• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The media’s lies and double standards accelerate at blinding speed

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
[FONT=&quot]According to the media, not all grieving parents of fallen servicemen are created equal. Whether those parents are protected, defended and respected or ignored, dismissed and smeared depends on their political affiliation — and how useful they are to the “right” side.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Witness the tale of three parents that emerged during the course of the Republican and Democratic conventions. On the first evening of the Republican convention, [/FONT]Patricia Smith[FONT=&quot] spoke lovingly about her son Sean, who was one of four Americans killed in the Islamic terror attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi on Sept. 11, 2012. She reminded the world of the kind of man Sean was — a decent, hardworking patriot who chose to serve his country in one of the most dangerous places on earth.

[/FONT]
=-=-=

[FONT=&quot]A week later, another grieving mother appeared in prime time at the Democratic convention. Khizr Khan and his wife Ghazala paid tribute to their son, Army Capt. Humayun Khan, who was killed in action in Iraq in 2004. Like [/FONT]Mrs. Smith[FONT=&quot], Mr. Khan also told us what a fine, brave, patriotic man Humayun was. But unlike [/FONT]Mrs. Smith[FONT=&quot], he attacked someone who had no responsibility for his son’s death: Donald Trump.

[/FONT]
-=-=

[FONT=&quot]Three parents suffered the ultimate loss through similar experiences, yet one was largely marginalized while the others were celebrated. After their speeches, [/FONT]Mrs. Smith[FONT=&quot] receded while the Khans were granted countless interviews to continue their anti-Trump barrage. A Media Research Center’s analysis showed that the Khans received more than 50 times more coverage from the three major broadcast networks than they gave to [/FONT]Mrs. Smith[FONT=&quot]. And the coverage was predictably unfair: MSNBC described [/FONT]Mrs. Smith[FONT=&quot]’s speech as “offensive” and Mr. Khan’s as ” memorable,” the Nation described her remarks as “a cynical exploitation of grief,” and a writer for GQ magazine said he’d like to “beat her to death.” [/FONT]Mrs. Smith[FONT=&quot] described being “treated like dirt.”[/FONT]
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/3/medias-lives-double-standards-accelerate/

The article is most excellent.

It's no surprise, the liberal media is out of the closet in full force in your face of their bias and support for liberalism.

If Trump didn't attack the family we would no longer be hearing about them. If Clinton were to come out tomorrow and attack Pat Smith and refuse to apologize then you'd also hear about that for quite some time.

Everyone is sick and tired of this crybaby bull****. That the media dare to report on a presidential candidate attacking a gold star family.

If Trump didn't attack the family we would no longer be hearing about them. If Clinton were to come out tomorrow and attack Pat Smith and refuse to apologize then you'd also hear about that for quite some time.

Everyone is sick and tired of this crybaby bull****. That the media dare to report on a presidential candidate attacking a gold star family.

Exactly. It's not about the Khans, not about other "gold star" families, it's about the reaction of the conman to one of them daring to oppose one of Trump's proposals.

Media's lies, double standards accelerate - Washington Times

[...] A week later, another grieving mother appeared in prime time at the Democratic convention. Khizr Khan and his wife Ghazala paid tribute to their son, Army Capt. Humayun Khan, who was killed in action in Iraq in 2004. Like Mrs. Smith, Mr. Khan also told us what a fine, brave, patriotic man Humayun was. But unlike Mrs. Smith, he attacked someone who had no responsibility for his son’s death: Donald Trump. [...]​

The article is most excellent.

This is such an absurd argument it barely merits commentary. Either you think that people shouldn't be allowed to attack people who didn't kill their children, or you're willfully missing the reasons why Khan attacked Donald Trump, which had nothing to do with Trump being responsible or not responsible for their son's death. My money is on the latter.

Exactly. It's not about the Khans, not about other "gold star" families, it's about the reaction of the conman to one of them daring to oppose one of Trump's proposals.

And what about the bias from the other side?

A whole lot of Trump supporters said that they had a problem with the Khans exploiting their son for political purposes, but Patricia Smith did the exact same thing at the RNC, and they didn't have a problem with it.

Clinton did "attack" Smith's credibility, but in a clever way, by stating that Smith "misremembered" (lied about?) what Hillary said due to her grief. Smith was far from the only one that knows Hillary supported the spontaneous video protest gone wild theory over a planned terror attack.

And what about the bias from the other side?

A whole lot of Trump supporters said that they had a problem with the Khans exploiting their son for political purposes, but Patricia Smith did the exact same thing at the RNC, and they didn't have a problem with it.

Well, she's allowed to attack but only because Hillary Clinton actually went out to Benghazi and led the charge against the american embassy and when american troops showed up to fight she turned them all away with her mind control, ensuring that the terrorists could finish the job. / sarcasm

I don't agree with Pat. The worst I think you can say about Clinton is that while she was in charge, one request out of thousands that come in was turned down and it was a mistake to do so. It doesn't mean she doesn't care about the people, it doesn't mean she's irresponsible. If she had good intelligence that there was going to be an attack she would have done every thing possible to get them out of harms way. So to say that I disagree with Mrs. Smith is to put it lightly. I think she's wrong.

But anyone that says she's exploiting her son for political purposes, or that she doesn't have the right to say whatever she wants should shut the **** up, and if they are a politician they should be thrown out of office at the earliest chance.

That is an extremely fair point.

Well done.

Clinton did "attack" Smith's credibility, but in a clever way, by stating that Smith "misremembered" (lied about?) what Hillary said due to her grief. Smith was far from the only one that knows Hillary supported the spontaneous video protest gone wild theory over a planned terror attack.

That's not an "attack" no matter how many quotes you put around "attack". And saying that someone is "misremembering" is not saying they lied. Furthermore, Trump released a statement saying that Kahn had "no right" to say what he said, where as Clinton has never said anything of the sort.

There is a very good reason that veterans groups and fellow republicans are pissed at Trump and only partisan hacks are pissy with Clinton. Can you take a guess as to why?

That's not an "attack" no matter how many quotes you put around "attack". And saying that someone is "misremembering" is not saying they lied. Furthermore, Trump released a statement saying that Kahn had "no right" to say what he said, where as Clinton has never said anything of the sort.

There is a very good reason that veterans groups and fellow republicans are pissed at Trump and only partisan hacks are pissy with Clinton. Can you take a guess as to why?

Clinton lied about the video (telling different versions to different folks) and that is a fact.

WALLACE: She and the father of Tyrone Woods both say that on the day that their sons’ bodies were returned to the United States that you came up to them and you said it was all because of a video, not terrorism. Now, I know some of the other families disagree with this, and I know you deny it. The question is, why would they make that up?

HILLARY CLINTON: Chris, my heart goes out to both of them. Losing a child under any circumstances, especially in this case, two State Department employees, extraordinary men both of them, two CIA contractors gave their lives protecting our country, our values. I understand the grief and the incredible sense of loss that can motivate that. As other members of families who lost loved ones have said, that’s not what they heard, I don’t hold any ill feeling for someone who in that moment may not fully recall everything that was or wasn’t said.

Have We Forgotten That Hillary Pretty Much Called A Gold Star Mother A Liar? - Matt Vespa

Clinton lied about the video (telling different versions to different folks) and that is a fact.

Have We Forgotten That Hillary Pretty Much Called A Gold Star Mother A Liar? - Matt Vespa

1. That's not a fact. I don't think you know what fact means.
What did Hillary Clinton tell the families of people who lost their lives in Benghazi? | PolitiFact

It is impossible to know with certainty what Clinton told these families in brief conversations at a private reception only three days after Benghazi. Some, but not all, family members who have spoken to the media said Clinton mentioned a video or protests in their meeting. Some said she didn’t mention a video. Clinton says she did not.

If she did say something about the video, would it have been an intentional lie? It’s very possible that this is one of the many conflicting pieces of intelligence that the administration was working with at the time.

There simply is not enough concrete information in the public domain for Rubio or anyone to claim as fact that Clinton did or did not lie to the Benghazi families.

2. She didn't call her a liar. You can twist it all you want by saying "she pretty much called her a liar", but if you have to use "pretty much" that's just a cover for "Hey guys, I'm about to spout some bull****, get ready!"

Last edited:
So ya'll contend that had Trump not picked a fight with the Khan's, the uncouth idiot that he is (trump), they would have faded away in the media like Sean Smith's mother did?

I just... can't buy that.

So ya'll contend that had Trump not picked a fight with the Khan's, the uncouth idiot that he is (trump), they would have faded away in the media like Sean Smith's mother did?

Well, in all fairness, she hasn't exactly faded. She's still doing interviews and speaking out about Hilary, which is her right. But it's very hard to bitch about how much media is being given to one side when that side was attacked by a candidate. I would think this is about the most obvious thing to anyone ever, but I guess not?

Let me ask you this, If Trump had responded with "I'm very sorry for their loss, I can tell they are sincere americans who raised an american hero as a son, and while I disagree with them, they've earned the right to say what they want. etc" and Hillary had replied "well, she's lying about happened, I mean I was there, and she's just lying. She's a very dishonest person, have you seen the reports, that's what they say!" and then after that liberals found out that she used to work for a company that did some work for Cliven Bundy, and therefor since she worked for a company that at one point worked with Cliven Bundy, she's obviously a racist since Bundy is a racist etc...

Do you think if that happened, everything in reverse, that we'd be talking more about Kahn or more about Mrs. Smith and the attacks on her? Just give me your honest opinion.

Well, in all fairness, she hasn't exactly faded. She's still doing interviews and speaking out about Hilary, which is her right. But it's very hard to bitch about how much media is being given to one side when that side was attacked by a candidate. I would think this is about the most obvious thing to anyone ever, but I guess not?

Let me ask you this, If Trump had responded with "I'm very sorry for their loss, I can tell they are sincere americans who raised an american hero as a son, and while I disagree with them, they've earned the right to say what they want. etc" and Hillary had replied "well, she's lying about happened, I mean I was there, and she's just lying. She's a very dishonest person, have you seen the reports, that's what they say!" and then after that liberals found out that she used to work for a company that did some work for Cliven Bundy, and therefor since she worked for a company that at one point worked with Cliven Bundy, she's obviously a racist since Bundy is a racist etc...

Do you think if that happened, everything in reverse, that we'd be talking more about Kahn or more about Mrs. Smith and the attacks on her? Just give me your honest opinion.

The media very much has paid her little attention, while the Khan's are getting the red carpet treatment. That, is the point of this and why I posted it here and not elsewhere.

The media very much has paid her little attention, while the Khan's are getting the red carpet treatment. That, is the point of this and why I posted it here and not elsewhere.

Comparatively, she hasn't recieved nearly as much, agreed.

Can you answer my question from the last post? I'm genuinely curious to see if you think that would change anything.

Indeed it is, and quite spot on.

The MSM appears to be binging on cyanide daily. More disturbing are the numbers of people lining up for their own personal doses.

Are people comfortable with what amount to as State Run Media?

It appears many are.

What happens should the bias and partnership change to propaganda they don't like?

Now, I know some of the other families disagree with this, and I know you deny it. The question is, why would they make that up?
OMG...did Chris Wallace just call those other families....who disagree with Smith....liars? Or is he acknowledging that Smith....did make it up?

Oh and Sean Smith had been retired from the military for a decade.....so his mom is not Gold Star.

Probably even more so.....since there always will be a constant drumming of the Benghazi attack by the right wing.

And I thought Drumpf's big point was......that the Muslim mother.....was silent.

Why are Pat Smith and the Khans constantly being compared? Except for the fact that both lost their sons and both were invited to speak at a national political convention, there is zero correlation between their stories.

The objection the Khans have to Donald Trump had absolutely nothing to do with the actual death of their son. The objection they have to Trump is his persistent message that all Muslims are bad - even American born Muslims.

The objection Pat Smith has to Hillary Clinton is that she holds Hillary Clinton responsible for her son's death, and she said that Hillary said something to her (which she probably did) that turned out to not be the case.

When Mr. Khan voiced his objection over a policy that Trump plans to enact as President, Trump responds by saying that that Mrs. Khan is being silenced and isn't allowed to speak. Nothing about their son, nothing about the service of good Muslim-American soldiers, nothing about how he knows there are far many more good Muslims than Jihadists, so let's have a conversation about it etc. No, the man-child has to act in his usual ignorant, personal vendetta, unprofessional way.

When Mrs. Smith voiced her objection over what happened in Benghazi, and called out Clinton for being wrong about the video being responsible for her son's death, Hillary didn't say anything personal about Mrs. Smith or her husband or Sean's father or anything not related to her gripe.

People are attempting to deflect from Trump's mistake but saying "But but but..Patricia Smith!". Yes many in the media treated Mrs. Smith like garbage, including Chris Matthews and some others. What does that have to do with what Trump said? Chris Matthews isn't running for President.

OMG...did Chris Wallace just call those other families....who disagree with Smith....liars? Or is he acknowledging that Smith....did make it up?

Oh and Sean Smith had been retired from the military for a decade.....so his mom is not Gold Star.

No - Clinton telling different stories to different folks yields that result. ;)

The lies and double-standards I see mainly come from people who seem to feel the need to compulsively defend Trump no matter what he says or does. It's almost like they don't want to admit what a big ****ing mistake they made when they decided to cheerlead for the scumbag.

The lies and double-standards I see mainly come from people who seem to feel the need to compulsively defend Trump no matter what he says or does. It's almost like they don't want to admit what a big ****ing mistake they made when they decided to cheerlead for the scumbag.

The irony of your partisan hackery is going to kill this thread. Thanks.

No - Clinton telling different stories to different folks yields that result. ;)
Oh, you were privy/there. If not, it becomes she said/she said and no one can prove anything.

Yer dealing with an obviously severely distressed woman who makes irrational claims like:

"Hillary Clinton is personally responsible for the death of my son."

Oh, you were privy/there. If not, it becomes she said/she said and no one can prove anything.

Yer dealing with an obviously severely distressed woman who makes irrational claims like:

"Hillary Clinton is personally responsible for the death of my son."

That (bolded above) is Hillary's best (only?) defense.

Back
Top Bottom