• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The mental gymnastics of Trump supporters

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Non-Trump supporters see him for what he is--what Mitt Romney described as a phony con man.

Trump is constantly caught making all kinds of lies. So, how do Trump supporters justify supporting a pathological liar? In this video, you see how. It's through desperate reality bending rationalizations. Lies aren't lies if you can reinterpret them to be ambiguous enough such that they are somewhat true.

I don't think there is any way to get through to people like this.

Trump supporters know he's a sleazy ignorant con man. But it's better to have a Republican con man than any flavor of liberal.

Last edited:
Mental gymnastics?

Hell, it's looking more like Stockholm syndrome! :doh

Non-Trump supporters see him for what he is--what Mitt Romney described as a phony con man.

Trump is constantly caught making all kinds of lies. So, how do Trump supporters justify supporting a pathological liar? In this video, you see how. It's through desperate reality bending rationalizations. Lies aren't lies if you can reinterpret them to be ambiguous enough such that they are somewhat true.

Trump supporters know he's a sleazy ignorant con man. But it's better to have a Republican con man than any flavor of liberal.

What the American right does NOT grasp is that by accepting the lies they give license to their enemies to say anything they want....it doesn't have to have any factual merit as anything they say in rebuttal is 90% sure to be a lie.

I rarely miss an opportunity to point out that Trump has a very tiny penis based on his tiny blunt little fingers. It doesn't matter whether its true since nothing they say is, therefore their protests against such a claim must be lies.

See? That's the right wing logic in action against them.

You can say anything at all about Trump.

For instance, over two years ago I made the claim that Trump used non documented workers at his resorts. I had not one iota of evidence, and had no research whatsoever.

So this past week we find out he used to have illegals working for him, but they've all been fired.

So lie away. If it isn't true now, wait a few weeks......

"You dont agree with me so you are crazy/inferior/defective" is what the inferior people do.

The better people instead of looking for excuses to ignore listen and try to understand.

Because we got educated.

Trump opponents with their judgmental magnifying glasses find ways to add support to their hateful twisted claims that Trump lies constantly by spinning everything he says into a lie according to their judgmental erroneous bias. Where is their outrage over the lies told them by prominent democrats for years? This is not really outrage at humans for lying. Democrat animosity towards Trump is not really so much about lying as it is about demonizing Trump in order to give the democrat a better chance of winning in 2020.

Trump opponents with their judgmental magnifying glasses find ways to add support to their hateful twisted claims that Trump lies constantly by spinning everything he says into a lie according to their judgmental erroneous bias. Where is their outrage over the lies told them by prominent democrats for years? This is not really outrage at humans for lying. Democrat animosity towards Trump is not really so much about lying as it is about demonizing Trump in order to give the democrat a better chance of winning in 2020.

You have failed to even begin to understand Trump Hate....it runs so much deeper than that.

See? Thank you marke, you could have been that caller on that British radio show!!
You JUST DID exactly the SAME thing that guy did.

SOMEHOW, IN YOUR MIND - - - it's US, the Trump OPPONENTS who are, according to you, "spinning everything he says into lies."

Why would we need to even do that when he's doing a bangup job of it himself?
And somehow THIS is the man that GOD anointed?

HaironFire.jpg :lamo :lamo :lamo

Caller #3 !!

Sadism is big in America now....the hate runs cold clear and deep.....even as most are too ignorant and self aware to know...regardless of how many degrees they have purchased.

WE USED TO BE BETTER

Last edited:
Come on, let's get ALL of you in here and we'll do our own little radio show!
I have all the equipment needed to go live right now.

I've been doing coast to coast radio stuff off and on out of L.A. since 2012.

Studio Howard.jpg

Let's get all the Trump supporters gathered together and do a call in show and have our little experiment.

View attachment 67249353

Let's get all the Trump supporters gathered together and do a call in show and have our little experiment.

Talk is cheap.

BWHAHAHAHA thats halarious and sounds like some the extrem nutters here . . . VERY entertaining!

Talk is cheap.

Actually it can pay very well, thank you.
Paid enough that I could help move into a bigger house four miles down the road, twice the size and only a hundred bucks more in mortgage.

I just discovered that you're one of those Alex Jones nutters who believes Pizzagate, Seth Rich, Sandy Hook false flag, etc.
Don't ever bother attempting to engage me in anything. You and ITN are about two mental beers away from a six pack that puts you both on the news in the headlines forever, and not a good thing, mind you.

My animosity towards Trump is due to his insulting of blacks, Hispanics, women, Muslims, etc., his documented lies, his suggestion that he would institute torture worse than waterboarding, that he would kill the families of terrorists, in short that he takes pride in the possibility of being a war criminal, of doing things we hanged Japanese and Germans for after WWII. The man is a lowlife.

See? Thank you marke, you could have been that caller on that British radio show!!
You JUST DID exactly the SAME thing that guy did.

SOMEHOW, IN YOUR MIND - - - it's US, the Trump OPPONENTS who are, according to you, "spinning everything he says into lies."

Why would we need to even do that when he's doing a bangup job of it himself?
And somehow THIS is the man that GOD anointed?

View attachment 67249352 :lamo :lamo :lamo

Democrats: Trump is mean, nasty, dangerous, ugly, and drinks through straws.

trump drinks thru straw ad nutwing goes haywire.jpg

The mental gymnastics of Trump supporters

Trumpkins defending Trump and his BS

Tying-Yourself-In-Knots.01.jpg

DA82HEdXgAE2dr8.jpg

Actually it can pay very well, thank you.
Paid enough that I could help move into a bigger house four miles down the road, twice the size and only a hundred bucks more in mortgage.

I just discovered that you're one of those Alex Jones nutters who believes Pizzagate, Seth Rich, Sandy Hook false flag, etc.
Don't ever bother attempting to engage me in anything. You and ITN are about two mental beers away from a six pack that puts you both on the news in the headlines forever, and not a good thing, mind you.

If you really are involved in public debate you should appreciate my input.

My animosity towards Trump is due to his insulting of blacks, Hispanics, women, Muslims, etc., his documented lies, his suggestion that he would institute torture worse than waterboarding, that he would kill the families of terrorists, in short that he takes pride in the possibility of being a war criminal, of doing things we hanged Japanese and Germans for after WWII. The man is a lowlife.

To each his own. I oppose ungodliness and atheism, among other things, which forces me to vote against the God rejecters in politics.

OMFG!! Jesus, Mary and Joseph! You know, if that caller weren't such an idiot, he'd be a decent novelist, for his imagination is quite boundless.

The caller's opening theme/assertion:
  • Trump's lies "point to truth."
    • No, fool! Lies definitionally point away from the truth! You know why? Because they are lies, not the truth or any form of it.
The host then bids the caller to defend his assertion that Trump's lies "point to truth" by identifying two lies Trump has told and asking the caller to identify to what truth each lie points. One of the lies of which the caller was asked to identify the truth toward which the lie pointed is Trump's post-Brexit "prediction" that Brexit would happen. Upon being unable do so, the caller even more insipidly cited his unfamiliarity with British politics as the reason he couldn't identify the truth to which Trump's post-facto "prediction" pointed.

What stood out most, however, is that the Trumpkin caller had made an assertion that he could neither aptly defend and that, being unable to aptly defend it, he would not recant. And that's what makes Trumpkins (or anyone else, Trumpkin or not) deplorable, reprehensible, stupid, dissembling and utterly contemptible to me: making indefensible remarks about things they don't well understand, and when the surreality of what they've asserted or believe is made clear to them, they yet hew to it.

Off-Topic:
Anecdotal correlate:​

• [*=1]Believe it or not, I found myself engaged with someone who predicted the Willie Brown-Kamala Harris affair would surface within a week. I told the member I'd hold him/her to that prediction. A day or so later the member replied to me by sharing a link to a news article discussing Willie Brown and Sen. Harris. I looked into the matter, and what did I discover? Brown and Harris' affair had been (1) reported in the 1990s in People magazine, (2) again in the early aughts, and lastly yet before the member made the prediction, this year in USA Today. I shared the articles with the member and he yet maintained that he had some sort of prescience, that his "crystal ball" was spot on.

The exchange in the video that begins around the 1:30 mark reminded me of the above dialogue I had. At that point in the video, the caller attempts to defend the veracity of the notion that Trump predicted Brexit would happen, yet at the time Trump made the prediction, Brexit had already happened the day before.

View attachment 67249353

If you find gathering them like trying to herd cats, you may care to watch this instead:

What does that video illustrate that many other comedic ones don't? That even rich Trumpkins are idiots.

The democrats don't pick your nominees. Own up to the fact this president is a serial liar. You are doing exactly what the guy on the radio is trying to do. Tell us what trump meant when we can see his words in writing and hear his voice saying it with our own ears. We don't need to twist his words, the folks on the right do it for us, we only need to see and hear him saying it on television. You guys are killing your own credibility trying to defend trump.

OMFG!! Jesus, Mary and Joseph! You know, if that caller weren't such an idiot, he'd be a decent novelist, for his imagination is quite boundless.

The caller's opening theme/assertion:
  • Trump's lies "point to truth."
    • No, fool! Lies definitionally point away from the truth! You know why? Because they are lies, not the truth or any form of it.
The host then bids the caller to defend his assertion that Trump's lies "point to truth" by identifying two lies Trump has told and asking the caller to identify to what truth each lie points. One of the lies of which the caller was asked to identify the truth toward which the lie pointed is Trump's post-Brexit "prediction" that Brexit would happen. Upon being unable do so, the caller even more insipidly cited his unfamiliarity with British politics as the reason he couldn't identify the truth to which Trump's post-facto "prediction" pointed.

What stood out most, however, is that the Trumpkin caller had made an assertion that he could neither aptly defend and that, being unable to aptly defend it, he would not recant. And that's what makes Trumpkins (or anyone else, Trumpkin or not) deplorable, reprehensible, stupid, dissembling and utterly contemptible to me: making indefensible remarks about things they don't well understand, and when the surreality of what they've asserted or believe is made clear to them, they yet hew to it.

Off-Topic:
Anecdotal correlate:​

• [*=1]Believe it or not, I found myself engaged with someone who predicted the Willie Brown-Kamala Harris affair would surface within a week. I told the member I'd hold him/her to that prediction. A day or so later the member replied to me by sharing a link to a news article discussing Willie Brown and Sen. Harris. I looked into the matter, and what did I discover? Brown and Harris' affair had been (1) reported in the 1990s in People magazine, (2) again in the early aughts, and lastly yet before the member made the prediction, this year in USA Today. I shared the articles with the member and he yet maintained that he had some sort of prescience, that his "crystal ball" was spot on.

The exchange in the video that begins around the 1:30 mark reminded me of the above dialogue I had. At that point in the video, the caller attempts to defend the veracity of the notion that Trump predicted Brexit would happen, yet at the time Trump made the prediction, Brexit had already happened the day before.

I vaguely recall that exchange about the brown prediction you had with that other person. Am I remembering correctly one of you guys said something about a shoe dropping?

For instance, over two years ago I made the claim that Trump used non documented workers at his resorts. I had not one iota of evidence, and had no research whatsoever.

So this past week we find out he used to have illegals working for him, but they've all been fired.

Trump has a documented history of hiring illegals. Old information.

I vaguely recall that exchange about the brown prediction you had with that other person. Am I remembering correctly one of you guys said something about a shoe dropping?

Yes....

The democrats don't pick your nominees. Own up to the fact this president is a serial

I have a better idea. Let's own up to the fact that the 'You can keep your doctor' and "the movie guy caused the non-terror attack at Benghazi' pathological liars did more damage to America than the guy who miscalculated the crowd size at his inauguration.

Back
Top Bottom