• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Little Mermaid can't be Black .....

Lol, yeah. But those actors and scripts are at least PRETENDING to be whatever ethnicity their character is.

I agree with your point, but I'll say this...

Where is the opposite but equal movement to out right change the race of traditionally black characters to white or Hispanic characters.

If Atticus Finch can now be black, cant Tom Robinson become white?

Lol, yeah. But those actors and scripts are at least PRETENDING to be whatever ethnicity their character is.
How exact was William pretending to be a Middle Eastern, Brown guy in this movie ?

1663249920159.png

Where is the opposite but equal movement to out right change the race of traditionally black characters to white or Hispanic characters.

How about a MLK biopic where the character is played by a white man? I'm sure that would be accepted well.

How exact was William pretending to be a Middle Eastern, Brown guy in this movie ?

View attachment 67412849
I assume hes playing Jesus? How exactly are the millions of depictions of Jesus in the world depicting him as an Anglo-Saxon white dude.

He is playing the part of a character who we have no idea how he looked, but for which has been depicted this way for the last thousand years or so, give or take.

He is playing the part of a character who we have no idea how he looked
This bullshit line here is what I can't stand.
We know damn well what Jesus looked like because the Bible said his skin was the color of burnt copper and he had coarse wolly hair. We've also found skeletons of 1st century Jews in Palestine and their DNA confirms them to be darker skinned.

The little mermaid is a fictional character, she can be black, purple, polka-dotted, or made of wood.
This is why this is much ado about nothing.

There is a movement called color blind in holleywood...been around a long time. In fact, in the movie adaptation of much ado about nothing, a character Shakespeare details as white, was played by Denzel Washington. Again, though...fictional character, so...meh.

How about a MLK biopic where the character is played by a white man? I'm sure that would be accepted well.
Were you upset that Swedish actor Jim Cavizile played Jesus ?

1663250477058.png

This bullshit line here is what I can't stand.
We know damn well what Jesus looked like because the Bible said his skin was the color of burnt copper and he had coarse wolly hair. We've also found skeletons of 1st century Jews in Palestine and their DNA confirms them to be darker skinned.
Don't get mad at me, buddy. Far as I'm concerned, Jesus...is also a fictional character.

Instead, direct THAT particular bit of anger towards the millions of talibornagain Christian evangelicals who would go apeshit if a popular holleywood movie dared depict Jesus as anything other than what's depicted in all those priceless, famous old paintings of him.

Don't get mad at me, buddy. Far as I'm concerned, Jesus...is also a fictional character.

Instead, direct THAT particular bit of anger towards the millions of talibornagain Christian evangelicals who would go apeshit if a popular holleywood movie dared depict Jesus as anything other than what's depicted in all those priceless, famous old paintings of him.
Fair enough, but there is literal scientific evidence showing what a Jew from Nazareth from the 1st Century looked like.
Here's a reconstruction of a skull found using dna and genetic markers:

1663250816775.png

We should totally ask the fictional character Ariel, who was a well known advocate for White Rights.

Good God, some people have worms in their brains

Fair enough, but there is literal scientific evidence showing what a Jew from Nazareth from the 1st Century looked like.
Here's a reconstruction of a skull found using dna and genetic markers:

View attachment 67412853
I always figured he'd look kinda like Osama Bin Laden. Say THAT out loud in, say, GA, and I'd tell you to make sure your health and life insurance policies are up to date.

Those are stories where race is important to the plot. The entire point of TKAM is that Atticus is a white man defending a black man who is being treated unfairly by the justice system because he is black. The entire point of a biopic about MLK would be that MLK is a black man fighting for civil rights in a country where he is being treated unfairly because he is black.

The fact that Disney's Little Mermaid is of fair complexion has nothing to do with the story. She is a fish lady human race doesn't even really apply to her. She could be purple for all it matters.

There’s a fix coming….

See the fact that they use the word "fix" is racist, as if Ariel being portrayed by a black actress is something that needs to be fixed.

But whatever. This debacle is dumb, and no Bob Chapek, I will not go see this movie.

Back
Top Bottom