• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The moral cowardice of the Covington Catholic story

Fishking

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
This recent incident with the Covington Catholic kids in D.C. highlights the moral cowardice by those focusing on the Covington Catholic high school students. Notice that despite getting more complete videos, and better reporting on the situation (complete with many retractions or corrections by the MSMs), they are still clinging to any misstep they can find on the part of the kids.

Why so much attention to the students? Because they are a Christian, boys, mostly white, and wearing MAGA hats. For many, that alone is enough to assume the worse. It's also very safe to go after these kids because of these things. They've unwillingly become the target of a national media frenzy which has resulted in doxing, threats to the kids and their families, and now the school itself is shut down due to threats. Yet, still...people won't lose their jobs over this or get called out like they should.

Then behold the sheer racist and bigoted behavior displayed by the Black Israelite group, that was composed of adults. How are they not the ones that got put in the spotlight for what is clearly deplorable behavior. Why not put more focus on them and the things they said? Why hold them to an infinitely lower standard and scrutiny than minors? Because being critical of a minority group isn't as safe a target. I mean...why put them on blast when there are white boys wearing MAGA hats, right?

Some gems from the video:
By 1:30 they've already been disrespectful to the Native American group there (Covington kids haven't even showed up yet) calling them demons and Uncle Tomahawks
At 48:12 they call a black man who is getting upset with what they are yelling a coon.
1:07:44 They turns around to face the kids starting to gather at their rally point on the stairs, calling them incest babies, then goes on to call them lice-ridden dogs
1:10:30 calls the kids cavemen
1:46:15 calls them dirty bastards

This was just a few things from clicking through. I didn't find the part where they told a black student that the other kids were going to harvest his organs or where they call the faggots.

We won't see the frenzy over this behavior that we do for minors that, at worse, are being a little douchey in an uncomfortable situation.

We won't see the frenzy over this behavior that we do for minors that, at worse, are being a little douchey in an uncomfortable situation.

Dude, we get it. tRump supporters have officially come on board with child endangerment.

To be absolutely clear, I am talking about endangering the physical safety of those boys wearing the MAGA hats.

Dude, we get it. tRump supporters have officially come on board with child endangerment.

To be absolutely clear, I am talking about endangering the physical safety of those boys wearing the MAGA hats.

That's 1 for 1 for someone who literally just glossed over all the stuff the adult Black Israelites said and went back to focusing on the minors.

That's 1 for 1 for someone who literally just glossed over all the stuff the adult Black Israelites said and went back to focusing on the minors.

Don't post a video of the whole incident start-to-finish, which I actually watched yesterday, and expect to be taken seriously when you conveniently leave out the actions of one of the groups and the glaring lack of adult control over both groups.

As the old saying goes, it takes two to tango. And both sides were willing to dance. After reading your and others' comments, it seems that this is what your side wanted.

Don't post a video of the whole incident start-to-finish, which I actually watched yesterday, and expect to be taken seriously when you conveniently leave out the actions of one of the groups...
and the glaring lack of adult control over both groups.[/quote]

I didn't...I posted the full video proving the most outrageous behavior, by far, was by the Black Israelites, yet you continue to want to ignore that and focus on the lesser "offenses" of the minors.

and the glaring lack of adult control over both groups.

Wait, wait, wait...are you saying the black group of adults needed "adult control" or was the a slip of the tongue? Wow.

As the old saying goes, it takes two to tango. And both sides were willing to dance. After reading your and others' comments, it seems that this is what your side wanted.

It does take two to tango and what was clearly shown is that the Black Israelites instigated the confrontation and had much more egregious behavior while the kids did a school cheer. How dare they!

Also, already counted you for continually ignoring the behavior of the adults to focus on the minors, but I see you're doubling down on it. I wonder why you are holding minors more responsible for lesser offenses than adults? What could be the variable at play here?...I juuuuuust can't think of what it could be!

and the glaring lack of adult control over both groups.

I didn't...

Yes you did. Yes. You. Did. You do not want anyone to recognize the literal child endangerment that went on here. And the only question is why. Why are you okay with frenzied boys acting however they please in a politically charged environment?

Wait, wait, wait...are you saying the black group of adults needed "adult control" or was the a slip of the tongue? Wow.
:lamo

If you really think that I think that the Black Hebrew Israelites were being anything other than assholes, then you truly do not know my thoughts on this matter. Next...

It does take two to tango and what was clearly shown is that the Black Israelites instigated the confrontation and had much more egregious behavior while the kids did a school cheer. How dare they!

In other words, because of the BHI's provocations, what the boys did was okay. In other words, you believe that two wrongs make a right.

Also, already counted you for continually ignoring the behavior of the adults to focus on the minors, but I see you're doubling down on it. I wonder why you are holding minors more responsible for lesser offenses than adults? What could be the variable at play here?...I juuuuuust can't think of what it could be!

Save it. You're already starting to double-down on your support for child endangerment just as some people did on another thread. The mildest criticism I can give of your disgusting position is that you are committing the outcome bias: Since nobody got physically hurt, the boys' chaperones are in the clear.

Also as I said in the other thread, please never, ever chaperone young people with an attitude like that. Like, ever.

The Covington kids acted like little MAGA puds. Their high school has censured them.

The Covington kids acted like little MAGA puds. Their high school has censured them.

2 for 2 for people who want to ignore the more egregious behavior by adults and focus on the less faults of minors. Next...

Yes you did. Yes. You. Did. You do not want anyone to recognize the literal child endangerment that went on here. And the only question is why. Why are you okay with frenzied boys acting however they please in a politically charged environment?

:lamo

If you really think that I think that the Black Hebrew Israelites were being anything other than assholes, then you truly do not know my thoughts on this matter. Next...

In other words, because of the BHI's provocations, what the boys did was okay. In other words, you believe that two wrongs make a right.

Save it. You're already starting to double-down on your support for child endangerment just as some people did on another thread. The mildest criticism I can give of your disgusting position is that you are committing the outcome bias: Since nobody got physically hurt, the boys' chaperones are in the clear.

Also as I said in the other thread, please never, ever chaperone young people with an attitude like that. Like, ever.

Ah...buried on page 8, in the lower left quarter, you finally get to saying something about the BHI group of adults instead of the minors. Premise if the thread is going strong. Also, you keep peddling some child endangerment narrative but no such thing happened. Now doing school cheers is being called child endangerment. Yeah...that's gonna fly.

Ah...buried on page 8, in the lower left quarter, you finally get to saying something about the BHI group of adults instead of the minors.

I'd love to be able to focus more on BHI, but no no no no, you guys keep tripling-down on your pathetic defense of child endangerment, so this is where we are stuck.

Premise if the thread is going strong. Also, you keep peddling some child endangerment narrative but no such thing happened. Now doing school cheers is being called child endangerment. Yeah...that's gonna fly.

Maybe you have never chaperoned young people before. Maybe you do not understand what it's like to have to have a 360-degree radar for them every second that you are out and about. One lapse, one single lapse in judgment, particularly like in a heated situation they were in, and things can get ugly in a hurry. Maybe instead of laysplaining to me about how to actually be an adult on field trips, you should sit back and listen to someone who actually knows what the hell he's talking about. Until then, please do not delude yourself into believing that you have anything of value to bring to this discussion.

I'd love to be able to focus more on BHI, but no no no no, you guys keep tripling-down on your pathetic defense of child endangerment, so this is where we are stuck.

You still haven't made your case and no, it's a straight up lie that you'd like to focus more on BHI, because if you did you would. You specifically want to keep focusing on the less egregious behavior of the minors. Hmmm...what variable is present that would make you continue to do so? Hmmm....such a mystery!

Question: In your alternate reality world of sociology being legitimate, can one minority group be racist towards another? I know you think they can't be racist against white people, so I already have that answer.

You still haven't made your case

Don't even with that any more. I already watched the video. Your OP and the rest of the points you're making suck. It's your fault that you refuse to understand the basic role of child chaperones so that you can figure out why it is incredibly foolish to defend one the ones here did.

Whats more is if you watch the real footage you'll see the maga hat kid actually walks away after the Chief walks up and beats his drum in his face for about 2 or 3 minutes.

The Chief just said that the kids were the instigators and all the news just ran with it.

Literally all the kids just get up and leave and leave the hateful crowd by themselves but mainstream media insists the kids trapped the liberals there. They like to cut that part out.

Last edited:
Don't even with that any more. I already watched the video. Your OP and the rest of the points you're making suck. It's your fault that you refuse to understand the basic role of child chaperones so that you can figure out why it is incredibly foolish to defend one the ones here did.

Anything you can dream up to keep from focusing on the BHI group, eh? At least you're consistently transparent.

Anything you can dream up to keep from focusing on the BHI group, eh? At least you're consistently transparent.

When you're ready to entertain a discussion like that, feel free to demonstrate with your actions. I'll be waiting.

This recent incident with the Covington Catholic kids in D.C. highlights the moral cowardice by those focusing on the Covington Catholic high school students. Notice that despite getting more complete videos, and better reporting on the situation (complete with many retractions or corrections by the MSMs), they are still clinging to any misstep they can find on the part of the kids.

Why so much attention to the students? Because they are a Christian, boys, mostly white, and wearing MAGA hats. For many, that alone is enough to assume the worse. It's also very safe to go after these kids because of these things. They've unwillingly become the target of a national media frenzy which has resulted in doxing, threats to the kids and their families, and now the school itself is shut down due to threats. Yet, still...people won't lose their jobs over this or get called out like they should.

Then behold the sheer racist and bigoted behavior displayed by the Black Israelite group, that was composed of adults. How are they not the ones that got put in the spotlight for what is clearly deplorable behavior. Why not put more focus on them and the things they said? Why hold them to an infinitely lower standard and scrutiny than minors? Because being critical of a minority group isn't as safe a target. I mean...why put them on blast when there are white boys wearing MAGA hats, right?

Some gems from the video:
By 1:30 they've already been disrespectful to the Native American group there (Covington kids haven't even showed up yet) calling them demons and Uncle Tomahawks
At 48:12 they call a black man who is getting upset with what they are yelling a coon.
1:07:44 They turns around to face the kids starting to gather at their rally point on the stairs, calling them incest babies, then goes on to call them lice-ridden dogs
1:10:30 calls the kids cavemen
1:46:15 calls them dirty bastards

This was just a few things from clicking through. I didn't find the part where they told a black student that the other kids were going to harvest his organs or where they call the faggots.

This is what happens when the left goes bat**** crazy over something as harmless as a MAGA hat. They are triggered too easily.

When you're ready to entertain a discussion like that, feel free to demonstrate with your actions. I'll be waiting.

Not quite happy for me repeatedly catching you trying to constantly shift the subject away from your inability to focus more of your outrage at the BHI group, eh? Damn my OP is prophetic.

Back
Top Bottom