• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The link between white supremacy and mass shootings

I do not

This isn't true, no matter how you want it to be true. Unconstitutional acts from the past don't suddenly become Constitutional now.

How many gun control laws have been passed by Republicans?

* Not sure what point you are making. Constitutionality was never a part of what I said. My point is that when laws are applied to one group of people, they often end up being applied to other groups of people.

* Zero? Except for the 1800's when the R's were the D's of today.

Would you call the rioting that took place during the Civil Rights movement terrorist attacks as well?
I'm calling the BLM riots that destroyed, murdered, assaulted, took over city blocks, ect as terrorism.

I'm calling the BLM riots that destroyed, murdered, assaulted, took over city blocks, ect as terrorism.
That definition would label nearly every civil rights movement a terrorist movement. There was a single day during the civil rights protests in the 60s where dozens of people died in ONE city in ONE day of rioting. The suffrage movement had radical women who committed arson. Ending slavery was achieved only after a civil war. Creating our democracy involved a violent guerrilla war.

Terrorism is violence with the goal of creating terror. Not just violence. Civil rights marches that turn into riots are not and have never been terrorism.

* Not sure what point you are making. Constitutionality was never a part of what I said. My point is that when laws are applied to one group of people, they often end up being applied to other groups of people.
You said that because guns were confiscated from Black people in the past that this would enable confiscations from other groups today.
* Zero? Except for the 1800's when the R's were the D's of today.
That works. That's why I mentioned Democrats.

That definition would label nearly every civil rights movement a terrorist movement. There was a single day during the civil rights protests in the 60s where dozens of people died in ONE city in ONE day of rioting. The suffrage movement had radical women who committed arson. Ending slavery was achieved only after a civil war. Creating our democracy involved a violent guerrilla war.

Terrorism is violence with the goal of creating terror. Not just violence. Civil rights marches that turn into riots are not and have never been terrorism.
That's not what terrorism is.

A) involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State;

(B) appear to be intended—

(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;

(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or

(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping;

It was terrorism.

You said that because guns were confiscated from Black people in the past that this would enable confiscations from other groups today.

That works. That's why I mentioned Democrats.
Post where I said that. I didn't.

Post where I said that. I didn't.
What does this mean, in a conversation about guns being confiscated from Black people by the government:

"*Laws that apply to one group of people in America can almost always be applied to other groups in America."

What does this mean, in a conversation about guns being confiscated from Black people by the government:

"*Laws that apply to one group of people in America can almost always be applied to other groups in America."
It is a general statement about laws in America. If I meant that a specific law could be applied to a specific situation, I would have said so.
Think about the Americans with Disability Act. Since being passed, a number of additional disabilities have been added to its protections.

Yeah, you did.
Merging two posts to come up with a retort? You're dishonest, care to come clean about what you did?

context, noun, the parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning.

Your point? This is Robt Sherrill
View attachment 67391909

I never mentioned political party support. I said, "And there is no relationship to whites supporting gun confiscation either...except when it came to confiscating guns from black people."
Two things, one, that Republicans didnt pass those laws targeting minorities and they don't do so today----and two, that Democrats did.

Examine your statements, you did mention parties. And you also claimed racism when that isn't the point of most of the laws.

Merging two posts to come up with a retort? You're dishonest, care to come clean about what you did?

context, noun, the parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning.
No. That isnt what happened, just to clear it up---

No, I'm saying that confiscation of guns has never been a problem in America as long as you are confiscating minorities guns. I'm saying your party is racist.
Thats the content of an earlier post by you. Don't claim dishonesty or messing with your posts because that's more dishonest bullshit on your part. You said it.

No. That isnt what happened, just to clear it up---

Thats the content of an earlier post by you. Don't claim dishonesty or messing with your posts because that's more dishonest bullshit on your part. You said it.
Adios mf

More than 175 killed worldwide in last eight years in white nationalist-linked attacks​

At least 16 high-profile attacks have been motivated by white nationalist conspiracy theories

And this article is 2 years old so the number is even higher.

More than 175 killed worldwide in last eight years in white nationalist-linked attacks​

At least 16 high-profile attacks have been motivated by white nationalist conspiracy theories

And this article is 2 years old so the number is even higher.
Let's assume the number is true. That's 21 deaths per year. That's fewer than from lightning strikes.

There's also no supporting data in your link.

Let's assume the number is true. That's 21 deaths per year. That's fewer than from lightning strikes.

There's also no supporting data in your link.
10 just recently from the Buffalo shooter.
22 in the El Paso attack.
White extremist ideology has been linked to some of the deadliest active-shooter episodes in the United States in recent years

10 just recently from the Buffalo shooter.
22 in the El Paso attack.
White extremist ideology has been linked to some of the deadliest active-shooter episodes in the United States in recent years
Now do the denominators.

Mass murders have long been committed by white supremacists in the name of white supremacy. White supremacist organizations are terrorist organizations. The link between terrorist organizations and mass murders is kinda obvious.

It's time to declare white supremacist organizations to be terrorist organizations.

Mass murders have long been committed by white supremacists in the name of white supremacy. White supremacist organizations are terrorist organizations. The link between terrorist organizations and mass murders is kinda obvious.

It's time to declare white supremacist organizations to be terrorist organizations.
And then you can call any group you want a white supremacist group and poof, they're terrorists. Then you can red flag them and take away their rights. Kick them off all social media platforms, confiscate their weapons, make it illegal for them to vote. Paradise achieved.

And then you can call any group you want a white supremacist group and poof, they're terrorists. Then you can red flag them and take away their rights. Kick them off all social media platforms, confiscate their weapons, make it illegal for them to vote. Paradise achieved.

We can tell what groups are white supremacists. White supremacist crap isn't a mystery. We know what it is.

We can tell what groups are white supremacists. White supremacist crap isn't a mystery.
That's the problem. There are a lot of "we's" out there who have opinions on what groups are "white supremacist groups". Is there a legal hurdle to make them terrorists or will the court of public opinion suffice,?

That's the problem. There are a lot of "we's" out there who have opinions on what groups are "white supremacist groups". Is there a legal hurdle to make them terrorists or will the court of public opinion suffice,?

Stop trying to gaslight white supremacists. "There's just no real way to tell for sure if an organization is white supremacist." Are you joking?

No one is stupid enough for your gaslight. Agreeing with your claim is a tell.

Stop trying to gaslight white supremacists. "There's just no real way to tell for sure if an organization is white supremacist." Are you joking?

No one is stupid enough for your gaslight. Agreeing with your claim is a tell.
That sure does make it easy for you, doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom