• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the lunch thread

For the first time since I was a kid I made some homemade (non microwave) popcorn. Bourbon on the rocks to go with it while watching streaming movies/TV shows.

More snacks then anything.

Apples, bananas, mixed nuts, beef jerky. Then my wife made a cauliflower thing, indian-ish. I'm thinking half a teaspoon of ground coriander is a bit much (among other spices). On the other hand, it strangely works. You get this chili/turmeric/cardamom/other stuff at first wave, then coriander comes in with a gentle peppery bite, the chili coasting on top.

roast beef and Swiss cheese with horseradish sauce on toasted Wonder bread
baked Lays.

i consider Wonder bread to be mostly suitable for feeding the ducks, but my wife likes it, so i buy it every now and again. it also works well with hot dog gravy.

Matzoh Brie.

It's basically a matzoh, egg, milk mixture that is very onion-heavy with a bit of garlic, black pepper, salt. Crispy on the outside, soft and gooey (but cooked) in the middle.

Last edited:
A massive Chinese order. Should get a number of meals out of it . . .'

- Lamb with green pepper
- Shredded pork tripe with chili pepper
- family style beef tendons
- Shredded beef with chili pepper
- Chengdu spicy chicken
- Mala spicy pot (fatty beef, beef tendon, pork stomach, beef tripe, beef stomach)

Ham and cheese sandwich
Baked Lays.

Lean cuisine chicken club panini
Doritos.

roast beef and Swiss sandwich on goosefood 80s white bread with horseradish sauce.

Lean cuisine French bread pizza
Baked Lays.

Reactions: Bum
Made this the other morning for lunch at work, cheese, ham , salad , Mayo...14inches long...plus crisps ,energy bar and apple and a flask of tea..😛

2D58A643-2A60-48EC-B333-DF9A55FAB0DF.jpeg

Tuna sandwich on whole grain wheat ( no mayo ), Dill pickle wedge, 2 Mazette hot peppers, homemade German potato salad.

Homemade sushi.

BLT - T (didn't have a tomato) with light mayo
parmesan kettle chips.

bologna and cheese sandwich w/ light mayo
Ritz toasted chips.

Veggie delight 6" sub with mayo
Sun chips original.

We're meeting our granddaughter for a late lunch today at The Spaghetti Factory.

Yep, Italian it will be and probably my favorite, Mizithra ala Homer.

lunch deserves its rightful place alongside dinner, because occasionally, it's the best meal of the day.

so what are you having for lunch?

i'll start :

today was tortilla crusted fish, rice with cheese, and canned potatoes. this is the first time i've ever had canned potatoes, which is odd for someone in his 30s. they were actually pretty good.
BLT on 9 grain, apple, orange

That canned ( tinned they are called here) potatoes thing....well we stopped eating them in the 80’s lol....you can still get them though.🤢🤮

Best potatoes you can get in the U.K. are Jersey Royals.

https://www.jerseyroyal.co.uk/

Back
Top Bottom