• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The list of known members of the left-wing now-defunct JournoList listserv

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
The list of known members of the left-wing now-defunct JournoList listserv courtesy of Mark Levin.

1. Ezra Klein
2. Dave Weigel
3. Matthew Yglesias
4. David Dayen
5. Spencer Ackerman
6. Jeffrey Toobin
7. Eric Alterman
8. Paul Krugman
9. John Judis
10. Eve Fairbanks
11. Mike Allen
12. Ben Smith
13. Lisa Lerer
14. Joe Klein
15. Brad DeLong
16. Chris Hayes
17. Matt Duss
18. Jonathan Chait
19. Jesse Singal
20. Michael Cohen
21. Isaac Chotiner
22. Katha Pollitt
23. Alyssa Rosenberg
24. Rick Perlstein
25. Alex Rossmiller
26. Ed Kilgore
27. Walter Shapiro
28. Noam Scheiber
29. Michael Tomasky
30. Rich Yesels
31. Tim Fernholz
32. Dana Goldstein
33. Jonathan Cohn
34. Scott Winship
35. David Roberts
36. Luke Mitchell
37. John Blevins
38. Moira Whelan
39. Henry Farrell
40. Josh Bearman
41. Alec McGillis
42. Greg Anrig
43. Adele Stan
44. Steven Teles
45. Harold Pollack
46. Adam Serwer
47. Ryan Donmoyer
48. Seth Michaels
49. Kate Steadman
50. Matt Duss
51. Laura Rozen
52. Jesse Taylor
53. Michael Hirsh
54. Daniel Davies
55. Jonathan Zasloff
56. Richard Kim
57. Thomas Schaller
58. Jared Bernstein
59. Holly Yeager
60. Joe Conason
61. David Greenberg
62. Todd Gitlin
63. Mark Schmitt
64. Kevin Drum
65. Sarah Spitz

I'm curious as to how this little listserv become public.....

Never heard of any of them. :shrug:

Maybe I am missing something here, or ignorant of something, but...why am I supposed to care about this?

Maybe I am missing something here, or ignorant of something, but...why am I supposed to care about this?

You probably wouldnt but those interested in current events and bias in the media up to and including colusion of calling certain people racists or the wishing death on a person or even how to shut down a news org that doesnt toe thier line would more likely be interested in this list and what not. :shrug:

Brad Delong is a blogger, and and Economic's prof at a major US university

I think I can recall about 6 of the people on the list

You need to get better informed.... you've never heard of Paul Krugman or Joe Klein ???? Those are just two that caught my eye with a quick glance at the list.

You need to get better informed.... you've never heard of Paul Krugman or Joe Klein ???? Those are just two that caught my eye with a quick glance at the list.

Paul Krugman- columnist for NY times

You probably wouldnt but those interested in current events and bias in the media up to and including colusion of calling certain people racists or the wishing death on a person or even how to shut down a news org that doesnt toe thier line would more likely be interested in this list and what not. :shrug:

Ummm...outside of the digs, what is the story? Care to pass that part along?

Ummm...outside of the digs, what is the story? Care to pass that part along?

If you don't see the significance of this, then the Rev can't help you.

I think I see Chris Hayes on MSNBC often. He is Washington DC editor of The Nation. He has also written for NY Times Magazine.

I think I see Chris Hayes on MSNBC often. He is Washington DC editor of The Nation. He has also written for NY Times Magazine.

Is he that weasel-looking guy that has a new show? He talks with his hands WAY too much.

If you don't see the significance of this, then the Rev can't help you.

The significance of a list of names? Sorry, but I don't know anything about the list, hence my asking questions. If you do not understand the purpose of questions, I am afraid there is no help for you...

The significance of a list of names? Sorry, but I don't know anything about the list, hence my asking questions. If you do not understand the purpose of questions, I am afraid there is no help for you...

:3oops: Ooops, my mistake. I thought there was a link explaining it.

Here's a couple of stories that tells some of the background. Members of the Journolist have also wished for Limbaugh's death (she has now apologized) and looked for ways to have Fox News banned.

The Corruption Of Journo-list - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Is he that weasel-looking guy that has a new show? He talks with his hands WAY too much.

I think you might be right. I think he's substituted foe maddow before. I think Ezra Klein (the founder of jounolist) is on Maddow a lot too. I can't stand either one of them.

:3oops: Ooops, my mistake. I thought there was a link explaining it.

Here's a couple of stories that tells some of the background. Members of the Journolist have also wished for Limbaugh's death (she has now apologized) and looked for ways to have Fox News banned.

The Corruption Of Journo-list - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Also how they managed to trash Palin from the day McCain introduced her.

Also how they managed to trash Palin from the day McCain introduced her.

Yep, they had a lot of trouble trying to figure the best way to trash her though. They debated different tactics for quite awhile.

Yep, they had a lot of trouble trying to figure the best way to trash her though. They debated different tactics for quite awhile.

Yea, their first idea was to point out her inexperience, but then decided against it. They didn't want to draw attention to their guys lack of experience.

Didn't they begin with Trig isn't really hers?

Didn't they begin with Trig isn't really hers?

No, but they were worried about Trig, because it would be a heart warming story and pro-life. They decided to speculate if she could care for a special needs child while being VP or something similar. She really did scare them.

Back
Top Bottom