• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Menace That Is Pokémon Go

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
All these young people out, walking around, instead of getting fat and pale skinned in front of a computer monitor at home all day. It's not normal I tell you.

We seem to be going through this phase where every time a Pokémon Go player does something dumb it will be reported in blaring headlines as if a jumbo jet crashed somewhere or something. For example:

Woman trying to catch Pokemon in cemetery gets stuck in tree

'Pokémon Go' players in Bosnia are wandering into minefields

In the last example the danger was because someone was doing a video about Pokémon Go and got a little carried away with the stunts. Which is to say the stupid is metastasizing.

Incredibly dangerous' Pokemon Go stunt draws ire of TTC

From Dave Barry's blog.

Pokemon Go is a thinly veiled attempt to weed out the stupid people of the world.

I hope it works.

pokemon-go-players-looking-for-pokemon-1.gif

People complain about millenials when they don't go outside enough, then complain when they go outside too much. They just can't catch a break.

Pokemon Go Users Tripping, Falling, Getting Sunburned While Using App : People.com

It's almost like kids these days have reverted to the 20th century stone ages when they were expected to play outside. Too much of this, and they're likely to start getting splinters, dirty fingernails, and skinned knees.

My point exactly. I, myself, as a child used to get these ailments -- skinned knees (I actually wore holes in the knees of my blue jeans), dirty fingernails, splinters. Lots of splinters. Not to mention sunburns, blisters on my feet, bug bites, the list goes on.

If only I'd stayed indoor all day I would have avoided all this. But then we didn't have video games or computers so I'd have to be content with watching TV (two channels at the time) and reading the encyclopedia. But then I had radiant manly health until that fateful day when I started learning how to use a computer (a Kapro, as I recall) and my muscles turned to flab. I think they install a flab chip in personal computers.

My point exactly. I, myself, as a child used to get these ailments -- skinned knees (I actually wore holes in the knees of my blue jeans), dirty fingernails, splinters. Lots of splinters. Not to mention sunburns, blisters on my feet, bug bites, the list goes on.

If only I'd stayed indoor all day I would have avoided all this. But then we didn't have video games or computers so I'd have to be content with watching TV (two channels at the time) and reading the encyclopedia. But then I had radiant manly health until that fateful day when I started learning how to use a computer (a Kapro, as I recall) and my muscles turned to flab. I think they install a flab chip in personal computers.

I told my 10 year old son to go play outside.

He said "but it's hooooooot"

I loved hot as a kid.

Back
Top Bottom