• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Lid: Donald Trump's Party Problem

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The Lid: Donald Trump'''s Party Problem - NBC News
The Lid: Donald Trump's Party Problem

“……..report(s) there is growing frustrations between Team Trump and the Republican National Committee. There certainly has been no shortage of examples of Trump and members of the GOP not being on the same page since he became the presumptive nominee…. At the heart of the issue, sources tell NBC News, is that Trump continues to remain committed to the same strategy that won him the primaries. He has failed to staff up and RNC officials say they feel as though they are viewed skeptically as meddlers rather than potential resources………”

And more troubling are the recent polls:

• Trump has been losing ground to HRC for the past 4 weeks and is now 12 pts. down to HRC for those favoring her for President….
• 65% of women voters say they will never vote for Trump…
• 20% of Republicans will not vote for Trump
• 84% of non-white voters will not vote for Trump
• 55% of ALL voters will not vote for Trump

Besides Trump’s outrageous comments sabotaging his campaign………….
Add to that money problems ………….
And one cannot get a comment on Trump from any member of the congressional GOP members….
All pointing to a November landslide for the less disliked candidate ……………HRC

HRC has already begun micro-targeting voters in all the battleground states.........

.....whereas Trump has yet to staff up to have an organizational presence in any of those states....

Yes sir...........There is Trouble in River City...........And it is spelled T-R-U-M-P

ALSO SEE:
Get Over It: Some Republicans Just Will Not Vote for Donald Trump | RedState
Donald Trump's poll ratings in a historic hole - POLITICO
Donald Trump will not be president: History, polling data and demographics all point to a single result - Salon.com
Polls: Donald Trump collapses - Business Insider
data and demographics all point to a single result - Salon.com[/url]
http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-bloomberg-poll-55-percent-2016-6

Last edited:
Red State and Salon? BBBUUAAHHAHAHA.. You'll need to do better, besides isn't there a rule about posting those sites as sources in Breaking News?

Red State and Salon? BBBUUAAHHAHAHA.. You'll need to do better, besides isn't there a rule about posting those sites as sources in Breaking News?

His source is NBC News.

The sites you refer are for readers benefit and are added to substantiate the facts posted above..............Thus saving us both the time ti asking/answering your questions asking me to "prove it"

That being said.........

Would you care to comment on the impeding Trump drubbing............

I don't know how the Republicans managed this. They were given the perfect candidate to run against. They have decades of dirt to attack her with and she is CURRENTLY under an FBI investigation. Second least popular presidential candidate in US history. This election was theirs for the taking. Silver platter.

But no. Who do they decide to run against the second least popular candidate in history? The LEAST popular candidate in history. If it were a movie that would be one of the plot point that would require suspension of disbelief.

• Trump has been losing ground to HRC for the past 4 weeks and is now 12 pts. down to HRC for those favoring her for President….
• 65% of women voters say they will never vote for Trump…
• 20% of Republicans will not vote for Trump
• 84% of non-white voters will not vote for Trump
• 55% of ALL voters will not vote for Trump

That's an unfortunately low percentage of Republicans, but hopefully the number will grow as Trump continues to Be Trump throughout the campaign.

I have to agree with Hicup. The NBC article isn't even a news article...it's an opinion piece. The rest of the post is stuff spouted by imyoda with no links for support and a bunch of links from left-wing sites.

This thread doesn't belong in "Breaking News". It belongs in "Bias in the Media".

I don't know how the Republicans managed this. They were given the perfect candidate to run against. They have decades of dirt to attack her with and she is CURRENTLY under an FBI investigation. Second least popular presidential candidate in US history. This election was theirs for the taking. Silver platter.

But no. Who do they decide to run against the second least popular candidate in history? The LEAST popular candidate in history. If it were a movie that would be one of the plot point that would require suspension of disbelief.

Then the Libertarians chose two candidates who, between them, backed Obamacare and gun-grabbing.

It's like someone decided to do an updated version of Game of Thrones, but as farce.

I have to agree with Hicup. The NBC article isn't even a news article...it's an opinion piece. The rest of the post is stuff spouted by imyoda with no links for support and a bunch of links from left-wing sites.

This thread doesn't belong in "Breaking News". It belongs in "Bias in the Media".

Meh. OP uses left and right wing sources, and the core of it is polling data that is pretty objective.

It belongs in General Politics or Elections 2016.

Let me just add some very well written fuel to that fire:

Trump's Not Doing Poorly; He's Not Even Running

He's spent the last six weeks in an erratic barrage of self-inflicted wounds and petulant attacks on people who he needs to be critical allies. Not just Rubio or Kasich but any other candidate would be spending this time fleshing out a campaign team - usually bringing in the best operatives from the defeated primary challengers - developing campaign themes focused on the Democrats' nominee, raising and stockpiling money. These may not be exciting tasks but they are the critical work of standing up a national campaign, which is one part flash mob, one part Fortune 500 corporation. It's a big, big thing that takes a lot of managerial work to set up.

Others might do it well or poorly. But Trump isn't doing any of it. There's a Politico story out today about how the RNC gave him the names of twenty big GOP donors to call. He got bored or frustrated and stopped after calling three. And this comes after deciding that he actually doesn't need to raise a billion dollars.

Almost every day since he clinched the nomination almost six weeks ago has been a surreal tour through Trump's damaged psyche - the insecurities, silly feuds, the mix of self-serving lies and attacks on people he's supposed to be courting or justifying a supposed refusal to do things he finds himself actually unable to do (raise a billion dollars). More than anything he's attacking almost everyone but the person he's running against - and that, not terribly effectively. The major themes of his campaign appear to be racist "Mexican" judges, his ability to predict terror attacks and the inevitable destruction of the American republic.

It would be like sitting in the stands watching a football game. But one team isn't even taking the field because the quarterback is on the sidelines knifing his coaches and teammates. Trump issues daily attacks on GOP insiders as corrupt pansies; they attack him as an unstable racist. You almost feel sorry for the Dems: where's their angle in on the 2016 campaign?

Nit picking about this and that is not a reply to the material posted..................but more indicative of being on the wrong side of the issue without ability to debate

Nit picking about this and that is not a reply to the material posted..................but more indicative of being on the wrong side of the issue without ability to debate

Still unable to reply to the material I provided?

I guess then you must know in your heart Trump is "toast"

Let me just add some very well written fuel to that fire:

Trump's Not Doing Poorly; He's Not Even Running

He's spent the last six weeks in an erratic barrage of self-inflicted wounds and petulant attacks on people who he needs to be critical allies. Not just Rubio or Kasich but any other candidate would be spending this time fleshing out a campaign team - usually bringing in the best operatives from the defeated primary challengers - developing campaign themes focused on the Democrats' nominee, raising and stockpiling money. These may not be exciting tasks but they are the critical work of standing up a national campaign, which is one part flash mob, one part Fortune 500 corporation. It's a big, big thing that takes a lot of managerial work to set up.

Others might do it well or poorly. But Trump isn't doing any of it. There's a Politico story out today about how the RNC gave him the names of twenty big GOP donors to call. He got bored or frustrated and stopped after calling three. And this comes after deciding that he actually doesn't need to raise a billion dollars.

Almost every day since he clinched the nomination almost six weeks ago has been a surreal tour through Trump's damaged psyche - the insecurities, silly feuds, the mix of self-serving lies and attacks on people he's supposed to be courting or justifying a supposed refusal to do things he finds himself actually unable to do (raise a billion dollars). More than anything he's attacking almost everyone but the person he's running against - and that, not terribly effectively. The major themes of his campaign appear to be racist "Mexican" judges, his ability to predict terror attacks and the inevitable destruction of the American republic.

It would be like sitting in the stands watching a football game. But one team isn't even taking the field because the quarterback is on the sidelines knifing his coaches and teammates. Trump issues daily attacks on GOP insiders as corrupt pansies; they attack him as an unstable racist. You almost feel sorry for the Dems: where's their angle in on the 2016 campaign?

Quits after 3............

It would seem the Donald does not handle rejection well................What do you think the Trumpster will do when America rejects him in November?

shrug...

Since the material posted is nothing but biased, spun blather from those who just plain don't like Trump...those who will use discredited polling data...and those who are primarily in the pocket of the Party Elites...there really is no reason to respond to this drivel. So that leaves me with your inability to properly use this forum...and follow its rules...as something worthy of comment.

If you want reasoned discussion, you should learn how to create reasoned posts.

shrug...

Since the material posted is nothing but biased, spun blather from those who just plain don't like Trump...those who will use discredited polling data...and those who are primarily in the pocket of the Party Elites...there really is no reason to respond to this drivel. So that leaves me with your inability to properly use this forum...and follow its rules...as something worthy of comment.

If you want reasoned discussion, you should learn how to create reasoned posts.

Well I might suggest you keep current with the news and stop trying to blow the material off by pomposity,,,,,,,,

Here is some more current news for you to ponder:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?postshare=5991466178730396&tid=ss_tw
Dozens of GOP delegates launch new push to halt Donald Trump
“Dozens of Republican convention delegates are hatching a new plan to block Donald Trump at this summer’s party meetings, in what has become the most organized effort so far to stop the businessman from becoming the GOP nominee. The delegates are angered by Trump’s recent comments on gun control, his racial attacks on a federal judge and his sinking poll numbers. They are convinced that Trump is an insufficiently conservative candidate and believe they will find enough like-minded Republicans within the next month to change party rules and allow delegates to vote for whomever they want, regardless of who won their state caucus or primary.

The new campaign is being run by the only people who can actually make changes to party rules, rather than by pundits and media figures who have been pining for a Trump alternative. Many involved in the delegate-driven movement supported Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas in the primary but say they have no specific candidate in mind and are not taking cues from any of Trump’s vanquished opponents…………

More reports of revolt in the ranks seeking to deny Trump the nomination……….. no matter what….
ALSO SEE:
Trump’s poll numbers sink into death spiral on the one-year anniversary of his campaign’s start
Republican civil war officially declared: GOP delegates openly plot to overthrow Trump at convention

Well I might suggest you keep current with the news and stop trying to blow the material off by pomposity,,,,,,,,

Here is some more current news for you to ponder:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?postshare=5991466178730396&tid=ss_tw
Dozens of GOP delegates launch new push to halt Donald Trump
“Dozens of Republican convention delegates are hatching a new plan to block Donald Trump at this summer’s party meetings, in what has become the most organized effort so far to stop the businessman from becoming the GOP nominee. The delegates are angered by Trump’s recent comments on gun control, his racial attacks on a federal judge and his sinking poll numbers. They are convinced that Trump is an insufficiently conservative candidate and believe they will find enough like-minded Republicans within the next month to change party rules and allow delegates to vote for whomever they want, regardless of who won their state caucus or primary.

The new campaign is being run by the only people who can actually make changes to party rules, rather than by pundits and media figures who have been pining for a Trump alternative. Many involved in the delegate-driven movement supported Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas in the primary but say they have no specific candidate in mind and are not taking cues from any of Trump’s vanquished opponents…………

More reports of revolt in the ranks seeking to deny Trump the nomination……….. no matter what….
ALSO SEE:
Trump’s poll numbers sink into death spiral on the one-year anniversary of his campaign’s start
Republican civil war officially declared: GOP delegates openly plot to overthrow Trump at convention

sigh...

I guess you didn't read what I said about "discredited polling data". I'm talking about that contrived Bloomberg poll. It's a complete hatchet job and without it, there is NO "Trump death spiral".

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/06/14/oh-my-gosh-about-that-bloomberg-presidential-poll/

So...it looks like it is YOU should try to keep current...or, at least realistically looking at the news instead of latching onto every tom, dick and harry who says something against Trump.

In any case, I will certainly agree that there are those in the Republican Party who are doing everything they can to diminish Trump...but they just aren't doing a very good job of it. I predict they'll just end up hurting themselves if they keep it up. Other Republicans certainly agree with me and have told those Elites the same thing.

rat-finks.jpg

Last edited:
sigh...

I guess you didn't read what I said about "discredited polling data". I'm talking about that contrived Bloomberg poll. It's a complete hatchet job and without it, there is NO "Trump death spiral".

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/06/14/oh-my-gosh-about-that-bloomberg-presidential-poll/

So...it looks like it is YOU should try to keep current...or, at least realistically looking at the news instead of latching onto every tom, dick and harry who says something against Trump.

In any case, I will certainly agree that there are those in the Republican Party who are doing everything they can to diminish Trump...but they just aren't doing a very good job of it. I predict they'll just end up hurting themselves if they keep it up. Other Republicans certainly agree with me and have told those Elites the same thing.

[

View attachment 67202910

Phony polls?

These are the same polls Trump was citing just a few weeks ago when he was doing better that HRC..................what's changed?

He is losing.......and losing bad......

Try reading from news compiler below.............(You do know what a news compiler is?)

Donald Trump’s Post-Orlando Polling Is a Nightmare for the Republican Party
Donald Trump's Post-Orlando Polling Is A Nightmare For The Republican Party

Trump Has Broken The GOP As Republicans Hit Record Low Approval

Trump Nears A Nervous Breakdown As He Just Called All Polls With Clinton Ahead Phony
Trump Nears A Nervous Breakdown As He Just Called All Polls With Clinton Ahead Phony

Republicans Devastated As 61% Of Voters Disagree with Trump’s Criticism Of Obama

Republicans Devastated As 61% Of Voters Disagree With Trump’s Criticism Of Obama

I'm always confuzzled when people make this statement. His ability to win should not be measured by these polls. Remember, the polls have been a laughing stock from the very beginning when we didn't think he'd make it to January. Hillary doesn't get any where near the support that Trump gets during his appearances. What do you think that means? The media is so hell bent on stopping Trump that they will say and do just about anything. And, people fall for it - just like you have.

I for one hope that he continues his hard line in the sand approach. We have a President who thumbs his nose up in the air at all American's. And either he's in Hillary's back pocket or she's in his or quite honestly, they both have so much dirt on each other, fear of a mud slide at the white house is imminent.

Time will tell - but I don't think the GOP leaders really understand the support Trump has. I think they are making a grave mistake to not get on board with him and be the party they were elected to be. Do not underestimate the voters in this country on either side!

Phony polls?

These are the same polls Trump was citing just a few weeks ago when he was doing better that HRC..................what's changed?

He is losing.......and losing bad......

Try reading from news compiler below.............(You do know what a news compiler is?)

Donald Trump’s Post-Orlando Polling Is a Nightmare for the Republican Party
Donald Trump's Post-Orlando Polling Is A Nightmare For The Republican Party

Republicans Devastated As 61% Of Voters Disagree with Trump’s Criticism Of Obama

Republicans Devastated As 61% Of Voters Disagree With Trump’s Criticism Of Obama

You just cannot bring yourself to disregard that useless...no, worse that useless since it's a deliberate lie...Bloomberg poll, can you?

Oh, well...keep on posting liberal leaning articles that are based on that discredited poll. I'm sure it makes you feel good...even though it makes you look like a fool.

I'm always confuzzled when people make this statement. His ability to win should not be measured by these polls. Remember, the polls have been a laughing stock from the very beginning when we didn't think he'd make it to January. Hillary doesn't get any where near the support that Trump gets during his appearances. What do you think that means? The media is so hell bent on stopping Trump that they will say and do just about anything. And, people fall for it - just like you have.

I for one hope that he continues his hard line in the sand approach. We have a President who thumbs his nose up in the air at all American's. And either he's in Hillary's back pocket or she's in his or quite honestly, they both have so much dirt on each other, fear of a mud slide at the white house is imminent.

Time will tell - but I don't think the GOP leaders really understand the support Trump has. I think they are making a grave mistake to not get on board with him and be the party they were elected to be. Do not underestimate the voters in this country on either side!

If I may ask.............You seem to be a person in favor of Mr. Trump and can I fairly assume you plan to vote for him...........

If so........

Why?

You just cannot bring yourself to disregard that useless...no, worse that useless since it's a deliberate lie...Bloomberg poll, can you?

Oh, well...keep on posting liberal leaning articles that are based on that discredited poll. I'm sure it makes you feel good...even though it makes you look like a fool.

Once again I ask.........

Why are the same polls Trump cited 4 weeks ago when the polls favored him...........

Are now "discredited" ............

When did that happen?

His source is NBC News.

NBC Opinion piece, that would be like posting an article from Hannity and hiding behind "Foxnews". Doesn't belong here. But I guess opinions are breaking news now...

NBC Opinion piece, that would be like posting an article from Hannity and hiding behind "Foxnews". Doesn't belong here. But I guess opinions are breaking news now...

Fletch questioned questioned why he was using Salon and Red State as sources for this OP. I corrected him and explained that his source for the OP was NBC News. Tell me why you're hurt over this.

Fletch questioned questioned why he was using Salon and Red State as sources for this OP. I corrected him and explained that his source for the OP was NBC News. Tell me why you're hurt over this.

I thought BN was for news, not opinion. If that has changed, aces.

Back
Top Bottom