• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Many Alleged Lies of George Santos

George Santos is one of Washington's most enigmatic political figures. 95% of what he says is a lie and can be disproven. For example, in 2016, he said four people he worked with died at the Pulse Nightclub shooting in Orlando. After a later media investigation, this statement turned out to be a lie.

I. The Pulse Night Club Lie
  1. In the wake of the shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando, George Santos claimed that four of his employees died in the shooting.
  2. The New York Times did a deep dive into Santos's backstory, and it turned out that most, if not all, of what he said was a lie.

II. The Brazilian Lie
  1. In 2011, 19-year-old George Santos stole two checks from his mother's former employer and used them to buy goods totaling over USD 1,000.
  2. In 2013, after refusing to respond to multiple requests from the Brazilian government, the government closed the case because it could not find Santos.
  3. Brazilian prosecutors reopened the case when Santos resurfaced to run for the United States Congress.
  4. Santos eventually signed a non-prosecution agreement in 2023 involving the payment of USD 5,000 in restitution to the shopkeeper who processed the check, and the rest of the money would go to charity.

III. Here are the alleged lies found in the Santos indictment.
  1. He said "Company 1," was registered as a Super PAC. It was not.
  2. He said that his company, "Company 1," was registered as a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization. It was not.
  3. George Santos told "Person 1" to solicit contributions to "Company 1" based on information that Santos provided to "Person 1." The information Santos provided was false.
  4. "Person 1" solicited contributions to Santos' "Company 1," claiming that there were no limits on campaign contributions used for television advertisements for Santos' campaign. Santos told "Person 1" that there was no contribution limit and that the 501(c)(4) was only for his campaign. Using reassurances that the funds were solely for his campaign and the organization would be only for his re-election. Santos received money from two donors. He did not use the funds for his campaign but for himself. For these lies, he faces five counts of wire fraud, primarily because the text messages he sent his second contributor and the emails he sent the first contributor were full of false information.
  5. George Santos also received two contributions from his donors, which resulted in three wire fraud charges. There was one charge for each donation, plus a charge for transferring one of the donations from one of Santos's bank accounts to the other. Since he spent the funds for personal gain, the FBI charged him with theft of public money. Five lies resulted in nine charges.
  6. Santos allegedly applied to receive unemployment benefits from the CARES Act. He was, in fact, the regional director at Investment Firm #1. This fraudulent application netted Santos two charges of wire fraud, one for each time that the New York State Department of Labor gave him unemployment money due to his fraudulent application.
  7. He lied about his income twice when reporting his finances to Congress. He did not make what he claimed, which would have made him a millionaire. He failed to disclose information about his income from Investment Firm #1 and the ill-gotten unemployment benefits claim! He also claimed that he made more money from some companies and less money than he did from others.

The FBI is seeking civil asset forfeiture and restitution for his crimes.

George Santos is one of Washington's most enigmatic political figures. 95% of what he says is a lie and can be disproven. For example, in 2016, he said four people he worked with died at the Pulse Nightclub shooting in Orlando. After a later media investigation, this statement turned out to be a lie.

I. The Pulse Night Club Lie
  1. In the wake of the shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando, George Santos claimed that four of his employees died in the shooting.
  2. The New York Times did a deep dive into Santos's backstory, and it turned out that most, if not all, of what he said was a lie.

II. The Brazilian Lie
  1. In 2011, 19-year-old George Santos stole two checks from his mother's former employer and used them to buy goods totaling over USD 1,000.
  2. In 2013, after refusing to respond to multiple requests from the Brazilian government, the government closed the case because it could not find Santos.
  3. Brazilian prosecutors reopened the case when Santos resurfaced to run for the United States Congress.
  4. Santos eventually signed a non-prosecution agreement in 2023 involving the payment of USD 5,000 in restitution to the shopkeeper who processed the check, and the rest of the money would go to charity.

III. Here are the alleged lies found in the Santos indictment.
  1. He said "Company 1," was registered as a Super PAC. It was not.
  2. He said that his company, "Company 1," was registered as a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization. It was not.
  3. George Santos told "Person 1" to solicit contributions to "Company 1" based on information that Santos provided to "Person 1." The information Santos provided was false.
  4. "Person 1" solicited contributions to Santos' "Company 1," claiming that there were no limits on campaign contributions used for television advertisements for Santos' campaign. Santos told "Person 1" that there was no contribution limit and that the 501(c)(4) was only for his campaign. Using reassurances that the funds were solely for his campaign and the organization would be only for his re-election. Santos received money from two donors. He did not use the funds for his campaign but for himself. For these lies, he faces five counts of wire fraud, primarily because the text messages he sent his second contributor and the emails he sent the first contributor were full of false information.
  5. George Santos also received two contributions from his donors, which resulted in three wire fraud charges. There was one charge for each donation, plus a charge for transferring one of the donations from one of Santos's bank accounts to the other. Since he spent the funds for personal gain, the FBI charged him with theft of public money. Five lies resulted in nine charges.
  6. Santos allegedly applied to receive unemployment benefits from the CARES Act. He was, in fact, the regional director at Investment Firm #1. This fraudulent application netted Santos two charges of wire fraud, one for each time that the New York State Department of Labor gave him unemployment money due to his fraudulent application.
  7. He lied about his income twice when reporting his finances to Congress. He did not make what he claimed, which would have made him a millionaire. He failed to disclose information about his income from Investment Firm #1 and the ill-gotten unemployment benefits claim! He also claimed that he made more money from some companies and less money than he did from others.

The FBI is seeking civil asset forfeiture and restitution for his crimes.
I am MAJORLY impressed!!!

His list of sins is so long, everyone has lost track! Well, almost everyone....

THAKY YOU for this wonderful anthology!

Give the guy a break. He's just practicing for a run at the Republican presidential nomination.
Here's the sick thing.

This isn't funny any more. 😥

Here's the sick thing.

This isn't funny any more. 😥
You either laugh at current Republican 'antics', or you believe that they really are as sick as they appear to be. I'm still choosing to laugh (for now) because the alternative is to believe that the country is going to turn into some sort of sick, undemocratic, authoritarian hell hole.

You either laugh at current Republican 'antics', or you believe that they really are as sick as they appear to be. I'm still choosing to laugh (for now) because the alternative is to believe that the country is going to turn into some sort of sick, undemocratic, authoritarian hell hole.
It's a sick conundrum, no?

I'm getting increasingly frightened though. I don't care about me. I care about my grandkids in college who think they have bright futures...

I'm getting increasingly frightened though. I don't care about me. I care about my grandkids in college who think they have bright futures...
I'm fortunate enough to have multiple citizenships which I have passed on to my children as I have lived and worked outside the US. The chances of my children raising their own families in the US is decreasing more and more as the radical right try to turn the US into something that will never support the values they grew up with. In terms of 'political sanity' and the sort of social values that my family holds dear, the US has moved to the bottom option we have during the last few years. It is truly sad to watch.

I'm fortunate enough to have multiple citizenships which I have passed on to my children as I have lived and worked outside the US. The chances of my children raising their own families in the US is decreasing more and more as the radical right try to turn the US into something that will never support the values they grew up with. In terms of 'political sanity' and the sort of social values that my family holds dear, the US has moved to the bottom option we have during the last few years. It is truly sad to watch.
My grandkids scare me. They are very open to the world I am suddenly very afraid of. Two healthy hetero Catholic raised girls. Neither of them want marriage and kids. They want careers only.

I'm just along for the ride.....

What makes Santos unique is you sometimes have a lie about heritage, how much money you have, etc. - but all those lies are very rarely all in -one- candidate. Even Ben Carson lied about being offered admission to West Point -- but you still knew that there was a person named Ben Carson who was a surgeon. Santos lies all the time, and it is very hard to verify -anything- about him.

Thank you for the compliment, @My2Cents. :)

That the baby liar has been exposed is a good thing, when he's finally forced to resign from his office in the people's house & faces criminal charges is another...

You just described a Trump second term

You just described a Trump second term
That's if a) Trump wins, and b) Trump doesn't leave office day one after his second victory. Remember, all he wants to do is win. If he wins a second time … there's no more elections to be won.

My grandkids scare me. They are very open to the world I am suddenly very afraid of. Two healthy hetero Catholic raised girls. Neither of them want marriage and kids. They want careers only.

I'm just along for the ride.....

They say that now. Give them a few years!

What makes Santos unique is you sometimes have a lie about heritage, how much money you have, etc. - but all those lies are very rarely all in -one- candidate. Even Ben Carson lied about being offered admission to West Point -- but you still knew that there was a person named Ben Carson who was a surgeon. Santos lies all the time, and it is very hard to verify -anything- about him.

Thank you for the compliment, @My2Cents. :)

Tell me about it. In a bar I recently overheard someone lauding Santos' courage on D-Day, saying he took out a few bunkers before evacuating a wounded general, several wounded colonels and at least a dozen wounded majors to safety though, in the telling, one of the majors later died, but it turns out the dead major was British which was quite a relief, and while I thought the story was unlikely in the extreme, I wasn't actually there on D-Day, so I said nothing.

MAGA.

Anna Luna‘s political rise, in some respect like George Santos’, speaks to the underlying ugliness of our current political landscape. Anna Luna relied more on behind-the-scenes maneuvering and image than truth. She has extremely shallow roots in District 13 (my home District):

Coo Coo. Coo Coo. Coo Coo.

Pretty Ms. Luna, age 33, spent most of her formative years using the last name Mayerhofer. She grew up in Southern California. Her accent reminds me of Gwen Stafani.

She needed a lot of help to win congressional seat, Florida District 13, a district that she bought a home in in 2020 and has scant background with. I live and vote in Florida District 13. I grew up in Florida, registering to vote for the first time in 1974 in Florida District 13.

Charlie Kirk with Turning Point USA helped her Bigly. Gov. DeSantis‘ successful gerrymandering helped her Bigly. Between 2020 and 2022, redrawn District 13 went from Minus 4 Biden to Plus 7 Trump.

Only a Right Wing Nut would think the video you posted made a valid point that Twitter executives violated the 1st amendment rights of U.S. citizens. Ms. Luna obviously badgered both Mr. Roth and Ms. Gadde. How many private cloud servers did you use during November 2020? Please name them. Please identify the topics you discussed in each one of the private cloud servers you named.

Ms. Luna has taken significant liberty with her personal biography.

Though intent seemed clear enough, I misstated in my previous post the odds. The 13th District, after the 2020 U.S. Census and Team Wokey’s heavy-handed gerrymandering success, swung hard from slightly favoring a DEM candidate in 2020 to strongly favoring a GOP candidate in 2022. Thus accounting for Anna Luna winning.

Back
Top Bottom