• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The more you read Mattis’s resignation letter, ....

Of course not, because Trump Sucks...so many people say so!

People don't have to say so; you just follow his public actions and he reveals it himself. What he's like in private isn't relevant if his public persona is aggressive and tactless.

More of the LYING ASS DOUBLE TALK from the **** TALKING LEFT, as Pres.Trump seeks to replace Gen.Mattis, for their policy differences...declared a "CRISIS FOR OUR DEMOCRACY"....and "PROOF OF HOW WEAK TRUMP HAS MADE AMERICA"....by the same LYING ASS LEFT who IGNORED Obama's going through FOUR SECRETRIES OF DEFENSE, ALL OF WHOM WHE WERE CRITICAL OF HIS LACK OF LEADERSHIP (balls) in DEFENSE MATTERS.

A "little reminder" for the Hypocrisy as a Lifestyle Choice left....

Obama on the defense again as another defense secretary speaks

.President Obama has not had an easy time with his secretaries of defense.

Two of his defense secretaries wrote books critical of his administration after they left office, and his third was essentially fired. On Tuesday, the White House scrambled to clarify remarks by Obama’s fourth defense secretary, Ashton B. Carter, who said over the weekend that Iraqi forces who collapsed in their defense of Ramadi lacked the “will to fight” Islamic State militants.

Carter’s pronouncement, unusual for its bluntness, angered senior Iraqi officials in Baghdad and seemed to suggest that the president’s strategy, built around supporting Iraqi forces with training and airstrikes, was failing. “Airstrikes are effective, but neither they nor really anything we do can substitute for the Iraqi forces’ will to fight,” Carter said in an interview with CNN. He added that the Iraqi government force, which “vastly outnumbered” the Islamic State attackers, simply refused to fight in Ramadi.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.edc306b89c22

Sounds like the French army in Europe. Arabs too. Recall also the Ottoman Empire was the work of Turks who were Muslim, not Arabs. Arab armies have made the IDF invincible in the ME. French forces spent two centuries after Napoleon making the German army seem to be invincible. Hence the old saw: Why is the Champs Elysee lined with trees? So the Germans can march in the shade. In Desert Storm we wiped out 25 divisions in 100 hours. Hannibal had to use elephants btw. Lessons learned.

I doubt there will be any such need unless he starts trash talking the president.

Can you point out something in the letter that would make Trump mad at him? I don't see it... and it seems apparent that Trump was understanding of the position and gracious in accepting the resignation.

What more could you ask or expect of two public servants?

Mattis doesn't "trash talk" people. Mattis modulates, analyzes, assesses, compares, contrasts, evaluates, synthesizes. He presents a situation carefully, calmly, with balance and in a classic expository manner and style. We saw this in his letter. We see it every day in fact.

Your trying to equate Trump the Mad Dog of Bluster and Ballast to Mattis the warrior monk is Trump Fanboy blindman drivel. In short, Trump is like a wild dog while Mattis is a trustworthy leader and commander who inspires confidence in him and in others like him.

Mattis doesn't "trash talk" people. Mattis modulates, analyzes, assesses, compares, contrasts, evaluates, synthesizes. He presents a situation carefully, calmly, with balance and in a classic expository manner and style. We saw this in his letter. We see it every day in fact.

Your trying to equate Trump the Mad Dog of Bluster and Ballast to Mattis the warrior monk is Trump Fanboy blindman drivel. In short, Trump is like a wild dog while Mattis is a trustworthy leader and commander who inspires confidence in him and in others like him.
Funny, huh?

Suddenly you progressive types love, respect Mattis if he goes in another direction than the C n C. Not really if, but because the Mad Dog did so.

I mean it's totally transparent, see-through, your and y'alls true motivations. Mattis reveals that he is ultimately more globalist than the domestic hero. He was a fine commander and one I would want in command of our sons and daughters in the field of battle, winning for us. On the world stage he's a bit timid in his defense of American priorities whether they be at the expense of our allies or not... but directed at the expense of our true enemies, long term.

Tough love. Europe seems suicidal under its current elite class... there is growing disgruntlement festering in the ranks, the populations of Europe. The founding and evolution of the West has and is a proud and noble one, expecially amongst the other histories of the planet...

Certainly not one worthy of being buried by the oncoming hordes from different, lesser cultures.

Long-term freedoms and Western society is at stake, yet the globalist seem not only unconcerned at the threat, but seem to be placing dynamite in the termite holes they have burrowed over the last century.

Its Europe's choice to go the way of the horse and buggy... we are not into letting them pull us under as they begin to go down, to drown, their condescending noses still raised way high, last to go below the surface as the floods pour in, consume them.

One doesn't, can never actually know where that exact social tipping point is, but they are playing with disaster. A Russian roulette spinning with only one blank chamber instead of only one bullet.

That last statement of yours is predicated on the Marquess of Queensberry Rules... which is not a winning political strategy... especially when the only responsible actors are abiding by those sweet and idealistic rules. That's called being played as a chump, and to counter that is why Trump is president. Its why Mattis will never be president... Trump knows the actual lay of the land, sees the world, has not been spoiled in temperament and experience with always only having the most powerful military in history to be concerned with.

Different set of rules, different priorities, different directions, narrow vs broad aims and concerns.

Only one of the two is ultimately responsible.

"The more you read Mattis’s resignation letter, the clearer it becomes that Trump had not read it before he sent his tweet."

A tweet by Kaitlan Collins.

No, I don't know who she is, but yes, I was kind of surprised that Trump had such kind words for Mattis in spite of Mattis' damning resignation letter.

Either Trump didn't read it or he didn't understand it.

I'm waiting for some delayed reaction tweets from Trump where he walks back his praise of Mattis and gets closer to calling Mattis dumb as a rock.

Trump is an idiot who hates reading because he cannot comprehend what he reads. This is the perfect example.

Another fake bomb shell, complete dud just like all the others... known in common parlance as making a mountain out of a molehill.

This letter is no damning evidence of anything but an unresolvable difference in approach and, hate to break it to you folks, we elected the President, not the Secy of Defense to make the ultimate decisions as to the overall direction our nation will proceed.

I think it very honorable of Mattis to have made his views known, but he is only an adjunct to the real person chosen to be responsible. If he cannot in good conscience faithfully carry out the duties required of him under the presidents guidelines, then stepping down was exactly the right thing to do.

He served honorably and I wish him well.

Quoted for truth.

I recall when Tillerson was nominated as SoS and the Dems, the media (so all those of the extreme left) screamed.
When Tillerson resigned, much for the same reasons, the Dems the media (so all those of the extreme left) screamed.
When Pompeo was nominated as SoS and the Dems, the media (so all those of the extreme left) screamed.

I guess the Dems, the media (so all those of the extreme left) just scream, so suitable for wholesale ignoring then.

Quoted for truth.

I recall when Tillerson was nominated as SoS and the Dems, the media (so all those of the extreme left) screamed.
When Tillerson resigned, much for the same reasons, the Dems the media (so all those of the extreme left) screamed.
When Pompeo was nominated as SoS and the Dems, the media (so all those of the extreme left) screamed.

I guess the Dems, the media (so all those of the extreme left) just scream, so suitable for wholesale ignoring then.
I know.

I used to come to this site to debate. There were at least a few here where you could have a good in depth conversation about differing views and I could research, listen to the other and every so often learn something. Now the site just has snake bitten Trump haters on the other side, foaming at the mouth, angry eyes bulging ready to pop rabid, like Palin haters on steroids. Their picking at every single breath Trump takes has become so vile yet so banal, so boring that I can hardly any longer consider ANY of them in any close proximity to credible, much less honorable.

Its almost a waste to join in a discussion so often nowadays. And most certainly, no matter what Trump does they almost all go right into their nearly automated non player character mode and spit out the collectives lines almost verbatim. So drab, so lame, so uninspired. Its like trying to convince a three year old that wants their candy and their toys.

So its one place where, indirectly, it is Trump's fault for getting elected. But if times were even relatively normal, and while its never been common on their side, there would be some slight bit of sense emanating from the other side.

Now its just that flat line with the occasional bump at times. ________________________________________________________^________________________________

Mattis had a different view, stepped down so the President can have a better functioning relationship with our military, very important in these quickly changing times and in the dealing with hard circumstances. But they must make it something it isn't, because...

They hate the bad bad bad man, Trump. Big whoop.

I know.

I used to come to this site to debate. There were at least a few here where you could have a good in depth conversation about differing views and I could research, listen to the other and every so often learn something. Now the site just has snake bitten Trump haters on the other side, foaming at the mouth, angry eyes bulging ready to pop rabid, like Palin haters on steroids. Their picking at every single breath Trump takes has become so vile yet so banal, so boring that I can hardly any longer consider ANY of them in any close proximity to credible, much less honorable.

Its almost a waste to join in a discussion so often nowadays. And most certainly, no matter what Trump does they almost all go right into their nearly automated non player character mode and spit out the collectives lines almost verbatim. So drab, so lame, so uninspired. Its like trying to convince a three year old that wants their candy and their toys.

So its one place where, indirectly, it is Trump's fault for getting elected. But if times were even relatively normal, and while its never been common on their side, there would be some slight bit of sense emanating from the other side.

Now its just that flat line with the occasional bump at times. ________________________________________________________^________________________________

Indeed. I wholly agree with your assessment here.

Mattis had a different view, stepped down so the President can have a better functioning relationship with our military, very important in these quickly changing times and in the dealing with hard circumstances. But they must make it something it isn't, because...

For both cases of Tillerson and Mattis leaving it is quite normal and expected. If you can't support the boss and their decisions, then you have to go, as certainly it isn't the boss that's going to move on, it's going to be you. Such it is with ever administration, and much the same in the workplace.

Why this comes as some sort of surprise to some only speaks to their lack of experience in those situations, a telling thing in and of itself.

That rabid TDS has taken over the the Dems, the media, so all those of the extreme left and their political propaganda organ, is an indicative response of the Dems, the media, so all those of the extreme left when they don't get what they want, and all the rest of the electorate should take note, and deny them any significant political power and leadership in government until they adopt a more conducive behavior. The rest of the electorate cannot afford to enable such behavior in the future, as it'll be damaging to the country, as well as the policies they promote would be damaging to the country.

Too funny, "newcomer"...

Somehow you missed the most obvious 5th choice, [which to those knowledgable would have been the first ] as aptly described in my previous replies, being that yours is an obliviously stupid supposition... and why you are spending so much time defending such a laughably ludicrous stab in the dark is, well, rather takes it from simply laugable to the hilarious.

You know as well as I do, if you have anything at all going on up there, that the letter from Kim was read and understood. Case closed.

You still seem to be missing the point here. Not sure if you have a reading comprehension problem or...?

Let me try to make this as simple as I can:

Thread premise:

"The more you read Mattis’s resignation letter, the clearer it becomes that Trump had not read it before he sent his tweet."

My reply to thread premise was to compare it to a similar event where Trump said the letter from Kim was very nice, but admits he had not read it yet.

I hope this clears this up for you. Not sure I can make it any simpler.

Ummmm, in debate, those of us who actually do it here don't gainfully argue by advising others to stick their head in the various ponds that they themselves seemingly frequent, much less advise to start sniffing filth to which they themselves are apparently addicted. Are you a "koi pond" pusher are ya, pimping goldfish ****, are ya? It is on par with leftist thinking, so go ahead, cut a line of the **** using Occam's razor... then take a sniff, eh?

This is not a debate. This is you arguing your own points and ignoring mine. AKA, you are arguing with yourself.

Naughty naughty.

This next is just additional inconsequential blather that most certainly is not debate. Reaching way down deep for those profoundly lame answers are ya?

I tried simplicity with you, but you weren't going for it, so I decided to have fun with the whole thing. It was obvious that you weren't going to actually address any of my own points, so why continue with them?

Now, wow, completely backing off your claim that Trump doesn't read, then forward to your lame "character and past actions" claims... cannot support any of those, so I would agree, dropping them like a hot rock is your best bet. Got it.

Where did I back off of that claim? I have not.

Listen, I address lefties here on site all the time, a reply post of mine is not simply to you, its a shot across the bow of all lefties... even if they label themselves independents, moderates, etc... especially those who want to ridicule the president for made up ****, like yours, and then go on to be representative of that which they say they despise.

What part did I make up?

In this case, those who hate to read.

Yano? No, of course not, you've easily proven that you are horribly challenged that way.

Hey, after getting their butts kicked every time, if it were me I would probably start ignoring me also. And I hope ya do, you have provided no intellectual stimulation, none, just another all too common waste of my time. Some initially show so much promise... then they start typing their replies. Such tripe as yourself express here.

Ah, such is life. Still in search of a worthy opponent from the other side... next... step right up...

:lamo

You think way too highly of your "debate" skills.

If "debate" on your end is arguing straw-men and your own projections, I guess you are a champion debater.

Or maybe you are sure that there is no chance that Trump would ever be found being the decent guy....which is not just wrong but way wrong in my opinion.

I think that we will some day know the truth here.

I am not making a call at this time.

How much dumb **** does Trump have to do for you to "make the call"? It seems like half of your posts are turd polish.

Apparently Trump has read it now. Well, he has at least heard the hours of stunned coverage about it. So now he's upset about the letter ... and the coverage.

And he doesn't like the theme that there will be no more adults in the room.

Too bad he couldn't act like an adult and instead ran the other adults off. I know he doesn't like the coverage. But he brings it upon himself by acting in a way which is intolerable to people who care about facts and good management and effective relationships.

You still seem to be missing the point here. Not sure if you have a reading comprehension problem or...?

Let me try to make this as simple as I can:

Thread premise:

My reply to thread premise was to compare it to a similar event where Trump said the letter from Kim was very nice, but admits he had not read it yet.

I hope this clears this up for you. Not sure I can make it any simpler.

This is not a debate. This is you arguing your own points and ignoring mine. AKA, you are arguing with yourself.

I tried simplicity with you, but you weren't going for it, so I decided to have fun with the whole thing. It was obvious that you weren't going to actually address any of my own points, so why continue with them?

Where did I back off of that claim? I have not.

What part did I make up?

:lamo

You think way too highly of your "debate" skills.

If "debate" on your end is arguing straw-men and your own projections, I guess you are a champion debater.
Oh, its for sure the "or..." part.

...Or I am just dealing with a poster who is unable to post anything but that having to do with pulling his head out of Trump's ass.

Nope, no reading comprehension problem at all. Problem is trying to make you see the nonsense of your own idiotic posts. Yano? Oh yeah, you only guano... I am quite sure with all that guano you have a very wonderful and fertile growing garden, always sprouting up all about you, eh? Flower, bush, tree? Am guessing you went vegetable, tho...right?

Absolutely no similarity in the misrepresented scenario at all, just your tedious stretching of a nothing into even more of a completely unrelated nothing. I know I know, you cannot even figure your own **** out, how will you ever figure that too too far complexity out, eh?

I expect nothing... well, a bunch more stupid posts perhaps.

Deal with it...you have even yet to come out with a supportable real point, just an annoying penchant for asserting inane stupidities referencing Trump. No point, so how is one supposed to debate with someone that has no point? I am just pointing that fact out... making you pay for putting us thru such sillinesses.

"Address any of" your "points"? Give me a break. You mean your inanities like this?
Remember that "big" letter from Kim Jong Un? The one Trump called "beautiful"? Yeah, he also admitted at the time that he had not read it.

I'm going with "did not read".
That IS IT, your totally idiotic non point that I have been shining a light on, lambasting ever since you sputtered it off your keyboard.

We have been over that non point... go back, scroll up and you will no doubt find out what I detailed as your making it up, hint: has to do with saying Trump did not read the letter from Kim.

Yes, indeed, I have some debate skills... if you have them they must be tortoise-like, have yet to see them poke their head out of that hard shell. You solely possess poor supposition skills, you know, those skills that I am quite aware are highly prized on the left.

Last edited:

Trump and the military chiefs and theater commanders land sea air have no relationship any more. They didn't have much of one to begin with. Then Veterans Day was a disaster and now this is catastrophic. Military chiefs and commanders are convinced now Trump has gone off the deep end. Either you're oblivious or you're pretending. Either way however it changes nothing because as far as the armed forces commanders are concerned Trump just passed the point of no return.

I said many many moons ago if Trump is removed it would be because of national security, national sovereignty, national defense. There's much more than that but the nub here is that Trump listens to foreign leaders but not his own cabinet, agencies, advisers. Whatever the reason this is what Trump does. Which makes him unfit to hold the office. And brings us to the options.

Trump and the military chiefs and theater commanders land sea air have no relationship any more. They didn't have much of one to begin with. Then Veterans Day was a disaster and now this is catastrophic. Military chiefs and commanders are convinced now Trump has gone off the deep end. Either you're oblivious or you're pretending. Either way however it changes nothing because as far as the armed forces commanders are concerned Trump just passed the point of no return.

I said many many moons ago if Trump is removed it would be because of national security, national sovereignty, national defense. There's much more than that but the nub here is that Trump listens to foreign leaders but not his own cabinet, agencies, advisers. Whatever the reason this is what Trump does. Which makes him unfit to hold the office. And brings us to the options.
Were you right about the commanders, they need to be retired and new, good ones, brought in to replace them.

I had no idea slenderfella had done that much damage to our commander class, but had heard the rumors. All socialist globalist justice warriors now, you say?

They report to the duly elected Commander in Chief... they better shape up, or ship out. Immediately.

Oh, its for sure the "or..." part.<snip>

Still don't understand what your point is.

Here's mine. Will try to use one syllable words in hope that we can end this D bate.

OP said Trump wrote tweet about Mattis but did not seem to have read note from Mattis first.

I brought up like event dealing with Kim's note. Trump said note was very nice but then said he had not read it.

Based on that, I said he probably had not read Mattis' note prior to tweeting, just like he had not read Kim's note prior to calling it "very nice".

Yano?

Were you right about the commanders, they need to be retired and new, good ones, brought in to replace them.

I had no idea slenderfella had done that much damage to our commander class, but had heard the rumors. All socialist globalist justice warriors now, you say?

They report to the duly elected Commander in Chief... they better shape up, or ship out. Immediately.

Military Chiefs and theater commanders of all services and all general/admiral ranks consider Trump unfit to be Potus/CinC. That's three star officers, two star, one star, colonels. Trump has no way to know if there are any armed forces officers at the rank of major/lieutenant commander who might be able to both worship Trump and command divisions, fleets, air wings and more.

Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark A. Milley will become chairman of the Joint Chiefs next year. Trump said so at the Army-Navy Game. Trump took a liking to Milley and calls the general "the bomb thrower in the White House." Trump however has no idea. I follow Milley's career because he makes me think of Gen. Patton. So which do you think knows more about Gen. Milley, Trump or a poster?

Either way don't miss viewing this video.

Army Chief of Staff Tells Russia: We Will Beat You Harder Than You’ve Ever Been Beaten Before

I said early last year James Mattis would be a secdef for the history books. I double down on that now.

Military Chiefs and theater commanders of all services and all general/admiral ranks consider Trump unfit to be Potus/CinC. That's three star officers, two star, one star, colonels. Trump has no way to know if there are any armed forces officers at the rank of major/lieutenant commander who might be able to both worship Trump and command divisions, fleets, air wings and more.

Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark A. Milley will become chairman of the Joint Chiefs next year. Trump said so at the Army-Navy Game. Trump took a liking to Milley and calls the general "the bomb thrower in the White House." Trump however has no idea. I follow Milley's career because he makes me think of Gen. Patton. So which do you think knows more about Gen. Milley, Trump or a poster?

Either way don't miss viewing this video.

Army Chief of Staff Tells Russia: We Will Beat You Harder Than You’ve Ever Been Beaten Before

I said early last year James Mattis would be a secdef for the history books. I double down on that now.
Sources for any of that ****?

I will take Trump's views over yours, mos definitively. Run for president, win...then get back to me.

Still don't understand what your point is.

Here's mine. Will try to use one syllable words in hope that we can end this D bate.

OP said Trump wrote tweet about Mattis but did not seem to have read note from Mattis first.

I brought up like event dealing with Kim's note. Trump said note was very nice but then said he had not read it.

Based on that, I said he probably had not read Mattis' note prior to tweeting, just like he had not read Kim's note prior to calling it "very nice".

Yano?
Oh you said that and a bunch of other horse **** trash, none of all of it supportable [ that means you can not back any of it up with any evidence or logic, by the way]. Been telling you that the whole time.

Of course I know. Questions is, why don't you know yet?

Oh you said that and a bunch of other horse **** trash, none of all of it supportable [ that means you can not back any of it up with any evidence or logic, by the way]. Been telling you that the whole time.

Of course I know. Questions is, why don't you know yet?

You've been projecting and building straw men and then arguing against that. You haven't been debating me. That ended during the first response from you.

Sources for any of that ****?

I will take Trump's views over yours, mos definitively. Run for president, win...then get back to me.

It is the long standing doctrine of the officer corps of the armed forces that the United States needs allies and must have allies. This has been true since the beginning of World War II. It became bedrock doctrine 1945-1955 when the Cold War began. The foundation of US military doctrine at Pentagon is allies. Because while the US will defeat an enemy in a major war, without allies the homeland and its population will suffer, and it will suffer needlessly. Any war against a major enemy will be far more difficult to win logistically and costly in respect of personnel, time, resources.

Number one for the present and eternal dictatorship in China is to separate US from allies in East Asia such as South Korea, Japan, Australia -- and the Western Pacific to include through the South China Sea nations and to India and the Indian Ocean. Which connects to the Gulf and the Med. Number one for Putin is to separate the US from its allies in Europe. Trump is the first president to listen to tyrant leader enemies of the United States and to follow their wishes. This is true of Russia in particular but we see it with North Korea also which has reconnected to Beijing. Trump does this while he ignores or drives out advice to the contrary provided by members of his administration and allies alike. The consequence of the pullout from Syria, a plan to do same in Afghanistan, the resignation of Mattis -- on top of all else to date -- is that Potus Trump is now judged to be unfit to hold the office.

This is unacceptable to the national security and global stability so it is rejected in the absolute by USA armed forces commanders. It has become clear to them that without an intervention the destruction of USA national security structures and systems will continue and that it will only accelerate and intensify. In short Potus Trump needs to represent the United States and its interests to Putin and to other foreign tyrant leaders instead of it being the other way around. Recall the armed forces oath is to the Constitution not to any official or person, which is the way George Washington successfully presented it to the Constitutional Convention.

You've been projecting and building straw men and then arguing against that. You haven't been debating me. That ended during the first response from you.
Might wanna try to search for a clue, bro...

Been knocking down your utter bull **** sillinesses, ie., "didn't read", "didn't read the Kim letter", the "based on past actions and character", then all your bloviating while trying to squirm outta being caught.

Kill all such **** before it multiplies, I say.

Yano??? Of course not, how could you, as you yourself stated, you only guano, then went on to give proof certain of that...

Might wanna try to search for a clue, bro...

Been knocking down your utter bull **** sillinesses, ie., "didn't read", "didn't read the Kim letter", the "based on past actions and character", then all your bloviating while trying to squirm outta being caught.

Kill all such **** before it multiplies, I say.

Yano??? Of course not, how could you, as you yourself stated, you only guano, then went on to give proof certain of that...

Whenever I ponder why I like to hang out on political forums, posts like these remind me.

Entertainment!

Thanks for the laugh.

Back
Top Bottom