• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the lunch thread

My daughter is a vegan since she's 10 years old. Made my cooking dinner a nightmare after work because there was so much she couldn't eat. She is now 35 and I have to say being a vegan definitely suits her. She is in good shape and she has skin that is envied by most

Middle daughter tried being a vegetarian once. Envied her discipline. When she went back to eating meat, she threw up for 2 days.

So you're both meat-eaters now. OK I was gonna say it's hard to have different diets under the same roof. I've been off carbs and sugar, but the guy I'm with now is a chef and cooks a lot of starches, rice, potatoes, etc. I feel obligated to eat because he's gone to the trouble of cooking after a long day of work, but I really wish he'd stick with just healthy veg and proteins.
Yeah, i get that. I sometimes eat stuff that I shouldn't because it's there.

Middle daughter tried being a vegetarian once. Envied her discipline. When she went back to eating meat, she threw up for 2 days.
My daughter will not even touch meat. When she would come in the kitchen and I was preparing it just looking at it made her gag. Have no idea what reaction she would have if she ate it accidentally.

So your daughter now eats meat again?

My weakness is Italian food o_O

My daughter will not even touch meat. When she would come in the kitchen and I was preparing it just looking at it made her gag. Have no idea what reaction she would have if she ate it accidentally.

So your daughter now eats meat again?

My weakness is Italian food o_O

Yeah she eats meat now. I love cheeseburgers too much to give up meat.

Yeah she eats meat now. I love cheeseburgers too much to give up meat.
The Impossible Whoppers were great. McDonald's is currently testing the McPlant in some markets. If it's any good, that might become a regular thing for me.

Steak and cheese protein bowl.

Reactions: PoS
Caesar salad
Bologna sandwich on 80s goosefood bread.

Easter lunch :
Chicken and noodles
Mashed potatoes
Dinner roll
Cornbread cassarole
Chocolate chip cookie for a snack afterwards.

lunch deserves its rightful place alongside dinner, because occasionally, it's the best meal of the day.

so what are you having for lunch?

i'll start :

today was tortilla crusted fish, rice with cheese, and canned potatoes. this is the first time i've ever had canned potatoes, which is odd for someone in his 30s. they were actually pretty good.
Cajun style Jambalaya with fresh gulf coast shrimp.

I did a combo lunch
Smoked salmon
Sous vide salmon and Sirloin steak
And steamed shrimp
The Grand kids can be picky.
Everyone found something that they liked!

Easter Late Lunch:

Rib Steaks and fried mushrooms
Peas
Green salad

Also tried out a Kashi granola bar - Mocha Almond - split a bar with hubby for less sugar.
It's a good one - nice and chewy.

1/2 Club sandwich from the local deli we like
Pretzels.

I'm saving the other half for tomorrow.

English muffin sandwich with Canadian bacon and Swiss cheese
Spicy sweet chili Doritos.

Kale smoothie (kale, blueberries, yogurt).

I'm doing this for a late lunch (an hour or two before dinnertime) from now on, because it apparently cures your fatty liver. Time will tell.

Kale smoothie (kale, blueberries, yogurt).

I'm doing this for a late lunch (an hour or two before dinnertime) from now on, because it apparently cures your fatty liver. Time will tell.
I hope that it works. I should probably be nicer to my own liver.

I hope that it works. I should probably be nicer to my own liver.
Well they actually recommended kefir over yogurt, but I cant find any of the stuff here in this part of the 3rd world. Here's hoping that yogurt is a good substitute. :oops:

Kind of off topic -- but has anyone here tried the raw honey and apple cider vinegar for weight loss?

Kind of off topic -- but has anyone here tried the raw honey and apple cider vinegar for weight loss?
I heard that apple cider vinegar makes you more insulin sensitive, so it helps with losing weight- I drink about two spoonfulls a day (diluted with water- otherwise its awful). Dunno about honey.

I heard that apple cider vinegar makes you more insulin sensitive, so it helps with losing weight- I drink about two spoonfulls a day (diluted with water- otherwise its awful). Dunno about honey.
Thank you for the response @PoS; much appreciated

Breakfast burrito and half a pancake.

Vegan Pad Thai and baked chips.

Back
Top Bottom