• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Libya Cover Up

Born Free

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This whole Libya boondoggle is catching up with Obama, the appearance where Obama ran off to Vegas right after one of our Ambassadors and three other are murdered on US soil. Rice goes on the Sunday talk shows and says it's a spontaneous reprisal, yet we now know there was no demonstration. Who coached here to say those things? Then we hear Biden say "we were never told" more questions than answers, if you were not told, why were you not told. At best this shows gross incompetence.

The mystery of this case is equal to the Zimmerman and Watergate cases. The left wing media has up till now tried to cover up this story, but the story is so big it's ready to explode. Now the White House and Obama's campaign heads are all saying there is an "On going investigation" translated we'll tell you after the election and even then another lie will not matter.

All I can say is I hope Romney hammers Obama over this issue in the next two debates and puts out there the questions that we need to know and deserve. Rice said repeatedly this is what we know now, then all of a sudden they don't know anything new, except what Rice lied about on the Sunday shows.

This is pathetic as it get by the Obama administration, and brings back memories of cover ups like Watergate.

Accusations of cover-up, incompetence over Libya attack | Fox News Video

Last I heard the libs were blaming the CIA for this.

What exactly did the CIA have to do with Benghazi?

This whole Libya boondoggle is catching up with Obama, the appearance where Obama ran off to Vegas right after one of our Ambassadors and three other are murdered on US soil. Rice goes on the Sunday talk shows and says it's a spontaneous reprisal, yet we now know there was no demonstration. Who coached here to say those things? Then we hear Biden say "we were never told" more questions than answers, if you were not told, why were you not told. At best this shows gross incompetence.

The mystery of this case is equal to the Zimmerman and Watergate cases. The left wing media has up till now tried to cover up this story, but the story is so big it's ready to explode. Now the White House and Obama's campaign heads are all saying there is an "On going investigation" translated we'll tell you after the election and even then another lie will not matter.

All I can say is I hope Romney hammers Obama over this issue in the next two debates and puts out there the questions that we need to know and deserve. Rice said repeatedly this is what we know now, then all of a sudden they don't know anything new, except what Rice lied about on the Sunday shows.

This is pathetic as it get by the Obama administration, and brings back memories of cover ups like Watergate.

What was the cover up? If you think that Obama et.al. thought they could "cover up" an attack where an ambassador was killed then yo must also think that they are pretty damn stupid.

There isn't any cover up, there is an investigation at which Issa and friends blew the CIA cover. That "safe house" was a cia station. the consulate wasn't recognized by the libyan government as such, it was apparently supposed to be temporary and the ambassador sure as hell knew it wasn't secure.

I just want one question answered. What was the ambassador doing there on sept 11, when he knew security was extremely weak?

I don't care if the government said at first it was because of the video, while intelligence was gathered. Its just not a big deal despite what fox news is trying to make of it.. It certainly doesn't warrant being the top story on fox for three weeks running. Talk about conspiracy theory pandering,

Last I heard the libs were blaming the CIA for this.

What exactly did the CIA have to do with Benghazi?

If I had to guess, it would be a CIA conspiracy to bring down the Obama Presidency by making him look bad since it would be too obvious if they did it by other means or something along those lines. There are people who blame the CIA for everything from cancer to crack.

terrorist_attacks_on_diplomatic_installations.jpg

What was the cover up? If you think that Obama et.al. thought they could "cover up" an attack where an ambassador was killed then yo must also think that they are pretty damn stupid.

There isn't any cover up, there is an investigation at which Issa and friends blew the CIA cover. That "safe house" was a cia station. the consulate wasn't recognized by the libyan government as such, it was apparently supposed to be temporary and the ambassador sure as hell knew it wasn't secure.

I just want one question answered. What was the ambassador doing there on sept 11, when he knew security was extremely weak?

I don't care if the government said at first it was because of the video
, while intelligence was gathered. Its just not a big deal despite what fox news is trying to make of it.. It certainly doesn't warrant being the top story on fox for three weeks running. Talk about conspiracy theory pandering,

Of course you don't, but I ask, where did Rice get her information that it was a video. Who coached her to say that, what intelligence did she receive and from whom to back that up. This whole Libya mess is one huge cover up

If I had to guess, it would be a CIA conspiracy to bring down the Obama Presidency by making him look bad since it would be too obvious if they did it by other means or something along those lines. There are people who blame the CIA for everything from cancer to crack.

You mean Rice got her intelligence from the CIA and when blabbing on the Sunday? What did the CIA have to do with anything

I don't care if the government said at first it was because of the video, while intelligence was gathered. Its just not a big deal despite what fox news is trying to make of it.. It certainly doesn't warrant being the top story on fox for three weeks running. Talk about conspiracy theory pandering,
That might be the clue to everything. But it doesn't seem like anyone's asked the question. Supposedly he arrived there on the 10th and held a series of meetings in and off the Consulate grounds. On the 11th he held meetings only inside the consulate grounds because of security concerns. His last meeting was with a Turkish diplomat several hours before he was killed. Allegedly he stayed at the consulate because he feared traveling back to the embassy in Tripoli during the night.

You really hate giving links to your sources, don't you? Your chart can't possibly be accurate as it doesn't include the 2 attacks earlier this summer on the Benghazi consulate.

You mean Rice got her intelligence from the CIA and when blabbing on the Sunday? What did the CIA have to do with anything

I have no idea. I was speculating as there is a significant portion of DC area for instance that loves a CIA conspiracy, particularly the southeastern neighborhoods.

In my own uneducated opinion I don't believe it was an intentional coverup. I think it was worse. I think they just didn't know what to do. I believe that they had no idea how a terrorist attack on 9/11 would be takin by the American people, and its effect on the elections and they froze.

You are freakin' kidding me. Blame the victim?? OMFG.

Faux Newz? Geeepers...

This whole thing is unfortunately being used by Republicans during a Presidential Election Cycle, in one of the most despicable acts of disgrace that I've witnessed during a Presidential Election, in quite some time.

You had no aircraft on the ground in Shanksville, Pa., yet you re-elected a war criminal as your President, and now you hallucinate two (2) conspiracy theories out of whole clothe, merely because you think its going to shed some bad light on the President's impeccable Foreign Policy performance?

Really?

Former Secretary of Defense, Bill Cohen, knows these matters far better than the OP, and his suggestion was that everybody chill-out and wait for the investigation to conclude, in a matter that was very fluid and clouded with Arab Spring fever. So, if it is good enough for Cohen, then its good enough for me. I think an intelligent human being can easily see that the Arab Spring was well underway, long before the U.S. Embassy got attacked and how that could easily be interpreted at first glance as behavior in like kind - given the Youtube video that Ryan, acted like he never heard of before.

Pure Politics.

Well there you go...no wonder you don't link to your sources. Wikipedia is too easily edited and we all know it's not a legit source.

Since I don't expect random internet pictures to be in any way honest, and don't have much expectation for those that use it to point out the obvious issues of honesty within the pictures, allow me to highlight two things...

First, when discussing a SINGULAR term of Obama, it would perhaps be appropriate to at LEAST give acknowledgement to the differences regarding the TIME one has to garner those numbers.

For example, pointing out that Bush's first term total was 6 attacks and 30. Still, greater than Obama's, but is a bit more fair and honest means of viewing it rather than showing 8 years compared to 4 and just acting like those are naturally easily equivalent.

Second, it fails to address the fact that the issues people have with this in terms of Obama is not singularly...among all those who are upset...about the fact that an attack happened and our people died. Rather, that it was the seemingly misrepresentation for WEEKS of placing a blame on an entirely different, seemingly unconnected, focus passing it off as an unpredictable spontaneous attack in opposition to bigotry rather than an orchestrated, planned terrorist attack that we didn't take precautions against.

Last edited:
Of course you don't, but I ask, where did Rice get her information that it was a video. Who coached her to say that, what intelligence did she receive and from whom to back that up. This whole Libya mess is one huge cover up

covering up what? She got her information from the intelligence briefing. What was being covered up? it makes no sense.

Faux Newz? Geeepers...

This is not about FOX news it's about the Libya cover up.

This whole thing is unfortunately being used by Republicans during a Presidential Election Cycle, in one of the most despicable acts of disgrace that I've witnessed during a Presidential Election, in quite some time.

You mean the people don't have a right to how one of our Ambassadors and three other citizens were murdered on US soil by terrorists?

You had no aircraft on the ground in Shanksville, Pa., yet you re-elected a war criminal as your President, and now you hallucinate two (2) conspiracy theories out of whole clothe, merely because you think its going to shed some bad light on the President's impeccable Foreign Policy performance?

Again this is about Libya

Yes the Libya cover up

Former Secretary of Defense, Bill Cohen, knows these matters far better than the OP, and his suggestion was that everybody chill-out and wait for the investigation to conclude

Now lets all chill, and wait until after the election. I know any answers you don't want to know. Let me just ask a few, who did rice get her intelligence from, who told here to go on those Sunday shows and give a out a lie to the American people? Biden said they never knew anything, why did they not know? The state department testified they were in real time contact within Libya and they knew from the minute it happened there was no protest, it was calm before the attack. Why did the State department know but Rice did not know, and why did she not know?

Yeah that's right just wait until after the election. We sure don't want to show now that Obama if a ****ing failure yet again.

in a matter that was very fluid and clouded with Arab Spring fever.

Now you make up another excuse for the Libya killings, after there has been many attacks in Libya and our Ambassador asked repeatedly for more protection. And was turned down, why.

So, if it is good enough for Cohen, then its good enough for me. I think an intelligent human being can easily see that the Arab Spring was well underway, long before the U.S. Embassy got attacked and how that could easily be interpreted at first glance as behavior in like kind

Like I said this case is like Watergate and you want to wait until after the election.

- given the Youtube video that Ryan, acted like he never heard of before.

Now your back to the video that had nothing to do with the killing in Libya.

Pure Politics.

Pure Coverup

Liberals: When painted in a corner....shoot the messenger.

Reminds me more of the Bush administration's handling of 9/11 warnings and the push into Iraq, personally. Maybe we should go back and investigate those, while we're at it.

covering up what? She got her information from the intelligence briefing. What was being covered up? it makes no sense.

When you have the President and VP campaigning on the slogan "Bin Laden's dead and GM is alive" and then Al Qaeda hits the US consulate in Benghazi on the anniversary of 9/11 and kills 4 US state Department personnel it's a big hit on your campaign. Obama's 2 major accomplishments are Obamcare which a majority of Americans want repealed and killing Bin Laden. But now we find out that Al Qaeda's resurgence coincides with Obama's strategy of "leading from behind"
The impression that Obama was attempting to make about destroying Al Qaeda and terrorists has been shattered. The fact that the US lost its first Ambassador since Jimmy Carter's presidency reminds people of the eerie similarities between the two.
The cover up is that the administration tried to shift responsibility away from Al Qaeda onto an obscure movie that nobody has seen for political reasons. How many riots throughout the Middle East took place after the administration called the Muslim world's attention to the video? How many deaths and injuries accurred in these riots? How much property was destroyed? How much ill will was stirred up towards the US because of the phony US apologies for a movie that wasn't even relevant up to that point?

If you think that Obama et.al. thought they could "cover up" an attack where an ambassador was killed then yo must also think that they are pretty damn stupid
It sure looks that way. There's no other way to describe their repeated attempts to try to blame it on a youtube video. Obama went to Vegas the next day to do fundraising. Pretty damn stupid.

Back
Top Bottom