• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The link between white supremacy and mass shootings

And how many white people were living in Chicago public housing impacted? Are you saying that public housing is an equal opportunity landlord?

"The decrepit housing conditions in the Black Belt, the attempt to integrate Trumbull Park, the experience of the Howard family, the dismissal of Elizabeth Wood, and the ensuing collapse of the CHA as a vehicle for social justice were all parts of a reaction to Chicago’s expanding African American population. Chicago’s black population from 1940 to 1960, increased from 14 percent to 33 percent.62 By 1960, over 800,000 African Americans lived in Chicago. The Windy City had a higher African American population than Mississippi and public housing contained more black residents than Selma, Alabama.63 Confined to dense and decaying neighborhoods, African Americans looked to the Chicago Housing Authority to improve their situation."
So, Democrats ****ed it up repeatedly for decades and you want to blame race. Are you saying your party is racist or just sucks at implementing policy?

So, Democrats ****ed it up repeatedly for decades and you want to blame race. Are you saying your party is racist or just sucks at implementing policy?
No, I'm saying that confiscation of guns has never been a problem in America as long as you are confiscating minorities guns. I'm saying your party is racist.

No, I'm saying that confiscation of guns has never been a problem in America as long as you are confiscating minorities guns. I'm saying your party is racist.
racism is a major motivation for most gun control laws in the USA. and Democrats are responsible for most of them

Well that seemed like the stupidest way to try to say it. Next time maybe don't detour into things Democrats have ****ed up and want to blame on racism.

Well that seemed like the stupidest way to try to say it. Next time maybe don't detour into things Democrats have ****ed up and want to blame on racism.
? The point (historical fact) is that gun confiscation has never been a problem for gun owners, as long as they were confiscating guns from minorities.

? The point (historical fact) is that gun confiscation has never been a problem for gun owners, as long as they were confiscating guns from minorities.
that's bullshit and its democrats who have constantly been motivated by racism to push more gun control.

Initial comment by you: 1988 Illinois- Poor citizens singled out for gun ban in Illinois. Starting in late 1988, the Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) and the Chicago Police Dept. (CPD) enacted and enforced an official policy, Operation Clean Sweep, which applied to all housing units owned and operated by the CHA.

If you don't follow that black Democrat leaders had everything to do with this instance of gun control you aren't paying attention and are just spouting words that you didn't examine before you hit post.

This particular example has nothing to do with race. Your post was stupid and your responses more so. You can't keep spouting meaningless talking points if your own examples refute them.

For further evidence of how ignorant your post was:
Chicago Police Chief in 1988---Eddie T Johnson also a black Democrat
Chicago Housing Authority head in 1988---Brenda J Gaines also a black Democrat.

Race has got shit to do with it and even less to do with Republicans, Democrats make policy in Chicago. Stop saying things that are factually wrong.

Initial comment by you: 1988 Illinois- Poor citizens singled out for gun ban in Illinois. Starting in late 1988, the Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) and the Chicago Police Dept. (CPD) enacted and enforced an official policy, Operation Clean Sweep, which applied to all housing units owned and operated by the CHA.

If you don't follow that black Democrat leaders had everything to do with this instance of gun control you aren't paying attention and are just spouting words that you didn't examine before you hit post.

This particular example has nothing to do with race. Your post was stupid and your responses more so. You can't keep spouting meaningless talking points if your own examples refute them.
You are 100% wrong. It was not poor people targeted, it was public housing tenants. What was the racial makeup of public housing in Chicago? You think this was designed, created, approved and implemented by the housing authority?

Please note, this was only one example of gun confiscation laws targeting minorities I listed.

You are 100% wrong. It was not poor people targeted, it was public housing tenants. What was the racial makeup of public housing in Chicago? You think this was designed, created, approved and implemented by the housing authority?
Yes.

Well, you're right and I was wrong. Please note, they used government agencies outside of their own to attempt to enforce it. Your comments on the other examples I used?

Well, you're right and I was wrong. Please note, they used government agencies outside of their own to attempt to enforce it. Your comments on the other examples I used?
I have none.

I have none.
Then my point remains. Gun confiscation laws are okay in America as long as they target minorities guns. That means that we could expand those confiscations to any gun owner. Or maybe just make America choose. You can have your guns or have your racism.
Which do you choose.

Then my point remains. Gun confiscation laws are okay in America as long as they target minorities guns. That means that we could expand those confiscations to any gun owner. Or maybe just make America choose. You can have your guns or have your racism.
Which do you choose.
where are honest blacks facing gun confiscation (in areas not run by Democrats)

And there is no relationship to whites supporting gun confiscation either...except when it came to confiscating guns from black people.

1990 Virginia-Poor citizens singled out for gun ban in Virginia. U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia upheld a ban imposed by the Richmond Housing Authority on the possession of all firearms, whether operable or not, in public housing projects.

1988 Illinois- Poor citizens singled out for gun ban in Illinois. Starting in late 1988, the Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) and the Chicago Police Dept. (CPD) enacted and enforced an official policy, Operation Clean Sweep, which applied to all housing units owned and operated by the CHA.

1988 Maryland- Fifth "Saturday Night Special" economic handgun ban passes. Ban on "Saturday Night Specials," i.e. inexpensive handguns, passes.

1968 United States- Gun Control Act of 1968 passed. Avowed anti-gun journalist Robert Sherrill frankly admitted that the Gun Control Act of 1968 was "passed not to control guns but to control Blacks."

1941 Florida- Judge admits gun law passed to disarm black laborers. In concurring opinion narrowly construing a Florida gun control law passed in 1893, Justice Buford stated the 1893 law "was passed when there was a great influx of negro laborers in this State....The same condition existed when the Act was amended in 1901 and the Act was passed for the purpose of disarming the negro laborers....The statute was never intended to be applied to the white population and in practice has never been so applied...". Watson v. Stone, 148 Fla. 516, 524, 4 So.2d 700, 703 (1941) (GMU CR LJ, p. 69)
Remember, you asked for it.

Gun Control Act of 1968 was heavily supported and sponsored by Dodd, a Democrat from Connecticut. LBJ also heavily pushed the bill addressing it in his State of the Union to urge passage. The bill itself began drafting after Kennedy's assassination and then received even strong support after the assassination of MLK. So are you saying Democrats passed a bill that targeted poor and poor minorities?

BTW Considering the LBJ secret service banned Sherrill from the White House, it could very well be that Sherrill had an axe to grind. He hated government in general. Not the best source.

Then my point remains. Gun confiscation laws are okay in America as long as they target minorities guns.
No, they really aren't.
That means that we could expand those confiscations to any gun owner.
No, you really can't.

Or maybe just make America choose. You can have your guns or have your racism.
Which do you choose.
Given that Chicago is run by Democrats, they'll choose to keep their racism.

Which do you choose.
Then Democrats must be some racist bastards.

Looking the Maryland ban on the Saturday Night specials, we find the Democrats overwhelmingly controlled the state congress with 40 Democrats and 7 Republicans in 1990. Source : https://ballotpedia.org/Maryland_General_Assembly

The governor, also a Democrat was never described as targeting minorities or poor Americans with this bill he signed.

YOUR party passes gun control legislation for the most part. Not Republicans.

He literally shared a meme. A ****ING MEME. FACTS?! FACTS!?!?! I don't want to ever see you type the word facts again.

Here are the FACTS. From an actual academic paper.

View attachment 67391317

View attachment 67391319

Somehow I think they left out the innumerable and sustained terrorist attacks by a BLM over a full summer.

Somehow I think they left out the innumerable and sustained terrorist attacks by a BLM over a full summer.
Would you call the rioting that took place during the Civil Rights movement terrorist attacks as well?

Remember, you asked for it.

Gun Control Act of 1968 was heavily supported and sponsored by Dodd, a Democrat from Connecticut. LBJ also heavily pushed the bill addressing it in his State of the Union to urge passage. The bill itself began drafting after Kennedy's assassination and then received even strong support after the assassination of MLK. So are you saying Democrats passed a bill that targeted poor and poor minorities?

BTW Considering the LBJ secret service banned Sherrill from the White House, it could very well be that Sherrill had an axe to grind. He hated government in general. Not the best source.
Your point? This is Robt Sherrill
1653072670508.png

I never mentioned political party support. I said, "And there is no relationship to whites supporting gun confiscation either...except when it came to confiscating guns from black people."

No, they really aren't.

No, you really can't.

Given that Chicago is run by Democrats, they'll choose to keep their racism.
Your denial means zero to the basis of my comment.

*Do you deny I presented you with a partial history of gun confiscation laws in America? Do you deny that those laws targeted black people?

*Laws that apply to one group of people in America can almost always be applied to other groups in America.

*I never mentioned political parties.

White supremacy is an ideology in which mass genocide is the key feature, its not a bug but an ideology in praxis. The two are inextricably linked. When dealing with a white supremacist, you are dealing with a murderer waiting to set off.

Then Democrats must be some racist bastards.

Looking the Maryland ban on the Saturday Night specials, we find the Democrats overwhelmingly controlled the state congress with 40 Democrats and 7 Republicans in 1990. Source : https://ballotpedia.org/Maryland_General_Assembly

The governor, also a Democrat was never described as targeting minorities or poor Americans with this bill he signed.

YOUR party passes gun control legislation for the most part. Not Republicans.
I never mentioned political parties.

Your denial means zero to the basis of my comment.

*Do you deny I presented you with a partial history of gun confiscation laws in America? Do you deny that those laws targeted black people?
I do not
*Laws that apply to one group of people in America can almost always be applied to other groups in America.
This isn't true, no matter how you want it to be true. Unconstitutional acts from the past don't suddenly become Constitutional now.
*I never mentioned political parties.
How many gun control laws have been passed by Republicans?

Back
Top Bottom