• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The monument to the Indians in Russia.

Tovarish

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Today, reading Russian media, and saw an interesting report. In Russia take place collecting donations for the installation of the monument to the "Unknown the Indian, who died defending their homeland." Monument are going to install in front of the U.S. Embassy. What do you think about this idea? And is there such a monument in the U.S.? (I do not give a reference. Here prohibits references from Russia. So - screenshot)123.jpg

Today, reading Russian media, and saw an interesting report. In Russia take place collecting donations for the installation of the monument to the "Unknown the Indian, who died defending their homeland." Monument are going to install in front of the U.S. Embassy. What do you think about this idea? And is there such a monument in the U.S.? (I do not give a reference. Here prohibits references from Russia. So - screenshot)View attachment 67150644

A pic of Navaho land and Sioux on horses. Russia better get better informed.

If it is even true, it is kind of funny :)

Is the U.S. going to put one in its Embassy in Moscow, commemorating the Dacii, Balti, Huns and Uralics? As I understand it, the Slavs originated in nowhere near the area they now inhabit, and they pushed more than a few peoples out of the way in their day.

Is the U.S. going to put one in its Embassy in Moscow, commemorating the Dacii, Balti, Huns and Uralics? As I understand it, the Slavs originated in nowhere near the area they now inhabit, and they pushed more than a few peoples out of the way in their day.

Dacii, Balti, Huns and Uralics - who is this? Russia is a federation of indigenous peoples. Russia has never traded scalps. Russia did not carry out genocide. By the way, the slaves in Russia the same way was not. Do not confuse Russia and the United States.

We didn't really push, we more of destroyed a few cultures and murdered thousands of Native Americans. Oh no, This breaks the mask of the United States helping and protecting everyone. . .

Dacii, Balti, Huns and Uralics - who is this? Russia is a federation of indigenous peoples. Russia has never traded scalps. Russia did not carry out genocide. By the way, the slaves in Russia the same way was not. Do not confuse Russia and the United States.

We'll set up a Circassian Memorial.

We'll set up a Circassian Memorial.

*laughs* You need to learn geography and history. And do not set up monuments. Heh-heh. In Russia there is Korochaevo - Cherkess Republic. This is a historical place of life, Circassians and Korochaevtsev. (Not Reservation). Again. Russia did not carry out genocide.

Dacii and Balti weren't slavs.

Also, the Dacians didn't live in Russia, but in what is now Romania, Moldavia and some outer regions.

And the Balti lived in what is now Northern Pakistan/Iran/Afghanistan area. If we are talking in fact about the same people.

Dacii and Balti weren't slavs.

Also, the Dacians didn't live in Russia, but in what is now Romania, Moldavia and some outer regions.

And the Balti lived in what is now Northern Pakistan/Iran/Afghanistan area. If we are talking in fact about the same people.

I didn't in any way indicate that the Dacii or Balti were Slavs. But they DID occupy broader/other areas than you believe. This whole thing is silly anyway, so, w h a t e v e r.

MY ancestors weren't in the US during the time when the white people here were being (supposedly) so evil, so I don't even need to consider whether I feel any sort of racial guilt at all, whatever that may entail, anyway.

Last edited:
I didn't in any way indicate that the Dacii or Balti were Slavs. But they DID occupy broader/other areas than you believe. This whole thing is silly anyway, so, w h a t e v e r.

MY ancestors weren't in the US during the time when the white people here were being (supposedly) so evil, so I don't even need to consider whether I feel any sort of racial guilt at all, whatever that may entail, anyway.

There should be no such thing as racial guilt. A man is responsible only for his wrongdoings as well as collect his laurels for his good deeds. They aren't transferrable.

There should be no such thing as racial guilt. A man is responsible only for his wrongdoings as well as collect his laurels for his good deeds. They aren't transferrable.

Exactly what I was hinting at, thank you. And that fact is what makes this thread silly.

Russia may not have but the Soviet Union sure as hell did.

Советский Союз не проводил геноцид. В СССР не было такой надписи: "Только для белых", например. Когда вы слушаете Fox News - Не забывайте думать.

Exactly what I was hinting at, thank you. And that fact is what makes this thread silly.

This thread - "What do you think about this idea? And is there such a monument in the US?". What's so silly? Or teach others is easier than talking about their sins?

The Indians probably would have laughed. If it were alive. Agree. In its country - to live on the Reservation, and to live according to someone else's rules. Even the monument to the fallen Indian soldiers want to deliver in another country. - Not good.

Советский Союз не проводил геноцид. В СССР не было такой надписи: "Только для белых", например. Когда вы слушаете Fox News - Не забывайте думать.
The Soviet Union did not conduct genocide. In the Soviet Union there was no such inscriptions: "Whites Only", for example. When you listen to Fox News - Do not forget to think.

Google говорит, что вы не правы.

Google says you are wrong

This thread - "What do you think about this idea? And is there such a monument in the US?". What's so silly? Or teach others is easier than talking about their sins?

I would rather talk about sins that America is committing right now, not ones for which nobody alive today has any personal responsibility. Like, the crap we pulled invading Iraq and what, if any, responsibility we have for Afghanistan's future. If we are going to talk about the sins of the nations, lets talk about stuff that is relevant today. That is, stuff that is happening today. There is plenty to talk about right there already.

Google говорит, что вы не правы.

Сertainly wrong. Everyone knows - Russian ride on drunk bears and eat children.

I would rather talk about sins that America is committing right now, not ones for which nobody alive today has any personal responsibility. Like, the crap we pulled invading Iraq and what, if any, responsibility we have for Afghanistan's future. If we are going to talk about the sins of the nations, lets talk about stuff that is relevant today. That is, stuff that is happening today. There is plenty to talk about right there already.

In general, the theme about the monuments.

If we are going to talk about the sins of the nations, lets talk about stuff that is relevant today.

If you recall the story - it is better to talk about Stalin? Or Hitler? And no to talk about Indians. Am I right?

....responsibility we have for Afghanistan's future.

Responsibility for Afghanistan's future? *laughs*. Here's responsibility.

44603800-foto-995-742.jpg

*laughs* You need to learn geography and history. And do not set up monuments. Heh-heh. In Russia there is Korochaevo - Cherkess Republic. This is a historical place of life, Circassians and Korochaevtsev. (Not Reservation). Again. Russia did not carry out genocide.

Yes it did.

We need to erect a monument to the hundred million people murdered by the czars and the commies.

We need to erect a monument to the hundred million people murdered by the czars and the commies.

*laughs* And why not billions? Or trillions? Actually, the post is about the monument Indians who died for their country.

*laughs* And why not billions? Or trillions? Actually, the post is about the monument Indians who died for their country.

Well, there's where monument fails: the indians weren't fighting for their country.

Well, there's where monument fails: the indians weren't fighting for their country.

In a foreign country, ordinary people want to pay tribute to the brave wars (the Indians). And they build a monument. Especially if their own country is not has such a monument. Necessary to thank Russia. Or the Indians in the U.S. are still not people? I do not understand how so many negative posts.

Back
Top Bottom