• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the lunch thread

1/2 Reuben
Salt and vinegar chips.

Had time today to take my wife some lunch at her work. It was fun.

Big Mac
Part of a medium order of fries. Split the rest with the dogs.

Xmas day lunch: pasta with clams, whole wheat bread and butter, white wine, leftover dessert from the Eve dinner.

I'm having the same thing for lunch every day - a garden salad. Boring, but healthy.
I am craving a salad right now but have to wait until my next grocery delivery or order Uber eats (which has been costing too much). I eat salad often but the lettuce doesn't last long enough and if I buy a lot it goes bad. grrr

Just ate some leftover chili topped with sharp shredded cheese :)

I am craving a salad right now but have to wait until my next grocery delivery or order Uber eats (which has been costing too much). I eat salad often but the lettuce doesn't last long enough and if I buy a lot it goes bad. grrr
I live in Newfoundland. Our lettuce gets trucked from the southern US, gets on a ship, then trucked across the island.

It's in sad condition by the time it gets on the store shelf 😔

Leftover tofu Pad Thai.

My standard lunch:
Salad topped with grilled chicken.

I mix up what veggies/toppings and which dressing.

Today I'm trying a new honey balsamic dressing. Romaine lettuce, lots of shredded carrots, some sesame seeds, olives, shredded cheddar cheese, red onion, cherry tomatoes.

Romaine salad with apple dressing, bacon bits, and pretzels
Home made egg salad sandwich on health nut bread.

Had another serving of yesterday's chili.

Had a Reuben from a local deli.

Well, I made chicken tenders for dinner last night, and sauteed brussel sprouts. Brought that for lunch today, but then get here and the fabulous techs have planned to cook dinner for everyone on the grill out back.

May still eat my brussel sprouts, though. Sauteed them to a nice little crisp in bacon fat. :love:

Chicken soup and crusty roll w/butter. Iced tea and a brownie.

I was so wrong. I totally thought you were vegan, or at least vegetarian.
I was a vegetarian for three years, so you weren't wrong. When COVID hit, my workload went nuts, and I was getting exhausted and sometimes sick to my stomach. At that point in 2020, I went back to eating meat. It helped. I might become a vegetarian again at some point, though. I liked it, but I wasn't doing it right, apparently.

I was a vegetarian for three years, so you weren't wrong. When COVID hit, my workload went nuts, and I was getting exhausted and sometimes sick to my stomach. At that point in 2020, I went back to eating meat. It helped. I might become a vegetarian again at some point, though. I liked it, but I wasn't doing it right, apparently.

Your wife is vegan though, right? She cool with you eating meat?

Your wife is vegan though, right? She cool with you eating meat?
She was a vegetarian with me until her first pregnancy. She went back to meat at that point. I remained a vegetarian until the next year. It made meal planning challenging.

She was a vegetarian with me until her first pregnancy. She went back to meat at that point. I remained a vegetarian until the next year. It made meal planning challenging.

So you're both meat-eaters now. OK I was gonna say it's hard to have different diets under the same roof. I've been off carbs and sugar, but the guy I'm with now is a chef and cooks a lot of starches, rice, potatoes, etc. I feel obligated to eat because he's gone to the trouble of cooking after a long day of work, but I really wish he'd stick with just healthy veg and proteins.

My daughter is a vegetarian (actually she eats fish so its another name - I forgot) since she's 10 years old. Made my cooking dinner a nightmare after work because there was so much she couldn't eat. She is now 35 and I have to say being a whatever she is definitely suits her. She is in good shape and she has skin that is envied by most

Daughter went on a class trip to a petting zoo and came up that day after school and announced she would not eat meat.

Back
Top Bottom