• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Magic Is All Used Up. It Doesn't Work Anymore.

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
If [EU Leaders] had taken action, given up a few of their perks, spread the benefits, seen the people paying their wages felt they too were winning from this it could have been different. ... Instead they just said the magic words “Racism, sexism etc.”. Likewise if the EU elite had given David Cameron real concessions on the main concern of the people who voted leave – immigration, instead of ignoring those concerns, dismissing them as racism etc…

The magic is all used up. It doesn't work any more.

Fascinatingly, in the rage about the stupid people who dared vote for leaving the EU, the modern liberal left has turned viciously on older people, and the other group who voted strongly for Brexit – the poor, blue-collar solid working class artisans whose jobs have ‘globalized’ – saving their ‘betters’ money, but making them poorer. They’ve sneered at them as stupid, racist etc. wanting to go back to the past…

Hmm. You know, the past began a microsecond ago. It seems to me that one group wants to go on with the certainty of that past, wanted that status quo, even if it certainly wasn't working for many people. It was working for them.

The people who voted to leave know you can't turn the clock back. For them the EU was no good, and the direction it was taking was worse, and the elites of the EU didn't give a fig about them. So now the boot is on the other foot. Do the elites think that the folks care if their skiing trip and their cosy job in London are endangered? The time to have built that good will, to make sure that ordinary people liked the EU and the small town artisans didn't hate it, is past.

The EU has failed in a lot of ways. But with the EU elites it's always someone else's fault. My guess is that after the miserable efforts they will make to punish their foes, in part to keep what they have and in part in anger over their loss, we will see continued decline of the EU.

https://madgeniusclub.com/2016/06/27/brexit-it-is-our-fault/

The people who voted to leave know you can't turn the clock back. For them the EU was no good, and the direction it was taking was worse, and the elites of the EU didn't give a fig about them. So now the boot is on the other foot. Do the elites think that the folks care if their skiing trip and their cosy job in London are endangered? The time to have built that good will, to make sure that ordinary people liked the EU and the small town artisans didn't hate it, is past.

The EU has failed in a lot of ways. But with the EU elites it's always someone else's fault. My guess is that after the miserable efforts they will make to punish their foes, in part to keep what they have and in part in anger over their loss, we will see continued decline of the EU.

https://madgeniusclub.com/2016/06/27/brexit-it-is-our-fault/

I have always viewed the EU as a banking conspiracy. It consolidated the power of the largest financial institutions and gave these institutions enormous political power. The EU is good for banks, but bad for the common man. I think that is the common denominator regarding Brexit. There is much greater analysis to be made on the details of the financial institutions to which I am referring and one should remember the key words "political power" when analyzing the facts available. Who wants consolidated political power and who profits? Always the same questions.

Back
Top Bottom