alright, since you claim I'm ignorant on what I claim to oppose, I give you a full page, or so, to define god, describe his characteristics, and his nature. Have fun, I am looking forward to this.LOL

"But why do people feel the need to engage in marriage?"
It is a basic operation of the human Psyche.

What a cop-out dude. It is engraved in us as the proper thing to do, via our parents, their parents, and so on.

It's not a requirement, no.

Wow, the most intelligent thing you said thus far!LOL

Marriage is so much more than a "strictly legal contract".

Really? Ok, a public proclamation of ownership. It's kinda like slavery. You feel obligated through a piece of paper, to fulfill your vows.

Righteous marriage brings a deeper love and appreciation between man and wife. Yes, you do change....for the better.....unless you give up.

Yep. You just agreed with me. Everybody changes up to a point. The blood and cells in our body are constantly in movement, and re-organizing and dis-organizing.

"Me, personally, I feel perfectly content, actually happy not being owned by a single person."
And there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Yep. That's what I thought.:2razz:

It wasn't presented as "proof" that a supernatural entity exists. It was presented as evidence of the higher reality, or frequency, or dimantion that said God would primarily operate.
See the difference?
Proof of God -vs- evidence of a higher reality.

Evidence for a higher reality? Were you boozing it up, or something? The discovery of Quasi-crystals is modern science; physics, not proof of god vs. evidence of a higher reality.LOL

I learned that science can not absolutely (I said) prove anything from Mikkel when I challenged him to prove the theory of evolution (origin of the species) and he could not.

Because evolution is not fact. Hence, the term theory. A couple steps above creationism, or Intelligent Design. Science can merely make informed observations on natural phenomenea, and test them. Anyway, science dosen't provide proof, it is supported by evidence. See the difference?

K- "How can he be the very thing he created that he cannot lift?"
That is explained in the links that I provided.

O yes, I guess I should take Bible-thumping websites as gospel.

K- "Then, he can't intervene (in prayers) in any one place, hence he's not "all powerful"."
It is precisely because He is omnipresent that he is capable of answering any one or many prayers simultaneously at any place(s) at any time(s). He can do this because He is all powerfull.

Yea right. He can pass gas, right? Can he leave the room after it stinks? If he can, he isn't omnipresent. If he can't, there's something he cannot do.:lol:

K- "If he does intervene somewhere, he's not "omnipresent.""
Intervention is not a requirement of presence. If God does not intervene, there is a just reason for it.

Really? Why dosen't he just perform one huge miracle, to quite all the doubters? And why is he inclined to kill thousands of people, but not inclined to save anyone? If he would have saved at least 2,700 people in the attack on the Twin towers, wouldn't that be trivial to such a perfect entity?

K- "And that is????? There's no logic behind "blind faith", as faith actually requires supporting evidence."
Reread my previous posts. While you're at it, read the links I provided too.

Uhh, what are you attempting to convey here? That faith actaully does require evidence. That's an obvious lie. You wouldn't want to be known as a lier, would you?

K- Correct, if the obvious is logical.
Exactly.

Well, a supernatural god is not logical, obvious, or even reasonable. So, why are you agreeing?

"As you should know, the earth is a closed system, hence it allows no energy in, just radiation from the sun. So, I guess by breaking through our atmosphere, god is indeed breaking laws of physics."
More like He's using laws of phisics that we haven't discovered yet.

Another blasphemous claim. Why the hell would he need to use physics, or anything for that matter, because he's perfect, remember?

"Why not? According to you guys, he already shows emotion, hence "loving"."[/B]
What "you guys". I'm the only one sitting at my computer, I don't go to church......who are you talking about?

I'm talking about Bible-thumpers, if you're not one, I apologize.

"I guess he has emotions, since he must hate innocent victims of atrocities. If you say he answers your prayers, why not the innocents? Why favor some and not the other?"[/B]
3rd. piece of proof that you do not know what you are talking about.
See my sig.

Again, how is your signature relevant to the topic?

Last edited:
The bible verifies itself through accurate history and fulfilled proficy. You would know this if you bothered to read what you claim too oppose.

Accurate history?:rofl It states the universe is between 6,000 and 10,000 years old. If that's so, how come we can see stars that are light years away? If that was true, we wouldn't know other galaxies exist because it takes millions of years for light to travel here. And, how the hell is the "fictional" story of Noah's ark accurate? Don't even get me started on this.:lol: Please, the Bible just contradicts reality.

4th. proof that you do not know what you are talking about.

You have to be a rather simple-minded derelect, to take the Bible literally.LOL

One of many thing that thousands of years ago the bible said would happen.
Again, you are summarily dismissing actual, physical, tangable proof.
Your posts are no better than 'reborns' who dismiss scientific evidence of evolution.

And they call me illogical.

Yes, the Bible said, so it must be so. Dude, let me remind you that the bible was written probably 2,000 to 4,000 years ago, people back then had no knowledge of simple workings of things. How the hell do you expect someone like that to write about a scientific event accurately? It's like performing a simple little "magic trick" to a child. You know how it works, you set it up, but the child, thinks it's magic. The same could be said about the authors of the Bible. Hence, we don't see any divine tricks anymore.

The fool hath said in his heart, "There is no God."

But God never argues with a fool. God's book was not written for fools. It does not appeal to fools.

God wouldn't argue with anyone, or else he wouldn't be perfect, and actually shows emotion, anger. His book dosen't appeal to people who like to question things, and think for themselves, instead of dumbly beleiveng everything that was written.

God says: "Come now, let us reason together."Isa. 1:10, but fools do not reason. They throw all reason and evidence to the winds.

I thought he was perfect? Why would he let us, imperfect beings, reason with him?

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament showeth his handiwork." And with such evidence -- reasonable evidence -- at hand, the divine writer says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Gen. 1:1.

None of it is reasonable, you're misrepresenting the Bible. Heavens don't declare anything. Clouds can't talk.:doh

And we take it from there. "He that cometh to God must believe that he is and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb. 11:6.

Fools do not enjoy or entertain evidence, nor a logical and reasonable weighing of facts and evidence. The idea of diligently seeking God is not for them. They have no desire to "feel after him and find him, though he be not far from every one of us; for in him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:27, 28.

Are you preaching to me here, or what? You're saying only fools require evidence?:shock: If someone said they got an "A" on an exam, you would want to see the exam, if a friend said that they had a girlfriend, would you not want to see her? If someone claimed that they had Superman's powers, of course you would want to witness them in action. If I said I carried the cure for Cancer, you would want evidence; me to use it, you wouldn't just beleive me?

Two things are clearly evident:

First, God and the Bible do not appeal to fools, and second, fools do not appeal to God and the Bible.

God and the Bible do not appeal to logical people. Nor do logical, rational people feel the need to seek out a mythological figure.

Are you daily making your appeal to God for light, wisdom and guidance?

Uhh, I don't make anything to an entity that dosen't exist.

Or, do you just go along as if there were no God?

Not exactly. I have yet to see any rock solid, empiracal evidence of such a figure. He seems to be purely fictional.

I look forward to the day when you are open to obvious, factual, tangable evidence and seek knowledge and wisdom. Perhaps then you and I can host an exchange of ideas.

God is not obvious, or factual, and his existence doesn't require tangible evidence. Man, those Bible-thumper's did a number on you.LOL

Last edited:
teacher said:
I believe God created all and his son died on the cross for us. I believe God gave us free will.
Okay.

I think his answer on this is a good person is not going to hell. But many Christians say not. I've no problem with my take on God. It's the people who say only Christians will go to heaven.
And where did you get these theories? This is not what the bible says. The bible is very clear about hell.

I use as example a good person and you call him self righteous?
Okay, this guy also feels bad when he does wrong, asks forgivenss of those wronged and makes amend. He admits he's not perfect and strives to to better. He just doesn't believe in God.
Righteousness must be derived from the Holy Spirit. All are sinners otherwise.

Semantics. Fine. Same question, but instead of "your" world it's Gods world. try again.
It is God's world. Not ours.

Yes. And? Yet all sin. This guys just sins a whole lot less than most.
He must believe on Christ if he wishes to be saved from his sins.

As you interpret what man has wrote. I'm not rationalizing anything. I question how the loving compassionate forgiving God I know would send said guy to hell. Just doesn't add up.
Then you don't believe the bible. Simply admit it.

I know all this. What's that got to do with my question? You can't deal with this can you?
Apparently you can't deal with the scriptures that you've been graciously offered. Turning away from the answers in God's holy word is one of the first steps to turning away from God Himself.

teacher said:
Glad to hear it. That's why I sleep well a night. I can look God in the eye.
It's not good to run from God's word.

Last edited:
sissy-boy said:
I hate to lay it on you, but you're simply WRONG. You have an idea of God, and so do I and so does everyone else. To you, your belief is 'true' and the same for everyone else. If you think that your idea is somehow more VALID than anyone else's idea, you're simply WRONG.
On what basis? Your personal opinion?

ALL ideas of God are equally valid.
On the contrary, many distort and twist who God actually is.

No one is any more privvy to 'God's Word' than anyone else.
Bibles are readily available to any in this country who would wish to learn about God. And churches are aplenty. Just so long as they teach the bible.

We are simply all equal in this regard, no matter what your bible tells you.
God declares that we are all equally sinners. But those who continue in unrepentence will be chastised.

Luke 12
45 "But if that slave says in his heart, 'My master will be a long time in coming,' and begins to beat the slaves, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk;
46 the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces, and assign him a place with the unbelievers.
"And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes,
48 but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.
49 "I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled!
(NAS95)

God's holy will should be obvious to you.

Realize this and get over it.
Understand the word of God and work through your sins.

sissy-boy said:
You can quote scripture all day long, but it's not going to change the fact at all. Reading and quoting the bible does NOT make a person any more 'faithful' or 'faith-less'.
God's eternal word is unchanging and gives life.

The Bible really has little to do with God.
This is a ridiculous statement.

For me, it means nothing.
You've already made this fact quite apparent. But such negligence still fails to justify liberal sin.

I get my Spiritual nourishment from God, not from written texts, but I have many other texts and recordings that I use to help.
We have all we need in the bible. Demonic mystical texts will only tear one away from the truth's in God's holy word.

God has made it perfectly clear that every IDEA of God is equally valid.
And where did you read this wild theory?

Why do you think there are so many religions? OR even sects within your own christian religion??
Because people such as yourself have departed from the one true God to serve a mere image fashioned after their own natures.

kal-el said:
Try defining what god actaully is, before you spew rabid nonsense.:lol: Uhh, no not the world, I just am in the habit of asking for proof, not going on faith all the time. If you didn't ask for proof, you or anyone for that matter, could claim anything. Like I said before, if someone said they were abducted by a UFO, you would ask for proof, right? Or would you just beleive them, or have faith?
God is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, and omnigood. Eternally infinite and infinitely eternal. Just and holy, compassionate and gracious.

God-Is-Holy said:
teacher said:
Okay.

And where did you get these theories? This is not what the bible says. The bible is very clear about hell.

Apparently you can't deal with the scriptures that you've been graciously offered. Turning away from the answers in God's holy word is one of the first steps to turning away from God Himself.

You can't deal with the tough questions. People like you are the reason I don't go to church. In your little world only people just like you go to heaven. All else, Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Hindus and so on all go to hell. The God I believe in is not like that.

Your narrow minded strict interpretation of the bible is a crutch, an anchor. I expanded beyond that myopic view decades ago. God gave you a brain. Try using it.

There is no point in further debate.

God-Is-Holy said:
Okay.

I hate to tell you but you're simply wrong. And why should anyone believe the Bible, it's as flimsy as a horoscope.

Christ died for his OWN sins, not mine.

God-Is-Holy said:
On what basis? Your personal opinion?

The same basis as yours. I KNOW It in my heart. God has made this self-evident. And so has science.

On the contrary, many distort and twist who God actually is.

Just like you've done. haha!!

Bibles are readily available to any in this country who would wish to learn about God. And churches are aplenty. Just so long as they teach the bible.

So? Why would anyone need a BIBLE to know about God?? All a Bible teaches is how to be superstitious, not to be spiritual, though I'm sure it has for many. But from you it clearly hasn't helped. you seem spiritually BANKRUPT.

God declares that we are all equally sinners. But those who continue in unrepentence will be chastised.

I've never sinned.

Luke 12
45 "But if that slave says in his heart, 'My master will be a long time in coming,' and begins to beat the slaves, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk;
46 the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces, and assign him a place with the unbelievers.
"And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes,
48 but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.
49 "I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled!
(NAS95)

Your biblical quotation prove nothing. They only prove how FAR you have veered FROM God. God speaks through ACTION and through a person's heart. Words from text are written by MEN.

God's holy will should be obvious to you.

It is.

Understand the word of God and work through your sins.

I work through imperfections. None of us will ever be perfect. It's PRACTICE not perfection that I aim for -- and one will NEVER reach a Spirtual end. We only stumble when we refuse to change. When we have stopped changing we have stopped all emotional and Spiritual growth.

God's eternal word is unchanging and gives life.

Superstition never changes. And the men who preach it ALL end up in the same misery from where they came.

This is a ridiculous statement.

You've already made this fact quite apparent. But such negligence still fails to justify liberal sin.

We have all we need in the bible. Demonic mystical texts will only tear one away from the truth's in God's holy word.

Correction: YOU have all you need from the Bible. I need MUCH more.

And where did you read this wild theory?

From God.

Because people such as yourself have departed from the one true God to serve a mere image fashioned after their own natures.

No YOU have departed from God. You've invented for yourself a penalizing deliquint who hates all that he has created. And you've committed the ultimate sin yourself of blasphemy by judging others. Which proves to all of us again that you are so far from a Spiritual path that you cannot even see what I see clearly and self-evident.

God-Is-Holy said:
God is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, and omnigood. Eternally infinite and infinitely eternal. Just and holy, compassionate and gracious.

So tiring...we went over this before.:doh He's not omniscient because if you recall, I said he would have forseen the sufferings man compunds via sin. Surely, an omniscient entity would have known that he could prevent this suffering by not creating the universe. Then he can't be omnigood.And how can Jesus be seated at god's right hand, if god is omnipresent? If he is "omnipresent" he is everywhere, he can't have right or left, as no boundaries exist. And, for the latter, I'll go back to my rock analogy. If he is perfect, he can create a rock that even he can't lift, correct? If that's the case, and he cannot lift it, he isn't omnipotent. And there's something he can't do.

teacher said:
God-Is-Holy said:
You can't deal with the tough questions.
Actually, I've answered your questions. You just rejected the answers is all. You're merely fighting against God's holy word.

People like you are the reason I don't go to church.
Look to God. Not man.

In your little world only people just like you go to heaven.
It's God's world and God's heaven. God decides. Not you or I.

All else, Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Hindus and so on all go to hell.
This is because they have rejected the one true God. Actually, we all deserve to go to hell, except for the grace of Christ.

The God I believe in is not like that.
You lack a basis for such an extra-biblical god concept.

Your narrow minded strict interpretation of the bible is a crutch, an anchor. I expanded beyond that myopic view decades ago. God gave you a brain. Try using it.
Man is not wiser than God's word.

There is no point in further debate.
You're not debating. You're arguing.

sissy-boy said:
I hate to tell you but you're simply wrong.
Basis, please? Can you give me more than mere opinion?

And why should anyone believe the Bible, it's as flimsy as a horoscope.
Have you ever read the bible yourself? Then it's not good to assume vanities against it.

Christ died for his OWN sins, not mine.
Blasphemy. Now you're just being rebellious against authority.

sissy-boy said:
No YOU have departed from God.
Now you're just making judgments, lacking the wisdom which only God can give.

You've invented for yourself a penalizing deliquint who hates all that he has created.
Where did you get this wild idea? God is love.

And you've committed the ultimate sin yourself of blasphemy by judging others.
Yet you have just judged Christ in this very thread, by calling him a sinner. You add hypocrisy to your blasphemy against the authority of God.

Which proves to all of us again that you are so far from a Spiritual path that you cannot even see what I see clearly and self-evident.
You are merely righteous in your own eyes. You say that you see, yet your sin remains.

kal-el said:
So tiring...we went over this before.:doh He's not omniscient because if you recall, I said he would have forseen the sufferings man compunds via sin. Surely, an omniscient entity would have known that he could prevent this suffering by not creating the universe. Then he can't be omnigood.And how can Jesus be seated at god's right hand, if god is omnipresent? If he is "omnipresent" he is everywhere, he can't have right or left, as no boundaries exist. And, for the latter, I'll go back to my rock analogy. If he is perfect, he can create a rock that even he can't lift, correct? If that's the case, and he cannot lift it, he isn't omnipotent. And there's something he can't do.
1 Corinthians 1
19 For it is written, "I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE."
20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
(NAS95)

God-Is-Holy said:
teacher said:
Actually, I've answered your questions. You just rejected the answers is all. You're merely fighting against God's holy word.

Look to God. Not man.

It's God's world and God's heaven. God decides. Not you or I.

This is because they have rejected the one true God. Actually, we all deserve to go to hell, except for the grace of Christ.

You lack a basis for such an extra-biblical god concept.

Man is not wiser than God's word.

You're not debating. You're arguing.

Not all of the Christian faith interpret and impose as you do.

Who are you to tell another Christian what is "extra-biblical"?

I see little evidence that you display an exceptional understanding of the make-up of a loving heart.

No doubt you will dispute it, but when I read your writing, it seems to me that you lack faith in your fellow man. And you are projecting your own disillusionment by purporting God's lack of faith in the will and reason of his own creation.

God-Is-Holy said:
1 Corinthians 1
19 For it is written, "I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE."
20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
(NAS95)

Dude, these verses you quote, was included in a letter written by the apostle Paul. It pretty much was a response to things at Corinth getting out of hand. Couples were not being faithful, people in the church weren't getting along. Overall, things at Corinth were destabilizing. It was a "sinful" city. Those people strayed from the teachings of Jesus, and Paul wrote this letter to remind them that they needed to follow Jesus's teachings, even though it might have meant that they had to give up their bad behavior, in which they relished.

But, like George Washington and I discussed in another thread, Paul might not have wrote these letters. If not, your little quote is not applicable.

Humane....you can't make the death penalty humane. It is like saying lets make war less violent, it's not going to happen. I'm just saying humane isn't the right word to be used. I think we should look for the cheapest way to kill people and i say the firing squad. guillotine, cruxification, hanging are way to barbaric, but a firing squad is a bit more modern, cheap, and reliable.

kal-el said:

kal-el, you might as well throw in the towel with this guy. And realize that he is NOT a Christian, he's a FASCIST. This guy plays God with every sentence that he types out and plays judge and jury too. You are already MILES ahead of him in your own Spiritual growth because you've learned how to question the ridiculous superstitions that make men so silly as 'God is Holy'.

The only thing that will change him is God. To put it in Spiritual terms: YOU have been blessed by this man because he has taught you by example of what can happen when you blindly believe such nonsense. You can clearly see from 'God is Holy' that you can easily dismiss all rational thought by buying in to the 'big lie'. You'll be a lot better for knowing this guy -- though it does not help him out much. Just use it as a good lesson in how mind-numbing fundamentalism truly is!

:->)

At least, that's what I've done.

Hope that helps.

Jonathan52988 said:
Humane....you can't make the death penalty humane. It is like saying lets make war less violent, it's not going to happen. I'm just saying humane isn't the right word to be used. I think we should look for the cheapest way to kill people and i say the firing squad. guillotine, cruxification, hanging are way to barbaric, but a firing squad is a bit more modern, cheap, and reliable.

Actually, lethal injection is even cheaper. The cost of a syringe and the drugs is almost non-existent. With a bullet you would have to mine the copper and manufacture it. Besides lethal injection can be pleasurable. I"ve OD'd from Heroin before and when I became conscious I felt great.

I think the criminal should be able to choose which method. Of course within reason. Not to choose 'eat myself to death' or 'sex myself to death'.

sissy-boy said:

kal-el, you might as well throw in the towel with this guy. And realize that he is NOT a Christian, he's a FASCIST. This guy plays God with every sentence that he types out and plays judge and jury too. You are already MILES ahead of him in your own Spiritual growth because you've learned how to question the ridiculous superstitions that make men so silly as 'God is Holy'.

The only thing that will change him is God. To put it in Spiritual terms: YOU have been blessed by this man because he has taught you by example of what can happen when you blindly believe such nonsense. You can clearly see from 'God is Holy' that you can easily dismiss all rational thought by buying in to the 'big lie'. You'll be a lot better for knowing this guy -- though it does not help him out much. Just use it as a good lesson in how mind-numbing fundamentalism truly is!

:->)

At least, that's what I've done.

Hope that helps.

Yes, through his ridiculous calling me "young man" and constantly spouting integrity matters, while simeltaneously, judging others to no end, I guess his "god" gave him the power to judge people?

Hey, I stumbled onto a good website:
http://www.christianburner.com/v1/reality.html

And here is a good debate on the existence of god:
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/doug_jesseph/jesseph-craig/index.shtml

sissy-boy said:

Actually, lethal injection is even cheaper. The cost of a syringe and the drugs is almost non-existent. With a bullet you would have to mine the copper and manufacture it. Besides lethal injection can be pleasurable. I"ve OD'd from Heroin before and when I became conscious I felt great.

I think the criminal should be able to choose which method. Of course within reason. Not to choose 'eat myself to death' or 'sex myself to death'.

were the hell do people get lethal injection is cheaper and pleasurable at that...and the injection cost still more then mine that copper and manufacture of the bullet...recycled the bullets...reuse the bullets....

and with lethal injection I think it is the less humane death of the 20 century...first your are numbed up on medic's then your minor muscle freeze up...then your lungs use lee before your heart freeze up.....that mean you die for lank of air so you suffocate…and your heart beat run like a car without oil….meanwhile your mind is still working and you can feel the pain stop your organs….this process can take 2 min to work to 1 and 45 minutes…..for you to be dead….that is a lot of suffering if u don’t die with in the first 5 minutes…..

If it's possible to have the death penalty imposed while having sex, I would be in favor of it.

That way I could come and go at the same time....:mrgreen:

kal-el said:
Dude, these verses you quote, was included in a letter written by the apostle Paul. It pretty much was a response to things at Corinth getting out of hand. Couples were not being faithful, people in the church weren't getting along. Overall, things at Corinth were destabilizing. It was a "sinful" city. Those people strayed from the teachings of Jesus, and Paul wrote this letter to remind them that they needed to follow Jesus's teachings, even though it might have meant that they had to give up their bad behavior, in which they relished.
I'm glad that you've at least read the letter. But you need to get to the application stage next.

But, like George Washington and I discussed in another thread, Paul might not have wrote these letters. If not, your little quote is not applicable.
Where do you come up with these wild theories?

Back
Top Bottom