• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Money Masters

TDGonDP

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
In 1996, economics writer William Still created a documentary called “The Money Masters”. He explains how central banks have manipulated the economy, society, and history for their own financial reward. It was an eye-opener for me to see another angle of how the world really works.

The following link is my review of “The Money Masters.”

The Money Masters

When I first became interested in economics back around 2003 Bill Still was one of the first people I came across. I watched the Money Masters and followed his Youtube channel regularly.....

As time went on I began to realize that he seems to focus on more sensationalist and historical elements. His explanations usually focus on conspiratorial claims and draw inferences and extrapolate rather than base claims on specific facts.

The Money Masters points out that a lot of wealthy bankers and a Congressman went to an Island and had a secret meeting. Its inference is that they must be doing bad things, yet we're never really told what those things are. We get a singular perspective and assumption based on Mr. Stills reading of the events.

in 2013 I saw this video that he created and my suspicions were confirmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFMGqQKw12I

As far as Jekyll Island. I think it's more likely that the heads of all the big banking families were called together because they all had an enormous amount of self-interest in assuring that whatever the Federal Government decided to do, that their interests were represented. Given they were clearly the most educated on the subject it only made sense that any bill that would overhaul the system would include people who were knowledgeable.

Did those families walk away with a good deal? Sure they did, but that doesn't mean that the system overall didn't benefit as well, and it did, the evidence lay in the fact that the US, under that system has become the most powerful prosperous nation in the history of the world. Claims about the abject failure of the Fed conveniently ignore this fact.

Are the Fed and the system created around it perfect? NO, of course not. There is a lot that can be improved, but until we stop listening to people like Mr. Still and start really trying to understand how money works nothing will change. In fact, most people suffer from the Dunning Kruger effect when it comes to economics. They watch Bill Still or read "The Creature from Jekyll Island" and think they know all they need to know about government, banking and the Fed, when in reality, to know NOTHING would be better than listening to Bill Still and Edward Griffon (the same guy that thinks that cancer is a hoax).

If you want to really understand modern money, I suggest you start with basic accounting. If you don't understand basic accounting, you'll NEVER understand how modern money works.

Cheers.

When I first became interested in economics back around 2003 Bill Still was one of the first people I came across. I watched the Money Masters and followed his Youtube channel regularly.....

As time went on I began to realize that he seems to focus on more sensationalist and historical elements. His explanations usually focus on conspiratorial claims and draw inferences and extrapolate rather than base claims on specific facts.

The Money Masters points out that a lot of wealthy bankers and a Congressman went to an Island and had a secret meeting. Its inference is that they must be doing bad things, yet we're never really told what those things are. We get a singular perspective and assumption based on Mr. Stills reading of the events.

in 2013 I saw this video that he created and my suspicions were confirmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFMGqQKw12I

As far as Jekyll Island. I think it's more likely that the heads of all the big banking families were called together because they all had an enormous amount of self-interest in assuring that whatever the Federal Government decided to do, that their interests were represented. Given they were clearly the most educated on the subject it only made sense that any bill that would overhaul the system would include people who were knowledgeable.

Did those families walk away with a good deal? Sure they did, but that doesn't mean that the system overall didn't benefit as well, and it did, the evidence lay in the fact that the US, under that system has become the most powerful prosperous nation in the history of the world. Claims about the abject failure of the Fed conveniently ignore this fact.

Are the Fed and the system created around it perfect? NO, of course not. There is a lot that can be improved, but until we stop listening to people like Mr. Still and start really trying to understand how money works nothing will change. In fact, most people suffer from the Dunning Kruger effect when it comes to economics. They watch Bill Still or read "The Creature from Jekyll Island" and think they know all they need to know about government, banking and the Fed, when in reality, to know NOTHING would be better than listening to Bill Still and Edward Griffon (the same guy that thinks that cancer is a hoax).

If you want to really understand modern money, I suggest you start with basic accounting. If you don't understand basic accounting, you'll NEVER understand how modern money works.

Cheers.

I did run across Mr. Still's other great work called "The New World Order". I haven't read it, but it seems to be about the Freemasons running the world show. That might be worthy of a tin foil hat.

I was having a discussion on Writerbeat with a fellow who thought he understood monetarist economics. But it seemed he understood less than I did--and I know I have some serious limitations. But he made enough sense for me to watch the documentary. Mr. Still barely explains monetarism in a meaningful way, but I'm pretty convinced that the owners of the central banks are using their system that benefits everyone, but running some side businesses to further their own profits.

Basic accounting, I already have. Could use more, but it's that time and money thing. . . . . . I have watched a few more videos on monetarism in the past few weeks. Still not grokking the concept, but I finally got a handle on how the tallysticks in England worked. But be assured that I won't claim monetarism is an easy topic. We need the central bank to be a public institution, but have considerable distance from the politicians. Having private ownership creates a perception of skullduggery, if not actual skullduggery.

In 1996, economics writer William Still created a documentary called “The Money Masters”. He explains how central banks have manipulated the economy, society, and history for their own financial reward. It was an eye-opener for me to see another angle of how the world really works.

The Money Masters

TDGonDP et al:

It's not as big and as privately controlled by private banking interests as the US Federal Reserve but the Bank of Canada (BoC) grotesquely mutated under the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Government in 1974 and as a result Canadian federal, provincial and municipal debt has ballooned since 1974. Former Prime Minister William Lyon MacKenzie King, who nationalised the Bank of Canada in 1938, must be spinning in his grave (when he's not talking to mother that is.:) )

Have a read and look at the graphs. It will make you sick to your stomach.

https://canadiandimension.com/artic...-reinstated-to-its-original-mandated-purposes

Cheers?
Evilroddy.

TDGonDP et al:

It's not as big and as privately controlled by private banking interests as the US Federal Reserve but the Bank of Canada (BoC) grotesquely mutated under the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Government in 1974 and as a result Canadian federal, provincial and municipal debt has ballooned since 1974. Former Prime Minister William Lyon MacKenzie King, who nationalised the Bank of Canada in 1938, must be spinning in his grave (when he's not talking to mother that is.:) )

Have a read and look at the graphs. It will make you sick to your stomach.

https://canadiandimension.com/artic...-reinstated-to-its-original-mandated-purposes

Cheers?
Evilroddy.

Very interesting article. Central banks are indeed a murky world.

I recall an article where the Central Banks of Canada and USA more or less funded the WW2 effort. The article said that the purpose of War Bonds was not to provide funding for the war, but to sop up extraneous spending by consumers. In this way, resources were directed to the war effort and inflation was kept in check. The buyers of War Bonds thought they were being patriots. Most of the funds to build armies and navies came from the printing press, which explains how these economies were able to transform so quickly.

The world needs a new relationship with its central banks. But first it need to get rid of political parties.

BTW, did you get my private message(s)?

The Money Masters

I'm working my way through it. The theoretical discussion is good, but the history is suspect. There's not much evidence that the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, and Civil War were in any way inspired by banking. And the idea that central banks funded Hitler is laughable.

I'm working my way through it. The theoretical discussion is good, but the history is suspect. There's not much evidence that the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, and Civil War were in any way inspired by banking. And the idea that central banks funded Hitler is laughable.

The documentary did seem a little over the top at times. I'm not sure we could say that the central banks actually caused the various wars. But I believe they had a big part in how the decision makers made their moves during the wars.

I think it's historically correct that the 13 colonies did try their own script, which helped their economy. When that was taken away by the British Parliament, the American economy suffered, which then sowed seeds for the War of Independence.

I don't think the connection between the rise of the Third Reich and the central banks is laughable. How else does one explain Germany being a country beset by the Treaty of Versailles in teh 1920s become a country with a great war machine in the 1930s---when most of the rest of the world is going through an economic depression? The central banks had something to do with it.

The documentary did seem a little over the top at times. I'm not sure we could say that the central banks actually caused the various wars. But I believe they had a big part in how the decision makers made their moves during the wars.

I think it's historically correct that the 13 colonies did try their own script, which helped their economy. When that was taken away by the British Parliament, the American economy suffered, which then sowed seeds for the War of Independence.

I don't think the connection between the rise of the Third Reich and the central banks is laughable. How else does one explain Germany being a country beset by the Treaty of Versailles in teh 1920s become a country with a great war machine in the 1930s---when most of the rest of the world is going through an economic depression? The central banks had something to do with it.
Germany was always an industrial machine. They just handled the depression better than other countries.

Sent from my phone. Instaurare omnia in Christo.

Germany was always an industrial machine. They just handled the depression better than other countries.

It is obvious you are my intellectual superior. There is no point in furthering this discussion.

It is obvious you are my intellectual superior. There is no point in furthering this discussion.

What do you want me to tell you? Your theory is that a regime that criticized international finance and banks was going to be backed up by international finance and banks? It makes no sense.

The Money Masters

perfectly idiotic to believe Fed Chairmen Volker Greenspan Bernanke or Yellen profited one penny beyond their salaries. If you have evidence I"ll pay you $10,000. Bet?

perfectly idiotic to believe Fed Chairmen Volker Greenspan Bernanke or Yellen profited one penny beyond their salaries. If you have evidence I"ll pay you $10,000. Bet?

If one has the smarts to understand monetarist economics, one should also have the smarts to benefit and hide the money trail.

I saw an interview with Mr. Greenspan shortly after the crash. He claimed that setting up mortgages for people who couldn't afford them was still good economic policy. I lost all respect after that.

If one has the smarts to understand monetarist economics, one should also have the smarts to benefit and hide the money trail.

I saw an interview with Mr. Greenspan shortly after the crash. He claimed that setting up mortgages for people who couldn't afford them was still good economic policy. I lost all respect after that.

We are not talking about whether you have respect for Greenspan, but whether there is a shred of evidence that Fed chairmans profited one penny beyond their salaries. Do you understand?

I see, so you are pretending there is a money trail but you don't actually have a shred of evidence??

The Money Masters

If you can find it on tv it's called The Big Short, you might enjoy it. I didn't read the link, but let me guess. People with big money and power manipulate the system to their benefit. Am I close? Let's elect another billionaire who is in tune with the average american.

As U2 says, gold is the reason for the wars we wage. Central banks did help fund hitler. Every country he conquered his peeps hit the central bank. The swiss also helped him.

Let's elect another billionaire who is in tune with the average american.

300,000 new jobs last month!! how is that for in tune??

As U2 says, gold is the reason for the wars we wage. Central banks did help fund hitler. Every country he conquered his peeps hit the central bank. The swiss also helped him.

childlike nonsense!! central banks print money they don't create wealth. Do you understand this?

If you can find it on tv it's called The Big Short, you might enjoy it..

pop culture movie did not address basic economic causes of housing collapse

What do you want me to tell you? Your theory is that a regime that criticized international finance and banks was going to be backed up by international finance and banks? It makes no sense.

Germany merely understood that you don't need gold to boost your economy, you simply create fiat money and spend it. The government spent money on building the war machine, and those Germans who used to be unemployed now had some money to spend. And the whole German economy benefited.

The rest of the world was too worried about how they would pay for that government spending, and their recovery had to wait until they had no choice but to deficit spend.

Germany merely understood that you don't need gold to boost your economy, you simply create fiat money and spend it. The government spent money on building the war machine, and those Germans who used to be unemployed now had some money to spend. And the whole German economy benefited.

The rest of the world was too worried about how they would pay for that government spending, and their recovery had to wait until they had no choice but to deficit spend.
Or more simply, they just realized that having almost a quarter of your workforce doing nothing for years is stupid.

The government spent money on building the war machine, and those Germans who used to be unemployed now had some money to spend. And the whole German economy benefited.

printing and spending produces inflation, churns the existing economy into recession, and produces no growth. Conversely, capitalist spending is very very efficiently allocated toward growth opportunities. That is what causes economic growth. 1+1=2

printing and spending produces inflation, churns the existing economy into recession, and produces no growth. Conversely, capitalist spending is very very efficiently allocated toward growth opportunities. That is what causes economic growth. 1+1=2

Prove it. Show us a graph or two that demonstrates how deficit spending produces inflation. Shouldn't be hard, the U.S. has been steadily deficit spending for most of its history.

The rest of your claims are similarly unsupported garbage.

Back
Top Bottom