• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The most hated Yout Tube Video in history...

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Here's a good breakdown:

I LOVE Geeks and Gamers...

YouTube is a complicated beast, been around since the pre google days when YouTube was really Wild West and people made content not for monetization, but because they wanted to.

Not that there’s anything wrong with current content, but one thing I will say, is the people in charge of YouTube are so unbelievably out of touch with their community and the bulk of the content creators.

Although I’m not on the whole pewdiepie bandwagon, I actually can’t stand the guy, this YouTube Rewind is about as tone deaf as it gets.

Last edited:
I recognized Will Smith. Then I was lost.

I recognized Will Smith. Then I was lost.

Only people I knew (besides Will) were Ninja, Lily Singh, Lele Pons, Swoozie, Hannah Stocking, and all of the animation YouTubers. But the rest I had no idea.

But this one was really bad. They need to do some soul-searching for next year.

YouTube is a complicated beast, been around since the pre google days when YouTube was really Wild West and people made content not for monetization, but because they wanted to.

Not that there’s anything wrong with current content, but one thing I will say, is the people in charge of YouTube are so unbelievably out of touch with their community and the bulk of the content creators.

Although I’m not on the whole pewdiepie bandwagon, I actually can’t stand the guy, this YouTube Rewind is about as tone deaf as it gets.

Pewdie Pie is the most annoying mofo on youtube IMHO.

I guess I'm too old?

Meh, I pretty much only watch Good Mythical Morning on YouTube these days.

So the guy in the reaction video just does not get it. "YouTube is all about..." and then he spins what he wants YouTube to be. The reality though is quite different. YouTube is all about making Google bucketloads of money. A video with over 10 million page views in a week is a very successful video. Most videos would love that kind of attention.

The part I do not get is why any one cares about this "rewind" video. It did nothing for me, but I saw nothing wrong with it. It is advertising. No big deal. I think I am a fairly typical YouTube user, and I cannot be bothered to care one way or another. This reminds me of MMO guild drama, keenly felt by those involved, and looks pretty stupid to everybody else. As long as Kizuna AI, Arumba, Quill18, Gigguk, Pravus, Aavak and a few others keep putting out videos, I will keep helping google's bottom line. The drama does not change my usage at all.

Pewdie Pie is the most annoying mofo on youtube IMHO.

To me, he’s an irritating little twat.

But he’s by far not the worst YouTuber out there.

The Paul brothers, Dobre brothers, Keemstar, a host of other twats that flex on their young fans, people that start rumours and beef with others just for views, they’re truly scum.

But by far, YouTube is probably my most used platform for entrainment besides gaming, I mean take this youtuber I recently discovered, an expert on castles, taking 15 minutes to explain why Whiteruns defences don’t make sense, hell ill watch stuff like that all day.

All the YouTube twats that exist purely to just be ****ty people and those that follow them, really bring down the entire platform.

So the guy in the reaction video just does not get it. "YouTube is all about..." and then he spins what he wants YouTube to be. The reality though is quite different. YouTube is all about making Google bucketloads of money. A video with over 10 million page views in a week is a very successful video. Most videos would love that kind of attention.

The part I do not get is why any one cares about this "rewind" video. It did nothing for me, but I saw nothing wrong with it. It is advertising. No big deal. I think I am a fairly typical YouTube user, and I cannot be bothered to care one way or another. This reminds me of MMO guild drama, keenly felt by those involved, and looks pretty stupid to everybody else. As long as Kizuna AI, Arumba, Quill18, Gigguk, Pravus, Aavak and a few others keep putting out videos, I will keep helping google's bottom line. The drama does not change my usage at all.

It’s certainly an interesting phenomenon, very much like the backlash gamers can get into when a game, developer or series goes in a direction they don’t like.

People feel a certain sense of ownership, right or wrong to the platforms, games, movies and other things they may love and so the manifestation of that in this case was downvoting this video into oblivion.

I always find these kinds of things fascinating, I think the entire phenomenon is worthy of study, I mean it’s definitely mob mentality to be sure, but I think there’s a bit more complexity to the whole thing.

To me, he’s an irritating little twat.

But he’s by far not the worst YouTuber out there.

The Paul brothers, Dobre brothers, Keemstar, a host of other twats that flex on their young fans, people that start rumours and beef with others just for views, they’re truly scum.

But by far, YouTube is probably my most used platform for entrainment besides gaming, I mean take this youtuber I recently discovered, an expert on castles, taking 15 minutes to explain why Whiteruns defences don’t make sense, hell ill watch stuff like that all day.

All the YouTube twats that exist purely to just be ****ty people and those that follow them, really bring down the entire platform.

I post my Junkrat video's on there and that's about it these days.

Back
Top Bottom