• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"The men who wants AIDS...

Dooble

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
.... and how it improved their lives".

The Men Who Want AIDS

Many of you know where I stand on this kind of thing, but I thought I'd get reactions from some of you...

The Men Who Want AIDS

Many of you know where I stand on this kind of thing, but I thought I'd get reactions from some of you...

That's a weird story but understandable given his situation. Wanting AIDS to get the perks which give you a better life, its like harsh welfare, "You want benefits? - get AIDS so we don't have to pay for too long".

There are no limits to what people will do to not have to work.

The Men Who Want AIDS

If these morons were female then they would only need to produce a welfare baby. Sad that many will do destructive things simply to get on the dole. Liberals tell us that this is quite rare, and I hope that it is, but it is still quite crazy.

Yeah ... no. Most of these people don't have an education, are mentally ill or have been involved with gangs/prostitution against their will (had they had the economic stability to even have a will). Given that this guy is young, black and gay, it's very possible that his parents kicked him out of his house before he graduated high school. He probably doesn't have a marketable skill to his name.

Believe me, if this guy had that option to even get a job, he'd have taken it. Drugs and HIV got to him first though.

Yeah ... no. Most of these people don't have an education, are mentally ill or have been involved with gangs/prostitution against their will (had they had the economic stability to even have a will). Given that this guy is young, black and gay, it's very possible that his parents kicked him out of his house before he graduated high school. He probably doesn't have a marketable skill to his name.

Believe me, if this guy had that option to even get a job, he'd have taken it. Drugs and HIV got to him first though.

Yeah, no. The guy is willfully refusing to take his meds to make himself worse so he can get more benefits and not have to work. "Marketable skill" is nothing more than have a strong back, will use for $$$ if you do not feel entitled to something. You cannot defend this behavior with the Victim Card and expect to be taken seriously.

What a horrible, sad, story. It's not much different from people who want to be, or at least appear to be, disabled in order to get Social Security Disability, or even third world beggars who mutilate their children in order to make them more pathetic and thus more able to beg.

The Men Who Want AIDS

I find this sad, really. For most of us, we wouldn't be happy with just a roof over our heads and a warm, safe place to sleep. We want more from life. And we're willing to work toward it. "Plan to work, and work the plan," so to speak. But some are not willing to work a plan . . . or even work. Especially once one has started a downward spiral fueled by a crappy education (non-existent sometimes), poverty, dysfunctional families, etc. No tools. They have no tools.

For those (a small percentage, if the truth were known and we could reach many of them), we need to just pony up. It's what civilized and conscientious people do.

A warm, safe place to sleep. Enough food and water. And a few lifelines strewn about to offer a way out for those who are looking for one.

I have no idea if the stories in the article are true. If they are - if people have to stoop to getting a deadly disease in order to get some help getting out of poverty in our society - that's a sad indictment of our society.

We need better outreach programs.

I don't think most people want to live on handouts; but if they have no way to gain skills needed for a job, what are they supposed to do?

Youth that are on the streets don't have a lot of options.

he was homeless and generally in a very desperate situation. I don't blame him for seeing his illness as something different than say, you or I would if we were ever to have it. For me, AIDS would be a life ending. There is no cure, just treatment so you can live with AIDS, and you may pass it on to your children, not to mention the high risk of passing it to other people. And since my picture perfect life does include a family with children, well, what's the point in living.

This is why I feel that organizations that encourage people and arrange for adoption of children with AIDS should be criminally prosecuted.

So it's not about him not wanting to work. Well, not totally at least. It's about how this individual sees his disease as not really a disease.

I doubt this is so common that we now have to start demonizing people with AIDS as trying to live on the government tit on purpose. I've never met anyone with HIV who was glad they had it, or tried to win over the sympathy of others because of it. Most people with HIV keep it private because of social stigma or simply being misunderstood.

This seems like one of those "gotcha" stories that sensationalize an issue that is actually quite serious.

Many of you know where I stand on this kind of thing...

Considering the title of your post, should we assume you are referring to basic Enhglish grammar,here?

Back
Top Bottom