• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The London Bombings

GarzaUK

British, Irish and everything in-between.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
As most of the UK, I was glued to the tv screen most of yesterday in horror. Kinda reminded me of the IRA days in my city.

Firstly my condolences to all the families of the dead and wounded. We can only imagine what you are going through.

I think it is time for the US and the UK to REVISE their strageties in the War on Terror, because they are clearly not working. Now we know from yesterday that:
1. Even after the invasions of Afganistan and Iraq the world and the west is a no more safer place that it was.
2. Fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan is still going on. Bin Laden is still not captured. No sign that the recruitment line of Islamic terrorists is shortening. Now Britain suffers its first Islamic terrorist attack. WE have to consider that fact that we are not winning this war.
3. We can no longer hide behind blind denial, that war will solve everything.

If the ones whos claim to be responsible for this atrocity are the telling the truth, this is VERY worrying. This group has no connections primary connections to Al-Queada or Bin Laden. This group is possibly home-grown, British born Muslims, that set the cell up due to the inspiration of Bin Laden.

We now have consider that Al-Queda is no more a terrorist group - it is now a state of mind, an inspiration to young radical Muslims.

WE MUST dampen that hate that radical Muslims have of us!
WE MUST stop their continuing recruitment!
War has not done this. We must have to consider another route to defeat terrorism.
Or else free nations and Islamic terrorism will be doomed to co-exist. And it will be our children that will suffer.

Don't worry about London or the UK, we've been through alot worse. As people said while Nazi bombs rained down on our cities - "Britain can take it!"

Last edited:
Nice post. Lots of common sense there mate. Oh gosh look... your not some flag waving jingo yank. Not surprising then.

Back
Top Bottom