• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The lw media can't stop lying about about George Zimmerman

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Over the weekend the NY Times published an opinion video about the 10th anniversary of Travon Martin’s death. The video features interviews with Henry Louis Gates, Al Sharpton and Barack Obama. It starts off on a controversial note with Gates arguing that the modern Civil Rights movement really started after the “murder” of Martin. There was of course a trial of George Zimmerman for murder back in 2013 and he was acquitted on grounds of self defense. In any case, the video quickly shifts into telling the story of the shooting starting with the 911 call which Zimmerman placed that night. Here’s a transcript of the audio as presented by the Times: [emphasis added]

Dispatcher: Sanford Police Department, this line is being recorded. This is Sean.

Zimmerman: Hey, we’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. He looks black.

Dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing?

Zimmerman: A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie. He’s got something in his hands. I don’t know what his deal is. These assholes, they always get away. Shit, he’s running.

Dispatcher: Are you following him?

Zimmerman: Yeah.

Dispatcher: Okay, we don’t need you to do that.

I'm all for journalistic integrity.

But defending George Zimmerman isn't the hill I would die on. He has proven in the years since killing Trayvon that he's a complete shit of a human being and the only reason anyone would identify with, or want to defend him is that they identify with his brand of wannabe vigilantism.

Over the weekend the NY Times published an opinion video about the 10th anniversary of Travon Martin’s death. The video features interviews with Henry Louis Gates, Al Sharpton and Barack Obama. It starts off on a controversial note with Gates arguing that the modern Civil Rights movement really started after the “murder” of Martin. There was of course a trial of George Zimmerman for murder back in 2013 and he was acquitted on grounds of self defense. In any case, the video quickly shifts into telling the story of the shooting starting with the 911 call which Zimmerman placed that night. Here’s a transcript of the audio as presented by the Times: [emphasis added]

Dispatcher: Sanford Police Department, this line is being recorded. This is Sean.

Zimmerman: Hey, we’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. He looks black.

Zimmerman: A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie. He’s got something in his hands. I don’t know what his deal is. These assholes, they always get away. Shit, he’s running.

The irony must be lost on you that your source is "hotair.com." :LOL:

But defending George Zimmerman isn't the hill I would die on. He has proven in the years since killing Trayvon

He proved it by stalking a kid and killing him.

The jury that let him off will have to answer for that to St. Peter.

I wish them luck because they are gonna need it.

Also Glenn Beck's outlet accusing anyone else of journalistic malfeasance is ****ing hilarious. There's a reason it's called "hot air."
the only thing that undermines your post. He's right. And you know it.

He proved it by stalking a kid and killing him.

The jury that let him off will have to answer for that to St. Peter.

I wish them luck because they are gonna need it.
of course that's not accurate, but not surprising. You blindly followed the lw and didn't bother to read anything that countered your biaased mind.

Also Glenn Beck's outlet accusing anyone else of journalistic malfeasance is ****ing hilarious. There's a reason it's called "hot air."

Glenn Beck = "journalistic malfeasance" = hot air.

Journalists got fired in the past for spreading this lie. Surprised the NY Times is still lying about this. I wonder if this is part of why they stood by the revisionist "history" of the 1619 Project. The narrative is more important than the truth.

I'm all for journalistic integrity.

But defending George Zimmerman isn't the hill I would die on. He has proven in the years since killing Trayvon that he's a complete shit of a human being and the only reason anyone would identify with, or want to defend him is that they identify with his brand of wannabe vigilantism.
"I'm all for journalistic integrity, except for when they lie about people I don't like." :rolleyes:

This is how pathetic right wingers are, so desperate they are digging up zimmerman nonsense? LOL Holy shit. Zimmerman is a scumbag, so I guess not surprising he's an idol to the right

The irony must be lost on you that your source is "hotair.com."

LOL. Sharing of such garbage links should be bannable, its so clear its trolling

/thread

Bigger fish to fry

This is how pathetic right wingers are, so desperate they are digging up zimmerman nonsense? LOL Holy shit. Zimmerman is a scumbag, so I guess not surprising he's an idol to the right

LOL. Sharing of such garbage links should be bannable, its so clear its trolling
NY Times is the one "digging up Zimmerman nonsense." This was a big story and the NY Times/Brian Stelter even covered the firing of journalists who presented the very same lie they just ran. Is the NY Times going to fire the people responsible for this?

Like many other people, I was astonished to learned that the jury had had the guts to acquit Mr. Z.

Although political correctness in 2013 had not yet reached today's degree, it was still very prominent, so I assumed that whenever someone of ethnicity X was considered a victim, the alleged perp would be found guilty.

The media then indeed did everything possible to portray the victim in a favorable light, and President Obama told us that he could have had such a son.

I doubt that a defendant today in such a case could be acquitted.

Back
Top Bottom