• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Moon Colonized by the US: How Should it affect the US Electoral System?

If the United Stated Colonizes the Moon. How should this affect the US electoral System? Meaning would the Moon be given status like a State? A Territory?
Consider a Colony with a Governor and Court of Law. Military and or Police Security Force. Would they get a Senator and Congressmen or women? Would it affect our process now?

A Kicker would be.....a US citizen born on the Moon and able to run for the Presidency.
Hmmm... might not be a bad idea to require presidential candidates be residents of the moon. Of course... it'd be a delicate process to prove one's moon residency. :moon:

If the United Stated Colonizes the Moon. How should this affect the US electoral System? Meaning would the Moon be given status like a State? A Territory?
Consider a Colony with a Governor and Court of Law. Military and or Police Security Force. Would they get a Senator and Congressmen or women? Would it affect our process now?

A Kicker would be.....a US citizen born on the Moon and able to run for the Presidency.

"Fear will keep the local systems in line." --Governor Tarkin:mrgreen:

Cassini has mapped about 20 percent of Titan's surface with radar. Several hundred lakes and seas have been observed, with each of several dozen estimated to contain more hydrocarbon liquid than Earth's oil and gas reserves, according to a NASA statement. The dark dunes that run along the equator contain a volume of organics several hundred times larger than Earth's coal reserves. Proven reserves of natural gas on Earth total 130 billion tons, enough to provide 300 times the amount of energy the entire United States uses annually for residential heating, cooling and lighting, according to the release. Dozens of Titan's lakes individually have the equivalent of at least this much energy in the form of methane and ethane.
Titan Has More Oil Than Earth | Space.com

So you would be for colonizing the Moon SB? What do you think about us putting a Military base there?

I wouldn't allow so much as a slingshot on the moon, let alone any kind of military presence. The last thing we need is an orbital arms-race. The moon belongs to Earth, not to America.

I certainly do support establishing a moon base and I've already postulated some ideas for subsidizing the costs. We have to start at the moon if we're ever going to go out into the galaxy. This is a very long term investment in the human race. Not that you humans give me much of a thrill. You should have stayed in the ocean but nooooo...you crawl up on the land and in the blink of a cosmic eye, you broadcast cat videos all over the broadband spectrum.

I wouldn't allow so much as a slingshot on the moon, let alone any kind of military presence. The last thing we need is an orbital arms-race. The moon belongs to Earth, not to America.

I certainly do support establishing a moon base and I've already postulated some ideas for subsidizing the costs. We have to start at the moon if we're ever going to go out into the galaxy. This is a very long term investment in the human race. Not that you humans give me much of a thrill. You should have stayed in the ocean but nooooo...you crawl up on the land and in the blink of a cosmic eye, you broadcast cat videos all over the broadband spectrum.

:shock: Shaft says......hushyomouth. :2razz:

Cmons now.....Russia Put a flag on and under the North Pole. So we definitely need to get a base up there.

Plus just think if we did. How much more the rest of the World will hate us. :lol:

"Lawyers In Love"

I can't keep up with what's been going on
I think my heart must just be slowing down
Among the human beings in their designer jeans
Am I the only one who hears the screams
And the strangled cries of lawyers in love

God sends his spaceships to America, the beautiful
They land at six o'clock and there we are, the dutiful
Eating from TV trays, tuned into to Happy Days
Waiting for World War III while Jesus slaves
To the mating calls of lawyers in love

Last night I watched the news from Washington, the capitol
The Russians escaped while we weren't watching them, like Russians will
Now we've got all this room, we've even got the moon
And I hear the U.S.S.R. will be open soon
As vacation land for lawyers in love.

--Jackson Browne

:shock: Shaft says......hushyomouth. :2razz:
Cmons now.....Russia Put a flag on and under the North Pole. So we definitely need to get a base up there.

Plus just think if we did. How much more the rest of the World will hate us. :lol:

That flag at the North Pole has done us no harm and if it makes Russia feel important, so much the better.

We have enough enemies already and our MIC billionaires are on the verge of becoming trillionaires. Enough already. Lets do something useful for a change.

Moon would be like any other territory and eventual state.

Anyone born on the moon should be able to vote in US elections, without an ID. Otherwise you damn Republicans are intergalactic racist.

Last edited:
Μολὼν λαβέ;1062292787 said:
Anyone born on the moon should be able to vote in US elections, without an ID. Otherwise you damn Republicans are racist.

:lol: Yeah.....should be fine. As there wont be any cemetaries. :lamo

If the United Stated Colonizes the Moon. How should this affect the US electoral System?.

The side of Moon facing Earth will be promptly converted into one giant liquid crystal screen, on a generous federal grant. The price of running a 2-min Full Moon political ad will exceed our GNP, but it will be considered a prudent investment in future, because of its high-tech nature and many, many quality jobs created. On the electoral system as such it will have absolutely no effect whatsoever. Ditto for actual outcomes of elections.

The dark side of the Moon will be occupied by the Homeland Security and affiliated agencies. Their inability to see or hear anything relevant (or irrelevant) over there will be considered a small price to pay for the level of security simply unachievable on Earth.

Frustrated China will resolve to build another, alternative moon from a scratch. Rising wages, aging population and project leaders being daily executed for corruption will result in abandoning the effort half-way, and the planet will end up with a moon and a half (the Chinese one permanently stuck in first quarter). Related tidal effects will make vast coastal areas uninhabitable. It will be blamed on George W Bush.

The side of Moon facing Earth will be promptly converted into one giant liquid crystal screen, on a generous federal grant. The price of running a 2-min Full Moon political ad will exceed our GNP, but it will be considered a prudent investment in future, because of its high-tech nature and many, many quality jobs created. On the electoral system as such it will have absolutely no effect whatsoever. Ditto for actual outcomes of elections.

The dark side of the Moon will be occupied by the Homeland Security and affiliated agencies. Their inability to see or hear anything relevant (or irrelevant) over there will be considered a small price to pay for the level of security simply unachievable on Earth.

Frustrated China will resolve to build another, alternative moon from a scratch. Rising wages, aging population and project leaders being daily executed for corruption will result in abandoning the effort half-way, and the planet will end up with a moon and a half (the Chinese one permanently stuck in first quarter). Related tidal effects will make vast coastal areas uninhabitable. It will be blamed on George W Bush.

Wont that bother the Werewolves of London tho? :shock:

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062292929 said:
Where will the dead voters be buried then?

Don't worry they will be floating around somewheres. So we will be assured there was a body. :lol:

The moon is made of cheese, perhaps just give it to Wisconson.:lol:

The moon is made of cheese, perhaps just give it to Wisconson.:lol:

Nothing like some Cheese and Crackers. :lol:

c3998a9f-1b16-4b66-98ca-91532618c6eb_USATSI_7424297.jpg

Well, seeing as how most people on the Moon would be of a strongly scientific bent, and seeing as how only 6% of America's scientists are Republicans, I'm all for us colonizing the Moon and declaring it a state - it would give us that much more influence in Congress!

Well, seeing as how most people on the Moon would be of a strongly scientific bent, and seeing as how only 6% of America's scientists are Republicans, I'm all for us colonizing the Moon and declaring it a state - it would give us that much more influence in Congress!

Uhm.....that's why you guys only get the Blue Uniforms. :lol: :2razz:

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

That flag at the North Pole has done us no harm and if it makes Russia feel important, so much the better.

We have enough enemies already and our MIC billionaires are on the verge of becoming trillionaires. Enough already. Lets do something useful for a change.

Good morning, specklebang! :2wave:

AMEN! :thumbs:

Well yes get what we can.....but I just told you. Water will be priceless and there is water on the moon. Course then Air. He who controls the Spice ya knows! :2razz:

This was from 2006.

Nasa to build permanent moon base

Nasa has announced plans to build a permanent base on the moon by 2024 - raising the prospect of a manned space flight to Mars.

The ambitious proposals signal the next phase of space exploration after the agency's space shuttles are retired in 2010 and marks a radical departure from previous short trips to the moon.

The international base will be permanently staffed by 2024, four years after astronauts land on the moon to begin assembly.

Once complete, astronauts from the US and other nations will spend up to six months on the base at any one time.

Nasa said the two key reasons for establishing a base were to prepare for a manned mission to Mars - and ultimately the expansion of human civilisation to other planets. The project is likely to cost hundreds of billions of dollars and involve Nasa partners in Europe, Russia and Japan, although China's participation is unlikely.

"This is not a flag-and-footprints. This is the idea of starting an outward movement that includes long stays on the moon," said John Logsdon, the director of the Space Policy Institute at George Washington University.

The first step in establishing the base will be a new generation of lunar spaceships, which will undergo tests from 2009.

Manned flights will begin in 2014 and astronauts will land on the moon - for the first time since the Apollo mission of 1972 - in 2020.....snip~

Nasa to build permanent moon base | Science | theguardian.com

That was from 2006, before Obama.

So you would be for colonizing the Moon SB? What do you think about us putting a Military base there?

Why would you need a military base on the moon? What would they do?

Moon would be like any other territory and eventual state.

I am not sure.

Puerto Rico has voted down statehood many times.

Maybe the moon would do the same.

All the benfits without all the taxes.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062292787 said:
Anyone born on the moon should be able to vote in US elections, without an ID. Otherwise you damn Republicans are intergalactic racist.

Would that be planetists?

Back
Top Bottom