• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the lunch thread

home made bologna and Swiss cheese mini sub
yogurt.

Reactions: PoS
turkey and roast beef sandwich with Swiss cheese, lettuce, and horseradish sauce on 15 grain.

Vegetarian gyoza (pan fried for extra crunch) with thai sweet chili sauce as a dip, and sliced tomatoes on the side.

I had a craving so I ordered a bunch of Chinese from the authentic place. This will double as dinner:

Shredded pork tripe with chili pepper
Sauteed pork and squid with tried turnip and garlic
Sauteed lamb with pickle peppers
Mala spicy pot (Fatty beef, beef tendon, beef tripe, beef stomach, lamb)

Roast beef and Swiss sandwich with a little horseradish sauce

Small order of onion rings with ketchup.

Turkey and bacon sandwich with light mayo
Sun chips.

Pancakes (I usually wake up at around noon so breakfast is lunch on weekends) with cheap pancake syrup (I grew up on this stuff, so no maple for me).

Feeling more than a little under the weather and am not getting much work done. So, I'll probably end up cooking. (I'm the last one in the household to get this cold, so no spreading concern).

I've got this shortrib and oxtail recipe, in a hearty tomato-garlic type sauce. Going to add cubed pork belly to it. I work off this basic recipe:

Recipe.png

Add a bunch of things, and cook longer at lower temp. Say, 2.5-3h at 280. Oxtail takes longer to get nice and soft. Short ribs don't suffer for the extra time.

- total of 2.5 lb oxtail/2.5 lb short rib
- a head or two of garlic, fine-chopped
- A whole chopped onion
- A bunch of chopped mushrooms (if I have them, I grill portabellas and the onion before chopping it up and putting in).
- Spanish smoked paprika, sweet hungarian paprika, dark chili powder (ie, ancho or similar type), lemongrass, coriander, chili flakes/cayenne (I'd use habenero or ghost chili but it's a bit much for the wife), bay leaves, fresh-ground black pepper, whatever else strikes my fancy.
- Read boat salt (fish sauce salt, basically) instead of normal.
- 2-3 tbs whole grain mustard
- I do not drain off the fat.
- The oz can is of tomato paste, not sauce. Paste is much richer. Use more like 2 cans since I expand the recipe.
- Vinegar is sherry vinegar.

Feeling more than a little under the weather and am not getting much work done. So, I'll probably end up cooking. (I'm the last one in the household to get this cold, so no spreading concern).

I've got this shortrib and oxtail recipe, in a hearty tomato-garlic type sauce. Going to add cubed pork belly to it. I work off this basic recipe:

View attachment 67297835

Add a bunch of things, and cook longer at lower temp. Say, 2.5-3h at 280. Oxtail takes longer to get nice and soft. Short ribs don't suffer for the extra time.

- total of 2.5 lb oxtail/2.5 lb short rib
- a head or two of garlic, fine-chopped
- A whole chopped onion
- A bunch of chopped mushrooms (if I have them, I grill portabellas and the onion before chopping it up and putting in).
- Spanish smoked paprika, sweet hungarian paprika, dark chili powder (ie, ancho or similar type), lemongrass, coriander, chili flakes/cayenne (I'd use habenero or ghost chili but it's a bit much for the wife), bay leaves, fresh-ground black pepper, whatever else strikes my fancy.
- Read boat salt (fish sauce salt, basically) instead of normal.
- 2-3 tbs whole grain mustard
- I do not drain off the fat.
- The oz can is of tomato paste, not sauce. Paste is much richer. Use more like 2 cans since I expand the recipe.
- Vinegar is sherry vinegar.

i hope that you feel better soon.

turkey and Swiss sandwich
garlic parmesan chips.

I'd forgotten about these.

I'd mixed hot italian sausage with ground beef, about 50/50, and froze up some burgers. I had a bit of each left over from other things. I wouldn't do it.

I just had a bacon cheeseburger with it, and the combination of sausage and bacon was a bit much. A bit too salty-fatty......that taste.

Lamb/beef burgers are awesome, on the other hand.

Turkey sandwich with bacon, lettuce, and light mayo
Baked Lays.

Short rib/oxtail/pork belly leftovers.

Beef tripe in a sort of spicy tomato-garlic sauce.

Going to have to have something else later. Not enough food.

lean pocket cheesesteak with the spiciest horseradish sauce i could find around here
soft pretzel with more of the sauce.

i've been on a horseradish kick again lately.

Leftover roast chicken (about a breast and other meat picked off the carcass - I pick them clean after a chicken dinner and freeze them, later making broth from multiple carcasses) and a pile of mixed veggies.

Chocolate pudding

Powdered milk, corn starch, stevia sweetner and cocoa powder.

home made turkey / bacon sandwich w/ lettuce and horseradish sauce
sun chips.

Avocado hummus with toasted wholewheat pita bread and sliced tomatoes and olives on the side. Turned out better than I expected.

biscuits and gravy with a side of bacon from a local place. i skipped breakfast for it.

lean pocket cheesesteak with horseradish.

Turkey and bacon sandwich with light mayo
Baked Lays.

salmon, boiled potatoes and a white sauce with caviar, onion and dill, (vegetables and lemon on the side)

1 pickled egg (home-made), a cup of habitant pea soup.

Back
Top Bottom